PDA

View Full Version : Nick Colgan

thebakerboy
10-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Now playing for Grimsby (91st in English league) in the Johnstones Paint Trophy on Sky( 2 0 down at half time). Obviously they have gone down hill since big Rob left.Wondered where he was but what a back 4 poor guy.:boo hoo:

1two
11-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Now playing for Grimsby (91st in English league) in the Johnstones Paint Trophy on Sky( 2 0 down at half time). Obviously they have gone down hill since big Rob left.Wondered where he was but what a back 4 poor guy.:boo hoo:

I always liked Colgan although he was never a fantastic keeper.

I met him on a drunken night out about a year ago in Newcastle, I tried to shake his hand and he gave me a 'who the **** are you' look until i pointed to myself and said Hibby. He smiled and gave me a man hug. :greengrin
Bizarrely he was dressed as a surgeon.

A genuine good guy! He must be getting old now though?:confused: (football wise)

Ed De Gramo
11-11-2009, 11:52 AM

I met him on a drunken night out about a year ago in Newcastle, I tried to shake his hand and he gave me a 'who the **** are you' look until i pointed to myself and said Hibby. He smiled and gave me a man hug. :greengrin
Bizarrely he was dressed as a surgeon.

A genuine good guy! He must be getting old now though?:confused: (football wise)

Pretty sure he was keeper/gk coach at Sunderland last season...was there for S'land V Chelsea and he was on the bench

Think he's 37 or 38 possibly...

ehf
11-11-2009, 01:43 PM

Still haven't forgiven him for for conceding that soft goal to jug-ears Cameron in the last minute of the 6-2 game: really took the edge off the night...

Baader
11-11-2009, 01:55 PM
A very ordinary keeper who done the basics well and was a good servant to Hibs. Always liked him.

Compared to some of his successors, he was Yashin, Zoff, Banks, Kahn and Buffon rolled into one!!!! :greengrin

--------
11-11-2009, 02:09 PM
A very ordinary keeper who done the basics well and was a good servant to Hibs. Always liked him.

Compared to some of his successors, he was Yashin, Zoff, Banks, Kahn and Buffon rolled into one!!!! :greengrin

Hmm - not really. he had a good bunch of defenders in front of him and that let him off with a lot.