PDA

View Full Version : Professional my backside (Kevin Kyle says he would dive to win)

Hibs7
11-11-2009, 07:21 AM
Admitting you would cheat in a game is not what the governing bodies should let go bye.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8353251.stm

brydekirk
11-11-2009, 07:36 AM
:agree: and not just for scotland, he tried it against us.

big-mo
11-11-2009, 07:42 AM
With Kevin Kyle now rumoured to be a Hibs player in January once Nish joins Jones down south, I don't think this puts him in a very good light and will only attract refs attention to everything he does on the pitch.
I particularly watched him when we last played Killie and I was not over-impressed by his antics, fouling, moaning and going to ground too easily.
We already have two players, Nish and Benji, who in my opinion go over too easily, they may not be cheating but I would rather they attempted to stay on their feet as refs are not daft (all the time) and do tend to notice the players that have these tendencies, what ends up happening is that when they are genuinely fouled the ref ignores it and either plays on or gives a foul the other way.

1two
11-11-2009, 08:10 AM
with kevin kyle now rumoured to be a hibs player in january once nish joins jones down south, i don't think this puts him in a very good light and will only attract refs attention to everything he does on the pitch.
i particularly watched him when we last played killie and i was not over-impressed by his antics, fouling, moaning and going to ground too easily.
we already have two players, nish and benji, who in my opinion go over too easily, they may not be cheating but i would rather they attempted to stay on their feet as refs are not daft (all the time) and do tend to notice the players that have these tendencies, what ends up happening is that when they are genuinely fouled the ref ignores it and either plays on or gives a foul the other way.

wtf?!?

Hibercelona
11-11-2009, 08:10 AM
If players are going to cheat (which they obviously shouldn't) Then they should keep their big mouths shut about it in the press.

He hasn't done himself any kind of favours with those comments.

Now he'll be targeted by the referees as some kind of "fall boy".

Keith_M
11-11-2009, 08:18 AM
With Kevin Kyle now rumoured to be a Hibs player in January once Nish joins Jones down south, I don't think this puts him in a very good light and will only attract refs attention to everything he does on the pitch.

I've obviously not been paying attention sometime. Where did those rumours/stories come from?

big-mo
11-11-2009, 08:37 AM
The story has been doing the rounds since last month, Nish to go to Colchester and Kyle is still on a short contract with Killie and rumoured not to have been offered a decent new one. Talk is that Yogi rates him and he would be seen as a natural replacement, younger and better.

Hibercelona
11-11-2009, 08:40 AM
The story has been doing the rounds since last month, Nish to go to Colchester and Kyle is still on a short contract with Killie and rumoured not to have been offered a decent new one. Talk is that Yogi rates him and he would be seen as a natural replacement, younger and better.

After reading his comments about diving in the press, I'm sure that will put Yogi straight off.

He hates divers.

Hibbyradge
11-11-2009, 09:37 AM
"If I'm perfectly honest, I don't know how to dive."

"I'm just not that kind of person."

I guess it just depends on which interpretation you want to put on his comments.

Phil D. Rolls
11-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Admitting you would cheat in a game is not what the governing bodies should let go bye.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8353251.stm

Not at all. A suitable punishment might be having him horsewhipped to within an inch of his life. I'm incandescent with rage at what he said, and if any Hibs player even thinks about diving, he should never play for us again.

Hibercelona
11-11-2009, 09:54 AM
"If I'm perfectly honest, I don't know how to dive."

"I'm just not that kind of person."

I guess it just depends on which interpretation you want to put on his comments.

He says he doesn't know how to dive... But he'd try it anyway.

It's a shocking mentality for players to have.

Diving takes the win right out of winning IMO.

H18sry
11-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Lets fast forward to the Scottish cup final in May and its 0-0 we are entering injury time Zemmama, goes into the box and does a Mickey Weir, we are awarded a penalty, which we score and well, we would all love the scenario, but how many would come on here on the Monday and complain, not many I think, we just have to accept that diving is part and parcel of the modern game and get on with it.

Owain_1987
11-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Am sorry but what he says is he will do anything to help Scotland even if that meant cheating ok in an ideal world thats not good but we all know we would do the same. Also like he says he does not know how to dive so properly would not dive anyway.

HIBERNIALEITH
11-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Lets fast forward to the Scottish cup final in May and its 0-0 we are entering injury time Zemmama, goes into the box and does a Mickey Weir, we are awarded a penalty, which we score and well, we would all love the scenario, but how many would come on here on the Monday and complain, not many I think, we just have to accept that diving is part and parcel of the modern game and get on with it.

