PDA

View Full Version : van Zanten signs for Morton / Hong Kong Thierry at Raith (merged)

Future17
12-11-2009, 01:27 PM
David Van Zanten has signed for Greenock Morton on a short-term deal, but says he wants to put himself in the shop window for a move to a bigger club.

Thierry Gattheussi is on trial with, and expected to sign for, Raith Rovers.

Found their level or could they do better?

Shaggy
12-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Thierry Gattheussi was a scape goat, I would have him back....... not in the majority on here however.....

Footballs odd in the way it shows up players,

Most were gutted when Jones went,
he was the heart of our defence, ir-replaceable we thought...
but we now have a more effective defence with no new replacements. Figure that one out:dizzy:

Diclonius
12-11-2009, 02:24 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/morton/8355983.stm

Surely that isn't his level. :bitchy:

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Thierry Gattheussi was a scape goat, I would have him back....... not in the majority on here however.....

Footballs odd in the way it shows up players,

Most were gutted when Jones went,
he was the heart of our defence, ir-replaceable we thought...
but we now have a more effective defence with no new replacements. Figure that one out:dizzy:

I actually liked Gattheussi. :agree:

He was silly to give away those daft penalties. But he really wasn't as bad as some people made him out to be. Very tough in the tackle, even if it was miss timed 90% of the time. :cool2:

Hibs90
12-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Bring back HKT!

Loves getting forward, not scared of a tackle, cracking cross, and good passer of the ball. Although saying that he did lose his concentration alot and was a bit of a bombscare at times. Plus Wotherspoon is doing a fantastic job at right back.

1two
12-11-2009, 02:39 PM

He's better than that but it looks like he's making do with whats on offer just now.

I felt sorry for him when we released him after the window shut. Most clubs had already done their dealings so it would be harder for him to find a club but i suppose Yogi/Petrie were looking after the clubs best interests.

Good luck to the lad, but unfortunately he wasn't hibs class.

Judas Iscariot
12-11-2009, 02:41 PM

Think you'll find that is his level..

RIP
12-11-2009, 02:42 PM
From St Mirren skipper and POTY to short-term deal with Morton!

What a shame. He seemed a nice guy. Just not sure if he had the 'steel' to stamp his authority on a game in the way Murray does.

Definitely a 'confidence player' and under Mixu's regime their wasn't a lot of that going around

Judas Iscariot
12-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Bring back Thierry :agree:

Bayern Bru
12-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Wonder if Yogi could have tamed HKT?

ChrissyG1875
12-11-2009, 06:55 PM
I would love nothing more than to have Gathuessi back, i was raging when he left. Yogi's always talking about wanting a fast right back who's good going forward, he's exactly what he wants. One last thing,

Bring back Thierry!!!

--------
12-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Wonder if Yogi could have tamed HKT?

Sol Bamba - bombscare no more.

Derek Riordan - working his wee socks off for the team.

HKT - it would have been worth a shot at the very least to let Yogi have a go at him with the gold-dust. :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Bring back HKT?:bitchy::bitchy:

Scotthibs1875
12-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Bring back HKT?:bitchy::bitchy:
Someone with a bit of sense!!
There is a reason he signed for Morton
They are *****e, he is *****e

overdrive
12-11-2009, 08:04 PM

He hasn't!

Judas Iscariot
12-11-2009, 08:15 PM

:doh:

Scotthibs1875
12-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Raith then:faf:

lyonhibs
12-11-2009, 10:26 PM
I would love nothing more than to have Gathuessi back, i was raging when he left. Yogi's always talking about wanting a fast right back who's good going forward, he's exactly what he wants. One last thing,

Bring back Thierry!!!

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Non
Nicht
Nein

**** off
Away and She!te etc

Judas Iscariot
12-11-2009, 11:08 PM
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Non
Nicht
Nein

**** off
Away and She!te etc

Circa :bye:

Dashing Bob S
13-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Great to see that these guys, who were good enough for JC and Mixu, are indeed not considered Hibs class by Yogi. We are so very fortunate to have a manager who sets the bar high for the type of player for a club of our stature. Gone are the days when we signed journeymen who could 'do a job.'

Bayern Bru
13-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Great to see that these guys, who were good enough for JC and Mixu, are indeed not considered Hibs class by Yogi. We are so very fortunate to have a manager who sets the bar high for the type of player for a club of our stature. Gone are the days when we signed journeymen who could 'do a job.'

Agree here Bob.
Yogi clearly has an eye for a decent player no matter what their career's thrown at them - Liam Miller and Stokes would be good examples. Whilst they perhaps didn't quite manage to fulfill their early potential (i.e. Premiership standard), it seems that Yogi knows the calibre of player Hibs need and deserve and wants to take the club away from signing, as you say, journeymen.

Long may it continue.

Capt Mainwaring
13-11-2009, 11:17 PM

Totally agree Bob - well said

Van Zanten was weak as cold tea and had the heart of a timid lamb. Good luck to the guy but glad he's well clear of Hibs.

Bayern Bru
13-11-2009, 11:52 PM

Van Zanten was weak as cold tea and had the heart of a timid lamb. Good luck to the guy but glad he's well clear of Hibs.

A "stupid boy" in other words, Captain?
:greengrin

broonie27
14-11-2009, 12:07 AM
Both of them very little more than below average. At least DVZ didn't give away ridiculous pens every other week and looked as if he cared. The team is far better without them.

Mibbes Aye
14-11-2009, 05:04 PM

I think DVZ got a harder time than he deserved at Hibs. Not good enough for the level we want the team to play at but not deserving of some of the abuse he regularly got.

He wasn't an attacking fullback in the way that Whittaker was and would never have fitted into the way Hughes likes to play. Nevertheless he was quietly competent in SPL terms and arguably played to the utmost of his abilities.

We are right to want or expect a more skilful and talented player in that position but DVZ did a job for us when asked, especially against trickier players like McGeady and Driver.

Under Mixu we scraped into the top six and it was the defence that dragged us there IMO. DVZ was certainly part of that. Nobody's arguing he's good enough to be a starting RB in a team competing for Europe but he doesn't deserve the stick he gets IMO.