PDA

View Full Version : Hibs-Hearts merge

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 02:42 PM
From my other thread your life -your team a few posters have said one of the best things is not merging with hearts.

I know from that post hibs fans didn't want that, I assume hearts fans felt the same, is this the case?

Would it have been a name change like inverness caley thistle with both teams names being fitted in to the main name ie Hibs of midlothian:shotdowni or would it have been a new name altogeter like Edinburgh united?

Where would the team have played?

I vaguely remember this but tbh never paid to much attention at the time.

Ok now realise it was not a mutual merger, IF it did happen would you have supported the new club?

Hibs90
11-11-2009, 02:48 PM
What about Celgers?

Think it would work?

The_Todd
11-11-2009, 02:49 PM
From my other thread your life -your team a few posters have said one of the best things is not merging with hearts.

I know from that post hibs fans didn't want that, I assume hearts fans felt the same, is this the case?

Would it have been a name change like inverness caley thistle with both teams names being fitted in to the main name ie Hibs of midlothian:shotdowni or would it have been a new name altogeter like Edinburgh united?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not fishing.

It would have been a "merger" in name only, the new team would be called Hearts, played in maroon and at Tinkcastle. As for how the Hearts fans felt, most of them would have been delighted to put us out of business and I think it's safe to say their opinion hasn't changed one bit.

vahibbie
11-11-2009, 02:51 PM
You make it sound as if it was almost amicable.....it wisnae.
I think at the time a fair few Yams were up for it. Only because it wasn't a "merger" it was a take-over attempt. The end result would have been the demise of Hibs as we knew it, I dare say we have been resurected in some form.
The Hearts would still have been Hearts and probably just as f'ked up as they are now.

dangermouse
11-11-2009, 03:00 PM
What about Celgers?

Think it would work?

I think he'd prefer Rantic :greengrin

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 03:05 PM

It would have been a "merger" in name only, the new team would be called Hearts, played in maroon and at Tinkcastle. As for how the Hearts fans felt, most of them would have been delighted to put us out of business and I think it's safe to say their opinion hasn't changed one bit.

Not fishing mate, as I said I just vaguely remember this, I didn't realise it was more of a takeover, I thought it was more of making a bigger force from Edinburgh, hence merging the two teams, maybe having a bigger support more money ect.

surreyhibbie
11-11-2009, 03:06 PM
It was a takeover.

Totally misjudged, dreamt up by someone who saw it as a business proposition and had absolutely no idea what supporting a football team means to people.

It will never happen, nor should anyone with two functioning brain cells even consider it.

Ground sharing yes, but that's as far as it should go.

Kurtz
11-11-2009, 03:11 PM
We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army. Hun after hun.

jdships
11-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Not fishing mate, as I said I just vaguely remember this, I didn't realise it was more of a takeover, I thought it was more of making a bigger force from Edinburgh, hence merging the two teams, maybe having a bigger support more money ect.

This was an ego trip for WM nothing more nothing less .
The whole truth of this distasteful episode will probably never finish up in the public domain but I was close enough to the events that took place to tell you that this was nothing to do with a stronger Edinburgh team .
This was financial pure and simple.
Thank goodness some people kept their nerve

Can't understand anyone wanting to bring this up yet again!
The perpetrator is dead and the situation was averted : let's just look to the future while saying a big thankyou to STF et al

:bye:

blueisthecolour
:confused:
We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army. Hun after hun.

.:confused::confused:

jgl07
The merged club would play in maroon (from Hearts) and white (from Hibs).

It would be called Heart of Midlothian (from Hearts) Football Club (from Hibs).

No the whole idea was about real estate for Wallet Mercenary (RIH) to hut Hibs down and gain control of Easter Road. Maybe later move into a new stadium by the City Bypass and sell Tynecastle also.

Football clubs are not like supermarkets. The support is not transferable in the sense that Safeways customers would be expected to shop at Morrisons after the takeover.

The Inverness merger was something of a shambles. OK ICT were in the SPL but I suspect that an unmerged Inverness Caledonian would have got there quicker. I was told by an Inverness resident that many Caledonian and Thistle supporters refused to back the merged club and switched to Ross County.

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 03:17 PM
This was an ego trip for WM nothing more nothing less .
The whole truth of this distasteful episode will probably never finish up in the public domain but I was close enough to the events that took place to tell you that this was nothing to do with a stronger Edinburgh team .
This was financial pure and simple.
Thank goodness some people kept their nerve

Can't understand anyone wanting to bring this up yet again!
The perpetrator is dead and the situation was averted : let's just look to the future while saying a big thankyou to STF et al

:bye:

TBF. Posters on the other thread said it was one of the best things for hibs that this didn't happen, I just wanted to more of the situation mate.

I hope people realise I wasn't fishing.

Hibercelona
11-11-2009, 03:21 PM

:top marks

Mercer used the term "Merger" as a cover up. It was in fact a bid for Hearts to take over Hibs.

Mercer already knew that if he took over Hibs, It would only be Hearts fans that would go to the games.

It wasn't to make a strong Edinburgh side. It was to take the pride of Edinburgh and rip it straight out.

He failed which I think sends out a message to anyone with too much money.... Hibs shall not cease to exist. :cool2:

:notworthy:

The_Todd
11-11-2009, 03:23 PM

If you're really not then fair enough. You got to understand being taken over by your most hated rivals is a seriously sore one, can you imagine if Celtic attempt a takeover of Rangers during your current plight? No doubt unthinkable for you and even if it didn't succeed (just like Hearts bid) then even the fact you were that vunerable to your biggest rivals in such a way would be ammo for Celtic fans for years on end, if not forever.

joe breezy
11-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Names for the Rangers Celtic merger

Smellgers

Bigots Reunited

Ugly sisters

Soap on a rope

Fascist Institution

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-11-2009, 03:32 PM
As stated previously, the " merger" would have meant Andy Goram in goal, playing at Tynecastle with the H from Hibs being part of the new team name, HOMFC, and Easter Road redeveloped as flats for yuppies. I know that there are other comments about dropping the " tell everyone you know", song, but I despised Mercer. Customers not supporters. I can remember grown men near to tears, yet afterwards he said it had been tremendous fun. I hope I never understand logic like that.

jdships
11-11-2009, 03:39 PM
TBF. Posters on the other thread said it was one of the best things for hibs that this didn't happen, I just wanted to more of the situation mate.

I hope people realise I wasn't fishing.

Apologies if I sounded rude
Working for an "outside sgency" and being a lifetime Hibs supporter
and having been involved in this fiasco six weeks before it broke in the newspapers you can see how I felt/feel .

I was asked , at 11.30 pm , to attend a meeting the following day re " ....the future of two prominent Scottish football clubs"

This was one of the most blatent efforts at potential asset stripping and manipulation of assets you could ever imagine.

Undervaluation of property etc etc was involved.

As I said previously the truth as I believe it to be will probably never come into the public domain.
For me and my club we are still here and stronger
Let it rest - please
"The good guy's won and the bad guy's lost " - remember ?

:flag:

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Names for the Rangers Celtic merger

Smellgers

Bigots Reunited

Ugly sisters

Soap on a pope

Fascist Institution

Changed that for you.:wink:

Cabbage East
11-11-2009, 03:47 PM
This hun is clearly at it.

Kaiser1962
11-11-2009, 03:59 PM
As stated previously, the " merger" would have meant Andy Goram in goal, playing at Tynecastle with the H from Hibs being part of the new team name, HOMFC, and Easter Road redeveloped as flats for yuppies. I know that there are other comments about dropping the " tell everyone you know", song, but I despised Mercer. Customers not supporters. I can remember grown men near to tears, yet afterwards he said it had been tremendous fun. I hope I never understand logic like that.

It ceased to be tremendous fun for him when he received a threat preceded by a "code word" that had L+B's finest jumping around like blue arsed flies. Cant condone such a thing but it reminded Mercer the seriousness of the situation.

sunshine1875
11-11-2009, 04:01 PM
The merged club would play in maroon (from Hearts) and white (from Hibs).

It would be called Heart of Midlothian (from Hearts) Football Club (from Hibs).

No the whole idea was about real estate for Wallet Mercenary (RIH) to hut Hibs down and gain control of Easter Road. Maybe later move into a new stadium by the City Bypass and sell Tynecastle also.

Football clubs are not like supermarkets. The support is not transferable in the sense that Safeways customers would be expected to shop at Morrisons after the takeover.

The Inverness merger was something of a shambles. OK ICT were in the SPL but I suspect that an unmerged Inverness Caledonian would have got there quicker. I was told by an Inverness resident that many Caledonian and Thistle supporters refused to back the merged club and switched to Ross County.

Not having a go at you, but I find the bold bit hard to believe. There may have been the 'odd' one, but I cannot see many residents of Inverness supporting a Dingwall team. I think more likely, they would have switched off football or re-discovered their passion for the Ugly sisters as most supported one local Highland League team and one Ugly sister.

ronaldo7
11-11-2009, 04:23 PM

Ok now realise it was not a mutual merger, IF it did happen would you have supported the new club?

Not been on the site for a few days but it seems you have your feet firmly planted under the table since I was online.

That disgusting crest thingy as your avatar:grr:

Is this another molotov lobbed in just as you did on the Sheep thread, when you commented about setting people alight before knowing the full story.

Green_one
11-11-2009, 05:14 PM
I seem to recall there was a suggestion that the new team would be called Hearts of Edinburgh. WM must have not liked Midlothian.

The events of that period seem unbelieveable in retrospect but it was all too real for those of us involved.

The Hearts fans who claim it was good for Hibs are simply rewriting history and reality. Yes, there were some dodgy dealings beforehand with pubs in Bath etc. But the plan was for Hibs to simply cease to exist in any form or memory. Happily, we were a lot stronger than that.

STF was only one player in the proceedings, all be it a big one.

Look at us now. Proud. :flag:

Bayern Bru
11-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Call me old fashioned, but it seems as though what we have is a so-far decent Rangers fan, who posts on this board without causing any problems and often making good points. Perhaps blueisthecolour has a strong hatred of whatever goes on on messageboards in the vein of Follow Follow, and has a genuine interest in interacting with other football fans.

I for one am tired of the unwarranted pish directed at blueisthecolour. And no, I'm not a Rangers sympathist. I hate everything to do with both sides of the Old Firm. What I can do, however, is respect someone wanting to know more about our club. Why the hell should a Rangers fan be well-informed about Wallet and the events of 1990/91?

Dear lord. If blueisthecolour starts posting sectarian bile then fair enough. As it is, blueisthecolour is helping keep this board active whilst causing no problems at all. Some people here need to learn when to shut up. I'm all for voicing your opinion but when it's purely because of the avatar or the fact they're a Rangers fan it's ridiculous.

Back on subject, I wouldn't have supported the "merged team" aka Hertz at all. Hibs has been in my family and in my blood since the 1920s at least. Although I was too young to really have any idea what was going on at the time, I know how hard the Hibs fans fought to keep Hibs alive, and as a season ticket holder for the past...10 years I think, I'm eternally grateful. Hibs is a way of life, it's not just a sports team.

the_ginger_hibee
11-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Agree with LH, he seems to have gotten it tight on this thread.

He was genuinely interested it seems. Just like myself. Being too young at the time, I love reading these threads. The showing of solidarity between fellow Hibees is something we should all love talking about.

Plus I dont suppose many fans outside Edinburgh know much of the story, no need to be harsh on him.

Hibercelona
11-11-2009, 05:57 PM
:agree:

Had my doubts about him at first. But he seems like a decent poster to be fair.

If we can teach him all things Hibs... then there may be hope for him yet. :wink:

Jack Regan on the other hand is a complete bell-end who should have been launched a long time ago IMO.

Sprouleflyer
11-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Call me old fashioned, but it seems as though what we have is a so-far decent Rangers fan, who posts on this board without causing any problems and often making good points. Perhaps blueisthecolour has a strong hatred of whatever goes on on messageboards in the vein of Follow Follow, and has a genuine interest in interacting with other football fans.

I for one am tired of the unwarranted pish directed at blueisthecolour. And no, I'm not a Rangers sympathist. I hate everything to do with both sides of the Old Firm. What I can do, however, is respect someone wanting to know more about our club. Why the hell should a Rangers fan be well-informed about Wallet and the events of 1990/91?

Dear lord. If blueisthecolour starts posting sectarian bile then fair enough. As it is, blueisthecolour is helping keep this board active whilst causing no problems at all. Some people here need to learn when to shut up. I'm all for voicing your opinion but when it's purely because of the avatar or the fact they're a Rangers fan it's ridiculous.

Back on subject, I wouldn't have supported the "merged team" aka Hertz at all. Hibs has been in my family and in my blood since the 1920s at least. Although I was too young to really have any idea what was going on at the time, I know how hard the Hibs fans fought to keep Hibs alive, and as a season ticket holder for the past...10 years I think, I'm eternally grateful. Hibs is a way of life, it's not just a sports team.

Bluesthecolour so far appears quite genuine about asking questions about hibs, although I must admit, having that crest as his avatar is a bit gauling, maybe the admins could tart it up a bit?

Dinkydoo
11-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Think the Yams just wanted to see Hibernian F.C disappear into oblivion.

I wouldn't have thought the idea of the "two teams merging" even came into the equation.

Before my time like, but still, I think I'm right....

Anyone clarify?

Hibercelona
11-11-2009, 06:03 PM

Bluesthecolour so far appears quite genuine about asking questions about hibs, although I must admit, having that crest as his avatar is a bit gauling, maybe the admins could tart it up a bit?

Was thinking the same myself. :devil:

Golden Bear
11-11-2009, 06:05 PM
The Mercer take over was indeed a worrying time for the Hibernian faithful.

I spent £600 which I couldn't really afford to do by buying up some Hibs shares in a futile attempt to stop the Devil himself from getting his hands on them!

Thank goodness we had a knight in shining armour to save the day.

Arise Sir Tom Farmer ----- we are eternally grateful!

ronaldo7
11-11-2009, 08:11 PM

I just wish he would answer the questions posed to him.

Oh and you're old fashioned:dummytit:

Big Frank
11-11-2009, 08:17 PM

Hark at her.

I imagine you typed that with one hand on the keyboard and the other firmly gripped to your clutch bag.:devil:

Shlock horror - some Hibbys hate the sight of the hun badge......hardly ridiculous dear:rolleyes:

Fife-Hibee
11-11-2009, 08:34 PM
It ceased to be tremendous fun for him when he received a threat preceded by a "code word" that had L+B's finest jumping around like blue arsed flies. Cant condone such a thing but it reminded Mercer the seriousness of the situation.

Thats why
he ****ed off to the south of France, tosspot (God rest his sole mind) :devil:

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 08:45 PM
I just wish he would answer the questions posed to him.

Oh and you're old fashioned:dummytit:

Whats the question you want me to anwser?

Bayern Bru
11-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Hark at her.

I imagine you typed that with one hand on the keyboard and the other firmly gripped to your clutch bag.:devil:

Shlock horror - some Hibbys hate the sight of the hun badge......hardly ridiculous dear:rolleyes:

:yawn:

Once again, you fail to grasp the overall meaning of my post. Becoming a bit of a habit with you, isn't it?

ronaldo7
11-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Whats the question you want me to anwser?

Sheep thread...Care to retract?

You were not seen for dust.

You maybe just missed it what with your band practice:wink:

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Sheep thread...Care to retract?

You were not seen for dust.

You maybe just missed it what with your band practice:wink:

retract what?

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2009, 09:01 PM
retract what?

That avatar, right up your arse.

ronaldo7
11-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Thread hijack

retract what?

This is what you posted without knowing the full facts of the Sheep story.

Setting fire to someone, thats nothing is it

You didn't know anyone had been "SET ON FIRE" or if it was and accident.

You had made up your mind, that Hibs fans had set someone alight.

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Thread hijack

This is what you posted without knowing the full facts of the Sheep story.

Setting fire to someone, thats nothing is it

You didn't know anyone had been "SET ON FIRE" or if it was and accident.

You had made up your mind, that Hibs fans had set someone alight.

No ive just been checking the thread, everyone gave their views, you said

An article on another thread seems to be saying it was a firework accident.

Do you want to retract

Was it a firework? was their anything proved that I was wrong?

Why have you brought this up on this thread?

ronaldo7
11-11-2009, 09:35 PM
No ive just been checking the thread, everyone gave their views, you said

An article on another thread seems to be saying it was a firework accident.

Do you want to retract

Was it a firework? was their anything proved that I was wrong?

Why have you brought this up on this thread?

The thing is, at the time you were posting, you didn't know the full facts of the story, and were painting Hibs fans as setting people alight. That was my point.

The reason I'm bringing this up is that you didn't answer the question.

Rant over

copycat
11-11-2009, 09:39 PM
This sums up you and your support that one of the biggest stories that ever existed in Scottish football and nearly took one of the biggest clubs with some of the great historical achievments out of business forever, that's the difference between you and us, we understand the I
portance of all clubs in Scotland where you still think we owe you something or we only exist because of what you bring to the table, you wouldn't last 5 minutes down south in your current shambolic state. Your ignorance and arrogance is incredible, I really hope we turn you over this season and we can inflict further pain and a longer duration of financial poverty the same as your relatives in gorgie.

monktonharp
11-11-2009, 09:48 PM

Ok now realise it was not a mutual merger, IF it did happen would you have supported the new club?you are a sick in the mind Hun,therefor should be launched.........f/in pronto imho.:grr: there is no way the word Hibs would have been in Mercer's amalgamation...............typical pish fae OF fan ..............only 2 real teams on planet,the rest? aw diddy teams:bye:

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 09:55 PM
The thing is, at the time you were posting, you didn't know the full facts of the story, and were painting Hibs fans as setting people alight. That was my point.

The reason I'm bringing this up is that you didn't answer the question.

Rant over

I got my info from that thread, meaning everyone on the thread didn't know the full facts, yet I didn't see you pull anyone else for not having the facts.

I didn't have to anwser as the poster McIntosh did it for me

He doesn't need to retract anything - sadly, that is what took place.

We should never look at the behaviour of Hibs fans through green tinted glasses. This person who with malicious and aforethought committed this reprehensible act is an apology for a human-being and should be given a custodial sentence if found guilty.

I stopped posting on that thread as it was getting people like youself wound up, I also didn't post on the minute silence disruption thread, as I knew people who suggest I was only having a go as it was celtic fans involved.

AndyP
11-11-2009, 09:55 PM

Fraser Pettigrew has some clippings on his website from around that time, worth the visit for some background info

http://users.quista.net/fraserp/handsoff/0506rival.htm

copycat
11-11-2009, 09:59 PM
I got my info from that thread, meaning everyone on the thread didn't know the full facts, yet I didn't see you pull anyone else for not having the facts.

I didn't have to anwser as the poster McIntosh did it for me

He doesn't need to retract anything - sadly, that is what took place.

We should never look at the behaviour of Hibs fans through green tinted glasses. This person who with malicious and aforethought committed this reprehensible act is an apology for a human-being and should be given a custodial sentence if found guilty.

I stopped posting on that thread as it was getting people like youself wound up, I also didn't post on the minute silence disruption thread, as I knew people who suggest I was only having a go as it was celtic fans involved.

or when 90% off Rangers fans sung 'to die a phenian ba****d' when Alen Orman took a fit in the middle of the pitch when no one knew what was wrong and there was serious concern for his health, that my friend is why i detest everything your club stands for.

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 10:02 PM
This sums up you and your support that one of the biggest stories that ever existed in Scottish football and nearly took one of the biggest clubs with some of the great historical achievments out of business forever, that's the difference between you and us, we understand the I
portance of all clubs in Scotland where you still think we owe you something or we only exist because of what you bring to the table, you wouldn't last 5 minutes down south in your current shambolic state. Your ignorance and arrogance is incredible, I really hope we turn you over this season and we can inflict further pain and a longer duration of financial poverty the same as your relatives in gorgie.

No your wrong, at the time I was young and tbh I was out with a ball at my feet no stuck in watching the news, these things pass you by when your young if it doesn't affect you directly, This thread has opened my eyes as Im learning of the going on's of WM.

When I started the thread I was thinking it was Hibs and Hearts where in trouble and becoming one was maybe a soloution, I now know that wasn't the case, so I can say I have taken something from this thread and I thank the posters who where happy to post the facts and put me in the pitcher.

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 10:03 PM
you are a sick in the mind Hun,therefor should be launched.........f/in pronto imho.:grr: there is no way the word Hibs would have been in Mercer's amalgamation...............typical pish fae OF fan ..............only 2 real teams on planet,the rest? aw diddy teams:bye:

Read my post further down, this post has been an education for me.

ronaldo7
11-11-2009, 10:04 PM

I didn't have to anwser as the poster McIntosh did it for meHe doesn't need to retract anything - sadly, that is what took place.

I thought you were waiting for someone to bail you out, and as I waited for your response, you ran away and let someone else take on the battle.

McIntosh took it for you.

I was right. it was a molotov you bunged in:agree:

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 10:05 PM
or when 90% off Rangers fans sung 'to die a phenian ba****d' when Alen Orman took a fit in the middle of the pitch when no one knew what was wrong and there was serious concern for his health, that my friend is why i detest everything your club stands for.

You have lost me here, this was a good thread and now it's heading way off topic.

Hibercelona
11-11-2009, 10:08 PM
I think quite a few of the comments are uncalled for.

Perhaps blueisthecolour genuinely didn't know about the Wallace Mercer incident.

And thats quite understandable IMO if you were just a young laddie back then and you weren't from Edinburgh.

As for Rangers fans being bigots and disgusting. This is true for many. But I don't think its fair for us to place this on blueisthecolour. He doesn't come across as a bad guy. And I think he started a good topic here. I could never get tired of hearing how the mighty hibees fought back against the forces of darkness.

:hnet:

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 10:10 PM
I thought you were waiting for someone to bail you out, and as I waited for your response, you ran away and let someone else take on the battle.

McIntosh took it for you.

I was right. it was a molotov you bunged in:agree:

No I said I stopped posting as folk thought I was taking the chance to have a pop, someone actually asked me to stop posting as it was getting out of hand(I didn't stop because that poster asked me, I stopped as it was getting out of hand) The same reason I didn't post in the minute silence disruption.

ronaldo7
11-11-2009, 10:13 PM
No I said I stopped posting as folk thought I was taking the chance to have a pop, someone actually asked me to stop posting as it was getting out of hand(I didn't stop because that poster asked me, I stopped as it was getting out of hand) The same reason I didn't post in the minute silence disruption.

Touched a nerve have we:wink:

You did take a pop, and then let someone else take on the battle.

Game over

Hibercelona
11-11-2009, 10:15 PM
The team that was...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPyyqI9WjSQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0pcQsAf8oM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnvbkDy0EIk&feature=related

Here's a cracking program that will explain it all for you. It's split up into 3 parts. :thumbsup:

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Fraser Pettigrew has some clippings on his website from around that time, worth the visit for some background info

http://users.quista.net/fraserp/handsoff/0506rival.htm

Thanks mate, interesting read, not what i was expecting when I started the thread.

So if hibs did go out of business, who would have been the club to enter the league and take over at that time, any idea?

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Touched a nerve have we:wink:

You did take a pop, and then let someone else take on the battle.

Game over

There was no battle.

You are trying to hijack another thread, Ive found this one very interesting and you are making me go off topic, please let this thread continue on the subject and if you relly want to continue the sheep subject bump the thread and we can continue on there.

ronaldo7
11-11-2009, 10:22 PM
There was no battle.

You are trying to hijack another thread, Ive found this one very interesting and you are making me go off topic, please let this thread continue on the subject and if you relly want to continue the sheep subject bump the thread and we can continue on there.

As I said Game over, you're done:wink:

Minder
11-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Might be wrong on this but our main shareholder at the time instigated the discussions (David Rowland) and his ex-wife Sheila voted against the deal along with Duff and Gray. The bookie also bought a chunk of shares to oppose Mercer, always had a soft spot for Kenny. Kenny Mclean as well, still in our thoughts.

:notworthy:

Does anyone know what happened to Rowland,Duff and Gray?

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 10:56 PM
As I said Game over, you're done:wink:

What ever:yawn:

blueisthecolour
11-11-2009, 11:02 PM
The team that was...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPyyqI9WjSQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0pcQsAf8oM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnvbkDy0EIk&feature=related

Here's a cracking program that will explain it all for you. It's split up into 3 parts. :thumbsup:

Cheers mate, I watched that, some good info on there, some not so good viewing(skol cup semi:grr:).

A couple of questions

What is the hibs fans view of Alex Miller, I always thought he was well liked at hibs but notice on the vid it says he had a hard time as he was from glasgow and had played for Rangers, I assume this was only at the start of his time at hibs.

I was young but what I will always remember is anytime Rangers played hibs I always worried what Mikey Weir could do to us, I alway though he was a great player who I would have like at ibrox, was he as good as I thought, a few older folk say im talking rubbish he wasn't that good.

Minder
11-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Cheers mate, I watched that, some good info on there, some not so good viewing(skol cup semi:grr:).

A couple of questions

What is the hibs fans view of Alex Miller, I always thought he was well liked at hibs but notice on the vid it says he had a hard time as he was from glasgow and had played for Rangers, I assume this was only at the start of his time at hibs.

I was young but what I will always remember is anytime Rangers played hibs I always worried what Mikey Weir could do to us, I alway though he was a great player who I would have like at ibrox, was he as good as I thought, a few older folk say im talking rubbish he wasn't that good.

I had a lot of time for Miller, whilst football quality poor and defensive he had to work with what was available and kept us in the league. Not a popular view. We all remember the cup win but few give Miller much credit. Went on eventually to prove himself a top coach wih Liverpool. His background to me is irrelevant. Regards Mickey if he wasn't a true hibby his performances would not be as fondly remembered IMHO, flattered to deceive on many occasions. The Riordan of his day in many ways. Was a a mate of my jambo loving uncle, think they both kept pigeons.

Mixu62
12-11-2009, 12:01 AM
I was young but what I will always remember is anytime Rangers played hibs I always worried what Mikey Weir could do to us, I alway though he was a great player who I would have like at ibrox, was he as good as I thought, a few older folk say im talking rubbish he wasn't that good.[/QUOTE]

I loved Mickey Weir and would have been gutted if he'd gone to Ibrox. Actually, I think he would too as I think he's a Hibby through and through. Trouble was, Michael could be amazing one week, then marked out the game the next. I saw another thread recently which said he had a bad back problem and played thru the pain barrier for years, which might explain that, but I'm confident that during the Miller years, Weir's contribution helped keep us up. Alex Miller favoured a "build from the back" (to put it mildly) approach and seldomly committed players forward in numbers, meaning Michael was often isolated up front. This is, in my opinion, why Miller was unpopular, cos Hibs cavalier, attacking stlye was abandoned in favour of grinding out enough 0-0's to stay up.

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 12:03 AM
I was unfortunately far too young to see wee Mickey play in person.

I know his goal scoring record for Hibs wasn't that great.

But some of the goals i've seen him score on videos have been simply fantastic. :agree:

The Harp Awakes
12-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Thanks mate, interesting read, not what i was expecting when I started the thread.

So if hibs did go out of business, who would have been the club to enter the league and take over at that time, any idea?

Admins, please remove this thread from the messageboard. This guy is fishing big time.

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Admins, please remove this thread from the messageboard. This guy is fishing big time.

Why would you say that?

H18sry
12-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Blue? I have tried to go on the follow follow site and be up front with, a Hibs badge as my avatar, and I get launched straight away :agree: so what gives you the right to invade my board with all your pish and a hun badge as your avatar :confused:

The Harp Awakes
12-11-2009, 12:28 AM
Why would you say that?

Read through your posts. You started off reasonable but post 55 blasted your camouflage. Time to go.

H18sry
12-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Why would you say that?

Because you are a FUD :agree:

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Blue? I have tried to go on the follow follow site and be up front with, a Hibs badge as my avatar, and I get launched straight away :agree: so what gives you the right to invade my board with all your pish and a hun badge as your avatar :confused:

Don't think you have mate, only admin have an avatar over there:wink:

There is plenty on hibs fans registered on there, check the members list.

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Read through your posts. You started off reasonable but post 55 blasted your camouflage. Time to go.

To be fair. It is a valid point.

If the merger did go ahead, then who would have taken up the extra spot in the SPL? :dunno:

It's something i've never thought about myself.

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 12:32 AM

who would take over hibs I assume you mean, if so did you read the link that another poster kindly posted for me to get info, if you did you would have noticed the question was in the link.

The Harp Awakes
12-11-2009, 12:33 AM
To be fair. It is a valid point.

If the merger did go ahead, then who would have taken up the extra spot in the SPL? :dunno:

It's something i've never thought about myself.

It may be a valid question but don't take the bait, mate please.

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Because you are a FUD :agree:

now now, just because I caught you telling porkies no need for name calling:wink:

H18sry
12-11-2009, 12:40 AM
now now, just because I caught you telling porkies no need for name calling:wink:

if you check the post times, erse you caught nowt apart from what your mother gave you, one of the hun sites asked for avatars and my Hibs badge was refused , so if it was not fallow fallow I'm sure I'm sorry:yawn:
but your still a FUD :agree:

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 12:40 AM
It may be a valid question but don't take the bait, mate please.

I think some people are over reacting to be honest.

Yes, he is a Rangers fan. And many of them can make us sick to our stomachs. But I really don't think he's done anything wrong.

If you agree that the questions are valid, then surely that means he hasn't broken any of the forum rules?

Lets stop this nonsense and show him that Hibs and their supporters have much more class than any other club (Including them). :agree:

H18sry
12-11-2009, 12:44 AM
I think some people are over reacting to be honest.

Yes, he is a Rangers fan. And many of them can make us sick to our stomachs. But I really don't think he's done anything wrong.

If you agree that the questions are valid, then surely that means he hasn't broken any of the forum rules?

Lets stop this nonsense and show him that Hibs and their supporters have much more class than any other club (Including them). :agree:

Check his posts and you will see his attempts at winding up the Hibs fans :agree:

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 12:44 AM
if you check the post times, erse you caught nowt apart from what your mother gave you, one of the hun sites asked for avatars and my Hibs badge was refused , so if it was not fallow fallow I'm sure I'm sorry:yawn:
but your still a FUD :agree:

I can only tell you about follow follow as that is the one you mention, I can't comment on a site I don't know.

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 12:46 AM
Check his posts and you will see his attempts at winding up the Hibs fans :agree:

If you give an example, I will explain why i have posted what you say is a wind up.

H18sry
12-11-2009, 12:46 AM
I can only tell you about follow follow as that is the one you mention, I can't comment on a site I don't know.

And the timings that you said caught me out :whistle::asshole::asshole::asshole::asshole:

H18sry
12-11-2009, 12:48 AM
If you give an example, I will explain why i have posted what you say is a wind up.

:yawn: bed time will post it in the morning if your still here:bye:

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 12:52 AM
And the timings that you said caught me out :whistle::asshole::asshole::asshole::asshole:

What timings are you talking about?I don't recall anything about timings.

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 12:53 AM
:yawn: bed time will post it in the morning if your still here:bye:

No probs, I will log in tomorrow and explain any examples you give.

The Harp Awakes
12-11-2009, 12:53 AM
who would take over hibs I assume you mean, if so did you read the link that another poster kindly posted for me to get info, if you did you would have noticed the question was in the link.

Tell you what. Ditch the badge, stop being a d1ck and come over from the dark side. Hibees are a cosmopolitan bunch and are very forgiving. 542 posts and counting must mean you've got some fascination for the green jerseys. Time to see the light:cool2:

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 12:57 AM

I've seen most of his posts. And although he posts a lot on here, I still don't think he's doing that much wrong.

I've seen far worse on here from the likes of Jack Regan and Dipped Flake.

I just think he's getting it tight because he's a Rangers fan.

I understand that we all hate Rangers as a club and we hate a lot of their fans. But he really seems not that bad.

He has taken a fair amount of criticism on here, but I haven't seen him dish any out. He just brushes people off which I think is reasonable.

He may have a few sly digs in a few of his posts. But I really don't think its anything worth getting worked up about.

It's not as if he's slavering abuse at anyone. So he doesn't deserve any himself tbh.

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 01:00 AM

Tell you what. Ditch the badge, stop being a d1ck and come over from the dark side. Hibees are a cosmopolitan bunch and are very forgiving. 542 posts and counting must mean you've got some fascination for the green jerseys. Time to see the light:cool2:

That's because I keep having to explain everything I post as people look to see where I have had a dig and ask me what I mean, even thought it's clear what I mean in the first post:wink:

The Harp Awakes
12-11-2009, 01:12 AM
I've seen most of his posts. And although he posts a lot on here, I still don't think he's doing that much wrong.

I've seen far worse on here from the likes of Jack Regan and Dipped Flake.

I just think he's getting it tight because he's a Rangers fan.

I understand that we all hate Rangers as a club and we hate a lot of their fans. But he really seems not that bad.

He has taken a fair amount of criticism on here, but I haven't seen him dish any out. He just brushes people off which I think is reasonable.

He may have a few sly digs in a few of his posts. But I really don't think its anything worth getting worked up about.

It's not as if he's slavering abuse at anyone. So he doesn't deserve any himself tbh.

He/she seems a classic case of stepping up to the line, desperately trying not to cross it, but failing as he/she has done so on this thread. On any other SPL Club's (unofficial) website he would have been emptied long ago, regardless of what team he supports. Don't be fooled by him or her. A very small % of Rangers fans are ok but most are bigots IMHO. Their Club is rotten to the core. There may be a small chance that he/she is one of the good guys but I doubt it.

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 01:25 AM
He/she seems a classic case of stepping up to the line, desperately trying not to cross it, but failing as he/she has done so on this thread. On any other SPL Club's (unofficial) website he would have been emptied long ago, regardless of what team he supports. Don't be fooled by him or her. A very small % of Rangers fans are ok but most are bigots IMHO. Their Club is rotten to the core. There may be a small chance that he/she is one of the good guys but I doubt it.

Bigot or not. He certainly hasn't showed any signs of bigotry on here. And until he does, I think it's only fair to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Of course, whether he actually stays or not is a decision for the admins to make.

Bayern Bru
12-11-2009, 01:32 AM
Bigot or not. He certainly hasn't showed any signs of bigotry on here. And until he does, I think it's only fair to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Of course, whether he actually stays or not is a decision for the admins to make.

Yep. It'd be a pity if blueisthecolour WAS emptied, as he's done nothing wrong. If anything, he's been victimised purely for his (unfortunate) choice of team and subsequent use of their badge.

On another note...

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj74/Dazza_Bo/silly.jpg

The Harp Awakes
12-11-2009, 01:38 AM

I agree, but his posts are baited, that's my point about stepping up to the line. Good honest debate - fine, but the guy's a phoney IMHO.

sadtom
12-11-2009, 02:39 AM
I've no objections to fans of any club posting on here so long as they dont step over the mark.

I would put my cards on the table and say that i hate both sides of the OF, different coloured veins on the same throbbing corporate cock (as my D.U. mate once succinctly put it). However, i see celtc as an irritant but rangers as poison. For me they are the embodiment of all the things i detest. They seem the natural home for the small minded, 'wee man' attitude, the 'you aint from roung here' *****kicker mentality, with an ill deserved superiority complex. Reactionary bullies, resistant to change like frightened little, pea-the-beds.
Maybe this comes from being brought up in the 'diet Ulster' that was the central belt of Scotland throughout the 70's and early 80's. Parlicularly as, although i have a proddy dad and a pape mum, i attended catholic schools (although now a militant athiest) and before i had left primary i had been verbally abused on countless occasions, had a HUGE greener (no pun intended) spat in my face at point blank by some qhunt in his 20's when i hadn't even reached double figures. Hit over the head with a brolly (drawing blood) by some radge old Paisleyite bint, whilst in P6. Kicked and punched in the head by a pensioner (P6 agian). Having my schoolbag grabbed of me and thrown over a wall and knocked to the ground by a middle aged man (in fairness i was much older then, P7!) And again in P7, given a stiff kicking from 3 huns (they made that part clear) in their mid teens, who only stopped when they were chased of by 2 passers by. This was all accompanied with the usual 'fenian', 'pape', 'mickey' tirade. My crime was walking along the road or standing at a bus stop wearing my (not very undercover pape) green blazer with a gold cross on it (Holy Cross ya bass!)
Not to mention having to watch 10 to 15 thousand banjopluckers descend on ER, in what looked like a mass Rab C Nesbit rally, every year threatening/abusing/attacking everyone that wasn't 'one of them' spewing out their right wing filth and pi$$ing everywhere and anywhere.
Throughout all this, your club BITC, encouraged, fostered and actively promoted these 'views' and while i'm not so stupid to suggest that every rangers fan subscribe to these opinions, it would be impossible for them to not be aware that they were the dominant, prevaling attitudes. Those who still attended the games, knowing all this, were/are complicit by their silence and guilty by association.
I'm totally aware that many more people will have had to endure far more serious incidents (on both sides) hospitalisations and even murders. However these are MY experiances and ones that still boil my blood from time to time.
If we are to move on as a society then we all have to leave our personal grievences in the past. I am doing my best to abandon my own. Although i still find it difficult not to view the entity that is glasgow rangers without a great deal of suspicion, as i still feel they continue to pander to the bigots and have a deep sectarian streak from boardroom to ballboy.
If its not the total sheite that andy golum was slavering about the other week.
Its the kitman who treated Mo Johnstone with contempt.
The revelations from Terry Butcher who admitted that he was almost drawn into the sectarian cesspit.
The cancelling of nearly 30 buses to tannadice (which recieved no internal condemnation, every single one of those freaks should have been told to f off and not come back IMHO) when rumour spread that you had signed a catholic S-form (who turned out to be a protestant who attended a catholic school).
Donald ****in Findlay's singalong.
The recent, vocal, pre-election pro union stance (in conjunction with the orange order) by the ibrox board and management (what the ***** its got to do with them as a fitba club is beyond me).
The proactive defence of the traditional 'sing-songs'.
The flag waving (nurenburg or last night of the proms style).
The nazi...sorry 'invented' red hand salutes (cause that makes it better right enough:bitchy:).
The failure to root out any more than a tiny handful of bigmouthed bigots as lipservice.
Or the prematch mock 'flute band' rule britannia style muzak.

In light of all this its hard to see any of the claims that as a club rangers have 'moved on' as anything but hollow, hollow (see what i did there:greengrin).

As an individual who has IMHO been initially, pretty fair and balanced and taken some flak (from me aswell) but stood your ground without stepping over the mark, you get my respect (grudgingly:greengrin) and as such you should be free to post and be made welcome.

However, i may be wrong, but i'm begining to think that you have been reasonable in order to get your 'foot in the door' and now you are begining to be progressively a bit more provocative, as if you are pushing the boundaries.

In that respect i'd like to to ask BITC a few questions.

How do you view yor clubs history and where its going?

Why did you change your avatar?

Do you think Hibs fans would be accepted as readily on a rangers site?

Do you think a Hibernain crest would be tolerated on a rangers site?

What do you think would happen to a Hibs fan who asked daft questions like. 'Excuse my ignorance lads, but i dont really understand your hostilty to that pope chappie. He seems like such a nice old fellow, fellow? (see what i did again!:greengrin)

What age are you? Because i think if you are over 35 and have the least bit interest in scottish fitba, you would be perfectly aware that the 'merger' was nothing but an attempt to kill our club and you would be aware that that sort of question would provoke a hostile response.
Or is it because as in my experience, that while fans of all the other clubs have a far greater understanding and knowledge of other Scottish clubs. 90% of O.F. fans dont know squat about anything other than your own clubs. The fact that you choose to come onto a Hibs messageboard would suggest that you are interested in the Scottish game in general and are therefore part of the minority 10%. Therefore if you are over 35 and do have a general football interest then i suspect you are at the wind up.

Finally, not aimed at BITC. The poster who had a go at Jack Regan is just plain wrong IMHO. Although i've had a couple of disagreements myself with JR i've never suspected him of being at the wind up. He doesn't ask daft questions (some daft answers right enough:greengrin) and (rightly) fights his corner firmly but fairly without being out of order and with reasoned arguments, which makes him a decent contributor on here.
The same goes for a few of the resident yams and our Falkirk and Killie posters.

And relax.

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 04:31 AM
Finally, not aimed at BITC. The poster who had a go at Jack Regan is just plain wrong IMHO. Although i've had a couple of disagreements myself with JR i've never suspected him of being at the wind up. He doesn't ask daft questions (some daft answers right enough:greengrin) and (rightly) fights his corner firmly but fairly without being out of order and with reasoned arguments, which makes him a decent contributor on here.
The same goes for a few of the resident yams and our Falkirk and Killie posters.

And relax.

Sorry...

But Jack Regan constantly trying to defend the undefendable really gets on my t!ts and many other posters.

He constantly preaches on about how Celtic have better fans than Rangers do. And how they are the greatest fans in the world. :blah:

He can't except any realism what so ever... If he could, then he would put his hand up and say "Yeah, we do have our fair share of bigots".... But oh no, thats not Jack Regan's View... Celtic fans are 100% clean... its those nasty Rangers fans that did it. :rolleyes:

Sorry. But Jack Regan is an erse.

NOLA
12-11-2009, 05:15 AM
Sorry...

But Jack Regan constantly trying to defend the undefendable really gets on my t!ts and many other posters.

He constantly preaches on about how Celtic have better fans than Rangers do. And how they are the greatest fans in the world. :blah:

He can't except any realism what so ever... If he could, then he would put his hand up and say "Yeah, we do have our fair share of bigots".... But oh no, thats not Jack Regan's View... Celtic fans are 100% clean... its those nasty Rangers fans that did it. :rolleyes:

Sorry. But Jack Regan is an erse.
has Jack Regan not already come on here to say before Celtic fans are far from rosy? Give it a rest man:bitchy: it's not like the're hertz FFS

Kaiser1962
12-11-2009, 08:00 AM
I recall being at Hunbrox in the early seventies and I travelled through with my older brother and his mates who used to arrive pretty early for games as one of the guys was disabled. They used to go to a pub before the game and in those days, as I was 9, I had to stand outside (children had to in those days) and every 10-15 minutes one of the guys would bring me a coke and crisps. A small group of Rangers fans walked by and noticed my scarf sticking out my pocket and one of them ribbed me a bit (fair enough) but I didn't answer back and just smiled in return. All hell broke lose and they, everyone of them, began screaming at me for being a "wee fenian bassa" (I didnt know what a fenian was) and spat on me, pushed me and two of the guys were kicking me. I was 9 and these were guys I would have guessed in their 30's or 40's, althugh when you are 9 it's difficult to tell. Two Policemen were thirty feet away and did nothing and passing Rangers fans did nothing. It was only when my older brother, his mates and a pub full of Hibs fans came to my aid that they left me alone. A mass battle ensued (the Police were interested now) which was also pretty frightening but to this day I am grateful to all the Hibbies who came to frightened wee boys aid against the vilest people imaginable.

Oh and we lost 1-0 a John Blackley own goal which remains the best own goal I have ever seen.

BISTC is welcome to post on here, as is JR and anyone else who respects other individuals and their views as much as we respect theirs but I am sorry if you dont like this BITS but your fans, a very high proportion of them, are the vilest despicable creatures in society. A society that panders to their whims and blows smoke up the ass of RFC and tolerates their intolerance. Orange jersey's as a "tribute" to the Dutch? Fnarr! Fnarr! Please. In a decent society with people in charge with balls then your club, and your neighbours would be prosecuted but you poison and bile are intrinsic and cancerous within our society.

Breath in....hold.............breathe out...........

I've no objections to fans of any club posting on here so long as they dont step over the mark.

I would put my cards on the table and say that i hate both sides of the OF, different coloured veins on the same throbbing corporate cock (as my D.U. mate once succinctly put it). However, i see celtc as an irritant but rangers as poison. For me they are the embodiment of all the things i detest. They seem the natural home for the small minded, 'wee man' attitude, the 'you aint from roung here' *****kicker mentality, with an ill deserved superiority complex. Reactionary bullies, resistant to change like frightened little, pea-the-beds.
Maybe this comes from being brought up in the 'diet Ulster' that was the central belt of Scotland throughout the 70's and early 80's. Parlicularly as, although i have a proddy dad and a pape mum, i attended catholic schools (although now a militant athiest) and before i had left primary i had been verbally abused on countless occasions, had a HUGE greener (no pun intended) spat in my face at point blank by some qhunt in his 20's when i hadn't even reached double figures. Hit over the head with a brolly (drawing blood) by some radge old Paisleyite bint, whilst in P6. Kicked and punched in the head by a pensioner (P6 agian). Having my schoolbag grabbed of me and thrown over a wall and knocked to the ground by a middle aged man (in fairness i was much older then, P7!) And again in P7, given a stiff kicking from 3 huns (they made that part clear) in their mid teens, who only stopped when they were chased of by 2 passers by. This was all accompanied with the usual 'fenian', 'pape', 'mickey' tirade. My crime was walking along the road or standing at a bus stop wearing my (not very undercover pape) green blazer with a gold cross on it (Holy Cross ya bass!)
Not to mention having to watch 10 to 15 thousand banjopluckers descend on ER, in what looked like a mass Rab C Nesbit rally, every year threatening/abusing/attacking everyone that wasn't 'one of them' spewing out their right wing filth and pi$$ing everywhere and anywhere.
Throughout all this, your club BITC, encouraged, fostered and actively promoted these 'views' and while i'm not so stupid to suggest that every rangers fan subscribe to these opinions, it would be impossible for them to not be aware that they were the dominant, prevaling attitudes. Those who still attended the games, knowing all this, were/are complicit by their silence and guilty by association.
I'm totally aware that many more people will have had to endure far more serious incidents (on both sides) hospitalisations and even murders. However these are MY experiances and ones that still boil my blood from time to time.
If we are to move on as a society then we all have to leave our personal grievences in the past. I am doing my best to abandon my own. Although i still find it difficult not to view the entity that is glasgow rangers without a great deal of suspicion, as i still feel they continue to pander to the bigots and have a deep sectarian streak from boardroom to ballboy.
The revelations from Terry Butcher who admitted that he was almost drawn into the sectarian cesspit.
The cancelling of nearly 30 buses to tannadice (which recieved no internal condemnation, every single one of those freaks should have been told to f off and not come back IMHO) when rumour spread that you had signed a catholic S-form (who turned out to be a protestant who attended a catholic school).
The recent, vocal, pre-election pro union stance (in conjunction with the orange order) by the ibrox board and management (what the ***** its got to do with them as a fitba club is beyond me).
The nazi...sorry 'invented' red hand salutes (cause that makes it better right enough:bitchy:).
The failure to root out any more than a tiny handful of bigmouthed bigots as lipservice.

In light of all this its hard to see any of the claims that as a club rangers have 'moved on' as anything but hollow, hollow (see what i did there:greengrin).

As an individual who has IMHO been initially, pretty fair and balanced and taken some flak (from me aswell) but stood your ground without stepping over the mark, you get my respect (grudgingly:greengrin) and as such you should be free to post and be made welcome.

However, i may be wrong, but i'm begining to think that you have been reasonable in order to get your 'foot in the door' and now you are begining to be progressively a bit more provocative, as if you are pushing the boundaries.

What do you think would happen to a Hibs fan who asked daft questions like. 'Excuse my ignorance lads, but i dont really understand your hostilty to that pope chappie. He seems like such a nice old fellow, fellow? (see what i did again!:greengrin)

What age are you? Because i think if you are over 35 and have the least bit interest in scottish fitba, you would be perfectly aware that the 'merger' was nothing but an attempt to kill our club and you would be aware that that sort of question would provoke a hostile response.
Or is it because as in my experience, that while fans of all the other clubs have a far greater understanding and knowledge of other Scottish clubs. 90% of O.F. fans dont know squat about anything other than your own clubs. The fact that you choose to come onto a Hibs messageboard would suggest that you are interested in the Scottish game in general and are therefore part of the minority 10%. Therefore if you are over 35 and do have a general football interest then i suspect you are at the wind up.

And relax.

SolentHibee
12-11-2009, 08:53 AM
I think people need to chill, some of the over-reactions and bitterness here would go down well at kickback. BITC has behaved himself as well as any other team's posters I've seen on this site and a lot better than some of our own.

We go on about our greater tolerance but I see little of it here. I also dislike Rangers and all they stand for, I always have, but I have friends who are Rangers supporters, and they are decent human beings.

It seems that some posters want to lay all the evils of rangers and all the bad things their supporters have done to us as individuals at BITC's door and frankly that is just ridiculous.

BITC, I suggest you get rid of the avatar, that is the one thing you've done that is provocative, it gets my temper up seeing it on our board, and I'm one of the guys supporting your posting on here.

The_Todd
12-11-2009, 10:19 AM
This Hunhunt is starting to turn into something resembling a JKB Hobohunt.

I'm not one for Zero Tolerance, and I like to think .net is a tolerant place. Until he does or says something out of line, leave him be. I still don't understand how anyone can be seriously offended by a Rangers badge - and I hate them as much as anyone.

Golden Bear
12-11-2009, 10:50 AM
This Hunhunt is starting to turn into something resembling a JKB Hobohunt.

I'm not one for Zero Tolerance, and I like to think .net is a tolerant place. Until he does or says something out of line, leave him be. I still don't understand how anyone can be seriously offended by a Rangers badge - and I hate them as much as anyone.

My feelings exactly!

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 11:19 AM

Where have I failed not crossing the line?

This thread has not only been an education for me but has been for some of the young hibs fans like wee hibs, who has said he wasn't aware of this situation.

Tomsk
12-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Is nothing going to be done about this avatar?

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 11:47 AM

And relax.

Our history, we are a Scottish/British club and are proud of that, I don't see anything wrong with it, we have come along way since I have been born, namely the signing of catholics, btw Mo Johnston was not the first RC to play for rangers but thats not what the media would tell you, In more recent times our team had more catholics that protestants, not bad for a team who is meant to detest them. In recent times the FTP chanting ect has been greatly reduced( I won't say it has gone).
What annoys people is we are charged for singing songs because some idiots sing ftp at the end yet some other teams sing about the ira and nothing is done about it, if you punish one all should be punished.

The billy boys where banned because of the word fenian yet some fans sing paddy mccort's fenian army, and wear unrepentant fenian bas**d t-shirts, so they are allowed to sing the word but we are bigots for doing the same.
I don't expect people to be happy with this anwser but thats the way a lot of rangers fans feel.

I changed my avatar because im allowed to, people on hear know I don't like being called a hun (doesn't stop them), I was going to put a pic with the club badge with the half and half st andrews/union flag and I though I won't as folk will take offence so I stuck to the plain club badge, everyone knows im a rangers fan so it's not a surprise I would like the badge as my avatar.

There is plenty of hibs fans on follow follow, check the members list, the one who stands is is a guy called john robbo, who posts quite a lot, he sticks to the rules and never has any problems, im sure someone on hear lurks on f/f could check this out.

Only admin on follow follow has an avatar, if everyone was im sure john robbo would not have any problems if he chose the hibs badge as his.

Im under 35, I do recall some of the situation at the time but was to young to really understand, put it this way I couldn't tell you who was hibs manager before Alex Miller, Ihave said I thought from what I remember Mikey Weir was a great player so hibs fans have said he didn't do it week in week out, I was young and remember MW was always a threat to rangers.

I hope you will now realise when I started this thread it wasn't to remind hibs fans that they where nearly out the game, if that was the case I would make sure my own club was safe first.

Sudds_1
12-11-2009, 12:23 PM
It was a takeover.

Totally misjudged, dreamt up by someone who saw it as a business proposition and had absolutely no idea what supporting a football team means to people.

It will never happen, nor should anyone with two functioning brain cells even consider it.

Ground sharing yes, but that's as far as it should go.

Noooo! For one thing I couldn't afford the weekly dettol bill for my seat! :wink::greengrin

--------
12-11-2009, 01:21 PM

Ah, Colonel Kurtz - back from the Congo at last, I see?

