PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time

burleynomore
08-11-2009, 08:43 PM
I havent missed many games at the PBS over the years but trying to think when we last played towards the Hibs end in the first half. The only one I can remember was when we were four nil up after 10 minutes ( Pat Quinn hat trick ? ) which is a long time ago. i am sure there are others.

Dalkeith
08-11-2009, 08:52 PM
I havent missed many games at the PBS over the years but trying to think when we last played towards the Hibs end in the first half. The only one I can remember was when we were four nil up after 10 minutes ( Pat Quinn hat trick ? ) which is a long time ago. i am sure there are others.

2-1 when steve archibald scored the winner, gordon hunter when we ended that run, must be more

I'm_cabbaged
08-11-2009, 09:05 PM
2-1 when steve archibald scored the winner, gordon hunter when we ended that run, must be more

Gorgie rd end was the Hibs end. :wink:

EH6 Hibby
08-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Shiels 2-1 game was up our end was it not? :flag:

lapsedhibee
08-11-2009, 09:15 PM

4-0 game was O'Rourke (2) and Stevenson (2) kicking towards the Gorgie Rd end in the first half.

(No segregation.)

Broken Gnome
08-11-2009, 09:28 PM
The 0-0 game last year.

Further to that, when did Hibs last win a game at Tynecastle when they WEREN'T shooting towards their own support in the second half?

Mag7
08-11-2009, 09:28 PM

The Hibs end was at the opposite end back then, so we played towards the Hibs end in the second half during that game. I'll never forget it when Archibald slammed home the decisive goal right in front of us.

Mag7
08-11-2009, 09:32 PM
The 0-0 game last year.

Further to that, when did Hibs last win a game at Tynecastle when they WEREN'T shooting towards their own support in the second half?

The problem with that question is that the segregation didn't come in until the 80s, so before that there were Hibs fans at both ends.

One game I remember, while not a win, was a 2-2 draw around 1987 when we were 2-0 down with only a few minutes to go and Joe McBride scored twice at the non-Hibs end to snatch a draw. It certainly FELT like a win :wink:

Broken Gnome
08-11-2009, 09:34 PM
The problem with that question is that the segregation didn't come in until the 80s, so before that there were Hibs fans at both ends.

One game I remember, while not a win, was a 2-2 draw around 1987 when we were 2-0 down with only a few minutes to go and Joe McBride scored twice at the non-Hibs end to snatch a draw. It certainly FELT like a win :wink:

True. Don't know if it makes a difference at all to players if you'd ask them, but I've always imagine a team would have greater incentive if they were attacking their own end towards the end of a game. Was actually disappointed this wasn't the case yesterday.

Sir David Gray
08-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Shiels 2-1 game was up our end was it not? :flag:

We were shooting towards the Hibs end in the second half in that game.

sleeping giant
08-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Houchens first game.
He scored but i'm sure we lost 2-1.
My mum lost her shoe that day in the crowd when Houchen scored:greengrin