PDA

View Full Version : Your proudest moment of being a Hibs fan (merged)

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 10:40 AM
What is the best thing your club has done in your life time?

Ed De Gramo
11-11-2009, 10:53 AM

One of the best things is scalping your gutless mob 3-0 TWICE :wink:

poolman
11-11-2009, 10:56 AM

Sold Katie to your mob for £2m squids :bye:

The_Todd
11-11-2009, 10:57 AM

East Mains.

Ritchie
11-11-2009, 11:04 AM
signed players of the calibre of Sauzee, Latapy & Zitelli. :notworthy:

Zimmy
11-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Pumped Hertz 7 nix :thumbsup:

greenlex
11-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Survived!!!!!

RoslinInstHibby
11-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Tough one, go for one of 3 options:confused:

1.) east mains
2.) 6-2 derby result
3.) sign Frank Sauzee

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-11-2009, 11:12 AM
The way we all stuck together when Wallet Merger tried to shut us down.

jacomo
11-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Survived!!!!!

:agree: Amen to that.

MB62
11-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Pumped Hertz 7 nix :thumbsup:

As a club/team without doubt that very day. Still proud as F and still remember it well, although watching the video and DVD several hundred times to keep reminding me of it helps :thumbsup:

The way we all stuck together when Wallet Merger tried to shut us down.

As fans, this has to be our greatest ever achievement and one I am equally as proud of as the result above.

It sure was :notworthy:

Bad Martini
11-11-2009, 11:50 AM

Turning you lot over 3-0 at your patch was vintage, putting you lot out the cup more than once was good, watching you lot pay over the odds for Katie was priceless.

Not necessarily the best thing we've done in my lifetime but relevant now, I feel.

That said, I enjoy everyone turning rangers over and I enjoy every occassion when you lot pay over the odds for a player.

Now, if youse get into financial problems or better still, go bust, that'd be up there and indeed, we'll throw a big party (as will the other non-believers of yer mantras and pish).

You see the theme here? :devil:

HibsNibs
11-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Abandoning all the sectarian pish. It was not uncommon to hear Hibs sing from the rebel songbook in the 70's.
PS I find the OP's avatar offensive and wonder how long the Hibs crest would last on swallowswallow

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Turning you lot over 3-0 at your patch was vintage, putting you lot out the cup more than once was good, watching you lot pay over the odds for Katie was priceless.

Not necessarily the best thing we've done in my lifetime but relevant now, I feel.

That said, I enjoy everyone turning rangers over and I enjoy every occassion when you lot pay over the odds for a player.

Now, if youse get into financial problems or better still, go bust, that'd be up there and indeed, we'll throw a big party (as will the other non-believers of yer mantras and pish).

You see the theme here? :devil:

Yes I do, it seems you hate us more than you love Hibs:wink:

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Abandoning all the sectarian pish. It was not uncommon to hear Hibs sing from the rebel songbook in the 70's.
PS I find the OP's avatar offensive and wonder how long the Hibs crest would last on swallowswallow

Why

Wotherspiniesta
11-11-2009, 12:03 PM

:troll:

HibsNibs
11-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Why

The OF (your club in particular) is the most hateful, shameful, reactionary institution in Scotland and looking at that badge on our site is not something decent people should have to be subjected to.

givescotlandfreedom
11-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Why

It must give him the boke :wink:

For me it would be winning two trophies, getting out the first division and of course survived the FTB's onslaught.

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 12:27 PM
The OF (your club in particular) is the most hateful, shameful, reactionary institution in Scotland and looking at that badge on our site is not something decent people should have to be subjected to.

Grow up

Big Frank
11-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Grow up

Though the boys got a point and our "fenian colours" would last about 1 minute on any hun board, we as Hibbies should rise above it.

Saying that, you should remove your colours out of decency to us. I really dinnae want to lock at that sheet badge everytime you post. Its like a blue rag to a bull man.

Get it changed man.

The_Todd

Surely this is the sort of thing we can rise above and leave to the OF? Finding banners and flags offensive?

God Petrie
The constant desperate snipes at blueisthecolour are getting embarrassing.

Bayern Bru
11-11-2009, 12:34 PM
FWIW, I'm sure the majority of people on here don't really give a hoot about our resident pet Rangers fan (:wink:) using his team's badge as an avatar. I certainly don't, and much as I dislike the bigot brothers and everything that goes along with them, Blueisthecolour is not the embodiment of everything wrong with Rangers, and has never caused any problems on here.

Where's the problem?

surreyhibbie
11-11-2009, 12:58 PM
FWIW, I'm sure the majority of people on here don't really give a hoot about our resident pet Rangers fan (:wink:) using his team's badge as an avatar. I certainly don't, and much as I dislike the bigot brothers and everything that goes along with them, Blueisthecolour is not the embodiment of everything wrong with Rangers, and has never caused any problems on here.

Where's the problem?

Bugger! just when we have a chance to slag off a bluenose, somebody posts something sensible!

:agree: leave the guy alone unless he crosses the line. He hasn't yet, I'm sure the Admins are watching closely.

ps. Still hate his ****ty club though.

Broken Gnome
11-11-2009, 01:01 PM
It is a sodding badge. You not going to go to Ibrox because you'll see it on their scoreboard?

He's the only Rangers fan on the board, he dosen't start any antagonistic threads and is only drawn into them by our sniping. If any Bristol City fans were to look in to see our reaction to Ivan's plight, our board would look a whole lot better and universal for being to accommodate rivalry.

Kato
11-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Best result in my lifetime I consider to be the 6-1 pumping of Sporting Lisbon who were down as tournament favourites.

Beating the Shambos 0-7 or Rangers 0-3 is just how it should be afaic.

Best thing as Hibs fan i seeing us stick together in 1990 when slime threatened to envelope us due to poor business decisions. Wouldn't wish what almost happened on most clubs, not all but most.

Just being there has been a great thing. The sense of community among Hibs fans is second to none.

BroxburnHibee
11-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Bugger! just when we have a chance to slag off a bluenose, somebody posts something sensible!

:agree: leave the guy alone unless he crosses the line. He hasn't yet, I'm sure the Admins are watching closely.

ps. Still hate his ****ty club though.

:agree:

FWIW I think bitc has been a welcome additon to our board and has stimulated some good discussions on here.

Lets remember guys we welcome all supporters on here and as long as there are no rules broken they can stay as long as they want.

BTW 2 million for the forever injured KT :faf:

Hibs90
11-11-2009, 01:49 PM

I find it quite funny to be honest.

RoslinInstHibby
11-11-2009, 01:55 PM

:agree:

Owain_1987
11-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Grow up

Mate we have grown up it is you lot who need grow up! And change your boring tune of God Save the queen and the union jack pish!

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Mate we have grown up it is you lot who need grow up! And change your boring tune of God Save the queen and the union jack pish!

Do you know how I offended someone on this thread?

Hibby Cam
11-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Got rid of Blobby

Tomsk
11-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Jeezy vuckin' peeps! What the vuck's going on here? Vuckin' hun crests. Get this vucker launched! I cannae believe my eyes!

lyonhibs
11-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Winning the League Cup twice was pretty nifty, and East Mains is probably the wisest business move we've made for the future.

However, making it past season 1990-1991 in one piece must rank as the greatest thing Hibs and the fans have done in my lifetime.

aberhibsfc
11-11-2009, 03:55 PM
0-7
Surviving Wallace Merger
Tom Farmer
0-1 Keith Houchen Ibrox
Keith Wright
Darren Jackson
2-3 Parkhead
1-2 Parkhead
Gordon Hunter 0-1 Tynecastle
Hibs 2 - 2 Anderlecht
Crunchie
Mickey Weir
Michael O'Neill
Jim Leighton
Supersub Evans bagging 3 in 5 mins against Utd as they led 2nil for 85mins
Hibs 3-2 Rangers Leighton saves Laudrup's penalty re-take.
Hibs beating Athens at ER
Franck Sauzee
Russell Latapy / Mixu (once I got to see them)
6-2
Mixu Hattrick
Beating Huns Tims to reach 2005 Cup Final against the Unemployed's
Sproule Hattrick
Back to back Ger thumping at Ibrox
3-1 at Parkhead

I sound like a Norwegian lambasting Maggie Thatcher. Gave up chronologically and memory is a bit hazy. There are far too many moments to mention tbh. Good to be a Hibbie.

Owain_1987
11-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Do you know how I offended someone on this thread?

Well mate if your badge offended me I would get offended a hell of a lot so know I don't!!!

Anyways best memories;

Getting back to the SPL
Beating Yam 0-3 and 6-2
Beating the Huns 3 nil
Beating the Huns on penalties
CIS cup win

Bad Martini
11-11-2009, 04:24 PM

Nope. That'd be small minded and biggoted. I love Hibs and yes I hate rangers. I make no apologies for that unlike some on here and I retain my right to hold that view.

Years of being spat on, called a dirty fenian ******* and a pape do that to a man. Am I bitter ? Aye. With good reason. I don't hate every single person who follows rangers but in my experience the bad eggs are plentiful.

Am no gonny lie tho and as for winding up the op with slagging rangers...that was not abusive and personal....was slagging his team tho for sure!

hibbybrian
11-11-2009, 04:42 PM

Teamwise - giving young players the chance to show their potential and flourish - from Joe Baker as a 17 year old in the late 1950's through Jimmy O'Rourke as a 16 year old in a European match to Jim Scott, Cormack, Marinello, Stein, Cropley, Bremner to more recent players such as Derek Riorden, Scott Brown, Steven Fletcher etc

Clubwise - to achieve a position of stability such as most other Scottish Clubs would would give their right arm for - a decent team on the park with players who have prospects to development their potential, a manageable long term mortgage debt, no overdraft, no accountability to creditors, banks ..... etc a sustainable plan for the future of the club

you seem to have gotten a fair spread of replies to your question - some answers pertaining to what the team has achieved and some to what the club has done (fair enough question to ask BTW:cool2:) - so what is the best thing your club has done in your life time?

Dinkydoo
11-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Id have to say that the 6-2 against Hearts and the CIS cup final are my personal favourites.

Just, simply magical nights :thumbsup:

The home leg of the AEK Athen tie was gutting for me but at the same time I was so proud to support the "wee team". We didn't show up in the first leg but at home with Zitelli, Luna and Tam McManus all playing their socks off made it a nigth to remember.

Also thier first goal that was chalked off for offside was pretty sweet as well - simply because the Greeks were on the winde up big time (I was in the far end of the West) and even my Dad a life-long Jambo stuck the fingers up at them!!

GGTTH:agree:

Jones28
11-11-2009, 05:05 PM
For me, has to be the CIS final.

25000 Hibees singin sunshine on leith :boo hoo:

:flag:

HibsNibs
11-11-2009, 05:09 PM
I'll get ma coat then, see what those bad boys over at the bounce are up to.:offski:

hibbybrian
11-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Beating Barcelona in a European Quarter Final must be up there with the best moments :flag::flag::flag:

Minder
11-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Our proudest day...surviving Mercer.

Burghibs
11-11-2009, 05:48 PM
for me it has to be hibs winning the cis cup. That was a excellent day:thumbsup:

sahib
11-11-2009, 06:46 PM
I remember seeing my mate's cousin being arrested at Tynie and it taking about six or seven burly cops to drag him off the pitch. Made you proud to be a Hibby. I can't remember why he strayed on to the pitch in the first place. It was a long time ago.

Joe's ice cream
11-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Our proudest day...surviving Mercer.

Completly agree with that

Oh and obviosuly i'm proud that we have, along with the rest of Scottish football managed to hold back the OF's relentless success in Europe!!! :wink:

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Teamwise - giving young players the chance to show their potential and flourish - from Joe Baker as a 17 year old in the late 1950's through Jimmy O'Rourke as a 16 year old in a European match to Jim Scott, Cormack, Marinello, Stein, Cropley, Bremner to more recent players such as Derek Riorden, Scott Brown, Steven Fletcher etc

Clubwise - to achieve a position of stability such as most other Scottish Clubs would would give their right arm for - a decent team on the park with players who have prospects to development their potential, a manageable long term mortgage debt, no overdraft, no accountability to creditors, banks ..... etc a sustainable plan for the future of the club

you seem to have gotten a fair spread of replies to your question - some answers pertaining to what the team has achieved and some to what the club has done (fair enough question to ask BTW:cool2:) - so what is the best thing your club has done in your life time?

I would have to say winning 9 in a row, fantastic, I was at every game on that final season and will remember it for the rest of my life.

Another would be the uefa cup final, apart from the result, I never in my life thought I would see Rangers play in a european final and ive done that now.

Winning the league at parkhead was another great time, a totally giruy day, that still hurts like hell for the celtic fans.

And of course a wee trip to easter rd when we won 1-0 and got some help from a certain wee aussie at fir park to win us the leauge with 2 minutes to go, known as helecopter sunday:top marks

BroxburnHibee
11-11-2009, 10:17 PM
I'll get ma coat then, see what those bad boys over at the bounce are up to.:offski:

Go / Don't go....................but stop wi the drama queen posts eh!!!

mim
11-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Best moment undoubtedly beating Barcelona 3-2 after a 4-4 away draw to reach our second European semi-final.

Barcelona had just knocked Real Madrid out of the European Cup - the first tie Real had lost since the tournament started 5 years earlier - and Barca were regarded as the undisputed kings of Europe at the time.

Not just in Scotland, but in Britain, Hibs led the way in European football and in many other aspects of the modern game. :flag:

ahibby
12-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Winning the League Cup Final 5-1 and winning at Tynecastle 7-0. Veawy pwoud moments.