PDA

View Full Version : Hearts in Trouble at the High Court?

HFC 0-7
12-11-2009, 11:29 AM
http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/rolls/supreme/lists/r091111_058.htm#Motions

Dont know what an unstarred motion is but looks like it involves HMRC.

Hit control F then type heart in and it will find it.

Liberal Hibby
12-11-2009, 11:38 AM
http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/rolls/supreme/lists/r091111_058.htm#Motions

Dont know what an unstarred motion is but looks like it involves HMRC.

Hit control F then type heart in and it will find it.

I think it means it's on the agenda, but won't (yet) get discussed.

HFC 0-7
12-11-2009, 11:41 AM
I think it means it's on the agenda, but won't (yet) get discussed.

Just checked with a lawyer friend. He said that it is probably Hearts saying they cant make a payment date.

Apparently happens a lot with businesses these days, its basically a time saver for the courts rather than going through all the judges and other peoples time for someone to say, we cant make the deadline.

Still doesnt seem good news for Hearts.

EskbankHibby
12-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Just checked with a lawyer friend. He said that it is probably Hearts saying they cant make a payment date.

Apparently happens a lot with businesses these days, its basically a time saver for the courts rather than going through all the judges and other peoples time for someone to say, we cant make the deadline.

Surely not.

Though the den mothers and Arbroath FC were all part of a wider conspiracy that now seems to involve HMRC.

MB62
12-11-2009, 12:07 PM
So, as usual then, it's just a total non story and there is nothing to be concerned about.

Keith_M
12-11-2009, 12:19 PM
While we're on the story, is this related to the alleged 'Winding Up Order' by HMRC on HMFC that was reported on here previously?

If not, what exactly happened to all the apocalyptic predictions made at the time?

This is getting sooooooooooooooooo boring. :yawn: Hibs are going through a Purple Patch, at least by Hibs standards, and some Hibs fans are STILL so obsessed by the goings-on or non-goings-on at TinPotCastle.

For all you lurking Jambos, most Hibs fans aren't actually getting a big boner about the financial situation at the Pink Bus Shelter but are probably as bored with the whole things as you are. Why don't you report THAT to all your mates on YackBack.

Seveno
12-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Don't worry, I can exclusively reveal that Vlad is about to sell Hearts to a local businessman.

Unfortunately, I cannot reveal his name at the moment but I can say that he has made his money in the metals and property business.

Apparently, he is appalled at the length of time that it is taking Vlad to manage the club into oblivion.

Jamesie
12-11-2009, 01:06 PM

I wasn't aware they were on a payment plan but if so that seems likely. A "motion" is basically the legal term for asking the court to do something. Generally, if the other side doesn't oppose that request it becomes "unstarred" and gets signed by a judge without parties having to attend court.

If the motion is opposed, or for some other reason the court wants to hear more from the parties, it becomes "starred" and needs to be heard in court.

So, unless the motion is for wind up on the basis of a failure to meet a payment date and Hearts failed to oppose that motion (unlikely) then I reckon it may be the case that HMRC has allowed a stay of execution here.

Woody1985
12-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Out of interest, how did you come across this?

Please don't tell me you search that page every day for news on Hearts.

Beefster
12-11-2009, 01:52 PM
This is just Vlad playing clever with the HMRC. Nothing to see.

Either that or it's a West Coast Judiciary conspiracy.

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 02:00 PM
http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-sweep.gif

Caversham Green
12-11-2009, 02:22 PM
I wasn't aware they were on a payment plan but if so that seems likely. A "motion" is basically the legal term for asking the court to do something. Generally, if the other side doesn't oppose that request it becomes "unstarred" and gets signed by a judge without parties having to attend court.

If the motion is opposed, or for some other reason the court wants to hear more from the parties, it becomes "starred" and needs to be heard in court.

So, unless the motion is for wind up on the basis of a failure to meet a payment date and Hearts failed to oppose that motion (unlikely) then I reckon it may be the case that HMRC has allowed a stay of execution here.

HMRC raised a WU petition in the summer following the yams' failure to pay about £1.3m in tax. It was reported on their website that they had agreed a payment plan. I'm wondering if this is a motion to dismiss that petition because the Yams have now paid up in full - hence unstarred as HMRC won't be opposing it. 5-6 months seems about right for one of these plans as well.

bingo70
12-11-2009, 02:31 PM
While we're on the story, is this related to the alleged 'Winding Up Order' by HMRC on HMFC that was reported on here previously?

If not, what exactly happened to all the apocalyptic predictions made at the time?

This is getting sooooooooooooooooo boring. :yawn: Hibs are going through a Purple Patch, at least by Hibs standards, and some Hibs fans are STILL so obsessed by the goings-on or non-goings-on at TinPotCastle.

For all you lurking Jambos, most Hibs fans aren't actually getting a big boner about the financial situation at the Pink Bus Shelter but are probably as bored with the whole things as you are. Why don't you report THAT to all your mates on YackBack.

Just because we're doing well on the park why would that stop us taking an interest in hertz being ****ed :confused:

They're our local rivals, it'd be stupid of us not to gloat at a time when we're doing well and they're in a mess, thats what rival fans do to each other.

When they're above us in the league some folk are on here saying we cannae slag them as they're better than us but when we're doing better than them we're not supposed to be bothered about them either?

When is it acceptable to take the piss out of hearts in your opinion?

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Just because we're doing well on the park why would that stop us taking an interest in hertz being ****ed :confused:

They're our local rivals, it'd be stupid of us not to gloat at a time when we're doing well and they're in a mess, thats what rival fans do to each other.

When they're above us in the league some folk are on here saying we cannae slag them as they're better than us but when we're doing better than them we're not supposed to be bothered about them either?

They were happy enough to gloat when we were about to be taken over. We also never heard the end of it when we were in the first Division.

F' em :agree:

:brokenyam: :lolyam: :nade: :dancer: :yamlaugh:

RIP
12-11-2009, 02:51 PM

:hmmm::sofa:

bingo70
12-11-2009, 03:38 PM
I think we can justifiably take the piss at this time due to the league positions as they are pretty clear.

How clear is the finacial state of Hearts? compared to a year ago when they were going bust, or the year before when they were going bust, or the year before when they were going bust.

There was much sabre rattling about how many we would beat hearts by in the derby, replicating the 0 - 7 scoreline or even beating it.
A draw wasn't too bad against a team that is usually at the other end of the table, that are fighting for every point making them difficult to beat.

Yet the yams laugh at us because we didn't rattle in the goals that were promised.

Aye, take the piss but be careful we don't hand over the high ground.

The only thing thats ever been clear about hearts finances is that it's always going to go tits up at some point.

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 03:40 PM
The only thing thats ever been clear about hearts finances is that it's always going to go tits up at some point.

It could take years...

But if things keep going the way they are going, then there has to be a breaking point somewhere. :agree:

I think I enjoy the slow wait more than it just happening right now. :wink:

Woody1985
12-11-2009, 04:06 PM
:hmmm::sofa:

I would respond if I knew what this was meant to mean...

Big Frank
12-11-2009, 04:44 PM
I would respond if I knew what this was meant to mean...

Doesn't it seem that he hinks yer a yam:devil:

Keith_M
12-11-2009, 04:48 PM

He better not be calling ME a Yam!

:gun:

Twa Cairpets
12-11-2009, 04:48 PM
I think we can justifiably take the piss at this time due to the league positions as they are pretty clear.

How clear is the finacial state of Hearts? compared to a year ago when they were going bust, or the year before when they were going bust, or the year before when they were going bust.

There was much sabre rattling about how many we would beat hearts by in the derby, replicating the 0 - 7 scoreline or even beating it.
A draw wasn't too bad against a team that is usually at the other end of the table, that are fighting for every point making them difficult to beat.

Yet the yams laugh at us because we didn't rattle in the goals that were promised.

Aye, take the piss but be careful we don't hand over the high ground.

For everyone talking up the score in the derby, there were two or three saying "haud the bus, dont get carried away". The difference on Hibs.net compared to kickbackistan last season before the 1-0 at the PBS last year was huge.

High Ground retained, and any opportunity to make them feel more miserable about there lot should be seized upon.

Keith_M
12-11-2009, 04:52 PM

We've got lots of ammunition on the playing field, so yes, take the p*ss out of them for that. :agree:

I suppose I'm just fed up of the constant revelations of Hawrts supposedly imminent demise. When the bailifs are actually knocking on the door at TinPotCastle, then feel free to take the p*ss. Until then, take anything you hear about their finances with a pinch of salt.

Dibben
12-11-2009, 05:10 PM
What are Her Majestys government playing at? This is how all big clubs operate! When will the authorities realise this... You know, vlad doesn't get this hassle in lithuania!