Wouldn't think there would be that many capable of typing on the Monday, never mind complaining!!!!:wink:

mim
11-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Wouldn't think there would be that many capable of typing on the Monday, never mind complaining!!!!:wink:

If Hibs win the Scottish, there won't be a Monday.

........or a Tuesday.

There might be a hazy Wednesday. :wink:

--------
11-11-2009, 10:42 AM
He says he doesn't know how to dive... But he'd try it anyway.

It's a shocking mentality for players to have.

Diving takes the win right out of winning IMO.

Yes. Right.

I remember when Darren Jackson threw himself into the penalty area in a Rangers game to get a penalty that never was. (It was a foul, but Dazza was 3-4 yards outside the box when he was taken out. Speed and athleticism carried him over the line.)

We won 2-1, and I LOVED it. Cannae beat a South Stand full of angry disappointed Rangers supporters.

(Unless they're Jambos or Soapies..... :devil: )

And then there was Eric Stevenson/Joe Davis combo in the 1960's - Eric won us the penalties, Joe converted them. Joe ended up second-top scorer one season with something like 15 goals, all but a couple from the spot. 13 'kosher' penalties in one season? In Scotland? For a 'not-the-Old-Firm'team? Aye. That'd be right.

There's blatant diving - don't really like that, but I'm afraid I'd never turn down the award when it comes to us. (I'm human.)

There's not staying upright unnecessarily - the 'Klinsmann Factor' - if the referee gives the penalty, good show and thanks very much. (That was Dazza.)

And there's 'inviting the foul' (which is what Eric S did AWFULLY well) which is skill and fully part of the game.

The trouble is that the Moral Majority tends to lump them all together, and then starts raving about 'showing restraint in challenging for the ball' on the grounds that full blooded (but entirely legal) tackles (like a recent one we wot of) might lead to wee scrotes like Fyvie having to cool their heels on the treatment table for a few weeks.

Simple guide for referees:

If a guy goes down in a penalty area in Scotland wearing a green shirt with white sleeves, it's a penalty. Any other colours, it's a red card for simulation. Public execution at the back of the East Stand after the final whistle.

If a guy flies ten feet through the air and ends in a crumpled heap of bleeding flesh on the track, and the guy who propelled him there was wearing a green shirt with white sleeves, it's a direct free-kick to Hibs and a red card to the heap of bleeding flesh for simulating death. Public execution at the back of the East Stand after the final whistle.

These rules to apply whether the guys in the green shirts with white sleeves are listed players or supporters who've run onto the pitch to help out their heroes.

Nobody but Hibs players and supporters allowed to wear green shirts with white sleeves anywhere in Scotland.

If all referees applied those three simple rules, football would be a much more enjoyable game. Period. :devil:

lapsedhibee
11-11-2009, 10:59 AM
If all referees applied those three simple rules, football would be a much more enjoyable game. Period. :devil:

Wouldn't work. The OFGTF would get together and redefine the meaning of "sleeves" to include "hoops", the meaning of "green" to include "blue", etc, and enough of the rest of the SPL chairmen would be persuaded that these changes were for the good of the Scottish game to support them. :bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2009, 12:20 PM
I particularly watched him when we last played Killie and I was not over-impressed by his antics, fouling, moaning and going to ground too easily.
We already have two players, Nish and Benji, who in my opinion go over too easily, they may not be cheating but I would rather they attempted to stay on their feet as refs are not daft (all the time) and do tend to notice the players that have these tendencies, what ends up happening is that when they are genuinely fouled the ref ignores it and either plays on or gives a foul the other way.

I must have been at a different game to you. I thought he had a great battle with Sol, and came out of the game well. I certainly dont think he went down easy, if at all during that game.

I have no idea if he's coming to hibs, i think he'd strengthen the team up front,his hold up play imho would bring our quality players into the game in the right area's. Mind you colin and justin would battle harder, and hold the ball up better than Nish does.

Perspective
11-11-2009, 04:03 PM
For all the talk about him supposedly coming to us, he's pretty candid about wanting to go back to The Championship in his BBC website video interview.

Would like to see him come to us, though. He'd give us a focal point for the attack - good in the air, good first touch, brings others into play and bangs in the goals.

I also enjoyed the battle between him and Sol. Two honest big lads who gave as good as they got.

Danderhall Hibs
11-11-2009, 04:27 PM
The problem players have now is that they don’t get a foul if they don’t fall down. No doubt some take it too far (N’Goo the other night) but if refs just gave a foul when it’s a foul then maybe they’d stop falling down “because there was slight contact”?

Killiehibbie
11-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Players cheat all the time in all sorts of ways to try and gain an advantage. Not in the spirit of the game but just the way it is.