PDA

View Full Version : NHC Fabregas or Mikey Stewart

HibbyAndy
10-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Following on from the Gazza or Gerrard thread, this is along the same lines, Fabregas or Mikey Stewart?

Both big players and captains of there relevant teams and the lynchpin of how there team plays.

Both goalscoring midfielders that dictate play and determine the outcome of many a game.

So who's better?

Owain_1987
10-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Following on from the Gazza or Gerrard thread, this is along the same lines, Fabregas or Mikey Stewart?

Both big players and captains of there relevant teams and the lynchpin of how there team plays.

Both goalscoring midfielders that dictate play and determine the outcome of many a game.

So who's better?

:faf:

I say me!!!!

lapsedhibee
10-11-2009, 06:29 PM

So who's better?

Can't really judge without knowing where Cesc stands on the Franco/civil war historical issues. Do his beliefs spur him on to win matches against Tottingham, for example? :dunno:

HibbyAndy
10-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Can't really judge without knowing where Cesc stands on the Franco/civil war historical issues. Do his beliefs spur him on to win matches against Tottingham, for example? :dunno:

His goal against Spurs straight from the kick off for me determines his inner belief .

matty_f
10-11-2009, 06:35 PM

So who's better?

:faf:

Great thread :top marks - it needs a poll though!

HibbyAndy
10-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Can Admin add a poll please to determine?

Danderhall Hibs
10-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Can Admin add a poll please to determine?

Excellent comparison! Also it should be added that both players have played for a much larger club than they are currently at. Just to make sure everyone is aware of how level the playing field is.

HibbyAndy
10-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Excellent comparison! Also it should be added that both players came through the youth system of a much larger club than they are currently at. Just to make sure everyone is aware of how level the playing field is.

:agree:

Very well said DH!.

Also notice how both players are pivitol in the passing sense that there team plays.

When Fabregas plays ,Arsenal tick...When Stewart plays, Hearts tick.

Its a toughy.

Big Frank
10-11-2009, 06:57 PM
:greengrin

FRes Hibbie
10-11-2009, 07:12 PM
I'm maybe being a bit unfair to cesc here but I think the almost constant media speculation linking him with a move back to Barca has a negative impact on morale as a whole within the squad. Whereas the name 'Mikey Stewart' is synonomous with Heart of Midlothian FC, his loyalty is beyond question, and I think that breeds stability and structure within the group. Mikey is the more inspirational leader between the two imo. :agree:

O'Rourke3
10-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Has Fabregas ever spewed on the pitch? :dunno:

FRes Hibbie
10-11-2009, 07:36 PM

Doesn't have the commitment

thebakerboy
10-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Dont think Cesc has ever been made to slide on his backside past David Wotherspoon and into the wall so Mickey definately shades it for me.:wink::devil:

ballengeich
10-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Cesc lacks a vital bit of spice - there's not a trace of ginger in him.

Makaveli
10-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Would Cesc have the balls to run crying to his chairman behind Wenger's back? :confused:

Thought not. Stewart all the way.

Pedantic_Hibee
10-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Michael Stewart. Every time.

Can you name any other stretched out satsuma with a pair of boots? Exactly.

You'll never catch Cesc b0llocking his team-mates for his own failed 5 yard pass....he's no got it in him.

Mibbes Aye
11-11-2009, 12:19 PM
The real tragedy is that Stewart will never feature on the stage his talents deserve - a World Cup or European Championship final for example - due to being held back by the inabilities of his so-called fellow Scottish internationals.

Fabregas can piggyback on the talents of his Spanish teammates but Mikey has to do it the hard way.

That's how he would want it though. What a trouper :agree:

Hibercelona
11-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Michael Stewart has a medal. :agree:

He also gets sent off 20 times a season.

Commitment or what?

shagpile
11-11-2009, 06:08 PM

He would if he ever had to play at Tynie!

Love the Green
12-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Dont think Cesc has had the privelage of sitting on the subs bench and marvelling at the "FAMOUS EDINBURGH HIBEES" thrilling the crowd when winning the cup 2007.......or listening to 35.000 hibs fans singing "sunshine on leith"..........so his football CV will lack the neccessay experience to out do mickey boy.

"keep the faith":wink: