PDA

View Full Version : Media Wotherspoon

Billy McKirdy
08-11-2009, 08:23 PM
A wee video of mines of the man of the moment for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd9JuDN1P_8

Thers something special about this lad.
You just know when you see a special talent like this, dont you?
Premiership class imo. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Scotthibs1875
08-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Does Wotherspoon support hibs btw?

Jones28
08-11-2009, 08:29 PM

Nope, hes a St Johnston fan :agree:

Forgotten how good his shot against Celtic was :agree:

Billy McKirdy
08-11-2009, 08:29 PM

Who cares who he supports, as long as he turns on the style for us.:wink::wink:

Hibercelona
08-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Wotherspoon is indeed going to become something magnificent. :agree:

At such a young age, he has it all.

Quality, energy & desire.

I have no fear of us putting too much pressure on the lad. He's the type of player that will feed of that pressure and becoming even more determined.

Billy McKirdy
08-11-2009, 08:35 PM
An old head on young shoulders?
thats my impression.
he's quality, there's no doubt there.
composed & confident, cool & calm.
he ticks ALL the boxes.
:greengrin:greengrin

Spike Mandela
08-11-2009, 08:40 PM
What happened to the rest of the U19's promoted to the first squad? Byrne excepted of course.

Is there no centre half or do they all go to Hearts? Shame that we always have to move Murray in when a CH is injured or suspended.

Billy McKirdy
08-11-2009, 08:45 PM
What happened to the rest of the U19's promoted to the first squad? Byrne excepted of course.

Is there no centre half or do they all go to Hearts? Shame that we always have to move Murray in when a CH is injured or suspended.

Shamefully Im not up to scratch with the U19's Who do you suggest makes the next step up? :wink:

Dibben
08-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Moyes, who was the CB in the 19's last season is on loan to Livingston for the season!

BH.

Billy McKirdy
08-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Moyes, who was the CB in the 19's last season is on loan to Livingston for the season!

BH.

Rings a bell...Ewan Moyes by any chance???

sleeping giant
08-11-2009, 10:19 PM

:agree: There is indeed.

Is he your boy ?:greengrin

Billychaotic182
08-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Shamefully Im not up to scratch with the U19's Who do you suggest makes the next step up? :wink:
Welsh is a class act. As is Booth and Smith.

basehibby
08-11-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm really impressed by Wotherspoon - after scoring on his debut he's not disappeared into his shell at all but gone on to produce two of the candidates for save of the season from fantastic efforts on goal - and that's while putting in impressive displays at both RB and RM. He's not only displayed impressive ability for a guy his age but also a great attitude - well worth his place in the team.

Dunbar Hibee
09-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Welsh is a class act. As is Booth and Smith.

:agree: Know him well:wink:

MyJo
09-11-2009, 02:56 PM

IIRC there were 7 promoted for this season:

Flynn - 3rd choice keeper
Moyes - on loan to livi
Currie - on the fringes
Welsh - been injured, on the fringes
Wotherspoon - :not worth
Byrne - Sub most weeks
Deane - Released by mutual consent

OstKurve Hibs
09-11-2009, 03:08 PM
In the case of deane, wot is the point of promotin him to then realese him? Maybe yogi didnt like the look of him wen he arrived i suppose.

The_Horde
09-11-2009, 04:11 PM
In the case of deane, wot is the point of promotin him to then realese him? Maybe yogi didnt like the look of him wen he arrived i suppose.

No reserve league and the fact we have Benji, Riordan, Stokes, Nish and Byrne already.

legends of 73
09-11-2009, 04:20 PM

it was mixu who promoted him

i watched him a couple of time last season and was surprised he got the move to the first team wasn't surprised yogi let him go he was way down the pecking order

Petrie's Tache
09-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Booth is an excellent prospect at LB. Welsh is a very composed CM and can play at the back also.

HibbyAndy
09-11-2009, 06:00 PM
This kids got the lot! he will make Hibs a few million when he moves on in a little bit.

He's an athlete.

jakedance
09-11-2009, 07:27 PM
He's going to be a cracking player. We've seen players with similar ability come through but Wotherspoon looks like he's been playing in the first team for years.

I still can't believe Boruc saved his effort against Celtc. He's done a fine job at right back but I can't wait to see him pushed further forward again.

For those in the know - was right mid his position for the U19's?

millarco
09-11-2009, 07:31 PM
He's going to be a cracking player. We've seen players with similar ability come through but Wotherspoon looks like he's been playing in the first team for years.

I still can't believe Boruc saved his effort against Celtc. He's done a fine job at right back but I can't wait to see him pushed further forward again.

For those in the know - was right mid his position for the U19's?

Think he played left mid for the 19s last season.

Billy McKirdy
15-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Great performance for the u21s in Baku.
well done david:thumbsup::thumbsup:

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-11-2009, 02:06 PM
How long before the manks along the M8 come-a-knockin, sorry to be negative but how many times has this happened?

FraserHFC
15-11-2009, 02:09 PM
How long before the manks along the M8 come-a-knockin, sorry to be negative but how many times has this happened?

The days of Celtic and Rangers getting our best players on the cheap are long gone and at this point in time neither of them can really afford to pay decent fees.

Hibs07p
15-11-2009, 02:12 PM
I believe he left Celtic to come to Hibs, so I reckon he knows where his best chance to progress lies.

Wotherspiniesta
15-11-2009, 02:13 PM

D moved from Celtc to Hibs, because he knew he would get a better chance of first team football. I don't think he would want to move back there, and its not as if Rangers have money to spend on players right now. If he keeps up his form of the start of the season, he will be a premiership player within 3 years IMO.

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-11-2009, 02:17 PM
The days of Celtic and Rangers getting our best players on the cheap are long gone and at this point in time neither of them can really afford to pay decent fees.

Perhaps but they are still sniffing around to do deals with other players coming our way imo, hope I'm wrong of course but having seen these cretins steal so many good players, not just from us but other SPL teams and ruin them by not giving them a fair run makes my blood boil, I've said it for years that in these days of contracts having so many clauses I want a contract for any Hibs player to state "you will not sign for either Rangers or Celtic directly", very wishful thinking on my behalf I suppose

Allant1981
15-11-2009, 06:28 PM
D moved from Celtc to Hibs, because he knew he would get a better chance of first team football. I don't think he would want to move back there, and its not as if Rangers have money to spend on players right now. If he keeps up his form of the start of the season, he will be a premiership player within 3 years IMO.

It was actually John Collins who persuaded him to come to Hibs. He was very impressed with JC and I know he speaks to him often

Baldy Foghorn
15-11-2009, 06:30 PM

Premiership class?????

Just let the lad enjoy his football and learn his trade, and hopefully if he keeps going he can progress to bigger and better things...... Let's not heap pressure on the lad already.............

erin go bragh
15-11-2009, 10:09 PM
am i the only one that thinks if nish had left his shot it would have been a goal:grr:

Riordans Boots
15-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Wortherspoon is indeed a quality act and deserves his place in the first 11 :agree: