PDA

View Full Version : Worst Memory of Supporting Hibs...

Dinkydoo
11-11-2009, 12:42 PM
..........following on from another thread I started about the funniest moment supporting the almighty Hibernian F.C.

It was a special occassion, we were up against THEM, in a semi final for the "big cup". I was rather tipsy and was dropped off by my dad wi one of my Celtic supporting mates (spare ticket and he wanted to come!). My Dad went off to the maroon end whilst we walked up the road singing Hail HAil.

Got inside the stadium, the atmosphere was buzzing, just as we got to our seats The White Strpes came on over the tanoid. Cany remember the name of the song though.

Well, we all started bouncing about whilst shouting the base guiter bit of the song , dun, dun de dun duh dun, dun:agree:

It all went quiet before the solo bit and we ready to start giving it laldy when the whole maroon half of Hampden started chanting "All the Hibees are gayyyyyyy" along with the tune.:grr:

Gutted - doesn't even explain how I felt.

The to top it all our we were pumped, well and truely, and I had to sit in the car wi my Dad gloating all the way back to Dumfries.:bitchy:

I felt miserable.

Green_one
11-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Celtic 6 - Hibs 1 in Scottish Cup - gutted

Dixi Deans scoring was sickening.

We hardly turned up that day despite the huge crowd (106,000 I think).

I lost count the number of times the goals were shown again on the TV

Got our revenge in the summer though in Dryborough cup, then later in the League cup.

Hal Jordan
11-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Getting beat by Dundee United and relegated in 1998.
Or the entire reign of the Blobster.

HibsNibs
11-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Losing 7-0 at ibrox, forever tarnishing the magical scoreline

HFC 0-7
11-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Dunfermline away, the relegation season. There was so many of us went through, and it not being all ticket that we all ended up in the home end. We got beat with brebner scoring an own goal, pretty much put the nail in a dismal season.

Frazerbob
11-11-2009, 12:56 PM
22nd May 2005, final game of the season when we allowed Rangers to beat us, meaning they won the league. Totally ruined what should have been a special day with us.

A very sad day in the history of our club!

Www1875hfc
11-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Certainly been a few eh. 1998 against dundee utd was a low point for me as was the 4 - 0 semi at hampden.
But the 1 that sticks in the mouth is the 4-4 game at tynie, to be 2 goals up into injury time and draw 4 - 4 it took me months to get over that, f uckin ragin :grr:

rainman
11-11-2009, 01:04 PM
22nd May 2005, final game of the season when we allowed Rangers to beat us, meaning they won the league. Totally ruined what should have been a special day with us.

I hear what your saying but we qualified for eorope and were confirmed as "best of the rest" that day.

The semi against hearts or the Livingston cis final really weren't worse?

Those 2 plus the Scottish semi against Aberdeen with andy Dow scoring the winner were sickeners for me. We had a quality side that year, Aberdeen were ganting and the rangers team that won it were on their way out. Was a great chance to win it but we bottled it big time. Made all the worse with said pishy rangers team waltzing the final once robbie winters had to go in goals.

crewetollhibee
11-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Deffo the 4-4. Went to my mate's after it in Slateford, had to walk through that horde. U would have thought they had won the Champions League. I can go back to the 6-1 '72 Cup Final with Hibs disappointment's, but that tops the lot.

Just Jimmy
11-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Hampden park against Ayr United, Under Sauzee.

Hainan Hibs
11-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Hibs 1 - 2 Hearts. Phil Stamp hitting two goals in the last few minutes after some fantastic substitution choices from Blobby once again.

Sat in the west stand right at the Hearts fans. At that point I'd never hated anyone as much as I hated blobby. Hate is a strong word, but not when you are put through that.

Hibee-Rocker
11-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Def the scottish cup semi vs Hearts. 1st because it was a piss poor turn out by the Hibs fan's, to there full half... 2nd cause we got pumped!

The_Todd
11-11-2009, 01:23 PM
CIS final v Livi

Scottish semi v Hearts

In fact anytime we've been within touching distance of a trophy and bottled it. Getting knocked in earlier rounds is nothing like being so close... only to fall so far.

Leith Green
11-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Livingston cis final was my lowest ebb as a Hibs fan .. I was actually asking myself serious questions on the way home, like why I ****ing bother taking blows like that..

The **** beating us 4-0 in the first derby under Burley and the 4-0 semi final both really p!ssed me off as well..

However, these pains make the limited sucess we ever do achieve all the more special and meaningfull, and is the reason why supporting a club like ours brings a hell of a lot more meaning to life than supporting either of the old firm...

erskine-hibby
11-11-2009, 01:50 PM
So,so many I don't know where to begin.
6-1 SC final.
4-0 Semi against them.
4-4 against them...again.
20 odd games without beating...guess who??
3-0 SC defeat against sellik after Lattapy incident.

Think the worst, for me, though was losing John Brownlie after he broke his leg...IMHO we could have won the league that year:grr:

Broken Gnome
11-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Dunfermline replay at Hampden. Absolutely soul destroying.

--------
11-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Celtic 6 - Hibs 1 in Scottish Cup - gutted

Dixi Deans scoring was sickening.

We hardly turned up that day despite the huge crowd (106,000 I think).

I lost count the number of times the goals were shown again on the TV

Got our revenge in the summer though in Dryborough cup, then later in the League cup.

Yup. :agree:

I wanted to die that day. :boo hoo:

--------
11-11-2009, 02:07 PM

That was very bad. It was the day i stopped 'believing' in Mowbray - he should have had us out there playing to win, not faffing about as we were.

But the 6-1 final was just awful.

Steve20
11-11-2009, 02:15 PM
The worst I ever felt was the 4-4 game at ****castle.

Eggchaser
11-11-2009, 02:16 PM
The Wayne Foster moment is the one that gets me every time. I like to think of myself as the sporting type, but I still struggle to forgive Dave Beaumont for not bringing him down.

For a while I sat in the famous five stand and the moments when a team with a big away support (Usually Yams) scored, followed by the time it takes them to realise they have scored, then seeing them leap up knowing that the sound was just about to reach you, before it inevitably did still gives me a horrible feeling as well.

vahibbie
11-11-2009, 02:19 PM
6-1 cupfinal was brutal, as was the Livvie league cup final.
Think the most I've been gutted tho was Pat stanton missing the PK against Leeds at ER in the shoot-out. We should have beat them hands down. We played really well and if it wasn't for Billy Bremner we would have won.
I was just shocked when we missed the last PK, more so cos it was King Paddy that missed:boo hoo::boo hoo:

Joe Baker II
11-11-2009, 02:23 PM
The aoppointments of Williamson, Scott and Duffy is narrowly shaded by the fatuous refusal of Petrie to lobby for a semi final replay v Dunfermline to be played at an East Coast venue in 2007 and the resultant predictable damage the embarassment and defeat did to Hibs - we are still recovering from his short-sightedness and as Richey White said the image it portrayed of Hibs as a fourth-rate club was soul destroying.

McSwanky
11-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Semi Finals:

Hearts
Ayr Utd
Dunfermline
Aberdeen in '86 (compensated for in the final :wink:)

Others:

4-4 v Hearts
4-4 v Dundee after leading (I think) 4-1
0-4 v Dundee (was 0-4 at half time, the place was a morgue in the 2nd half)
Wayne Foster moment
Fatty Phil Stamp moment(s)
Rangers game at home in the relegation season - blew it big time after leading IIRC
Houchen's penalty miss v FC Liege

Can't remember years for all these moments, but they've been spread throughout my years as a Hibs fan, needless to say there will be many more before I pop my clogs....

StevieC
11-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Losing 6-0 at ibrox, forever tarnishing the magical scoreline

That game never happened!
So no need to ever mention it again.

Memory loss has distinct advantages.

:wink:

SteveHFC
11-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Semis:
Hearts
Ayr
Dundee United
Dunfermline

Final:
Livingston

Others:
1-5 Hearts
1-2 Aberdeen - Scottish Cup Semi Final

Hibercelona
11-11-2009, 03:48 PM
"That" semi final was indeed sickening.

As I recall. We thrashed teams to get there. Beating Arbroath 6-0, then beating Falkirk 1-5, then beating Rangers 0-3 on their own patch.

Hearts on the other hand were scraping 1-0's & 2-1's against the likes of Partick Thistle... Then only just managing to beat the mighty Gretna on penalties! :grr:

It seems there doing the same this season in the CIS. :brickwall

Come on St Mirren! Get into this mince! :grr:

lyonhibs
11-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Relegation was the lowest point by quite some way, but looking back on it, it was actually good for the club in the long term.

However, there is no perspective from which getting pumped on and off the park by your fiercest rivals with the prize of a Scottish Cup Final against Gretna at stake is anything other than absolutely soul-destroying.

Walking out of ER just before the final whistle just after that pig with a sense of balance scored the 2nd at ER in the final minute, listening to the whole South Stand giving it laldy (I believe they were enquiring whether we, as "Hibby ****", were watching :boo hoo:) was grim as well.

aljo7-0
11-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Walking back into my work after lunch to have a Yam colleague gloat at me that Wallace Mercer and Hearts were going to buy out and destroy the Hibs. That in itself was annoying enough but to find out it was true and could really (and at that stage was likely to) happen was depressing beyond belief. :boo hoo:

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Getting relegated both times from the SPL , 0-4 in the semi and 0-1 against Ayr.

Killiehibbie
11-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Many bad memories which at the seemed to be the worst but League Cup Final in 1985, all over in 10 minutes, takes some beating.

MUSSI LEE
11-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Semi Finals:

Hearts
Ayr Utd
Dunfermline
Aberdeen in '86 (compensated for in the final :wink:)

Others:

4-4 v Hearts
4-4 v Dundee after leading (I think) 4-1
0-4 v Dundee (was 0-4 at half time, the place was a morgue in the 2nd half)
Wayne Foster moment
Fatty Phil Stamp moment(s)
Rangers game at home in the relegation season - blew it big time after leading IIRC
Houchen's penalty miss v FC Liege

Can't remember years for all these moments, but they've been spread throughout my years as a Hibs fan, needless to say there will be many more before I pop my clogs....aye me as well :grr:

hibee_nation
11-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Losing 3 nil to the yams first derby after the failed mercer takeover.

Hibercelona
11-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Losing 3 nil to the yams first derby after the failed mercer takeover.

I'm surprised that one gets so over looked by most Hibs fans.

I could only try and imagine what it would have been like to be there (although I really don't want to).

heretoday
11-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Losing to Leeds United in the 1973/74 Uefa cup after outplaying them twice, spurning countless great chances and Pat Stanton missing a penalty.

Winning that tie could have really elevated Hibs at that time. Instead it was "Back in your Box".

gilliecabbage
11-11-2009, 04:52 PM
sc final against celtic beat 3-0
i was in tears walking out the stadium.:boo hoo:

therealgavmac
11-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Losing to Leeds United in the 1973/74 Uefa cup after outplaying them twice, spurning countless great chances and Pat Stanton missing a penalty.

Winning that tie could have really elevated Hibs at that time. Instead it was "Back in your Box".

I was only 13 then but remember it vividly - not only the loss but the polis taking the stick off me that my newly bought flag for the game was on... :boo hoo:

West Upper
11-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Semi Final against Hearts. Soul Destroying. :boo hoo:

Green_one
11-11-2009, 05:21 PM
6-1 cupfinal was brutal, as was the Livvie league cup final.
Think the most I've been gutted tho was Pat stanton missing the PK against Leeds at ER in the shoot-out. We should have beat them hands down. We played really well and if it wasn't for Billy Bremner we would have won.
I was just shocked when we missed the last PK, more so cos it was King Paddy that missed:boo hoo::boo hoo:

Forgot about Leeds :boo hoo:

Thanks for re-opening the pain. :greengrin

I thnk Pat missed the first penalty. And Bremner left the pitch, cheat.

jgl07
11-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Getting relegated both times from the SPL.
Being pedantic, Hibs have never been relegated from the SPL.

They were relegate from the Premier Division of the SFL.

zlatan
11-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Hearts and Livi games at Hampden didn't have that much of an effect on me as I had no expectations going into either.

Aberdeen, Dunfermline and Dundee United on the other hand :boo hoo:

All three games we would of had a great chance of winning against poor Old Firm opposition at the time. After the Dunfermline replay I vowed not to go near Hampden again for a Scottish Cup game as it was just completely worthless, sadly I've not had the chance to put that to the test since.

FitbaFolkKen
11-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Wayne Foster + Ayr Semi my 2 worst.

However the 3-0 defeat at ER to Rangers last season was a horrible game we didn't even look liek a football team at that point. Proper miserable stuff!

--------
11-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Another horrible moment was when Alan Gordon came back to ER with Dundee after Turnbull had punted him to make way for the lardbarrel.

AG scored a classic headed goal.

Lardbelly never got out of a laboured waddle the whole game. It was like 'Bull's-Eye' - "Now let's have a look at what you MIGHT have won...." - the realisation of impending and inevitable disaster.

Dinkydoo
11-11-2009, 05:44 PM
On a positive note:

Everything mentioned is in the past (although clearly not forgotten - I'll never forget some of these games, as much aas I want to).

We can look to the future and think, Yogi appears to be the best manager we've had in years, we have the makings of a damn gid side and the OF are getting worse and worse!!

Think I'm going to start another thread and bask in the glory of the fondest memories supporting the Hibees :notworthy:

Bayern Bru
11-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Relegation.
The Blobby era (even though I was pretty much an ever present:boo hoo:)
Getting beaten 5-1 at Swynecastle and 4-0 in the semi.
Any semi final I attended where Hibs underperformed. (most of them...)
The Livi CIS cup final. :boo hoo:

Any more and I'll start feeling depressed, that's enough!

hibbybrian
11-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Another horrible moment was when Alan Gordon came back to ER with Dundee after Turnbull had punted him to make way for the lardbarrel.

AG scored a classic headed goal.

Lardbelly never got out of a laboured waddle the whole game. It was like 'Bull's-Eye' - "Now let's have a look at what you MIGHT have won...." - the realisation of impending and inevitable disaster.

To be fair to Ned, AG signed for Dundee in Dec 1974, played the remainder of that season and retired at the end of the next season, so maybe he had given the nod to Ned that he was about finished and Ned needed to plan for the future - BTW very sad to see AG looking much the worse for wear in recent photo's - I hope he is keeping well.

On the other hand, Ned has a bit more to answer for regarding the Jimmy O'Rourke situation - Ned punted Jimmy to St Johnstone in August 1974 (only for Jimmy to score against Hibs later that season) and he went on to play for 'Well until 1981 - after Ned had us relegated :bitchy:

Although Hibs finished 2nd in the League after he joined, I agree with you that Lardass/Leadbelly despite being a proven goalscorer, wasn't the answer to replacing AG and Jimmy O :grr:

Burghibs
11-11-2009, 06:40 PM
The semi final against hearts or the when we got knocked out of the scottish cup when dunfermilne beat us in a replay a was so ***** angry that night.

matty_f
11-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Missing the 6-2 goes down as one of my worst memories as a Hibs fan, though watching it on the tv made up for it somewhat.

It also sticks in the craw that Niemi was in such fine form that night, otherwise we'd have easily hit double figures.

Bad times.

Mag7
11-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Why do so many folk regard the 2006 semi defeat by Hearts as such a low point? We were always going to lose that game with the team we ended up putting out. No Riordan, Brown, Killen or O'Connor IIRC. No surprise so few Hibs fans bothered making the trip.

TBH I wouldn't even put that game in the top ten of 'worst memories'. FAR WORSE were games like the Ayr Utd League Cup semi in 2002 and the Scottish Cup semi defeats to Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Dunfermline in 2000, 2005 and 2007. All three of those teams were bottom of the SPL when we played them and we should have won all three games. We basically blew the chance of three Scottish Cup finals. The Livi cup final was also grim, but they were actually a better team than us at that time.

Hakim Sar
11-11-2009, 07:49 PM
4-4 was mingin and livi cis was just breaking point. hibs have a knack of getting down to the lowest ebb then bouncing back a bit - relegation followed by mccleish and mixu followed by yogi renaissance.

Losing the cup final to rangers in 93/94 when mccoist scored the overhead kick past a despairing jim leighton was SICKENING. There's always other derbies but u fear every cup final is your last.

Judas Iscariot
11-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Relegation was crap, i remember greetin at the bottom of the East :boo hoo:

The Scottish Cup Final against Celtic was bad, greetin at that tae :boo hoo:

The Livi final was brutal! Totally brutal.. :grr:

That was probably the worst :rolleyes:

ronaldo7
11-11-2009, 09:57 PM
On a football front, it has to be the Mercer takeover, but we won that battle by staying together and winning the media over.

One of the worst times was going to see Hibs at Ibrox with my old man. I was 14 at the time and we had tickets for the main stand from an agent/spiv.

We had lunch prior to going to the game,and I thought this was nice, until we got near the ground, and I have never seen people(word used advisedly), so filled with hatred and bile towards all things Hibernian.

They have not changed in all the years I have watched football.

Disgusting, repulsive club.

CB_NO3
11-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Dunfermline away, the relegation season. There was so many of us went through, and it not being all ticket that we all ended up in the home end. We got beat with brebner scoring an own goal, pretty much put the nail in a dismal season.
Did we not draw that day 1-1, am sure I remember Brian Gunn running back from the box with his arms up when we equalised. I may be wrong though.

jgl07
11-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Did we not draw that day 1-1, am sure I remember Brian Gunn running back from the box with his arms up when we equalised. I may be wrong though.
You are quite correct it was 1-1 with the equalizer deep in injury time.

CB_NO3
11-11-2009, 11:27 PM

Cheers for confirming that, I was about 95% sure I was correct, am sure it was a hot day, and behind the goals was the old terracing. One of my best days of being a Hibs fan was the last game of the season when we played Killie away. We were already relegated but we took a great support and the Hibs fans were singing all the way through.

mim
11-11-2009, 11:46 PM
My worst moment was losing an extra time own goal in the Scottish Cup final SECOND replay to hungers.

But for a shocking decision by the referee in the last minute of the first game, Hibs would have had a penalty and probably ended the years of hurt then and there.

Instead, we've had to wait another 30 years ...... and we're still waiting. :boo hoo:

Minder
11-11-2009, 11:54 PM
The game at Hampden day after Hillsborough - cannot remember score. Horrible day.

HibeeSince82
12-11-2009, 02:22 AM
For me has to be

Semi Final against Ayr

Semi Final against Hearts

The Wayne Foster goal.

The 5-1 Defeat to them

Worst has to be the Livi final. Took my girlfriend to it with me.....shes never been back to a game since.

1875godsgift
12-11-2009, 02:36 AM
Pat Stanton getting sold to celtic.
I think I was about 7 or 8, just remember feeling gutted that he could leave Hibs just because he could earn more money?

Lucius Apuleius
12-11-2009, 07:08 AM
Pat Stanton getting sold to celtic.
I think I was about 7 or 8, just remember feeling gutted that he could leave Hibs just because he could earn more money?

Took all these other memories for this to come up, yet it was the first one in my mind. Gutted does not begin to describe it.

Dashing Bob S
12-11-2009, 09:09 AM
For me has to be

Semi Final against Ayr

Semi Final against Hearts

The Wayne Foster goal.

The 5-1 Defeat to them

Worst has to be the Livi final. Took my girlfriend to it with me.....shes never been back to a game since.

Managed to somehow edit that out of my memory until now. For some reason, it seemed to rankle more than any of the other stronger candidates on the list. I suppose it had all the ingredients:

*Hampden, week night
*Freezing cold
*Small crowd
*Poor lower league opposition
*Dire Hibs performance
*Getting into a (completely out of character for both parties) argument with a close friend on a personal matter which, shamefully, came to blows

Was that ever an evening to forget.

ahibby
12-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Losing 6-1 to Celtic in a SCF and Pat transferring to them later.

Alicky Ranks
12-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Why do so many folk regard the 2006 semi defeat by Hearts as such a low point? We were always going to lose that game with the team we ended up putting out. No Riordan, Brown, Killen or O'Connor IIRC. No surprise so few Hibs fans bothered making the trip.

TBH I wouldn't even put that game in the top ten of 'worst memories'. FAR WORSE were games like the Ayr Utd League Cup semi in 2002 and the Scottish Cup semi defeats to Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Dunfermline in 2000, 2005 and 2007. All three of those teams were bottom of the SPL when we played them and we should have won all three games. We basically blew the chance of three Scottish Cup finals. The Livi cup final was also grim, but they were actually a better team than us at that time.

Precisely. Let the yams revel in that game if they like but it was a non event in my view. Hearts v a Hibs XI. I think Benji even got thrown in for his debut that day given how stretched we were.

As you say, that ain't a game to lose any sleep over, there are far worse real nightmares to recall than that.

matty_f
12-11-2009, 09:43 AM
[B]

Precisely. Let the yams revel in that game if they like but it was a non event in my view. Hearts v a Hibs XI. I think Benji even got thrown in for his debut that day given how stretched we were.

As you say, that ain't a game to lose any sleep over, there are far worse real nightmares to recall than that.

Whittaker in midfield too. :bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
12-11-2009, 09:51 AM
On a football front, it has to be the Mercer takeover, but we won that battle by staying together and winning the media over.

One of the worst times was going to see Hibs at Ibrox with my old man. I was 14 at the time and we had tickets for the main stand from an agent/spiv.

We had lunch prior to going to the game,and I thought this was nice, until we got near the ground, and I have never seen people(word used advisedly), so filled with hatred and bile towards all things Hibernian.

They have not changed in all the years I have watched football.

Disgusting, repulsive club.

:top marks The most vile club in world football.:jamboak:

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Walking back into my work after lunch to have a Yam colleague gloat at me that Wallace Mercer and Hearts were going to buy out and destroy the Hibs. That in itself was annoying enough but to find out it was true and could really (and at that stage was likely to) happen was depressing beyond belief. :boo hoo:

Surprised it took so long for this to get a mention. I remember sitting listening to the Press Conference on the radio with tears streaming down my face :boo hoo:. I didnae enjoy the 1st Derby match after the takeover bid either!

Conversely the 4-0 Semi was shrugged off about 30 mins after the final whistle, as soon as I heard the line-ups I thought we would get pumped. Results seem harder to take if I think we are going to win and it all goes pear shaped!

RoslinInstHibby
12-11-2009, 11:28 AM
The Livvi cup final was a real sore one to take:boo hoo:

when we beat celtic in the quarters sitting in the stand i thought, hang on we could be in with a shout here.

I travelled through to hampden for the semi v Rangers in confident mood, though watched the penalties through my fingers. Infact i actually turned away from Murdoch's......superb feeling when we won.

then onto the final, got the kilt on, died the hair green, got the best seats in the stadium in terms of piccies when we picked up the trophy, there was no way we were gonna lose............:grr:
on the way back on home i was just devastated, i felt awful.

the last kick n the teeth was next week at ER, sitting in the stand reading the programme, got to the article about the previous weeks disaster and was stunned by the photo....it was basically the group i had went through to the game with.......minus me!!!!!

although i had green hair, the rest of the group had jesters hats on so i was cut out the pic!:boo hoo:

soupy
12-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Semi Final against Hearts. Soul Destroying. :boo hoo:

Yip, same for me:grr::grr:

Mon Dieu4
12-11-2009, 12:35 PM
The angriest & worst mood I have ever been in after a Hibs game was Hibs V Falkirk under Mowbray, we were 3-1 I think up at half time, it ended 3-3.

I have been to most of the other games mentioned & seen Hibs take some almighty beatings but that one really stuck with me for some reason, I was angry about it for days afterwards :grr:

heretoday
12-11-2009, 01:59 PM

Brian Welsh scored late on. It was a terrible occasion. My young son and I were jam-packed in the away end surrounded by the most unpleasant Hibs supporters I have ever encountered.

They kept up a moronic chant about Paul Tosh the whole time and slagged off other Hibs players too. Anyone who objected to their attitude received threats.

We managed to get away eventually. Could have put the lad off Hibs for life.

Keith_M
12-11-2009, 02:09 PM
I can't possibly narrow it down to one, there's been far too many low points to mention.

:boo hoo:

Gmack7
12-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Dunfermline replay at Hampden. Absolutely soul destroying.
:agree:never been so gutted after a match

Pedantic_Hibee
12-11-2009, 08:20 PM
1v0 defeat at home to Falkirk under Mowbray.

4 men sent off in that game, two for us (Brown and KT) and two for them.

Never before and never since, have I ever walked away from a Hibs game convinced we had been cheated by a referee. I can forgive the odd decision, they are only human after all, but the performance by a certain Alan Freeland that day made my blood boil over like never before.

Hibs were awful that game, don't get me wrong, but even that didn't temper the rage I felt towards the ref that day. Horrible game.

Chuck in the Celtic final where we got pumped 3v0 and the Livi cup final and there's your hat-trick for me.

Riordan moving to Celtic marginally beaten into fourth place.

Woody1985
12-11-2009, 08:20 PM
The semi.

The gut feeling before the game when we were missing a few players. We left at 3 nil and as we were walking along outside we just heard another shout from inside and out of 4 of us none of us said a word and just kept walking.

The bus driver had found the bevvy we had on the bus on the way there and wouldn't let anyone on with drink on the way hame which made it worse.

Malthibby
12-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Is this a thread to keep the current enthusiasm in check, & weed out the mentally fragile souls before anything bad happens?
Leeds, Livi, Dumf, the semi, all the semi's - it's all too hideous to view in one go. And no-one's mentioned Juventus, at a time we had pretensions of Euro glory.
S.C. this year to make up for some of it, or its Dignitas time.
GG

Hiber-nation
12-11-2009, 08:26 PM
When I picked up the Evening News that lunchtime back in June 1990 and saw the headline "Hibs and Hearts To Merge".

As for matches, the Foster goal might be the worst I've ever felt. That was just hideous.

Risboro Hibby
12-11-2009, 08:45 PM
I have shared the pain on this thread of just about all the games mentioned.

One that has always stuck in my throat was again during the Turnbull years and the last time football was played on Christmas day.

We were playing Rangers,managed to play them off the park for the whole game without scoring only for them to run up the park and get a goal in the last minute.

Fair ruined my Turkey that one as I remember sitting eating my Christmas dinner with my Ma complaining about my greetin face.

blackpoolhibs
12-11-2009, 08:48 PM
The leeds game, when we lost on penalties. It was just so wrong, a game we dominated from start to finish, only for my hero to be the one who missed.:boo hoo:

cockneymike
12-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Foster game is up there, I started going to Derbies during the 22, but it was the first one I thought we might win; i was so gutted.

And bizzarely the other was the 5-2 defeat to celtic about 3 weeks before the cup final in 2001. We were absolutely battered by them, and 5 nil down with 10 to play when Marc Libra scored twice. It was at that time, that I knew that we wouldn't win SC final, as Celtic were just a much better team than us. As a result when they thrashed us in the final I wasn't too upset, because I was pretty much expecting it.

steino1875
12-11-2009, 10:06 PM
mccoists overhead kick skol cup final 1993 at parkhead another sickner

VegasHibby
12-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Being relegated was by far the worst

Bishop Hibee
12-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Semi-final v Ayr was the nadir. Brutal game ending in defeat and the knowledge that the board had done the wrong thing in appointing Sauzee as manager.

This wins by a neck from the dead heat for second of 1-2 at home to Hearts in the cup, 0-7 at Ibrox, 5-1 at Tynie and 1-3 Hamilton.

Picked from a very large field :boo hoo:

These memories only made games like 6-2, League Cups 1991 and 2007, 0-3 Ibrox, 0-3 Tynie etc. all the sweeter.