FWIW, in regard to some of what's been posted here, I DO NOT wish to see Hibs and Hearts ground-sharing (I hate needles and don't want to have to do the full set of inoculations every time I plan to go to a match); I DO NOT wish to see any such team as "Edinburgh United" or "Auld Reekie Wanderers" replacing the Hibernian I.ve followed for nearly 50 years; and I DO NOT wish any destiny for Heart of Midlothian FC but a painful but not excessively prolonged demise causing as much suffering and humiliation as possible to the unlovely specimens of low-life that support them.

I believe that you and I are of one mind in the matter of HoMFC, Colonel. :devil:

Bad Martini
12-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Dear Glasgow Rangers and all who sail in her

Please read this:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8356651.stm

...and GIRFUY :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I canny wait for some rich celtic loving trillionaire to buy them, call them Govan Greens, make them play in green and white and employ a string of ex-Celtic managers to run them :thumbsup:

ENDOF :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bad Martini
12-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Canny resist actually - some highlights:

"Manager Walter Smith has not bought a new player in almost 18 months and was told last January to trim back his squad."

...gled they gave us that £2m for oor unwanted huddy when we had the chance to cash in....:faf:

"The Ibrox club are actively seeking a new owner and have been placed on the official Takeover Panel list."

Paddy McGinnty is interested as ah sais above. Govan Greens are on the cards...:faf:

"Rangers have faced pressure from Lloyds Banking Group to bring their costs under control, but the bank has been quick to dismiss suggestions that it was running the club's financial affairs."

...and we all know banks NEVER, EVER, EVER lie :faf:

"Meanwhile, the Glasgow side are also waiting to find out the extent of their punishment for crowd trouble at the Champions League clash with Unirea Urziceni.

The club face a penalty after visiting fans clashed with stewards in Bucharest on 4 November. "

Stoap it, pleeasse stoap it..bwwwhahahahaha :faf:

Nae money, nae Europe, nae nowt.

Bwwwwwwwwwwhahahahaha.

:faf::faf::faf:

ENDOF (I really hope) :faf:

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Dear Glasgow Rangers and all who sail in her

Please read this:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8356651.stm

...and GIRFUY :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I canny wait for some rich celtic loving trillionaire to buy them, call them Govan Greens, make them play in green and white and employ a string of ex-Celtic managers to run them :thumbsup:

ENDOF :thumbsup::thumbsup:
The link you are posting is no surprise, so if you thought you where giving me surprising news, sorry your not.

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Canny resist actually - some highlights:

"Manager Walter Smith has not bought a new player in almost 18 months and was told last January to trim back his squad."

...gled they gave us that £2m for oor unwanted huddy when we had the chance to cash in....:faf:

"The Ibrox club are actively seeking a new owner and have been placed on the official Takeover Panel list."

Paddy McGinnty is interested as ah sais above. Govan Greens are on the cards...:faf:

"Rangers have faced pressure from Lloyds Banking Group to bring their costs under control, but the bank has been quick to dismiss suggestions that it was running the club's financial affairs."

...and we all know banks NEVER, EVER, EVER lie :faf:

"Meanwhile, the Glasgow side are also waiting to find out the extent of their punishment for crowd trouble at the Champions League clash with Unirea Urziceni.

The club face a penalty after visiting fans clashed with stewards in Bucharest on 4 November. "

Stoap it, pleeasse stoap it..bwwwhahahahaha :faf:

Nae money, nae Europe, nae nowt.

Bwwwwwwwwwwhahahahaha.

:faf::faf::faf:

ENDOF (I really hope) :faf:

Nae chance of a domestic treble, ah wait there is:wink:

Bad Martini
12-11-2009, 01:41 PM
The link you are posting is no surprise, so if you thought you where giving me surprising news, sorry your not.

:hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

Yer kidding eh? Stevie Wonder could see this one coming and no find it a surprise

:faf: :faf::faf:

GLORY GLORY TO THE MIGHTY HIBEES....fine fitba team and NOT financially feked, unlike the mighty glasgow rangers...

:singing: Ohhh as ah wis walkin doon the Copeland Road :singing:

:partyhibb

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 01:43 PM

Yer kidding eh? Stevie Wonder could see this one coming and no find it a surprise

:faf: :faf::faf:

GLORY GLORY TO THE MIGHTY HIBEES....fine fitba team and NOT financially feked, unlike the mighty glasgow rangers...

:singing: Ohhh as ah wis walkin doon the Copeland Road :singing:

Where is this place you sing about?

Bad Martini
12-11-2009, 01:44 PM

Indeed. The chance is there.

There's also a very good chance ye'll lose yer management team, yer team will keep losing millions, you'll soon be punted out of Europe AND the English Premier League areny interested in yer team or what they can bring to their league.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bad Martini
12-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Where is this place you sing about?

Ye can pick up on my typo mate...yer team's still ****ed.

ENDOF :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Big Frank
12-11-2009, 01:46 PM

Once again, you fail to grasp the overall meaning of my post. Becoming a bit of a habit with you, isn't it?

:confused:

Care to elaborate?

1two
12-11-2009, 01:51 PM

I was reading this thread, and then read the news about the EPL telling the OF to gtf so went over to a celtic forum to read their thoughts on the matter.
Why do the OF think every one would join together just to suit them......

A league like Rugby would be better....Scotland,Ireland & Wales....

Celtic,Rangers,
Cardiff and Swansea

But some of the other teams would have to join together....

like a few of the Irish clubs around Dublin,

Dundee & Dundee Utd

Hibs and Hearts

Get tae ****.......
Why would anyone else want this to happen apart from the OF? The OF are sounding so desperate its laughable.
Join your Atlantic League (which again, only the OF want) and leave the rest of us to progress and expand like we should be able to without the OF sucking every penny/prospect away from us!

Why don't we merge Celtic and Rangers, Hibs and Hearts, Dundee and Dundee United, and we can play an inter-city Scottish League? It would be a lot more competitive and would generate more tv revenue etc?
Cos the OF wouldn't want that? Aye?
****IN TUBES!

joe breezy
12-11-2009, 01:53 PM
I hate Rangers but anyone who can't look at a Hun badge for a moment needs to get out more, I think it's quite amusing to see it here.

Now if there were hunners of them if you pardon the pun that view would change but at the moment I don't really care

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Indeed. The chance is there.

There's also a very good chance ye'll lose yer management team, yer team will keep losing millions, you'll soon be punted out of Europe AND the English Premier League areny interested in yer team or what they can bring to their league.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Even if all that happened we would still finish above hibs:wink:

I don't mind having the debate mate, but will you start a new thread before this one goes way off topic.

Cheers

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 01:55 PM
I've said it before on here (I think).

Rangers have made losses of over 160 million in the last decade. The only thing keeping them afloat have been their major shareholders lumping in more and more cash.

Just one problem now.

They are now officially el skinto. :wink:

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Even if all that happened we would still finish above hibs:wink:

Well seeing as yous are struggling to maintain a place above us right now. And yous have no choice but to punt your top players off in January...

I wouldn't be overly confident if I was you. :wink:

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 01:59 PM
I was reading this thread, and then read the news about the EPL telling the OF to gtf so went over to a celtic forum to read their thoughts on the matter.
Why do the OF think every one would join together just to suit them......

Get tae ****.......
Why would anyone else want this to happen apart from the OF? The OF are sounding so desperate its laughable.
Join your Atlantic League (which again, only the OF want) and leave the rest of us to progress and expand like we should be able to without the OF sucking every penny/prospect away from us!

Why don't we merge Celtic and Rangers, Hibs and Hearts, Dundee and Dundee United, and we can play an inter-city Scottish League? It would be a lot more competitive and would generate more tv revenue etc?
Cos the OF wouldn't want that? Aye?
****IN TUBES!
I have posted before that I don't think it will happen any time soon, the meeting today I think was brought about by the bolton chairman Phil Gartside I think his name is, he seems to want us there, but as ive said, I don't think it will happen.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
12-11-2009, 02:00 PM
As i have said before with regards Jack Reagan, the blind hatred some people show towards these two is exactly the same irrational blind hatred that they claim to despise them for.

The guy seems reasonable, yes hes a Hun but surely people can seperate their dislike for the Huns as club and as a support from one individual Hun?

Anyway, an attempt to get this thread back on topic, and to pose an interesting moral dilemma....

As i understand it (could well be Bull) there were quite serious threats to Mercer's being, so much so that one policeman even had to talk down a van load of CCS armed with petrol bombs from attacking his house when they were right outside...

So, would it have been justified to have harmed, or even worse if it had meant saving Hibs? Is one and a quarter centuries of history, tradition, achievement (sic) and family bonds worth one pretty loathesome man's life?

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Well seeing as yous are struggling to maintain a place above us right now. And yous have no choice but to punt your top players off in January...

I wouldn't be overly confident if I was you. :wink:

We are 2 pts behind 1st place and have a game in hand, that's not to bad for a team that is in a bad way.

BravestHibs
12-11-2009, 02:01 PM
I hate Rangers but anyone who can't look at a Hun badge for a moment needs to get out more, I think it's quite amusing to see it here.

Now if there were hunners of them if you pardon the hun that view would change but at the moment I don't really care

It looks like you're in the minority on this one. Or should I say this hun. BOSH!

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 02:03 PM
We are 2 pts behind 1st place and have a game in hand, that's not to bad for a team that is in a bad way.

But they are currently doing ok on the pitch.

But as I say, many will be packing their bags in January.

It's just a matter of whether we can keep up with Rangers until that time.

Really dill times ahead for Rangers it would seem. :devil: :wink:

KeithTheHibby
12-11-2009, 02:05 PM

Ancient history and there is not a Hibby in the land who would have welcomed merging with those cretins.

Now that your mob and your pals from the east of Glasgow have been bumped again by the EPL perhaps a merger should be on the cards?

Rantic FC would surely stand more of a chance getting in than both clubs?
I can see it now, tims who hated huns and vice versa sitting side by side watching their new team struggle for mid table mediocrity.
I think that would be a good idea, what about you?

Houchy
12-11-2009, 02:08 PM

As Wee Hibee says, come January when you have your fire sale, that's when we'll see what your mob have. I seriously think you'll have at least 1 team (as well as Celtic) finish above you this year.

BravestHibs
12-11-2009, 02:10 PM
As i have said before with regards Jack Reagan, the blind hatred some people show towards these two is exactly the same irrational blind hatred that they claim to despise them for.

The guy seems reasonable, yes hes a Hun but surely people can seperate their dislike for the Huns as club and as a support from one individual Hun?

Anyway, an attempt to get this thread back on topic, and to pose an interesting moral dilemma....

As i understand it (could well be Bull) there were quite serious threats to Mercer's being, so much so that one policeman even had to talk down a van load of CCS armed with petrol bombs from attacking his house when they were right outside...

So, would it have been justified to have harmed, or even worse if it had meant saving Hibs? Is one and a quarter centuries of history, tradition, achievement (sic) and family bonds worth one pretty loathesome man's life?

I'd never heard that story but after careful consideration, in answer to your highlighted question I'd have to say yes.

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 02:12 PM
But they are currently doing ok on the pitch.

But as I say, many will be packing their bags in January.

It's just a matter of whether we can keep up with Rangers until that time.

Really dill times ahead for Rangers it would seem. :devil: :wink:

In the last few week we have needed to play youngsters, and guess what, they have been the best players on the park, no all is not lost.

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 02:15 PM
As Wee Hibee says, come January when you have your fire sale, that's when we'll see what your mob have. I seriously think you'll have at least 1 team (as well as Celtic) finish above you this year.

See my other post, we have been playing with a 17yr old and he has been the best player on the park alongside fleck.

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 02:20 PM
See my other post, we have been playing with a 17yr old and he has been the best player on the park alongside fleck.

So?

We have fantastic young talent at our club as well.

Wotherspoon would tear that kid apart. :wink:

Golden Bear
12-11-2009, 02:22 PM
In the last few week we have needed to play youngsters, and guess what, they have been the best players on the park, no all is not lost.

And about time too.

I think the chickens are now coming home to roost at Ibrox.

Looking back now, your club would be in a better financial position today if investment was directed towards developing and promoting the youngsters rather than paying ridiculous wages to soccer mercenaries.

The end is nigh methinks!

:devil:

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 02:24 PM
So?

We have fantastic young talent at our club as well.

Wotherspoon would tear that kid apart. :wink:

Not one of us can win this debate, it's a case of wait and see:wink:

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 02:27 PM
And about time too.

I think the chickens are now coming home to roost at Ibrox.

Looking back now, your club would be in a better financial position today if investment was directed towards developing and promoting the youngsters rather than paying ridiculous wages to soccer mercenaries.

The end is nigh methinks!

:devil:

The fans have been shouting for this for some time now, Walter has always went with experience instead of youth, but now he is forced to play youths it seems to be going ok so far.

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Not one of us can win this debate, it's a case of wait and see:wink:

Will Rangers be able to hold on long enough for the next Hibs/Rangers game? :cool2:

What odds are the bookies giving us on this? :devil:

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Will Rangers be able to hold on long enough for the next Hibs/Rangers game? :cool2:

What odds are the bookies giving us on this? :devil:

As ive said time will tell.

MacBean
12-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Blue

did you start this by any chance :greengrin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A59534229#commentbox

Rossco1875
12-11-2009, 07:38 PM
burn the hun

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 07:48 PM
burn the hun
LTYF:faf:

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Blue

did you start this by any chance :greengrin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A59534229#commentbox
Can't take the credit for that:faf:

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 07:59 PM
LTYF:faf:

He can't be a yam.

Yous being the best of chums after all. :wink:

Kaiser1962
12-11-2009, 08:18 PM

I'm having a wee chuckle at that. You wont mind me hoping you crash and burn (unless that lets the Yams in then I will be a temporary hun) But I did like that one...

blueisthecolour
12-11-2009, 11:31 PM
I'm having a wee chuckle at that. You wont mind me hoping you crash and burn (unless that lets the Yams in then I will be a temporary hun) But I did like that one...

You will fell like a king for the day:faf:

MSK
13-11-2009, 11:23 AM
You will feel stinking for the day:faf:Fixed that for you ..:wink:

Houchy
13-11-2009, 12:18 PM

Exactly, you're coming back to the same level as the rest of the SPL and having to play kids. What happens when these kids get injured/suspended? Who have you got to step in. You're problems now are that your kids were good enough to fill in when your experienced players got injured/suspended but now you have no back up, as your back up is your 1st team now. Shame.:agree::dummytit::faf:

One Day Soon
13-11-2009, 10:22 PM
I think BITC has been challenging for some posters but has largely behaved in a housetrained manner. Certainly it hasn't really done anything to deserve being banned.

Jack Reagan on the other hand........dear oh dear.

Kaiser1962
14-11-2009, 04:46 AM

I think, in the interests of fairness here, that BITC has always said that this wouldnt happen. A realistic Hun, whatever next?:wink:

Kaiser1962
14-11-2009, 05:02 AM

Absolutely agree from what I have seen. Now you are looking within (necessarily due to finances) you have found the talent is there rather than scouring Europe for second rate gash as you, us and everybody else, did in years gone by. Other clubs now playing products of their youth system include Motherwell (post admin) and Aberdeen (skint) even the Yams (mega mega skint). We did/had to do this 10 years ago and it has (probably) guaranteed that in these tough times we are less affected than most. The last Scotland squad had (I think) six products of the Hibs system in it now if the other clubs start playing their youngsters then Scotland may actually qualify for the World Cup in 2018.

Lucius Apuleius
14-11-2009, 06:45 AM
Anybody ever seen Blueisapukeycolour and Jhack Rhegan in the same room????

Thought not. I reckon they are the same person.

Keith_M
14-11-2009, 07:30 AM

I've asked EXACTLY the same question before!

How come they NEVER seem to be logged on at the same time?

:hmmm:

Houchy
14-11-2009, 07:38 AM

Still not really answering the question though.

This lad and Fleck were your back up in recent years, who is their back up going to be? Wee boaby fae the under 12's?

Hibby70
14-11-2009, 08:15 AM
Are BITC and Jack Regan Hibs.net's very own version of the X factors twins?

I'm going to call them Jackward.

One Day Soon
14-11-2009, 10:26 AM

Jackhun surely?

--------
14-11-2009, 12:57 PM

Rent-a-Bhoy and Hun Lite?

More like the Miraculous Two-Headed Monster - they share the same bloodstream, same stomach, same bowel; they feed on the same prey (the rest of us); the two heads sometimes have pretendy arguments with one another, but the same crap comes out the other end eventually.

Launch 'em both, I say.

Woody1985
14-11-2009, 01:37 PM
I was having a look at one of the Celtic forums to look at their reaction to the KB and one of them suggested that we should move towards a British league but it would require a merger of some of the smaller clubs.

They thought that clubs like Dundee & UTD should merge and Hibs and Hearts.

Arrogants *****. Merge Rangers and Celtic you ignorant ****s.

blueisthecolour
14-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Exactly, you're coming back to the same level as the rest of the SPL and having to play kids. What happens when these kids get injured/suspended? Who have you got to step in. You're problems now are that your kids were good enough to fill in when your experienced players got injured/suspended but now you have no back up, as your back up is your 1st team now. Shame.:agree::dummytit::faf:

Im sure the suspended or injured experienced players would have made a recovery or the ban would be finished by the time the youngsters picked up suspension, and if not then we have big lee who can play anywhere on the park.

blueisthecolour
14-11-2009, 08:26 PM

Hey hold on a min, I would never pretend to be one of them.

keekaboo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonTurnbull

I've asked EXACTLY the same question before!

How come they NEVER seem to be logged on at the same time?

We where on at the same time yesterday I think it was or maybe thurdays:wink: