PDA

View Full Version : Yams Goncalves talks himself into being dropped

The_Todd
11-11-2009, 11:52 AM
You know how Uncle Vlad reacts when one of his employees openly discusses a future away from Gorgie...

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/-Goncalves-to-leave-Hearts.5813035.jp

DaveF
11-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Transfer outlay = £700,000

Weekly Wage = £10,000

Walk away for zilch.

Aye, everything is just rosy in the Yams bank balance :faf:

Jack
11-11-2009, 11:59 AM
The thing that’s got me about that article was …

£700,000 transfer fee

£10,000 a week X 52 X 4 = £2,000,000

Total, not including any other moneys paid/due and mind he came from Kaunas where these admin fee thingys come from, £2,700,000

I suppose £500k was saved last year when he was on loan but ..

While he’s played quite well this season, obviously looking to increase his value, was he ever worth that much to the club?

The_Todd
11-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Also, being one of Hearts best performers this year you just know he won't be replaced with someone of similar quality.

Woody1985
11-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Also, being one of Hearts best performers this year you just know he won't be replaced with someone of similar quality.

Yep, hopefully he leaves in January as Vlad tries to recoup something.

sam armstrong
11-11-2009, 12:31 PM
You know how Uncle Vlad reacts when one of his employees openly discusses a future away from Gorgie...

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/-Goncalves-to-leave-Hearts.5813035.jp

Not this time though. He will be desparate to get any sort of fee in January for him or anybody else for that matter. All the stories about Wallace, Driver, Concalves, even young Thompson attracting interest are probably put out by Hearts themselves. After all if they had so many players worth a lot of money they would have more points.:greengrin

The_Todd
11-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Not this time though. He will be desparate to get any sort of fee in January for him or anybody else for that matter. All the stories about Wallace, Driver, Concalves, even young Thompson attracting interest are probably put out by Hearts themselves. After all if they had so many players worth a lot of money they would have more points.:greengrin

I think Vlad has proved common sense isn't applied to any of his actions, so he'll probably get Vlad Flu.

Danderhall Hibs
11-11-2009, 02:57 PM
His long throw is a thing of beauty. Stoke might take him as back up to Rory Delap.

mjhibby
11-11-2009, 03:36 PM
They will soon be turning on him like they do with anybody who dares leave the lunatic asylum over at the pbs.One of their few decent players who no doubt will be replaced by some algerian disco dancer or the like.Dont you just love the circus that goes on over there.:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
11-11-2009, 03:40 PM
The comments are a hoot.

This is apparently a great move for Hearts...

Their finances arent that bad anymore, and Goncalves moving on will allow the club to move forward. :faf:

Hibercelona
11-11-2009, 03:41 PM
They will soon be turning on him like they do with anybody who dares leave the lunatic asylum over at the pbs.One of their few decent players who no doubt will be replaced by some algerian disco dancer or the like.Dont you just love the circus that goes on over there.:thumbsup:

I can imagine the type of comments being spouted about him already...

"Ack... He wasn't that good. At least we still have Suso" :greengrin

Hibbyradge
11-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Payback time, methinhs.

Maybe Vlad should have paid those bonuses.

greenginger
11-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Had a look on the Threads across the road.

The consensus seems to be that all will be well in Jambo-land once all the high wage earners are gone.They will be able to out bid everyone bar the O.F.for players and regain their rightful position as the third force in Scotland.

Absolutely no mention of the £40million plus debts interest charges etc.which will be a millstone round their necks.

Would anyone like to predict their future for them as they are still living in cloud-coo-coo land.

Sprouleflyer
11-11-2009, 05:18 PM

The consensus seems to be that all will be well in Jambo-land once all the high wage earners are gone.They will be able to out bid everyone bar the O.F.for players and regain their rightful position as the third force in Scotland.

Absolutely no mention of the £40million plus debts interest charges etc.which will be a millstone round their necks.

Would anyone like to predict their future for them as they are still living in cloud-coo-coo land.

You have to laugh at them, idiots the lot of them.

Have they not heard what the tink has been saying, no money, no transfers come January.

I'm sure Hearts came out with a statement that they needed to sell £5M worth of players each season to try and get them going in the right direction.

What did they get last season? £3M, so they are already down £2M this season, so now need to sell £7M worth of players, who will that be?

Driver maybe £2M-£3M at a push, although his form this season has been dire, so they might not have any real interest.

Goncalves has only until June/July 2010 left on his contract, so they will be doing well if they £500K for him in Jan.

Wallace is probably their best bet for funds, but he is still young, only started his international career and is a defender who, tend not to command big fees, so best they could get is £2M.

Thompson is still pretty much a starter, again young, no international experience and again a defender, probably best they could get is £500K for him.

Kingston.....Hahahahaha £0

So that is £5M-£6M at a push, still £1M short from breaking even, who do they have coming along from their U19's that finished behind Hibs last season, to bring them their £5M next season????????

Leithenhibby
11-11-2009, 07:25 PM

The clock starts when Vlad is ready :faf: push the button, Vlad, you know you want to.....http://www.ahref.com/flash/AnchorTimer.htm

Mag7
11-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Goncalves hardly spent 'four years' at Hearts did he? According to that article he was firstly loaned out to Kaunas, then spent all of last season on loan at another club. More like two years at Hearts, but then in today's revolving door policy at Tynecastle I guess that makes him a veteran.

I know the days of genuinely long-serving players are pretty much gone, but at Hibs we do still get a good 3-4 seasons out of even the most saleable players. At Hearts I really wonder how any kid is supposed to forge any bond with the club when the players are in and out the door so quickly. I could not name you 11 players who play for Hearts these days.

WindyMiller
11-11-2009, 09:11 PM
The thing that’s got me about that article was …

£700,000 transfer fee

£10,000 a week X 52 X 4 = £2,000,000

Total, not including any other moneys paid/due and mind he came from Kaunas where these admin fee thingys come from, £2,700,000

I suppose £500k was saved last year when he was on loan but ..

While he’s played quite well this season, obviously looking to increase his value, was he ever worth that much to the club?

That was the fee paid to FC Thun by Kaunus.
Kaunus then transfered him to Hertz.
Plus administration fees.

jgl07
11-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Goncalves hardly spent 'four years' at Hearts did he? According to that article he was firstly loaned out to Kaunas, then spent all of last season on loan at another club. More like two years at Hearts, but then in today's revolving door policy at Tynecastle I guess that makes him a veteran.

He was loaned to Hearts by Kaunas.

He looked good in the 4-0 semi-final until he was crocked during the match.

He was rarely seen after that with a oad on niggling injuries that have been all too present during the Vlad era and later went on loan to Germany.

jacomo
11-11-2009, 09:45 PM

Ooh, look at that light down the tunnel! It seems to getting brighter... let me take a closer look - wait, I can hear something!

Toaods
11-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Kingston.....Hahahahaha £0

...they'll be doing well to get that much...:faf:

He was loaned to Hearts by Kaunas.

wait until the penny drops over the road...:cool2:

Cropley10
12-11-2009, 08:35 AM

I wish someone could explain to me how this works. Good players on good money leave and are replaced with cheap Spanish waiters. On the EEN board folk suggesting it's OK for Jose to leave provided 1/3 of his wage is 'invested' in a striker and/or attacking midfielder. There's NOTHING to INVEST...

Leithenhibby
12-11-2009, 08:39 AM
...they'll be doing well to get that much...:faf:

wait until the penny drops over the road...:cool2:

EEN...He initially joined FBK Kaunas of Lithuania, a club financed by Romanov's Ukio Bankas Investment Group, before being loaned to Hearts. He signed a permanent contract at Tynecastle the following year.

Don't ask how much money changed hands.....:devil:

matty_f
12-11-2009, 08:39 AM

IIRC, someone raised the point about the wage bill being only the tip of the iceberg with the debt on knockedback a while back, and was largely ignored.

If memory serves me right, did their operating costs not run at a loss, or close to a loss, before wages were even taken into consideration?

Caversham Green
12-11-2009, 09:24 AM
IIRC, someone raised the point about the wage bill being only the tip of the iceberg with the debt on knockedback a while back, and was largely ignored.

If memory serves me right, did their operating costs not run at a loss, or close to a loss, before wages were even taken into consideration?

:agree: 2008 figures were: Turnover £9.1m; Depreciation etc. £2.8m; Other operating costs £6.2m; Interest charges £2.2m.

Which means that if they had paid absolutely no wages they would still have lost over £2m. Saving half a million on wages would have no effect on that loss.

matty_f
12-11-2009, 09:57 AM
:agree: 2008 figures were: Turnover £9.1m; Depreciation etc. £2.8m; Other operating costs £6.2m; Interest charges £2.2m.

Which means that if they had paid absolutely no wages they would still have lost over £2m. Saving half a million on wages would have no effect on that loss.

:thumbsup:

MB62
12-11-2009, 10:13 AM

That's incredible, and with Kingston on £15,000 a week alone, how on earth are they still in business?

Maybe we have Vlad all wrong after all, as it seems he is the only reason they can still be trading.

Caversham Green
12-11-2009, 10:44 AM
That's incredible, and with Kingston on £15,000 a week alone, how on earth are they still in business?

Maybe we have Vlad all wrong after all, as it seems he is the only reason they can still be trading.

Vlad, or more accurately UBIG and UKIO Bankas have undoubtedly poured a lot of money down the HOMFC drain. His motives can only be guessed at, but they certainly could not continue the way they were going.

Their real problem is that, based on the figures I've quoted, the cuts in wages and other costs will only slow down the rate of attrition and do nothing to reduce their appalling level of debt.

They genuinely need to do something drastic to get out of the hole they've dug for themselves.

EskbankHibby
12-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Vlad, or more accurately UBIG and UKIO Bankas have undoubtedly poured a lot of money down the HOMFC drain. His motives can only be guessed at, but they certainly could not continue the way they were going.

Their real problem is that, based on the figures I've quoted, the cuts in wages and other costs will only slow down the rate of attrition and do nothing to reduce their appalling level of debt.

They genuinely need to do something drastic to get out of the hole they've dug for themselves.

Our entertainment?

To turn them into a world force?

To recoup even more money by filtering through 'registration fees' and exorbitant 'consultantcy fees' for their new stand?

If i were Vlad i wouldn't kill that cash cow just yet.

Woody1985
12-11-2009, 06:30 PM

IMO the only reason he got involved in a football club here was to try and give his bank some credability.

I think he was originally KBd from all the main clearing banks when trying to establish his bank here. I think the grand plan was to buy them(anyone), hang around for a while and build up a reputation and then approach the clearing banks again. I think this is the main reason that they still have/had that bank/building up near the west end.

Still nae **** will go near them and that's why I think he's lost interest.

His bank being established in Edinburgh would have seen a much bigger return than any football club would have.

Caversham Green
12-11-2009, 06:56 PM
IMO the only reason he got involved in a football club here was to try and give his bank some credability.

I think he was originally KBd from all the main clearing banks when trying to establish his bank here. I think the grand plan was to buy them(anyone), hang around for a while and build up a reputation and then approach the clearing banks again. I think this is the main reason that they still have/had that bank/building up near the west end.

Still nae **** will go near them and that's why I think he's lost interest.

His bank being established in Edinburgh would have seen a much bigger return than any football club would have.

That would certainly be my guess, but I think he also believed he could showcase Lithuanian "talent" and sell them on to England - that was what he was talking about when he was trying to get involved with Dunfy and the Dundee clubs . It's notable that he has an interest in a Portuguese club - right next to Spain, and also that he bought Goncalves from Kaunas for £700k and then moved him to HMFC in the year that they had nearly £4m unexplained outgoings on transfer fees.

If that's the case, neither idea has worked out and I think he might just be stumped as to how to get out of the hole he's in. All guesswork of course.

HibbyAndy
12-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Goncalves is a really good player by the way!...Hearts will miss him bigtime, say what you want about Hearts ( i do often enough)..but he is a tremendous player for them and will be a massive loss...Also they will get no fee for him.

Pedantic_Hibee
12-11-2009, 07:11 PM

That is absolutely staggering.

I assume the Gordon transfer fee and the £12m wiped off the debt by virtue of an equity swap prevented them from recording a one-year loss that would have amounted to more than the sum total of their assets?

Of course, not a peep of this on JKB, they're either blind or extremely dim.

Hibercelona
12-11-2009, 07:19 PM

I assume the Gordon transfer fee and the £12m wiped off the debt by virtue of an equity swap prevented them from recording a one-year loss that would have amounted to more than the sum total of their assets?

:agree:

Thats exactly what happened. The Gordon transfer has only prolonged their suffering. Without his transfer, they would be beyond the 40 mill mark... maybe even closer to 50! :dizzy:

Caversham Green
12-11-2009, 07:27 PM

The Gordon and Bednar fees meant their bottom line loss for 2008 was 'only' £3.5m. On top of that they paid over £1m in transfer fees (:confused:) and half a million towards the new stand which will no doubt be completed any day now.

After working capital movements all that means that net debt was down from £36m to £30m after the debt for equity swap - on 30 July 2008 it was £42m.