PDA

View Full Version : Yams Latest fire sale at 'weareinsolvent.com'

...WentToMowAnSPL
11-11-2009, 07:24 PM
The only sale on.. this week (http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/articles/well-pay-the-vat-day-thursday-only-20091111_2242484_1870617?)
When are the wages due ?

Barney McGrew
11-11-2009, 07:27 PM
The only sale on.. this week (http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/articles/well-pay-the-vat-day-thursday-only-20091111_2242484_1870617?)
When are the wages due ?

Fridays IIRC

Fivers in brown bags this week if they manage to cobble together enough to pay everyone :tee hee:

Mikey
11-11-2009, 07:30 PM
How's this for desperation..........

DaveF
11-11-2009, 07:31 PM
"Buy an adult away top and get 2 tickets for the St Johnstone game FREE"

What will those on the waiting list say about this :faf:

Barney McGrew
11-11-2009, 07:32 PM

I'm sure lots of people on the season ticket waiting list will be snapping them up :greengrin

Our gates are rising and they're resorting to giving tickets away to try and get enough cash together to pay their staff.

Dearie me.

Sergey
11-11-2009, 07:33 PM
What an oxymoronic comment this is: "We pay the VAT....."

:faf:

Only after a winding-up petition has been lodged and even then it's in instalments.

Barney McGrew
11-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Only after a winding-up petition has been lodged an even then it's in installments

:hilarious

DaveF
11-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Latest fire sale at 'wereinsolvent.com'

Domain name for sale if anyone wants it? :greengrin

Cool_Hand_Luke
11-11-2009, 07:37 PM
This is the way big teams operate :agree:

Hibercelona
11-11-2009, 07:39 PM
I wouldn't take any of their "merchandise" if I was paid too.

I don't know how anybody could want any of that stuff. :jamboak:

Desperate times in Gorgie toon indeed.

nonshinyfinish
11-11-2009, 07:40 PM

Can you have apostrophes in domain names? 'wereinsolvent.com' suggests that the insolvency is in the past - certainly not the case down Swiney, so it would have to be either 'we'reinsolvent.com' or 'weareinsolvent.com.

And with that, I'm away for a pedantry ham shank.

Judas Iscariot
11-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Can someone PM me a valid username for iscrubmymommasback.com to have a gander please :wink:

jakedance
11-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Apparently the away top features Umbro's unique climate control technology. Whatever the **** that means.

Phil D. Rolls
11-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Cash flow problems (again) I am guessing.

truehibernian
11-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Climate control technology :dizzy: maybe that is just for Nade, as he alone has his own microclimate. Under his arms would probably be classed as rain forest and he certainly looks like he has a huge hole in his ozone :agree:

Minder
11-11-2009, 09:46 PM

Only after a winding-up petition has been lodged and even then it's in instalments.

:agree:

greenlex
11-11-2009, 09:51 PM

Stupendous!!!!!!!!:greengrin I noticed this on the electronic track side advertising on Saturday and thought to myself they really must be struggling to pay the wages this month. That and Vlad being back to rally the players. It cant be long now. :agree:

Peevemor
11-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Watch out for their 2010-2011 season tickets going on sale (at about £5 each) before the December wages are due for payment. :cool2:

IWasThere2016
12-11-2009, 05:48 AM
I give them to the end of next season in the SPL.

Either they'll be relegated or, more likely, they'll go into administration. Bye bye Jambos! :greengrin

rubber mal
12-11-2009, 06:49 AM

Who they playing?

joe breezy
12-11-2009, 06:56 AM

Ha ha, we'll pay the VAT, or maybe we won't, in fact maybe we'll tell the tax man we don't owe VAT cos our customers never paid it, not our fault

Auckland Hibs
12-11-2009, 07:10 AM
Tick...... tock ..... :bye:

MB62
12-11-2009, 07:12 AM
What happens if the sell 10,000 shirts = 20,000 tickets?

Then of course if everybody returns the shirts on the Monday for a refund, what happens then? :wink:

IWasThere2016
12-11-2009, 07:20 AM
Who they playing?

:greengrin

Then of course if everybody returns the shirts on the Monday for a refund, what happens then? :wink:

They'll be shut by then :bye:

Green Man
12-11-2009, 07:33 AM
When I saw "we pay the VAT today only" I thought it was a take-it-or-leave-it offer to settle their HMRC bill :greengrin

StevieC
12-11-2009, 07:52 AM

The trouble is that wereinsolvent.com suggests that they "were" insolvent but not anymore.

Can I suggest weareinsolvent.com or wearereallytrulybuggered.co.uk as an alternative

EDIT: Damn, I just noticed another serial pedant beat me to it last night.

bobbyhibs1983
12-11-2009, 08:10 AM

Dont you know they have build a 51million stand and that holds 40,000?
oh wait:rolleyes:

Anyhow as somone has said why are they advertising st jonestone tickets?

IIRC didn't hearts say they always sell tynie out and have a waiting list for season tickets?Or did i dream that(its a good possibility that i did)

or have i missed something?

Ravelston Hibby
12-11-2009, 08:13 AM
Come on guys, shirley this is just a nice wee Christmas gesture to the believers from Uncle Vlad!....No? :santa:dunno:

Ok, maybe not. :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
12-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Can you have apostrophes in domain names? 'wereinsolvent.com' suggests that the insolvency is in the past - certainly not the case down Swiney, so it would have to be either 'we'reinsolvent.com' or 'weareinsolvent.com.

And with that, I'm away for a pedantry ham shank.

The trouble is that wereinsolvent.com suggests that they "were" insolvent but not anymore.

Can I suggest weareinsolvent.com or wearereallytrulybuggered.co.uk as an alternative

Point taken

I'm half tempted to go to the Yams / St. Johnstone game, only problem is that it is kicking off at stupid o'clock due to the rugby (good scheduling guys). If I do decide to go, it looks like I'd be better off buying a Yams away top and giving it to a charity shop.

Phil D. Rolls
12-11-2009, 08:24 AM

I am reading this whilst eating my Cocopops. If I insist on calling them Coco Pops, can I be a cereal pedant. Please.

BSEJVT
12-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Point taken

I'm half tempted to go to the Yams / St. Johnstone game, only problem is that it is kicking off at stupid o'clock due to the rugby (good scheduling guys). If I do decide to go, it looks like I'd be better off buying a Yams away top and giving it to a charity shop.

I am certain there is a UN resolution regarding the proliferation of Hearts tops.
Can I suggest you buy the top, wipe your arse on it and then set it on fire ?

Thanks

StevieC
12-11-2009, 09:01 AM

As someone has suggested ... buy the top .. go to the game .. take it back to the shop on the Monday still sealed in the bag and ask for a full refund.

The tickets are advertised as "free" (ie no monetary value) so not having them to return shouldn't leave you liable for additional charges.

Love the Green
12-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Who they playing?

:thumbsup:
"KEEP THE FAITH"

crewetollhibee
12-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Point taken

They themselves are the biggest charity case in town; so surely you mean buying the strip, then handing it straight back to them :devil:

jakedance
12-11-2009, 10:41 AM
As someone has suggested ... buy the top .. go to the game .. take it back to the shop on the Monday still sealed in the bag and ask for a full refund.

The tickets are advertised as "free" (ie no monetary value) so not having them to return shouldn't leave you liable for additional charges.

That's excellent. Hopefully a few yams will cotton on to that wee scam.

poolman
12-11-2009, 02:50 PM

Whilst stocks last subject to availability

Woody1985
12-11-2009, 03:24 PM
If the goods aren't faulty they're not obliged to give the money back. They can give you store credit as a good will gesture but would still get your money.

Saying that, being a Hearts top, they would be faulty. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
12-11-2009, 03:27 PM
I give them to the end of next season in the SPL.

Either they'll be relegated or, more likely, they'll go into administration. Bye bye Jambos! :greengrin

I don't think they'll go into administration. Wouldn’t that mean that Vlad has to hand over control to some accountant or other? He’ll never do that IMO – they’ll just go bust.

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 03:31 PM

Will they not also have to refund the difference with the added 15% VAT on?

After all... The "We pay the VAT" deal was only for 1 day. :wink:

Big Frank
12-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Steady lads. They've won the Scottish Cup.:agree:

mjhibby
12-11-2009, 04:01 PM
It really is desperate to give away two tickets just to sell a shirt.I bet vlad cant wait till january to sell wallace and get some money in.Mind you they will be wanting a big crowd for the relegation battle against the super saintees.Come on the saintees.:thumbsup:

down the slope
12-11-2009, 05:00 PM
A yam posted this, as you might not not want the fabulous shirt and ticket offer Wait for it................................................ .............

"I noticed that Hearts have got some great stuff in for the festive period. In fact, the one product that really stood out, and would make the idea stocking-filler for any Hearts fan this Christmas is the brand new 'Official Heart of Midlothian Quiz Book'. With an astonishing 1,000 quiz questions on The Famous, it is both interesting and informative, and would give hours of fun for all the family or even lonely people."

Oh ma sides, i bet one of the questions is guess the debt come AGM time.
I wonder if he was meaning Victorian when he mentioned lonely people.

DaveF
12-11-2009, 05:04 PM
A yam posted this, as you might not not want the fabulous shirt and ticket offer Wait for it................................................ .............

"I noticed that Hearts have got some great stuff in for the festive period. In fact, the one product that really stood out, and would make the idea stocking-filler for any Hearts fan this Christmas is the brand new 'Official Heart of Midlothian Quiz Book'. With an astonishing 1,000 quiz questions on The Famous, it is both interesting and informative, and would give hours of fun for all the family or even lonely people."

Are they trying to increase the suicide rate over Christmas?

Bostonhibby
12-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Apparently the away top features Umbro's unique climate control technology. Whatever the **** that means.

holes for the air to pass through?

CRAZYHIBBY
12-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Climate control technology :dizzy: maybe that is just for Nade, as he alone has his own microclimate. :

More like a microwave under his shirt :greengrin

whiskyhibby
12-11-2009, 06:16 PM

Do you honestly see that happening...............

:chop::chop:

bruno
12-11-2009, 06:41 PM

I have to agree that sounds like desperation but they did same last year pre christmas. Actually good deal for supporters but not those with season tickets which is wrong. I have to comment on the above review. This poster is am author who wrote 2 miles a hearts book and who wrote the quiz book too:)

Bad Martini
12-11-2009, 06:54 PM
In light of todays bad bad news for our friends in the royal blue, it is with great sadness and heavy heart I find myself thinking its a real shame that 2 of Scotlands finest old institutions might be looking on really hard times, possibly even their very survival.

Maybe they should have a "merger" ??? Think I'll call Davey and Vladdy and suggest they team up, roll their collective teams together and lets see if they can make a super force to be reckoned with...

...or would they just have £70 million of debt :greengrin :devil: :faf: :thumbsup:

Horse
12-11-2009, 08:36 PM
It's how all big teams operate.

bobbyhibs1983
12-11-2009, 08:56 PM
In light of todays bad bad news for our friends in the royal blue, it is with great sadness and heavy heart I find myself thinking its a real shame that 2 of Scotlands finest old institutions might be looking on really hard times, possibly even their very survival.

Maybe they should have a "merger" ??? Think I'll call Davey and Vladdy and suggest they team up, roll their collective teams together and lets see if they can make a super force to be reckoned with...

...or would they just have £70 million of debt :greengrin :devil: :faf: :thumbsup:

i have no idea where you are getting 70million from my freind, I mean heartz have NO debt, they owe money to themselfs.

or have i missed something?:confused:

Jack
12-11-2009, 09:13 PM
What about we all have a day out?
Buy the top get the tickets and then throw the strips on the pitch at half time as we leave?

jgl07
12-11-2009, 09:20 PM

Here are a few extracts from the quiz:

1. Which of the following SPL clubs is £40 million in debt?

a) St Mirren
b) Celtic
c) Hibs
d) Hearts

2. Which SPL player has declared his attention to walk away at the end of the season after costing in excess of £2 million in wages and transfer fees?

a) Derek Riordan
b) Kevin Kyle
c) Lee Miller
d) Jose Goncalves

3. Which of the following SPL clubs is run by a raving meglamaniac?

a) Kilmarnock
b) Dundee United
c) Aberdeen
d) Hearts

4. Where do Hearts currently lie in the SPL table?

a) Top two
b) Top three
c) Top six
d) Top eight

For each time you answer a) score 0 points.
For each time you answer b) score 1 point.
For each time you answer c) score 2 points.
For each time you answer d) score 16 points.

If you score over 40 points you are almost certainly a peg selling Hobo.

If you score between 20 and 39 points you do not understand how big clubs operate.

If you score between 1 and 19 points you are a hatkicking Vlad Hater.

If you score 0 points you are either Dexter or Sergey on the wind-up.

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 09:32 PM

a) St Mirren
b) Celtic
c) Hibs
d) Hearts

2. Which SPL player has declared his attention to walk away at the end of the season after costing in excess of £2 million in wages and transfer fees?

a) Derek Riordan
b) Kevin Kyle
c) Lee Miller
d) Jose Goncalves

a) Kilmarnock
b) Dundee United
c) Aberdeen
d) Hearts

a) Top two
b) Top three
c) Top six
d) Top eight

If you score between 20 and 39 points you do not understand how big clubs operate.

If its Sergey then it's definitely a wind up. :agree:

If its Dexter... its because he "believes". :rolleyes:

matty_f
12-11-2009, 10:08 PM

a) St Mirren
b) Celtic
c) Hibs
d) Hearts

a) Derek Riordan
b) Kevin Kyle
c) Lee Miller
d) Jose Goncalves

a) Kilmarnock
b) Dundee United
c) Aberdeen
d) Hearts

a) Top two
b) Top three
c) Top six
d) Top eight

:faf::top marks

Caversham Green
12-11-2009, 10:51 PM

a) St Mirren
b) Celtic
c) Hibs
d) Hearts

a) Derek Riordan
b) Kevin Kyle
c) Lee Miller
d) Jose Goncalves

a) Kilmarnock
b) Dundee United
c) Aberdeen
d) Hearts

a) Top two
b) Top three
c) Top six
d) Top eight

Which players cost Hearts £4m in transfer fees in 2006-07 and who was the money paid to?

a) None of your business
b) It's confidential
c) No' tellin' ye
d) It's a secret

When will the new stand be built?

a) May 2007
b) May 2008
c) January 2010
d) A couple of years after Hell has frozen over