PDA

View Full Version : Player reshuffle for St Mirren away?

hibsfootballer
08-11-2009, 12:44 PM
I personally think that Yogi should think about changing the first team for our next tie St Mirren away, Although we are currently on a run and gone a few games without losing Yogi should consider playing the likes of Galbraith, Byrne and Paddy Cregg. This would give the team some fresh legs give some of our other players a rest as we have a few big games comming up (Motherwell at home and Aberdeen away). It would also give our fringe players a chance and a good run at a bottom 6 team also to stop them being frozen out. Then this will show that there is more competition for a first team place if others are starting against the smaller clubs...

Whats everyone else's view?

archiebald
08-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Why would he want to change a team for a game that is 2 weeks away ?
Best players in training play and injured one's don't play simple
look at Celtic they change team for every game and are getting nowere need players to get to know each other :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
08-11-2009, 12:55 PM
I would certainly give Galbraith a chance, I actually would have had him on, for the last 20 minutes or so, yesterday.

number 27
08-11-2009, 12:56 PM
We need to play our strongest possible team in all games. There is no way we are good enough to start talking about rotating the team. I think St Mirren will be a really hard fixture and to be honest another draw would probably be acceptable.

Dibben
08-11-2009, 12:57 PM
The only change I'd consider is Galbraith for Benji, with Deeks moving up front!

BH.

hibsfootballer
08-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Why would he want to change a team for a game that is 2 weeks away ?
Best players in training play and injured one's don't play simple
look at Celtic they change team for every game and are getting nowere need players to get to know each other :thumbsup:

My apologies I thot the game was next week, Altho Galbraith is due a start...

euro Hibby
08-11-2009, 01:01 PM
very hard game. I would make few changes but would be prepared to reshuffle during the game. Thought Yogi might have used his subs better yesterday but was probably happy to take the point without risking too much.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Not so sure that we are strong enough yet to look at league fixture and class it as one where we can experiment with a line up. If we were I would still be reticent to try it away from home. If anything just now, rather than a direct change of bodies, I would rather see a move away from this trend of trying to get as many forwards into the side as possible. I would like too see us try a 4-4-2 with a midfield of McBride, Cregg, Miller and Zemamma. Two ball winners and two passers.

Alex Trager
08-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Stokes should be given a day off, he has a very bad first touch and very rarely gets past a player. I feel galbraith is definately due a start and maybe sub stokes on?

Petrie's Tache
08-11-2009, 02:20 PM
.............................stack................ ........

Wotherspoon........Hogg.....Bamba.......Murray

Zemmama.........McBride.....Miller........Galbrait h

....................Stokes.......Deeks............ .......

If Zemmama not fit bring in Kurtis.

Gmack7
08-11-2009, 02:30 PM
................................stack............. ..................
.............hogg...........bamba..............mur ray
wotherspoon....mcbride...miller...rankin/stevenson
..........................zemamma................. .............
.....................stokes......riordan.......... ...........
might be worth a shot:dunno:

Petrie's Tache
08-11-2009, 02:53 PM
would prefer galbraith on the left to give us a bit if pace and creativity both rankin and Lewis don't have IMHO.

PISTOL1875
08-11-2009, 04:14 PM
I would certainly give Galbraith a chance, I actually would have had him on, for the last 20 minutes or so, yesterday.

He should've been on for Stokes who was honking yesterday........