BH.

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 05:12 PM
With Rangers and Hearts with their "God Save The Queen"...

I wonder if the Queen will be so generous enough to save both of her loyal subject groups from extinction? :cool2:

greenginger
12-11-2009, 05:16 PM

Maybe Vlad has decided enough is enough and instructed the Wind-Up motion to go through un-opposed.

After all tomorrow is Friday 13th, :devil: :devil: :devil:

Woody1985
12-11-2009, 05:20 PM

Thought that might be what he was getting it. However, just cos I think it's a bit sad that someone looks up court documents everyday to be 'first in the know' about Hearts being mentioned doesn't make me a yam. Looking up the site every day sounds yammish in itself.

Having been to a few games this season and having bought tickets from people on here might sort of disprove that. :greengrin

Makes nae odds to me either way what heshe thinks.

Woody1985
12-11-2009, 05:24 PM
With Rangers and Hearts with their "God Save The Queen"...

I wonder if the Queen will be so generous enough to save both of her loyal subject groups from extinction? :cool2:

I thought it was in the press a few months ago that even she was 'toiling' and was trying to get more cash from the government who telt her to GTF. :faf:

jgl07
12-11-2009, 06:15 PM
It could take years...

But if things keep going the way they are going, then there has to be a breaking point somewhere. :agree:

I think I enjoy the slow wait more than it just happening right now. :wink:
I agree 100%.

The financial sleight of hand has fooled people for three years or so but eventually the whole fiasco will be rumbled.

The crunch point will come when the next set of accounts are due out and the auditor refuses to sign because:

1. Hearts are technically insolvent (nothing new there) and .....

2. The 'guarantees' given by UBIG will be rejected as worthless. The auditors gave them the benefit of doubt the last time but I suspect will not do so again.

Dashing Bob S
12-11-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm pretty happy with the way things are going at HMFC; massive mounting debts, obviously struggling with cash flow and paying bills, outside the top eight on the pitch, an owner who, if interested in their continuance sees them as way of bailing out his other businesses, the forthcoming January sales which should see Wallace and Driver out the door, and we're in a recession, which means another buyer won't be forthcoming.

All in all, I still have faith in Vlad and think he's making decent progress in the destruction of the club. It's in the nature of supporters to be impatient, but I'd extol everyone to give Mr Romanov more time at Tynecastle. He's done well, and is continuing to do so. I'm convinced more than ever that he's the man to lead Hearts to where we all want them to be.

Mag7
12-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Would like to see hearts always on our coat tails but would prefer it to be because we got a better team on the park.

It'll be some league if the Odd firm go south and Hearts go tits up

I dream of such a day, especially the Hearts going tits up bit :agree:

HFC 0-7
12-11-2009, 06:56 PM

No I dont although I know a couple of Hibbys that might. The business I work for is involved in something at court right now and a work mate got the daily list and showed me it. he knew I was a hibby and might be 'concerned' for my teams greatest rivals.

Woody1985
12-11-2009, 07:16 PM
No I dont although I know a couple of Hibbys that might. The business I work for is involved in something at court right now and a work mate got the daily list and showed me it. he knew I was a hibby and might be 'concerned' for my teams greatest rivals.

Fair enough.

I can picture some people checking the lists everyday. As someone above says, it's great having them around.

I think I'd miss the hilarity they bring if they ever do go.

whiskyhibby
12-11-2009, 07:23 PM
:vladsheep::vladsheep:
I'm pretty happy with the way things are going at HMFC; massive mounting debts, obviously struggling with cash flow and paying bills, outside the top eight on the pitch, an owner who, if interested in their continuance sees them as way of bailing out his other businesses, the forthcoming January sales which should see Wallace and Driver out the door, and we're in a recession, which means another buyer won't be forthcoming.

All in all, I still have faith in Vlad and think he's making decent progress in the destruction of the club. It's in the nature of supporters to be impatient, but I'd extol everyone to give Mr Romanov more time at Tynecastle. He's done well, and is continuing to do so. I'm convinced more than ever that he's the man to lead Hearts to where we all want them to be.

:faf::faf::faf::faf::top marks:top marks

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 07:25 PM

I agree whole heartedly with you Bob. :agree:

Hopefully after he's done his great work at Heart of Midlothian... He'll get the big promotion that he deserves.

Rangers Football Club perhaps? :devil: