PDA

View Full Version : NHC Newcastle fans launch campaign to buy club

jacomo
11-11-2009, 09:53 AM
Fed up with Mike Ashley's incompetent regime, Newcastle fans have formed a Supporters Trust, and are asking fans and local businesses to pledge money to try and buy the club.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/nov/10/newcastle-united-supporters-fans-buyout

See Jambos, this is how it's done! :greengrin

StevieC
11-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Nice idea .. and could potentially work at a smaller club.

But a club that's valued at £100m???

Even if every season ticket holder put up £1,000 you wouldn't even be half way to buying the club.

:rolleyes:

Part/Time Supporter
11-11-2009, 10:36 AM

Even if every season ticket holder put up £1,000 you wouldn't even be half way to buying the club.

like Hearts

:agree:

StevieC
11-11-2009, 10:41 AM
like Hearts

The 400,000 hearts supporters wouldn't even need a 3 figured sum to buy out the mad one.

:agree:

Woody1985
11-11-2009, 10:55 AM

Depends how small though as in most cases the size of club will be related their size of support. Therefore, the smaller the support they'd still face the same challenges.

Unless your club is worth next to **** and doesn't have much debt it would be feasable.

Hearts are donald ducked. I wonder if Pat would be interested in plugging the leak in their finances. :duck:

jacomo
11-11-2009, 11:10 AM

Both the Liverpool and Man Utd takeovers were financed by debt, not cash upfront.

Obviously, such deals are harder to do in today's financial climate, but in Newcastle's case it would seem possible.

Hearts fans have proved time and time again that they have no intention of taking matters into their own hands, so yes they are screwed.

Green_one
11-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Would love to see it happen but NU fans would need to come up with a reasonable offer and have enough to finance the club for the EPL. They will do very well to do the first part of that. I think they would still have a debt position too.

Interesting to watch how they do. I guess they will get a fair amount initially but then it will fall away. £10M tops I would guess, if its just from individual fans. Probably a lot less.