PDA

View Full Version : If Arfield signs, who do we drop?

HFC 0-7
10-11-2009, 09:21 PM
As it says on the title?

Who would we drop? Personally I would drop Benji or Nish. It would make for a more normal midfield than at present and give us more service to stokes and riordan.

Dashing Bob S
10-11-2009, 09:22 PM
I can't see this happening.

HFC 0-7
10-11-2009, 09:24 PM

Hence if and not when

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-11-2009, 10:26 PM
As it says on the title?

Who would we drop? Personally I would drop Benji or Nish. It would make for a more normal midfield than at present and give us more service to stokes and riordan.

In terms of squad size, shouldn't the question be, who would we sell/release?:bye:

gilliecabbage
10-11-2009, 10:33 PM
good player but is he really that much better than what we have? imo no.

cant see him holding down a place in our team.we should be looking for better.someone with a bit more experience on the big stage(champions league, internationals...) theres more liam miller types out there.

jdships
10-11-2009, 10:44 PM

:thumbsup:

" Gregg's" methinks
:greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
10-11-2009, 11:06 PM
He'd have to earn it, and come in when/if Zemmama is away internationally, and be Miller's replacement when we sell him for £1.5m at the end of the season...

Nailrod
10-11-2009, 11:40 PM
[QUOTE=gilliecabbage;2238002]good player but is he really that much better than what we have? imo no.QUOTE]
Agreed. I'm a wee bit tired of the kind of 'squad strengthening' that in the not too distant past saw us signing players from every club in the bottom six. If we're going to add players, then we should be looking for standouts that will walk into the first team and add significantly to the quality. Otherwise we're just tinkering. We ought to have players as good as Arfield coming through our own youth system.

truehibernian
10-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Sean Welsh :agree:

O'Brien[11]
10-11-2009, 11:52 PM
David Wotherspoon looks class i just wish we would sign a right back, so we could fire him into midfield with, Zemmama, and Miller with Mcbride holding, create alot more, and be more solid defensively. Arfield would be a good signing but would need to change the team unless Zemamma goes:confused:.

The_Horde
11-11-2009, 12:32 AM
;2238076"]David Wotherspoon looks class i just wish we would sign a right back, so we could fire him into midfield with, Zemmama, and Miller with Mcbride holding, create alot more, and be more solid defensively. Arfield would be a good signing but would need to change the team unless Zemamma goes:confused:.

Benji is away at the end of the season unless he signs a new deal so we could well replace him with Arfield and change the system to how Yogi wants it and not, like at present, adapting it to suit the players we have at our disposal?

Never hurts to have good players all over the squad, i mean without Zouma ATM we don't create much unless Deeks is up for it IMO.

brydekirk
11-11-2009, 07:51 AM
think benji & zouma will be away in the summer:grr: so arfield and DW will get there place in the 1st 11.:agree:

Andy74
11-11-2009, 08:16 AM
As it says on the title?

It's about having a squad. I'd rather have had arfield instead of rankin for example on Saturday.

Cocaine&Caviar
11-11-2009, 12:26 PM
think benji & zouma will be away in the summer:grr: so arfield and DW will get there place in the 1st 11.:agree:

On current form you would also have to imagine the same with Miller...

Wotherspiniesta
11-11-2009, 12:52 PM
On current form you would also have to imagine the same with Miller...

Liam Miller is back playing football again and seems to be settled. Hibs gave him that chance, so hopefully he will thank us by staying at least a couple of years.

I'm not too sure where he would go to be honest, he's tried his hand in England and it didn't work out and he's already moved from Celtic (not like we would sell to them anymore anyway :pray:). Lets just keep him till he is 34 so he can sign for LA Galaxy :greengrin

Dibben
11-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Liam Miller is back playing football again and seems to be settled. Hibs gave him that chance, so hopefully he will thank us by staying at least a couple of years.

I'm not too sure where he would go to be honest, he's tried his hand in England and it didn't work out and he's already moved from Celtic (not like we would sell to them anymore anyway :pray:). Lets just keep him till he is 34 so he can sign for LA Galaxy :greengrin

According to this link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8349514.stm), Miller perhaps might be keen to stay on (pinch of salt to be taken as if big £££ come in he'd be away...).

But a possibility!!

BH.

Exiled Hibby
11-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Easy one - Arfield !
Cant see him being first choice, but decent cover all the same.

Judas Iscariot
11-11-2009, 08:38 PM
He'd be a great addition IMO..

Stack

Wotherspoon Hogg Barr Murray

Arfield McBride Miller

Zemamma

Stokes Deek

He can play anywhere in midfield, not necessarily just an attacking midfielder..

Cover for all the starting guys we have in midfield just now and better than Rankin, Cregg and Thicot.. Seeing as Zouma is quite injury prone he'd get a fair chance to prove himself..

If we can move Rankin on and get Arfield in i'd be VERY happy with that :wink:

jacomo
11-11-2009, 11:33 PM
According to this link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8349514.stm), Miller perhaps might be keen to stay on (pinch of salt to be taken as if big £££ come in he'd be away...).

But a possibility!!

BH.

Maybe this is one of those happy stories where unsettled player finds club that suits him and everyone gains from it. :confused:

Given the way he's started, I'd like Miller to stay... it's nice seeing a classy player in the heart of midfield again!

Billychaotic182
12-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Sean Welsh :agree:

You would drop Welsh???

you mental?

hibee92
12-11-2009, 05:34 PM
i thought our interest in arfield ended when we signed miller?

should we sign arfield we would have quite a few midfielders and would probably have to offload one... aren't we apparently interested in killies taouil as well?

In_terms_of
12-11-2009, 06:21 PM
In terms of squad size, shouldn't the question be, who would we sell/release?:bye:

:rolleyes:

Bayern Bru
12-11-2009, 06:26 PM
i thought our interest in arfield ended when we signed miller?

should we sign arfield we would have quite a few midfielders and would probably have to offload one... aren't we apparently interested in killies taouil as well?

Rankin and Cregg - perhaps offer Falkirk those two in part exchange for Scotty?

As for Taouil, first I've heard of it. Is he Hibs class?
:cool2:

Cool_Hand_Luke
12-11-2009, 06:35 PM
You would drop Welsh???

you mental?

Think the guy that posted that meant we have someone just as good as Arfield coming through the youths in Sean Welsh.

Thats how i read it anyway going by the post directly before that :agree:

Billychaotic182
12-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Think the guy that posted that meant we have someone just as good as Arfield coming through the youths in Sean Welsh.

Yeah after reading that i think your right but her never quoted the other guy so i thought he was just posting who he thinks should be dropped

Big90inOz
13-11-2009, 02:58 AM

Really looking forward to seeing Sean, use to "work" with his old man and lived around the corner from them.If he's like his old man ( before he bacame a rounder figure) there will be no prisoners taken :agree:

PeterboroHibee
13-11-2009, 09:19 AM
This would be a good signing, always looked like a really good player, that would probably thrive with better players around him.

People are saying he wouldnt fit but the team seems really lopsided at times with too many forwards on, Arfield could move into the position that Benji was playing (which doesnt suit him), and would balance the team more.

And it is a big improvement on the squad.