PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Zemmama

Leithenhibby
10-11-2009, 01:10 PM
:top marks for putting club before country.

It has to be said that this sort of behaviour does NOT happen over on the dark side...:wink:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-boss-hails-Zemmama-move.5809296.jp

proud_and_green
10-11-2009, 01:17 PM

It has to be said that this sort of behaviour does NOT happen over on the dark side...:wink:

Not sure i understand your point here, i thought we always criticised the OF for spurious injuries (not saying at all that Zouma's is spurious) which prevent them playing for Scotland.

jgl07
10-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Not sure i understand your point here, i thought we always criticised the OF for spurious injuries (not saying at all that Zouma's is spurious) which prevent them playing for Scotland.
But the point is that he was not fit to feature last Saturday.

The OF Scotland dodgers invariably player the week before and the week after the international match they missed.

Leithenhibby
10-11-2009, 01:21 PM

No, it's not as clear as it should be. I was referring to the Hearts player :bitchy: Laryea Kingston. Does he still play for them :wink:

Too many dark sides...

Hibercelona
10-11-2009, 01:35 PM
No, it's not as clear as it should be. I was referring to the Hearts player :bitchy: Laryea Kingston. Does he still play for them :wink:

Too many dark sides...

Even I understood what you meant. :greengrin

Some people are really slow today. :devil:

jacomo
10-11-2009, 01:36 PM
I feel sorry for him that he's unable to join up with Morocco.

Hopefully he'll be back to his best soon. It's definitely a better Hibs with Zouma in the side!

Leithenhibby
10-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Even I understood what you meant. :greengrin

Some people are really slow today. :devil:

I'm in a good mood so thought I'd explain better. Any problems, just get in touch. :greengrin

Jim44
10-11-2009, 03:11 PM

Frankly, I'm not quite sure what this is all about. Club before country? Is this not simply a case of - player is unfit; player was unable to play for his club last weekend; player is still unfit; player is unable to play for his country this weekend: player may be fit to play for his club the following weekend. To my mind, Zemmama is doing nothing virtuous. :dunno:

Scooter
10-11-2009, 03:23 PM
I think this is also a dig at big sol

Leithenhibby
10-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Frankly, I'm not quite sure what this is all about. Club before country? Is this not simply a case of - player is unfit; player was unable to play for his club last weekend; player is still unfit; player is unable to play for his country this weekend: player may be fit to play for his club the following weekend. To my mind, Zemmama is doing nothing virtuous. :dunno:

HIBS boss John Hughes today praised Merouane Zemmama after the midfielder pulled out of the Morocco squad to concentrate on returning to fitness for Hibs. ....credit to him..

Hughes is hoping the Moroccan will be back training with the rest of his team-mates by the end of this week ....so probably could have traveled..

Sol Bamba, who also missed the derby at the weekend, was fit enough to travel with the Ivory Coast this week for their match against Guinea

But is fine now :bitchy:

Leithenhibby
10-11-2009, 03:52 PM
I think this is also a dig at big sol

:agree:

FraserHFC
10-11-2009, 03:57 PM
:agree:

Can't blame Bamba to be fair. He's playing for a place in their World Cup squad whereas Zemmamas country are already out I think they need results to go their way to even qualify for the African Nations. Can totaly understand why Sol would want to go and why Zemmama wouldn't be so bothered.

Leithenhibby
10-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Can't blame Bamba to be fair. He's playing for a place in their World Cup squad whereas Zemmamas country are already out I think they need results to go their way to even qualify for the African Nations. Can totaly understand why Sol would want to go and why Zemmama wouldn't be so bothered.

fair point , but I just get pi$$ed off when it affects my team. Too Many players pick and choose to suit themselves..rant over..

FraserHFC
10-11-2009, 04:43 PM
fair point , but I just get pi$$ed off when it affects my team. Too Many players pick and choose to suit themselves..rant over..

I agree it can be annoying, but thats what happens when we sign international standard players.

Leithenhibby
10-11-2009, 05:00 PM
I agree it can be annoying, but thats what happens when you sign international standard players.

I don't mind the fact that we have some International players and to be fair, the more the better.

It just gets under my skin when they are injured but still pass themselves fit to travel on International duty. :wink: Like what big Sol has done, and I can understand why he has done it, but for me, HFC comes first and that is why I was so pleased with Zummas decision in my OP. :wink:

FraserHFC
10-11-2009, 05:06 PM
I don't mind the fact that we have some International players and to be fair, the more the better.

It just gets under my skin when they are injured but still pass themselves fit to travel on International duty. :wink: Like what big Sol has done, and I can understand why he has done it, but for me, HFC comes first and that is why I was so pleased with Zummas decision in my OP. :wink:

Also agree with the HFC comes first, but if the stories about Bamba being playing with injections for half the season are true, doesn't that show that hes commited to Hibs ?

Leithenhibby
10-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Also agree with the HFC comes first, but if the stories about Bamba being playing with injections for half the season are true, doesn't that show that hes commited to Hibs ?

It does, I'm sure. I was just gutted that he missed the big game at the weekend. I don't blame him in any way, shape or form.

Has Deeks hooked up with the Scotland squad, do you know?...

FraserHFC
10-11-2009, 05:16 PM
It does, I'm sure. I was just gutted that he missed the big game at the weekend. I don't blame him in any way, shape or form.

Has Deeks hooked up with the Scotland squad, do you know?...

I was gutted aswell :agree: but it was good that we didn't actaully miss him to much in the end.

SSN just showed the Scotland squad at the airport, I didn't actually see Deek but I'd assume he's there.