PDA

View Full Version : NHC Assault on Scott Brown / Celtc players about town (merged)

Golden Bear
09-11-2009, 01:32 PM
http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-central/135897-man-due-in-court-over-alleged-assault-on-scott-brown/

GlesgaeHibby
09-11-2009, 02:43 PM
http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-central/135897-man-due-in-court-over-alleged-assault-on-scott-brown/

Not surprised, the majority of the Celtic team were in Cav last night. Some of them seemed pretty well behaved, but Caldwell was acting like a complete and utter moron.

Would never condone an assualt, but some of the Celtic players didn't exactly do themselves any favours last night getting wasted and acting like complete idiots, trying to provoke some sort of reaction.

Leith Green
09-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Scott Brown has also been "allegedly" hanging around with an Edinburgh gangster of the same age who I am told is trying to become an agent..

Delboy4
09-11-2009, 03:43 PM
I drove past Caldwell, Loovens, Scott Macdonald and Barry Robson when they were standing outside Hudson's Bar in Edinburgh at 4pm yesterday afternoon.

They were all dressed in their track suits, I couldn't believe they were going for a few pints with their trackies on...:confused:

Anyway, I wound my window down and shouted, " Get on the Falkirk, ya bunch o' phannies..."

Maybe a bit childish but I felt quite good inside after.:wink: :greengrin

Hibercelona
09-11-2009, 03:46 PM
I drove past Caldwell, Loovens, Scott Macdonald and Barry Robson when they were standing outside Hudson's Bar in Edinburgh at 4pm yesterday afternoon.

They were all dressed in their track suits, I couldn't believe they were going for a few pints with their trackies on...:confused:

Anyway, I wound my window down and shouted, " Get on the Falkirk, ya bunch o' phannies..."

I couldn't believe they were going for a few pints.

Surely their 30k a week super stars don't drink alcohol? :dizzy:

Delboy4
09-11-2009, 03:53 PM
I couldn't believe they were going for a few pints. with their trackies on...:confused:

I was saying that you wouldn't think they would wear their trackies as that just brings trouble onto them, no?

silverhibee
09-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Scott Brown has also been "allegedly" hanging around with an Edinburgh gangster of the same age who I am told is trying to become an agent..

Is it the same kid on gangster who now is the agent for KT.

Hibercelona
09-11-2009, 03:58 PM
I was saying that you wouldn't think they would wear their trackies as that just brings trouble onto them, no?

I think you understood me wrong.

I wasn't having a dig at your comment. :wink:

I just can't believe that footballers that get paid 30k a week go for pish ups... they should be trying to stay as fit as possible.

Leith Green
09-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Is it the same kid on gangster who now is the agent for KT.

Unless I missed something then no ... I thought Willie McKay was still his agent and still Browns for that matter??

The guy I'm talking about is an Edinburgh gangster who is no older than 28 years old and who has been sniffing around Brown and vice versa recently, trying to "manage their careers" apparently and be a football agent, which is laughable given his past and present..

Lofarl
09-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Funny how the picture of him there is when he was a hibby. G.T.F STV :grr:

silverhibee
09-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Unless I missed something then no ... I thought Willie McKay was still his agent and still Browns for that matter??

The guy I'm talking about is an Edinburgh gangster who is no older than 28 years old and who has been sniffing around Brown and vice versa recently, trying to "manage their careers" apparently and be a football agent, which is laughable given his past and present..

I was under the impression that Scott Brown and Willie McKay had parted company a couple of months ago, i know the person you are talking about from Niddrie and he has also been sniffing about some Hibs players aswell.
I heard KT had signed up with this guy in the last week after being put under some pressure to do so.:wink:

Hibs07p
09-11-2009, 05:01 PM
I don't know about being an agent for Broony and Thompson, I heard it was more to do with protection for the pair of them. I also heard one of the Hibs players put him on his arse for suggesting the same for him. The sums involved amount to fair wedge every week if the rumour is true.

PiemanP
09-11-2009, 05:02 PM
I just can't believe that footballers that get paid 30k a week go for pish ups... they should be trying to stay as fit as possible.

I cant believe footballers on 30k a week end up at cav :bitchy:

Lofarl
09-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Cmon they just earned a draw at Falkirk. That must be worth a night oot.

Ritchie
09-11-2009, 05:07 PM

he's wearing a celtic away top. :confused:

lapsedhibee
09-11-2009, 05:18 PM
he's wearing a celtic away top. :confused:

Couple of odd things in the text though. First, "Scotland and Celtc star". Wouldn't it be more normal to say "Celtc and Scotland star"? Also, "former Hibs star". Why is it relevant to state who he played for in 2007?

Media conspiracy to be nice to Tims this weekend! :agree:

Hibs On Tour
09-11-2009, 05:20 PM
I was under the impression that Scott Brown and Willie McKay had parted company a couple of months ago, i know the person you are talking about from Niddrie and he has also been sniffing about some Hibs players aswell.
I heard KT had signed up with this guy in the last week after being put under some pressure to do so.:wink:

I heard last week it was still WM and that he was touting Broony to The Brown Bag at Spurs... no idea if true though.

Leith Green
09-11-2009, 05:25 PM

Yeah spot on mate, although I didn't know that he had actually suceeded in signing up anyone .. Hopefully that doesnt materialise...

The account I was told was that one of his wee sweetners on offer to Scott Brown was protection when out etc from his crowd of so called heavies. If what is in the paper is true then it does makes me wonder wether it is linked to what we have both obviously been told..

Also if it's true about him approaching Hibs players with a view to being their agent then I doubt Derek Riordan will be too amused!!

Part/Time Supporter
09-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Cmon they just earned a draw at Falkirk. That must be worth a night oot.

:faf:

Not at cav though. Maybe it was a punishment by Mowbray?

:wink:

Couple of odd things in the text though. First, "Scotland and Celtc star". Wouldn't it be more normal to say "Celtc and Scotland star"? Also, "former Hibs star". Why is it relevant to state who he played for in 2007?

Media conspiracy to be nice to Tims this weekend! :agree:

They're the establishment club nowadays, byraway.

:greengrin

Hainan Hibs
09-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Cav???? Why???? There is no excuse for anyone but when you are earning between £10,000 and £30,000 a week shirley there are far far far far far better ways to spend your cash and time?

Si_17
09-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Not surprised, the majority of the Celtic team were in Cav last night. Some of them seemed pretty well behaved, but Caldwell was acting like a complete and utter moron.

Would never condone an assualt, but some of the Celtic players didn't exactly do themselves any favours last night getting wasted and acting like complete idiots, trying to provoke some sort of reaction.

Caldwell got launched for scrapping.

monktonharp
09-11-2009, 05:39 PM
I heard KT had signed up with this guy in the last week after being put under some pressure to do so.:wink:Bill McMurdo was a Niddrie boy,and a well respected Agent,King Paddy....Niddrie....Keith Keith.....Niddrie.....Ian Murray (nid)....Niddrie, aye we're all gangsters fi Niddrie :wink:

silverhibee
09-11-2009, 06:33 PM
I couldn't believe they were going for a few pints.

I doubt there are any celtc players making £30k a week.

silverhibee
09-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Yeah spot on mate, although I didn't know that he had actually suceeded in signing up anyone .. Hopefully that doesnt materialise...

The account I was told was that one of his wee sweetners on offer to Scott Brown was protection when out etc from his crowd of so called heavies. If what is in the paper is true then it does makes me wonder wether it is linked to what we have both obviously been told..

Also if it's true about him approaching Hibs players with a view to being their agent then I doubt Derek Riordan will be too amused!!

22 year old Mark Richardson appeared at Edinburgh Sheriff Court today charged with assaulting Scotland player Scott Brown.
Looks like SB could be a target when he is out on the town from so-called heavies from the Capital.

hibs0666
09-11-2009, 06:50 PM
22 year old Mark Richardson appeared at Edinburgh Sheriff Court today charged with assaulting Scotland player Scott Brown.
Looks like SB could be a target when he is out on the town from so-called heavies from the Capital.

Is Mr. Richardson a well-kent wannabee?

iwasthere1972
09-11-2009, 07:37 PM

:grr: Us adults should be setting a good example and in my eyes that was very very childish. However.......................

I would have done the same. :top marks

Leith Green
09-11-2009, 08:01 PM

Well he also just happens to be an enemy of the gangster we have earlier discussed ...

What a coincidence eh .. :bitchy:

Leith Green
09-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Is Mr. Richardson a well-kent wannabee?

Yes, pretty naughty, a Hibbie though !!

ScottB
09-11-2009, 08:14 PM
If theres any club in the city I'd avoid were I a footballer, then Cav is the one!

Hell I avoid it as it is!

Riordans Boots
09-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Here is another article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8350196.stm

Toaods
09-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Bill McMurdo was a Niddrie boy,and a well respected Agent,King Paddy....Niddrie....Keith Keith.....Niddrie.....Ian Murray (nid)....Niddrie, aye we're all gangsters fi Niddrie :wink:

IIRC Ian Murray is not from Niddrie but was given that nickname when a lad with Dundee United.

HibbyAndy
09-11-2009, 08:49 PM
IIRC Ian Murray is not from Niddrie but was given that nickname when a lad with Dundee United.

IM is from Fairmilehead.

oconnors_strip
09-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Well he also just happens to be an enemy of the gangster we have earlier discussed ...

What a coincidence eh .. :bitchy:

i can see "turf wars" happening in edinburgh involving some players.

Leithenhibby
09-11-2009, 10:47 PM
IM is from Fairmilehead.

Always thought it was the Inch..could be wrong. :wink:

silverhibee
10-11-2009, 12:07 AM
I don't know about being an agent for Broony and Thompson, I heard it was more to do with protection for the pair of them. I also heard one of the Hibs players put him on his arse for suggesting the same for him. The sums involved amount to fair wedge every week if the rumour is true.

Go on name the Hibs player.:wink::thumbsup:

silverhibee
10-11-2009, 12:13 AM
I heard last week it was still WM and that he was touting Broony to The Brown Bag at Spurs... no idea if true though.

I believe this is what the fall out was about, Broony did not want to go to the EPL and Spurs and stated to WM that he was happy at celtc and was not happy that his agent was trying to get him a move away from celtc in the last transfer window.

Hibs07p
10-11-2009, 05:08 AM
Go on name the Hibs player.:wink::thumbsup:

Naw! After all it could just be a rumour with no truth in it. All I can say, is I was told it was one of our young fringe players. I know the name, but it's not fair to name him in case it is untrue. But I think it is fair to assume that the lad involved probably doesn't think he needs protection.

Steve-O
10-11-2009, 06:55 AM
Cav???? Why???? There is no excuse for anyone but when you are earning between £10,000 and £30,000 a week shirley there are far far far far far better ways to spend your cash and time?

Once a jakey, always a jakey.

Additionally, if you hang about in a place where the lowest common denominator hang about, then you're likely to feel even more 'superior' than normal...

A large % of footballers are total fuds, IMO.

Bob1875
10-11-2009, 07:02 AM
Brown is a fud of the highest order and his professionalism is non existant. He's meant to be injured with an ankle injury and he's out on the lash. Same also happened when he went to T in the park while out injured, not acceptable for a pro footballer IMO

scott7_0(Prague)
10-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Brown is a fud of the highest order and his professionalism is non existant. He's meant to be injured with an ankle injury and he's out on the lash. Same also happened when he went to T in the park while out injured, not acceptable for a pro footballer IMO

Sorry but I totally disagree, from what you are saying is, when your injured you are to be house bound, also where in the related story does it say he was out on the lash or drunk??

Steve-O
10-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Sorry but I totally disagree, from what you are saying is, when your injured you are to be house bound, also where in the related story does it say he was out on the lash or drunk??

Mr Brown, 24, was on a night out with friends in Edinburgh

Might not have been drunk but...might have been :greengrin

Newhaven
10-11-2009, 12:10 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/latestnews/Man-appears-in-court-over.5807890.jp

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/latestnews/-Drug-dealer-told-to.3717873.jp

:hmmm:

Billie Jo
10-11-2009, 12:21 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Seven-men-in-court-over.5662373.jp

Nasty piece of work, he should still be in Jail.

H18sry
10-11-2009, 12:23 PM

I think he will be, so like father like son the it looks like :agree:

--------
10-11-2009, 12:26 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/latestnews/Man-appears-in-court-over.5807890.jp

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/latestnews/-Drug-dealer-told-to.3717873.jp

:hmmm:

Maybe "Mr Brown" was trading in commodities and came up a wee bit short in his payments? :cool2:

Billie Jo
10-11-2009, 12:30 PM
I think he will be, so like father like son the it looks like :agree:

Hope so. He's been a menace since at primary school . Allegedly

Danderhall Hibs
10-11-2009, 12:39 PM

What's the "gangsters" name?

hibbie02
10-11-2009, 12:50 PM

You are joking surely....... Since when did an ankle injury stop you going out and having a good time? I assume he wasnae out break dancing or trying to be the new John Travolta. As for T in the Park........How no? Don't see the connection.

Some people just love to moan.....:dummytit:

Woody1985
10-11-2009, 01:08 PM
I bet his ankle started feeling a bit better when/if Mark started chasing him!

Stuarty27
10-11-2009, 01:24 PM
I bet his ankle started feeling a bit better when/if Mark started chasing him!

No wonder....

Mark Richardson is a tank!

What scott brown is doing mixing in that circle ill never know

the_ginger_hibee
10-11-2009, 01:26 PM
What's the "gangsters" name?

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4702/jcolquhouncopy.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/i/jcolquhouncopy.jpg/)

Al Colquhoun;
Football Agent & Consigliere

Woody1985
10-11-2009, 01:45 PM
No wonder....

I know. Not one to **** with that's for sure.

soupy
10-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Always thought it was the Inch..could be wrong. :wink:

am sure hes from Relugus Rd at the Grange....

ivan03
10-11-2009, 02:31 PM
sunday night at lava ignite toll cross..

scott mcdonald, mark crosas, gary galdwell, glen loovens, paddy mccourt, barry robson, stephen mcmanus, emm and possible zaluska were all there! you should have seen them, they had a seating area reserved for them and were acting like they had won the league! Gary Caldwell was soaking everyone with champayne and jumping about like a complete idiot, pouring drink on the floor, hittin the roof etc, after a 3-3 draw with falkirk i dont think mogga would like to have seen this! Mcmanus mccourt and a few others werent so bad but robson and caldwell especially were acting very imature! also heard that mcdonald got thrown out but never heard the exact reason why! no wonder these idiots are always getting into bother!

GlesgaeHibby
10-11-2009, 02:48 PM

scott mcdonald, mark crosas, gary galdwell, glen loovens, paddy mccourt, barry robson, stephen mcmanus, emm and possible zaluska were all there! you should have seen them, they had a seating area reserved for them and were acting like they had won the league! Gary Caldwell was soaking everyone with champayne and jumping about like a complete idiot, pouring drink on the floor, hittin the roof etc, after a 3-3 draw with falkirk i dont think mogga would like to have seen this! Mcmanus mccourt and a few others werent so bad but robson and caldwell especially were acting very imature! also heard that mcdonald got thrown out but never heard the exact reason why! no wonder these idiots are always getting into bother!

I mentioned this in the thread about Scott Brown getting jumped. Willo flood and Mark Wilson were also in Cav.

As you've said, Caldwell was acting like a complete balloon. Flood and Loovens seemed fairly well behaved just sitting having a few drinks.

Ritchie
10-11-2009, 02:50 PM
thank god im not ******ed enough to go to the Cav!! :agree:

WellingtonHibby
10-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Lets not get so high and mighty, we have players with a ahem reputation for such things.
I for one saw Derek Riordan huckled out of Mclachlans on Satuday night during the boxing for kicking off with a stragner...ho hum...

Coco Bryce
10-11-2009, 02:53 PM
No wonder....

Is this the same MR who has was recently charged with organised dogfighting?

Si_17
10-11-2009, 02:57 PM

I saw Scott McDonald, Glen Loovens, Mark Wilson, Gary Caldwell, Stephen McManus, Barry Robson and Danny Fox. Darren O'Dea and Berra were there as well.

From what I heard, Caldwell got launched for fighting.

Mon Dieu4
10-11-2009, 03:38 PM
I saw Scott McDonald, Glen Loovens, Mark Wilson, Gary Caldwell, Stephen McManus, Barry Robson and Danny Fox. Darren O'Dea and Berra were there as well.

From what I heard, Caldwell got launched for fighting.

He wasnt fighting, a balloon flew past him, Caldwell did what he normally does when a spherical object flies past him, he raised his arm for offside & hit someone in the face :agree:

Bob1875
10-11-2009, 04:15 PM

It doesn't but IMHO a football star on 20K a week who is injured shouldn't be out on the piss, as he was on a night out. Also when he was injured earlier on in the season, he was on the lash at T in the park. All I'm saying is Scott Brown always manages to come out smelling of roses.

Mike777
10-11-2009, 04:31 PM
IM is from Fairmilehead.

sure its not newington?

hibbie02
10-11-2009, 04:35 PM
It doesn't but IMHO a football star on 20K a week who is injured shouldn't be out on the piss, as he was on a night out. Also when he was injured earlier on in the season, he was on the lash at T in the park. All I'm saying is Scott Brown always manages to come out smelling of roses.

Opinions eh? Didn't realise that there was an upper limit on earnings for going out on the lash......... Or is it a combination of the earnings and the injury. I know of a load of City Traders who easily earn more than Scottie B and they are on the lash every week. I dare say some of them are also carrying some sort of injury. It's about how you behave that is the issue. If he kicks off then he deserves what he gets. If some nutter goes for him, then are you saying he should stay at home. He is a young fit guy, who happens to play football. He is entitled to a social life too surely?

mikethehibee69
10-11-2009, 04:45 PM
I think you understood me wrong.

I wasn't having a dig at your comment. :wink:

I just can't believe that footballers that get paid 30k a week go for pish ups... they should be trying to stay as fit as possible.John Collins tried that and look what happened to him:stirrer:
:wink::tee hee:

Nando™
10-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Seen him at the game on Saturday.

BravestHibs
10-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Opinions eh? Didn't realise that there was an upper limit on earnings for going out on the lash......... Or is it a combination of the earnings and the injury. I know of a load of City Traders who easily earn more than Scottie B and they are on the lash every week. I dare say some of them are also carrying some sort of injury. It's about how you behave that is the issue. If he kicks off then he deserves what he gets. If some nutter goes for him, then are you saying he should stay at home. He is a young fit guy, who happens to play football. He is entitled to a social life too surely?

Why does a social life automatically have to include going out on the ran dan? What's wrong with a meal instead? Even if only during the season, and then bevvy all you like when you're not training. If I was the coach of a Scottish Football Club I'd ban people from drinking during the season, simple as that. They get 10 grand a week, or whatever it is, to be as fit as possible so that they play at their best for the club that furnishes them with what is in effect an obscene amount of money. If I was in charge and I found out they'd been drinking I'd deal with them in the same way as if they'd been having a cheeky line or a spliff. Alcohol is a drug, and barring performance enhancers, drugs cause negative side effects to your health and fitness. The fact that it's a legal drug is not the point.

libernian
10-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Why does a social life automatically have to include going out on the ran dan? What's wrong with a meal instead? Even if only during the season, and then bevvy all you like when you're not training. If I was the coach of a Scottish Football Club I'd ban people from drinking during the season, simple as that. They get 10 grand a week, or whatever it is, to be as fit as possible so that they play at their best for the club that furnishes them with what is in effect an obscene amount of money. If I was in charge and I found out they'd been drinking I'd deal with them in the same way as if they'd been having a cheeky line or a spliff. Alcohol is a drug, and barring performance enhancers, drugs cause negative side effects to your health and fitness. The fact that it's a legal drug is not the point.

their choice i suppose they eh. anyway, pretty sure a lot players take coke, wouldnt have thot spliff so much due to the length of time it takes to get out your system for drug tests etc.

p.s. why did they go to cav? thot you had to be a student to get in on a sunday!? £1.50 a smuirnoff ice musta been too hard to turn down i suppose.

BravestHibs
10-11-2009, 05:10 PM
their choice i suppose they eh. anyway, pretty sure a lot players take coke, wouldnt have thot spliff so much due to the length of time it takes to get out your system for drug tests etc.

p.s. why did they go to cav? thot you had to be a student to get in on a sunday!? £1.50 a smuirnoff ice musta been too hard to turn down i suppose.

Yeah but that's what I'm saying. Take that choice away from them if they can't be trusted to make the right ones. They are effectively eroding the hard work that I, as coach (hypothetically of course) have been putting in with them. You get caught drinking, you don't get paid. Bosh.

Smartie
10-11-2009, 05:45 PM

Yeah but that's what I'm saying. Take that choice away from them if they can't be trusted to make the right ones. They are effectively eroding the hard work that I, as coach (hypothetically of course) have been putting in with them. You get caught drinking, you don't get paid. Bosh.
Today 05:02 PM

I agree with you 100% John. As a player it certainly worked for you. But so far in your management career, it may have helped you to have been slightly more laid-back about things to get the best out of your players. That, and not signing sh***. Imposing things like this, they revolt, go round to Rod's house and take the next easy exit road out of the club.

ps Thanks for the cup. Mowbray could never have managed that.

Dashing Bob S
10-11-2009, 09:19 PM

I think he's definitely at a Crossroads.

(If we're fighting dogs make mine a poodle.)

RigRoars
10-11-2009, 09:40 PM
I think he's definitely at a Crossroads.

(If we're fighting dogs make mine a poodle.)

I'll see your poodle and raise you a chihuahua.

Delboy4
10-11-2009, 10:13 PM
I wonder if SB has said something to MR like look at me and how much I'm earning and I'm playing for Celtic & Scotland, because MR Used to play for Hibs when SB & Co were coming through the ranks...Maybe a bit of history between them? I'm sure MR was released from Hibs a couple of seasons ago?

Stuarty27
10-11-2009, 10:33 PM
I wonder if SB has said something to MR like look at me and how much I'm earning and I'm playing for Celtic & Scotland, because MR Used to play for Hibs when SB & Co were coming through the ranks...Maybe a bit of history between them? I'm sure MR was released from Hibs a couple of seasons ago?

I remember playing against Mark Richardson when he was younger and he was a decent player, think his brother plays with Spartans maybe am wrong tho. Dont think they are short of a boab or too either delboy

As i said b4 what scott brown is even getting involved with him i will never know. I remember seeing a group of them scrapping with bouncers in Berlin Beirhouse, It wasnt pretty to say the least. These boys can dash and are not the type of characters to get on the wrong side of...

Steve-O
11-11-2009, 08:59 AM

Scottish unfortunately :agree:

scott7_0(Prague)
11-11-2009, 09:13 AM

Where did it say he was out on the piss??:confused:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
11-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Bill McMurdo was a Niddrie boy,and a well respected Agent,King Paddy....Niddrie....Keith Keith.....Niddrie.....Ian Murray (nid)....Niddrie, aye we're all gangsters fi Niddrie :wink:

Ian Murray is not from Niddrie

dangermouse
11-11-2009, 10:50 AM

How about tobacco? Would you stem Nish's supply?

BravestHibs
11-11-2009, 11:26 AM
How about tobacco? Would you stem Nish's supply?

Absolutely.

sean
11-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Not really sure why people get on there high horse about football players having a beer.

the players probarlly had the monday off after there game,and wanted a drink,cav is not the place i would have thought they would have went,but who are we too judge.

they were probarly just after some young stundent birds...not really a crime.

if they were acting plebs,then quite rightly they should get chucked out or someone will probarlly want to give them a punch,judging from reports this sounds what happend.

i am sure some people on here have got into a scrap on a night out or been chucked out a club,and there is not a massive thread of people getting on there high horse.
why?
because the guy in question is a plumber or an accountant..he is a footballer.

all seems rather strange that people believe that footballers should carry some sort of halo status why the rest of the population can do as the please,regardless of what positions they hold

Hibs Giant
11-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Caldwell was acting like a complete and utter moron.

Hard to believe :wink:

BravestHibs
11-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Not really sure why people get on there high horse about football players having a beer.

the players probarlly had the monday off after there game,and wanted a drink,cav is not the place i would have thought they would have went,but who are we too judge.

they were probarly just after some young stundent birds...not really a crime.

if they were acting plebs,then quite rightly they should get chucked out or someone will probarlly want to give them a punch,judging from reports this sounds what happend.

i am sure some people on here have got into a scrap on a night out or been chucked out a club,and there is not a massive thread of people getting on there high horse.
why?
because the guy in question is a plumber or an accountant..he is a footballer.

all seems rather strange that people believe that footballers should carry some sort of halo status why the rest of the population can do as the please,regardless of what positions they hold

It's not a case of choice though. If I was a sprinter training for the olympics, there's no way I'd be able to drink a week before I was racing. No way. So how come a footballer should be allowed to drink a week before a game? Absolute nonsense. They have to make sacrifices and anything that affects your fitness so negatively should not be tolerated and the fact that people say 'oh it's Scotland what do you expect' is in my opinion quite a large contributary factor into why we are a *****ing laughing stock in the rest of the footballing world. People seem to be saying 'they're just normal boys let them have their fun' but they aren't. They get paid £10k a week and have the expectations of millions of people when they play for Scotland and the expectations of about 484485684767826843823683648723648736458236 people when they play for Celtic. So no they are not 'like you or me' they are professional athletes and professional athletes should abstain from alcohol when they are 'on the clock' which is throughout the season or, god forbid, during a major tournament, be it the finals or the qualifications. All IMO of course.

greenlex
11-11-2009, 02:37 PM
It's not a case of choice though. If I was a sprinter training for the olympics, there's no way I'd be able to drink a week before I was racing. No way. So how come a footballer should be allowed to drink a week before a game? Absolute nonsense. They have to make sacrifices and anything that affects your fitness so negatively should not be tolerated and the fact that people say 'oh it's Scotland what do you expect' is in my opinion quite a large contributary factor into why we are a *****ing laughing stock in the rest of the footballing world. People seem to be saying 'they're just normal boys let them have their fun' but they aren't. They get paid £10k a week and have the expectations of millions of people when they play for Scotland and the expectations of about 484485684767826843823683648723648736458236 people when they play for Celtic. So no they are not 'like you or me' they are professional athletes and professional athletes should abstain from alcohol when they are 'on the clock' which is throughout the season or, god forbid, during a major tournament, be it the finals or the qualifications. All IMO of course.

oi gaffer would you have played. George Best or Jim Baxter if they were available in your squad?

BravestHibs
11-11-2009, 03:08 PM
oi gaffer would you have played. George Best or Jim Baxter if they were available in your squad?

I'm pretty sure that in the 60's/70's I wouldn't have been in the same position in terms of the information available to me vis-a-vis the destructive impact that alcohol has on the body. Therefore would not have had to make the same decision.

Hibs On Tour
11-11-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm pretty sure that in the 60's/70's I wouldn't have been in the same position in terms of the information available to me vis-a-vis the destructive impact that alcohol has on the body. Therefore would not have had to make the same decision.

OK. Let's play devils advocate here. You're the gaffer NOW. They're in your squad NOW. You know what you know NOW. Would you play them or not? Would they still be head and shoulders above other, more straight-laced players?

BravestHibs
11-11-2009, 03:22 PM
OK. Let's play devils advocate here. You're the gaffer NOW. They're in your squad NOW. You know what you know NOW. Would you play them or not? Would they still be head and shoulders above other, more straight-laced players?

OK in your crazy time travelling hypothetical world, I'd probably try and get them the help they needed as raging alcoholics before playing them. Failing that I don't think I'd keep my job as gaffer very long if I didn't play George Best but that doesn't detract from the fact that it would probably only hurt the team in the long run by not stamping out what is a damaging trend within Scottish football.

Danderhall Hibs
11-11-2009, 03:53 PM

I agree with the sentiment BUT I think the comparison with an athlete that has to peak once every 4 years against one that has to peak every week isn’t a fair comparison. They have a different type of fitness/sacrifice to succeed.

Then again they always tell us it’s a short career when they’re trying to get as much money as they can out of the clubs so why shouldn’t they be able to abstain from alcohol during their short career?

Also I don’t think many guys in the SPL are on £10k a week anymore.

BravestHibs
11-11-2009, 04:10 PM
I agree with the sentiment BUT I think the comparison with an athlete that has to peak once every 4 years against one that has to peak every week isn’t a fair comparison. They have a different type of fitness/sacrifice to succeed.

Then again they always tell us it’s a short career when they’re trying to get as much money as they can out of the clubs so why shouldn’t they be able to abstain from alcohol during their short career?

Also I don’t think many guys in the SPL are on £10k a week anymore.

But that's the thing, he has to peak EVERY week. Alcohol by its very nature fights directly against what a football team is trying to achieve. Peak fitness for prolonged periods. When you make the amount of money these players do a certain amount of sacrifice should be required and abstaining from alcohol should be one of those sacrifices. I'm not saying sacrifice their first born, I'm not saying sacrifice your right to a family, I'm not saying they should sacrifice recreational sex. What I am saying, which I don't think is really a huge amount to ask from a team of players that we, albeit indirectly, fund. If Scott Brown or Deek went to any team in say Spain, and behaved in the way they do over here I reckon their team mates would be completely baffled as to why a pro footballer would even bother with a bevvy, nevermind when he was injured and never mind in the Cav!

I think the laxadazical attitude we have towards players going out on the lash in this country is a huge contributory factor as to why we're so *****ing bad on the world stage and it pi*ses me right off.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-11-2009, 04:25 PM

I think this is the problem/dilemma. For all the talk the majority of fans would have backed Besty - still played out his skin on a Saturday its all that matters.

Did anyone see the Breakfast Show on the Beeb speaking to his son Calum (sp?)? Sad downside of having an alcoholic father. So whilst the footie fans are patting him on the back remembering the football, there's the flip-side (and devastation) that goes with it.

Until we as a society shift away from the drinking culture all the "bad bits" will for the most part be put to one side or glossed over - "right of passage" etc.

Other cultures (e.g. Afro-Carribean and Brazilians) can enjoy themselves without reaching for the bottle and see getting smashed as being dis-respectful to yourself. They also appear to be pretty handy at footie. Perhaps we can learn something from them...?

sean
11-11-2009, 04:58 PM
But that's the thing, he has to peak EVERY week. Alcohol by its very nature fights directly against what a football team is trying to achieve. Peak fitness for prolonged periods. When you make the amount of money these players do a certain amount of sacrifice should be required and abstaining from alcohol should be one of those sacrifices. I'm not saying sacrifice their first born, I'm not saying sacrifice your right to a family, I'm not saying they should sacrifice recreational sex. What I am saying, which I don't think is really a huge amount to ask from a team of players that we, albeit indirectly, fund. If Scott Brown or Deek went to any team in say Spain, and behaved in the way they do over here I reckon their team mates would be completely baffled as to why a pro footballer would even bother with a bevvy, nevermind when he was injured and never mind in the Cav!

I think the laxadazical attitude we have towards players going out on the lash in this country is a huge contributory factor as to why we're so *****ing bad on the world stage and it pi*ses me right off.

i am sirry but you will find many players from different countries go on the lash.
a good example of this is in england,if you go to london or know anyone who goes out there alot you will find the spurs and chelsea boys are always out and about.so to say its a scottish thing is rubbish

Jones28
11-11-2009, 06:09 PM

No it's no :rolleyes:

Woody1985
11-11-2009, 06:14 PM
i am sirry but you will find many players from different countries go on the lash.
a good example of this is in england,if you go to london or know anyone who goes out there alot you will find the spurs and chelsea boys are always out and about.so to say its a scottish thing is rubbish

That was the best example you could come up with of players from other countries, the one directly attached to us with a lot of the same drinking culture? :faf:

Good one.

WindyMiller
11-11-2009, 06:56 PM
am sure hes from Relugus Rd at the Grange....
Correct.

silverhibee
11-11-2009, 11:59 PM
What will be fun is when the trial takes place in May, Half off the celtc team having to take the week of to give evidence against one of Edinburghs up and coming gangsters.
Maybe they should be put in to a witness protection scheme until the trial takes place.:greengrin

Minder
12-11-2009, 12:11 AM
What will be fun is when the trial takes place in May, Half off the celtc team having to take the week of to give evidence against one of Edinburghs up and coming gangsters.
Maybe they should be put in to a witness protection scheme until the trial takes place.:greengrin

Gangster, yeah right. Not in the big boys world.

silverhibee
12-11-2009, 12:22 AM

Give him time and he will turn out to be a nasty piece of buisness.

cabbage07
12-11-2009, 12:25 AM

You obviously dont know to much do you?
believe me not one to **** with !

Part/Time Supporter
12-11-2009, 09:32 AM

The way Celtc are going just now, they won't have much else to do in May anyway (arf).

Leith Green
12-11-2009, 03:26 PM

Very silly and well wide of the mark .. Pardon the pun! :greengrin

Hibs On Tour
12-11-2009, 05:10 PM
From what I hear it was Broonie's trousers and mooth that got him into the bother in the first place... :devil:

In_terms_of
12-11-2009, 06:24 PM

:grr:

Dashing Bob S
12-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Great to see Caldwell enjoying the benefits of the new Celtic regime, which has made him such a better player. :greengrin

Tonez
12-11-2009, 06:38 PM
From what I hear it was Broonie's trousers and mooth that got him into the bother in the first place... :devil:

Aye they where at his ankles while doing sum bird over a car bonnet, couldnt keep his mouth shut when he was caught. Tried to talk his way out by naming "the gangster" and as most people know MR doesnt get on with the "gangster" . Hence the sore face.

Mobile photo footage is on the go allegedly

Minder
12-11-2009, 07:19 PM
You obviously dont know to much do you?
believe me not one to **** with !

:faf::faf::faf:

hellohibs
16-11-2009, 09:15 PM
think u should find out the facts be 4 u open ur mouth as u dont no what ur talking about as we all now the papers talk alot of f*****g ***** and and as ur going what papers say and dont no mr then who are u or any one else to judge any one :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

hellohibs
16-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Mobile photo footage is on the go allegedly[/QUOTE]

a heard the same thing might see if a can get a hold of a copy :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

but good on him every holes a goal as the saying goes dose it not? :top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

Bob1875
16-11-2009, 09:29 PM
think u should find out the facts be 4 u open ur mouth as u dont no what ur talking about as we all now the papers talk alot of f*****g ***** and and as ur going what papers say and dont no mr then who are u or any one else to judge any one :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

Hows it gawn Broony ya Sellick bassa!:thumbsup::

hibeemikey21
16-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Looks like he was an ex hibs player then. And has been a nutter for a while, evidently.........

http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/ExHibs-player-admits-brawl.2754389.jp

hellohibs
17-11-2009, 12:41 AM
Hows it gawn Broony ya Sellick bassa!:thumbsup::

ur of ur head am not broony :faf::faf::faf::faf:

but as 4 people saying mr should be in jail coz he was at an alleged dog fight get a life and grow up use done no the lad so why talk about some 1 and there old man on a computer when u could say it 2 them coz there still at every hibs game if u would like there seat numbers ill get them 4 use but there in the executive seats :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

flash
17-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Well that was ten minutes of my life i will never get back reading this thread. Why's it on the fitba forum anyway?

Danderhall Hibs
17-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Well that was ten minutes of my life i will never get back reading this thread. Why's it on the fitba forum anyway?

Cos Scott Brown used to be a football player.

gilliecabbage
17-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Cos Scott Brown used to be a football player.
:top marks

sambajustice
17-11-2009, 10:48 AM

No!

Players are a lot fitter and stronger these days! There's no way these guys would have been able to turn it on half jaked!

Hibs On Tour
17-11-2009, 11:09 AM
No!

Players are a lot fitter and stronger these days! There's no way these guys would have been able to turn it on half jaked!

Except that they did. Frequently. Wishing it was otherwise doesn't make it so. Not saying it was [or is] big and/or clever. But those players turned it on while pished/hungover a lot more than once and to suggest that those same players couldn't run bloody rings around today's players [who although they may be fitter, better coached, etc couldn't lace their bloody boots] is just nonsense IMHO...

1two
17-11-2009, 11:22 AM
ur of ur head am not broony :faf::faf::faf::faf:

but as 4 people saying mr should be in jail coz he was at an alleged dog fight get a life and grow up use done no the lad so why talk about some 1 and there old man on a computer when u could say it 2 them coz there still at every hibs game if u would like there seat numbers ill get them 4 use but there in the executive seats :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't know the guy, and don't really care who he is but if he did attend an arranged dog fight, he should be locked away.

He may well be innocent in all this but you don't get your name in the papers for so many different things for no reason.

Gangster or not, he sounds like a bit of a prick.
Not that i'd be saying that to his face :greengrin

sleeping giant
17-11-2009, 11:36 PM
This is going well :greengrin

Toaods
18-11-2009, 12:02 AM

they may have to fly in or get the train up...doubt there'll be many of them at Parkhead once the next window shuts.

flash
18-11-2009, 07:13 AM
[QUOTE=hellohibs;2244782]QUOTE]

4 dug fights? Jeez this just gets worse and worse.

poolman
18-11-2009, 08:37 AM

Aye yooz, nice kennin a the dosh spent oan edukashun isny gettin wastit