10-11-2009, 08:18 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8353733.stm

Another report says it was suicide....

HibeeUnderwood
10-11-2009, 08:24 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8353733.stm

Another report says it was suicide....

Just read about this before I came on.

Real shame, its unconfirmed at the moment as to whether it was suicide or not.

:boo hoo:

SteveHFC
10-11-2009, 08:33 PM
R.I.P Robert:boo hoo:

SvenNeil
10-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Sad news indeed

http://www.chooselife.net/home/AreYouFeelingSuicidalnew.asp

cleanyman
10-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Fine goalkeeper.
Very sad news.

OstKurve Hibs
10-11-2009, 09:11 PM
sad news, i read simewhere else he lost his 2 yr old daughter a couple of yrs ago aswell.

R.I.P

ScottB
10-11-2009, 10:07 PM
sad news, i read simewhere else he lost his 2 yr old daughter a couple of yrs ago aswell.

R.I.P

What annoys me, if he did indeed top himself, is that he has left behind another child and his wife.

I find it hard to express sympathy for someone, with a family, doing such an act, should that prove to be the case.

duncs
10-11-2009, 11:52 PM
What annoys me, if he did indeed top himself, is that he has left behind another child and his wife.

I find it hard to express sympathy for someone, with a family, doing such an act, should that prove to be the case.

Do you know Robert Enke? I imagine not. So how can you comment on what has happened? You have absolutely no idea what was going on in this man's life. Suicide is far too complex an issue to be glibly dealt with in four lines.

NaeTechnoHibby
11-11-2009, 12:19 AM
So sad ..RIP Robert.

Sympathy to his family.

Calvin
11-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Gutted about this, watch German football all the time and was very shocked to hear the news.

If we're going into the wrongs of suicide, it would be the method that I have the major issue with. Now some poor train driver has to live the rest of his life knowing that he's killed someone.

However I appreciate that someone unstable enough to kill themself is hardly going to be thinking about that.

RIP Robert, Germany will miss you at the World Cup - hope you're happier now.

kaimendhibs
11-11-2009, 01:09 AM
Do you know Robert Enke? I imagine not. So how can you comment on what has happened? You have absolutely no idea what was going on in this man's life. Suicide is far too complex an issue to be glibly dealt with in four lines.

agree 100%$. I hope that none of us have to cope with the death of a child!! Mibbe a bit of sympathy may not go amiss:grr:

ScottB
11-11-2009, 01:41 AM
agree 100%$. I hope that none of us have to cope with the death of a child!! Mibbe a bit of sympathy may not go amiss:grr:

I have a great deal of sympathy for that believe me.

But I can't help thinking about the wee girl who has now lost a sister, and a father.

That's the really tragic part.

blaikie
11-11-2009, 03:45 AM

If he did take his own life then its very judgmental to blame him. If you have ever known anyone with suicidal tendencies then you'll understand he obviously was a troubled soul. Anyway ..
R.I.P The world has lost a great goalkeeper,

PeeJay
11-11-2009, 06:42 AM

I don't understand your point of view at all: what state of mind does a person have to be in, to walk in front of a high-speed train? Try thinking about it for a moment; try putting yourself in that situation - can you? Have you been there?

Here in Germany we're "all" shocked about his death and the manner in which it occurred, and yes I do feel sorry and sad about it, although I didn't personally know the guy. I feel sorry for people who get into situations like this and feel that walking in front of a train is the only way out? I feel sorry that they get there, and that we as society can't help them. I think your comment is nothing but a cheap shot. The "really tragic" part is his death and what lead up to it - his wife and child are still alive.

Steve20
11-11-2009, 06:46 AM
I have a great deal of sympathy for that believe me.

But I can't help thinking about the wee girl who has now lost a sister, and a father.

That's the really tragic part.

Agree 100%.

Hibercelona
11-11-2009, 07:20 AM
I don't think words can express just how tragic this is.

It just goes to show what some people will do when they are pushed over the limit.

Losing his daughter in 2006 will have had a huge impact on his life.

Condolences to his wife and adopted daughter.

RIP Robert

MacBean
11-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Sorry to be the bringer of sad news once more, however respects have to be paid to this man and his family.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8353964.stm

Rossco1875
11-11-2009, 04:11 PM
r.i.p

NOLA
11-11-2009, 07:25 PM
sad news, it appears that the scene of the accident is only 200 metres from his daughters grave, RIP

GieTheBaTaeReilly
12-11-2009, 01:24 PM

I totally disagree with that opinion, but I don't think you should have been shot down as much for saying it.