PDA

View Full Version : Hibees Memorabilia

sauzee1966
11-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Hi fellow hibees!
I have a large..well very large...5ft x 3ft framed hibs mirrow.with the old Duff Era Badge and main sponsors Weir Toyota on it that came from the old stand...from the sponsors lounge i think!
It was given to me by a friend and as selling a property i rent out ( it was stored in the garage) my good lady has said it cannot go in the dining room!! which i really dont understand at all.

Any ideas what this is worth?? or who would want it?
would look cool in a guys house or a den...or a games room but i really have no idea!!

pm me if you know anyone that would want it and happy to deliver it either this weekend or next if any takers!!
:thumbsup:

fatbloke
12-11-2009, 12:06 AM
I have an 'autographed' billboard poster 4x2 from Videoton v Hibs in 1989 - including those 2 'alleged' rogues Duff and Gray - rescued from around a lamppost at 4.30 in the morning - before the police pulled a gun on me and ordered me back to the Hotel Alba Regia - same one the team stayed in that night at £25 a room - happy times.

I also have a bottle of red wine specially produced and labelled Hibs Skol Cup Winners 1991 - it's probably vinegar now but what the hell it looks good.

I also have a china Teddy only one of it's kind in the world in a Whyte & Mackay Hibs outfit - made by some chaps who were being detained at Her Majesty's Pleasure somewhere.

Have had numerous offers over the years but willnae sell - rather give to a museum or something.

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 12:10 AM
I er... have a Hibs mug... :greengrin

Wouldn't sell it for the world though. :agree:

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 12:27 AM
Hi fellow hibees!
I have a large..well very large...5ft x 3ft framed hibs mirrow.with the old Duff Era Badge and main sponsors Weir Toyota on it that came from the old stand...from the sponsors lounge i think!
It was given to me by a friend and as selling a property i rent out ( it was stored in the garage) my good lady has said it cannot go in the dining room!! which i really dont understand at all.

would look cool in a guys house or a den...or a games room but i really have no idea!!

pm me if you know anyone that would want it and happy to deliver it either this weekend or next if any takers!!

Grow a set:wink:

sauzee1966
12-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Grow a set:wink:

well i am under orders to let it go.....it was a hard choice...the mirror or divorce.....i have been mulling this for ages!!
i also have some other good stuff..but would not part with the other items.
I have always wondered if a toilet was made with a yam badge in the bottom...would we all buy one??
Having a yam badge in the house would be a sin...but think of the pleasure if you needed a no1 or better a no2!!

I have a friend the works for KOHLER in the USA and he told me he would have one made if i paid the shipping and tax......would the wife be amused??
I know i would!

davemcbain
12-11-2009, 08:35 AM
well i am under orders to let it go.....it was a hard choice...the mirror or divorce.....i have been mulling this for ages!!

Ahh well, you'll miss her for a while....but every time you look in the mirror you'll know you made the right decision (hope my missus isn't reading this!)

jazzy7070
12-11-2009, 08:58 AM
would look good in my spare rm what you wanting for it?

woodyhfc4892
12-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Hi fellow hibees!

How much you wanting for it :cool2: ?

Petrie's Tache
12-11-2009, 11:58 AM
I have an 'autographed' billboard poster 4x2 from Videoton v Hibs in 1989 - including those 2 'alleged' rogues Duff and Gray - rescued from around a lamppost at 4.30 in the morning - before the police pulled a gun on me and ordered me back to the Hotel Alba Regia - same one the team stayed in that night at £25 a room - happy times.

I also have a bottle of red wine specially produced and labelled Hibs Skol Cup Winners 1991 - it's probably vinegar now but what the hell it looks good.

I also have a china Teddy only one of it's kind in the world in a Whyte & Mackay Hibs outfit - made by some chaps who were being detained at Her Majesty's Pleasure somewhere.

Have had numerous offers over the years but willnae sell - rather give to a museum or something.

Wonder if was made by someone on here:cool2:

heretoday
12-11-2009, 02:20 PM
I have a Hibs "wallet holder" from about 1965. Those were the days when tat really was tat!

Aldo
12-11-2009, 02:44 PM
I have a black and white photo of the 72 League &Dryburgh cup winners in their training gear in front of the old stand.

Signed by all the players and coaching staff

Also a signed frame shirt from a couple of years back.

surreyhibbie
12-11-2009, 02:50 PM
i also have some other good stuff..but would not part with the other items.
I have always wondered if a toilet was made with a yam badge in the bottom...would we all buy one??Having a yam badge in the house would be a sin...but think of the pleasure if you needed a no1 or better a no2!!

I have a friend the works for KOHLER in the USA and he told me he would have one made if i paid the shipping and tax......would the wife be amused??
I know i would!

I once installed a maroon toilet in my house in Aldershot. made that first visit in the morning so much more enjoyable.

Childish, but absolutely true...

sauzee1966
12-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Pm me about the mirror guys...Like i say i have no idea what its worth but will not be over priced!

Big Frank
12-11-2009, 04:46 PM
May I suggest that yous all put these things up on Hib-bay. Then you'll see if anyone is prepared to pay anything for your rubbi...er stuff:cool2: