PDA

View Full Version : St Midden Vs Yams at ER

Jack
09-11-2009, 10:49 PM
CIS semi likely to be played at Easter Road.
St Mirren apparently not very happy and I can understand why. It would be be like the other semi being played at Darkheid.
TBH I'm not that happy either with the thought of an ungrateful yam maybe in MY seat.
A wee bit more cash into the Hibernian coffers though will make me feel a bit better.

Hibercelona
09-11-2009, 11:08 PM
St Mirren apparently not very happy and I can understand why. It would be be like the other semi being played at Darkheid.
TBH I'm not that happy either with the thought of an ungrateful yam maybe in MY seat.
A wee bit more cash into the Hibernian coffers though will make me feel a bit better.

Do you think we'll get paid on time? :dunno:

basehibby
09-11-2009, 11:08 PM

It's tough but it only makes sense really since there's no other suitable sized stadia between here and the weedge (unless they played at a half empty Hamden/Parkhead) - not that I'm relishing the thought of some ugly slavering Yam sitting on MY seat!!! :jamboak::jamboak::jamboak:

Riordans Boots
09-11-2009, 11:10 PM
It's tough but it only makes sense really since there's no other suitable sized stadia between here and the weedge (unless they played at a half empty Hamden/Parkhead) - not that I'm relishing the thought of some ugly slavering Yam sitting on MY seat!!! :jamboak::jamboak::jamboak:

Oh! the thought :bitchy: :jamboak:

joe breezy
09-11-2009, 11:12 PM
I have a St Mirren buddie - wouldnae mind going wi him but wouldn't want to deprive a proper Buddie the chance of a ticket, may make enquiries though

Come on the Buddies!

PISTOL1875
09-11-2009, 11:19 PM
What's wrong with Fir Park ??

sleeping giant
09-11-2009, 11:19 PM
It makes me sick to the back teeth that some Hearts pleb may be sitting in MY seat :grr:

Ed De Gramo
09-11-2009, 11:23 PM
I'll be expecting anti bacterial wipes for the game after the Semi should it be played at ER :grr:

Hibercelona
09-11-2009, 11:31 PM
I have the horrid image in my mind of them spinning those manky scarfs around, spreading their stench around Easter Road. :bitchy:

The board should have told them to "git tae". :grr:

Jonnyboy
09-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Cheer up folks as I'm fairly certain the last time the Jambos used ER for a semi final they got horsed :wink:

The_Sauz
09-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Cheer up folks as I'm fairly certain the last time the Jambos used ER for a semi final they got horsed :wink:
Motherwell :greengrin

rainman
10-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Motherwell :greengrin

An Alan Preston screamer at ER rings a bell as well.

Newhaven
10-11-2009, 01:17 AM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/4223227.stm

Mark Burchill :faf:

good block from goalkeeper Gordon Marshall :faf: :faf:

Steve-O
10-11-2009, 06:58 AM
What I don't get is Gus McPherson going on about how it would be "completely ridiculous" if they had to go to Edinburgh for the game?

Er, Edinburgh fans going to Glasgow is his idea, hardly much different is it??

I see he's also spouting the usual pesh about players wanting their 'day out' at Hampden etc. Surely they'd prefer it close to full rather than half empty? :confused:

joe breezy
10-11-2009, 08:49 AM
What I don't get is Gus McPherson going on about how it would be "completely ridiculous" if they had to go to Edinburgh for the game?

I see he's also spouting the usual pesh about players wanting their 'day out' at Hampden etc. Surely they'd prefer it close to full rather than half empty? :confused:

They should win the game then they will get a day out at Hamden, half empty semi finals are rubbish

Bristolhibby
10-11-2009, 10:31 AM
I seem to remember the last Semi Final that Hibs were in being played at a certain Smelly ground in the West of Edinburgh. Dont really see the problem, there will be more Hearts fans than Buddies regardless. its not like Hearts have used "home" advantage before, (see Motherwell). And people are right a half empty hampden is crap. The only one I enjoyed was the 2004 semi aginast the Huns.

J

Dashing Bob S
10-11-2009, 10:37 AM

Can't see it being half-empty. Hearts alone have around 400,000 fans who would want to secure the gold-dust like briefs for a national semi.

Love the Green
10-11-2009, 11:13 AM

Dont want the dogs in our stadium despite the cash...let their fans travel in the cold dark January night like th rtest of us.......
Fir park holds about 12,000 and they have a nice new pitch there..so let it g0po on in Motherweel.

"keep the faith":wink:

Joe Baker II
10-11-2009, 11:32 AM

Good point. Absolute nonsense from MacPherson, so assume he is saying if it is a Hearts Rangers final it should be at Murrayfield/ER because it is ""completely ridiculous" Hearts fans would have to travel to Glasgow. This twat was silent when the nonsensical situation arose in 2006 and 2007 Scottish Cup semi finals of 3 East Coast clubs having to travel to Hampden at incovenient times, so he can be slated for double standards too - no wonder he is seen as a Bobby Williamson clone!

And that is before one even mentions that the atmosphere will be better at a full ER than a 1/3 (and even that probably optimistic) full Hampden. And Scottish game is really needing tv viewers seeing an empty Hampden at moment.

And 2 of my favourite memories are Dundee United and St Johnstone semi finals at Tynecastle, 1993 Scottish Cup semi v Dons was good atmposphere although poor game.

Mikeystewart
10-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Can't see it being half-empty. Hearts alone have around 400,000 fans who would want to secure the gold-dust like briefs for a national semi.

:thumbsup:

lapsedhibee
10-11-2009, 11:42 AM

Not much different, but Glasgow is between Paisley and Edinburgh, so there is a geographical argument to be made.

There's a (presumably spoof/hobo, though it's hard to tell over there) suggestion on wedontknowhowtoapproachthefactwereinthesemifinalof acupweprofessnottocareabout.co.uk that Pittodrie might be a suitable neutral venue. Some posters are seriously considering the merits or otherwise. :faf:

heretoday
10-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Play it at Motherwell. Packed ground, great atmosphere, easier for both sets of fans to get to. Hampden is terrible when it's only half full.

--------
10-11-2009, 11:54 AM
What's wrong with Fir Park ??

What's RIGHT with Fir Park? More sense using New Broomfield - at least you can see the pitch from the stands there. Or Almondvale in Livingston?

Hope they fumigate the stands they put the Yams in after the game.

GieTheBaTaeReilly
10-11-2009, 12:03 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/8350658.stm

Asked if Fir Park or Easter Road, home of Hearts' Edinburgh rivals Hibernian, would be more suitable in terms of atmosphere, MacPherson replied: "Easter Road would not be a benefit to St Mirren Football Club.

That's why it's supposed to be a neutral venue Gus, as in of no benefit to anyone.

Twit.

sunshine1875
10-11-2009, 05:49 PM

Semi Final Venues, Dates and Kick-offs confirmed -

Tuesday 2nd February 2010

Heart of Midlothian v St. Mirren
Kick-off 7.45pm
Fir Park Stadium, Motherwell.

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/news.cfm?curpageid=944&newsid=3057

JimBHibees
10-11-2009, 05:53 PM

Kick-off 7.45pm

Common sense decision, makes a change.

--------
10-11-2009, 05:56 PM

Kick-off 7.45pm

Great! I gotta meeting that night just up the road from Fir Park - I'll be lucky to find any wheels on the car after that lot's been through.

NAE NOOKIE
10-11-2009, 11:19 PM
There has been anti Hibs graffiti in the FF stand bogs since either the last Yam semi or the last Scotland under 21 game at ER.

Considering that was a good few years ago you would think someone at ER would have had it scrubbed off by now.

I thought we had a stadium director for that sort of thing.

:grr:

scoopyboy
10-11-2009, 11:34 PM
There has been anti Hibs graffiti in the FF stand bogs since either the last Yam semi or the last Scotland under 21 game at ER.

Considering that was a good few years ago you would think someone at ER would have had it scrubbed off by now.

I thought we had a stadium director for that sort of thing.

:grr:

Generally cleaners mate, you dont get many stadium directors scrubbing.

Steve-O
11-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Not much different, but Glasgow is between Paisley and Edinburgh, so there is a geographical argument to be made.

There's a (presumably spoof/hobo, though it's hard to tell over there) suggestion on wedontknowhowtoapproachthefactwereinthesemifinalof acupweprofessnottocareabout.co.uk that Pittodrie might be a suitable neutral venue. Some posters are seriously considering the merits or otherwise. :faf:

Glasgow's not exactly halfway between Paisley and Edinburgh though is it!