PDA

View Full Version : NHC Falkirk v Celtic / Minutes silence (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

rossevenil
08-11-2009, 12:48 PM
For muting the sound at the minutes silence!!!

PATHETIC doing this to cover for that manky shower from the west

Higgy115
08-11-2009, 12:48 PM
How badly was it observed, they obviously had sound switched of, was like something ont of 'Escape to Victory'. Even Celtic director was shaking head during it.

Loud booing when they switched sound back on.....

Hanny
08-11-2009, 12:51 PM
How badly was it observed, they obviously had sound switched of, was like something ont of 'Escape to Victory'. Even Celtic director was shaking head during it.

Loud booing when they switched sound back on.....

:agree: Loud chants of 'You're sc** and you know you are' from the Falkirk fans when the sound came back on.

Clearly the sound was off to protect the spotless reputation of the 'Greatest Fans in the World'

Absolute filth every last one of them :grr:

speedy_gonzales
08-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Not wishing to start a poppy/remembrance debate, but just watched the start off the Falkirk/Celtic game, minutes silence was observed immaculately.
Mobile goes and it's my mate who's a bairn, he asked if I heard the bile that TGFIW spewed forth during the minute. He was raging when I said nothing came over the telly. He's adamant there was than a vocal minority casuing disruption.
Anyone else hear similar or is my mate at it!?!

IndieHibby
08-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Not wishing to start a poppy/remembrance debate, but just watched the start off the Falkirk/Celtic game, minutes silence was observed immaculately.
Mobile goes and it's my mate who's a bairn, he asked if I heard the bile that TGFIW spewed forth during the minute. He was raging when I said nothing came over the telly. He's adamant there was than a vocal minority casuing disruption.
Anyone else hear similar or is my mate at it!?!

Reported by the beeb on their live text tracker.

Irish_Steve
08-11-2009, 12:57 PM
From the beeb

Generally impeccably observed. Poor show from a section of the away support.

1244:We're nearly at kick-off in Falkirk. First, a minute's silence on Remembrance Sunday.

Sir David Gray
08-11-2009, 12:58 PM
I think there was something going on. At the end of the minute, there was loud booing from what I assume was Falkirk supporters, followed by a chant of "You're sc um and you know you are..."

Hardly surprising but disgraceful nonetheless.

Gatecrasher
08-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Celtic are ****

Westie1875
08-11-2009, 01:00 PM
The giveaway was the fact that you couldn't hear the whistle blowing at the end of the minute, sky got their timings wrong and you could see people clapping before the sound came back on properly.

hibsbollah
08-11-2009, 01:00 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8349186.stm
1246: Generally impeccably observed. Poor show from a section of the away support.

1244:We're nearly at kick-off in Falkirk. First, a minute's silence on Remembrance Sunday.

Unbelievable. How can it be 'generally' impeccably observed? its either impeccable or it isnt. So it is a 'poor show' or 'generally impeccable'?

I think the BBC have been told not to say anything controversial, ie-they're lying.

Wembley67
08-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Without trying to sound totally thick (!) why do some Celtic fans not respect it? I presume there is some political thing to this...anyone care to educate me?

rossevenil
08-11-2009, 01:01 PM
As i said,Sky muted the sound for the minutes silence to save the manky mobs blushes!!

They brought the sound back on to late as you could see the Falkirk fans clapping and generally shouting but no sound,aswell as the fact that the cameras panned everywhere around the stadium other than the smellys end of the ground,no doubt because they were sputing their pash!

Greatest Fans in the World my arse.

Sir David Gray
08-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Without trying to sound totally thick (!) why do some Celtic fans not respect it? I presume there is some political thing to this...anyone care to educate me?

Because of the Irish republican element to their support who absolutely despise the British army after all the trouble in Northern Ireland.

givescotlandfreedom
08-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Absolute ****ing ****! Shame on that rat Murdoch's mob for trying to cover it up for the filthy bigoted vermin. I hate Celtic :grr:

Sylar
08-11-2009, 01:08 PM
If I thought it would succeed in doing anything, I'd love an email address to let them know exactly what I think of their "selective coverage".

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem!"

Sky are everybit as much **** as the Tims here IMO.

Wembley67
08-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Because of the Irish republican element to their support who absolutely despise the British army after all the trouble in Northern Ireland.

Thanks.

So the booing in their eyes is justified?

Antifa Hibs
08-11-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm watching it online and the commentator said it was well observed. Singing coming from outside the stadium though..

Part/Time Supporter
08-11-2009, 01:13 PM
http://www.skysports.com/contactus/0,20299,,00.html

Makaveli
08-11-2009, 01:13 PM

It goes further back than last century's troubles though. "Our" army played a shameful role in perpetuating the effects of the famine (which the GFITW seem to have claimed as "their" tragedy :rolleyes:).

But surely, in any civilised person's eyes, disrespecting a silence for the war dead is plainly unjustifiable.

Kojock
08-11-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm watching it online and the commentator said it was well observed. Singing coming from outside the stadium though..

So why did Sky only show the Falkirk fans observing the silence. Not once did they show the filth.

Danderhall Hibs
From the beeb

Generally impeccably observed. Poor show from a section of the away support.

A mate of mine is a Falkirk fan - he said that there was some singing from outside the ground but inside the ground it was fine.

Sir David Gray

That seems to be what happened.

I know someone who is at the game (Falkirk fan) and I text them to ask what happened and they said that it was observed perfectly by those in the ground but there was a bit of noise coming from the Celtic fans who were still outside at the time.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-11-2009, 01:19 PM
I was about to post and say well done to the away support for that minute's silence. Never once did it occur to me that the live feed would be turned down. I don't know now, if we will get howls of censorship? My previous postings on this said not to pre-judge this situation. IMHO it would have been better to broadcast this all around the world and let everyone hear what these people think about generations that made the ultimate sacrifice. After all, these people are Irish and support an Irish institution so as a country, Scotland has no case to answer or reason to reproach itself over this. No doubt Peter Lawell is trying to work out how to sell terrorist sympathisers to the EPL.

givescotlandfreedom
08-11-2009, 01:26 PM
That seems to be what happened.

I know someone who is at the game (Falkirk fan) and I text them to ask what happened and they said that it was observed perfectly by those in the ground but there was a bit of noise coming from the Celtic fans who were still outside at the time.

They'll be the ones who refused to go in out of protest. Wish a bomb had fallen on them they wouldn't be missed.

New Corrie
08-11-2009, 01:27 PM
I feel sorry for the decent Celtic fans who will be mortified with this. It's just very sad. Disappointed that we've got to the stage that the TV companies have to cover up for bad fan behaviour.

Diclonius
08-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Cheating mercenary Celtic given a penalty for a foul outside the box, and miss it.

Ha ha ****ing ha.

hibsbollah
08-11-2009, 01:36 PM
I was about to post and say well done to the away support for that minute's silence. Never once did it occur to me that the live feed would be turned down. I don't know now, if we will get howls of censorship? My previous postings on this said not to pre-judge this situation. IMHO it would have been better to broadcast this all around the world and let everyone hear what these people think about generations that made the ultimate sacrifice. After all, these people are Irish and support an Irish institution so as a country, Scotland has no case to answer or reason to reproach itself over this. No doubt Peter Lawell is trying to work out how to sell terrorist sympathisers to the EPL.

Theres another argument, that by turning down the sound they protected the feelings of servicemen and their families. If challenged, im sure this is what bbc and sky officials will trot out.

hibee_boy
08-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Absolute vile football club and anyone who uses the term "Greatest Fans in the World" is completly deluded and ill-educated.

utter flith and an embarresment to football.

Diclonius
08-11-2009, 02:08 PM
If Celtic don't score in the next 25 minutes, Mowbray will be sacked. :greengrin

Cool_Hand_Luke
08-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Falkirk 2-1 up now :thumbsup:

Alex Trager
08-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Falkirk just went one nil down and are now two one up!!!!!

hibsbollah
08-11-2009, 02:09 PM
We're going to win the league:dizzy:

Part/Time Supporter
08-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Celtic fans are observing a perfect silence now

:faf:

iwasthere1972
08-11-2009, 02:12 PM
2 - 1 falkirk

:thumbsup: :faf:

jgl07
08-11-2009, 02:13 PM
If things stay as they are that will leave the Yams three points off bottom place!

Part/Time Supporter
08-11-2009, 02:15 PM
2-2

:grr:

Alex Trager
08-11-2009, 02:16 PM
They *******s are 2.2 now

Westie1875
08-11-2009, 02:16 PM
2-2

:grr:

:grr: Mon the bairns!

Sergey
08-11-2009, 02:17 PM

:hilarious

If things stay as they are that will leave the Yams three points off bottom place!

One defeat from relegation, eh!

hibbie02
08-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Theres another argument, that by turning down the sound they protected the feelings of servicemen and their families. If challenged, im sure this is what bbc and sky officials will trot out.

That would have been my take on it too. Then they should use their bloody annoying ticker thingy that they use all the time on Sky News stating:

"Sound turned off out of respect, Manky Celtic **** not observing the silence..........." :cool2:

Cue Jack Regan with his view of events and how it is everyone else's fault and it is a conspiracy by Rangers, the SPL, the SFA, the British legion, Maggie Thatcher, UEFA, anyone............

AugustaHibs
08-11-2009, 02:22 PM
3-2 :grr::grr::grr::grr:

Alex Trager
08-11-2009, 02:23 PM
I hate celtic 2.3

Sir David Gray
08-11-2009, 02:26 PM
This is an absolute travesty.

Falkirk have been the better side by a mile today, Celtic have been utter garbage. I think even a point would be harsh on Falkirk but to actually lose this game is just awful for them.

EDIT-3-3! :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2009, 02:27 PM
I will wait until Jack comes along to tell us what really happened, before i make my mind up over this.:wink:

Makaveli
Yassssss

Lofarl
Nice

Cool_Hand_Luke
3-3 :thumbsup:

Diclonius
Game of the season.

hibbie02
I hate celtic 2.3

Who are Celtic 2.3??? :confused:

AugustaHibs
08-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Who are Celtic 2.3??? :confused:
3-3 Now

Hibee_Lisa
08-11-2009, 02:29 PM
3-3

MSK
08-11-2009, 02:29 PM
3-3 :thumbsup:Ah well ..Celtic's goal scoring problems seem to have eased ...:greengrin

Brando7
08-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Ah well ..Celtic's goal scoring problems seem to have eased ...:greengrin

Shame they letting in as much as they scoring :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2009, 02:33 PM

And again, they are just having a little trouble doing it at the appropriate time.:greengrin

Lofarl
08-11-2009, 02:37 PM
full time

Sir David Gray
08-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Still a point that Celtic did not deserve but well played Falkirk, brilliant performance.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2009, 02:41 PM
The natives are not happy, a scarf is on the pitch. :greengrin Surely healthy competition is what they want?:confused::wink:

Spike Mandela
08-11-2009, 02:41 PM
What a fantastic game compared to the dirge we had to sit through yesterday, Falkirk played really well.

Makes it feel like our point at Tynie wasn't so bad after all. Three points off the top after the first round of games is a great start.:agree:

EasterRoad4Ever
08-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Well done Falkirk. Not many sides come back from being 1-0 down and 3-2 down the OF. Celtic are an average side who struggle when the opposition put them under the type of pressure Falkirk did today. If only DUFC or Hibs had a bit more belief and desire. Unfortunately, yesterday's insipid and lacklustre performance by Hibs explains why the poorest OF sides in decades will stroll the SPL title again :bitchy:

mjhibby
08-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Maybe now we can see yesterdays result in a different light.We didint play well but picked up a point.Unbeaten in 7 and 3 points off top after 11 games.A free week for injuries to clear up and then raring to go in 2 weeks.Ah just as well falkirk didnt win as they would have been a few cardiac arrests down gorgie way.5 points off the bottom.Sweet.

speedy_gonzales
08-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Sky are an embarrassment if this is anything to go by,

YOUTUBE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5y2-U6Ll1Q)

I understand some may think silencing the mics protects the familys & friends of those that are being remembered but I think we should be addressing the problem, not sweeping it under the carpet!

Part/Time Supporter
08-11-2009, 03:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5y2-U6Ll1Q

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2009, 03:13 PM
They should shut celtics ground for 3 games, lets see them interupt the silence then. Animals,

Spike Mandela
08-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Disgraceful.

Also a bit concerned by SKY's censorship of the reality.:bitchy:

weecounty hibby
08-11-2009, 03:18 PM
To be fair, and I don't usually like to be when it comes to Celtic, But it did only sound like 10 or 20 singing. I'm sure the more moderate Celtic fans will have pointed them out and they will have been ejected. On second thoughts, no chance!!! They are as vile and contemptable as the Huns who we see rampaging through cities all over Europe. I am so glad that yesterday we, Hibernian, as a support and as a club showed real respect and showed how much class we have, even when some may not have agreed with the timing of the occassion.

weecounty hibby
08-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Disgraceful.

Spike old boy, this is part of Skys agenda, they are desperate for the OF to play in England to increase revenue for Sky, so will do anything to make them look better than they are. We all know that both sides are absolute filth who you wouldn't wish upon your worst enemy because unfortunately we have had to suffer them for decades.

Part/Time Supporter
08-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Oh dear,

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Tony_Mowbray&oldid=324651239

Anthony Mark "Tony" Mowbray.(born 22 November 1963) is an English former professional football player, and is currently the manager of Celtic (hopefully not for much longer).

:tee hee:

Sir David Gray
08-11-2009, 03:25 PM

I understand some may think silencing the mics protects the familys & friends of those that are being remembered but I think we should be addressing the problem, not sweeping it under the carpet!

That is absolutely shameful and Celtic ought to make a public apology.

GFITW, you must be kidding. :bitchy:

Shame on Sky for silencing it and basically covering it up.

They are no better than Rangers, in fact I would personally say that is actually worse than anything Rangers fans have been accused of.

I wish the pair of them would leave Scotland and take their odious supporters with them. In fact I would quite gladly organise a couple of jumbo jets and dump them off in Belfast, Dublin or wherever else they would like to go.

I am so angry watching that.

Keith_M
08-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Oh no, here we go, the 'minority' argument strikes again!

So what!!! A football club where a minority sing IRA songs during a minutes silence? A game where Sky censored this by switching the sound off? In fact, not ONCE did the Sky cameras even pan over to the GFITW.

Mr Regan, if you're reading, DON'T come on here and try to defend your club or your fellow fans. We've heard enough and, like your typical Sellik fan, it just doesn't wash. Bog off to England, Ireland, Atlantis or wherever the h*ll you want and take you're sh*t*y football team with you.

hibbie02
08-11-2009, 03:37 PM

So what!!! A football club where a minority sing IRA songs during a minutes silence? A game where Sky censored this by switching the sound off? In fact, not ONCE did the Sky cameras even pan over to the GFITW.

Mr Regan, if you're reading, DON'T come on here and try to defend your club or your fellow fans. We've heard enough and, like your typical Sellik fan, it just doesn't wash. Bog off to England, Ireland, Atlantis or wherever the h*ll you want and take you're sh*t*y football team with you.

Where's the "I second that" smiley???

Haymaker
08-11-2009, 03:38 PM

mad giraffe
08-11-2009, 03:38 PM
that was disgraceful. "greatest supporters in the world"!!!

they are **** and should be hammered for this.

Bostonhibby
08-11-2009, 03:40 PM

Cheers Speedy, just watched it, filth pure and simple, why would the EPL want this lot harming their all important "brand" I wouldn't even let them on telly until they had sorted it out SKY and the BBC cow towing is feeding rather than curing the problem. Well done the Bairns fans for giving them a roasting. I don't see Celtic's problem with the Huns as they are both born of the same vile prejudice. Ashamed to be Scottish until the Falkirk Fans reminded me there are still plenty who aren't like the ugly sisters.

passionatehibby
08-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Disgraceful.

I think your starting to wake up bud. :wink: I always use alternative media outlets for my information & important news releases etc . You will be amazed at the amount of stories that go unreported in mainstream media, all because they have their own agenda on what the sheeple ,oops I mean people should believe.

I wont allow myself to be manipulated by the big media conglomerates such as fox,sky,cnn etc. But hey, that's another story for another thread/forum. :wink:

weecounty hibby
08-11-2009, 03:42 PM

But he will come on and defend it, it's the OF way, just like Rangers when their fans are rioting, "it wasnae us" Celtic will give it the "it's a minority and we don't want them at Parkhead" routine. That is nonsense and these people could easily be identified and banned but Celtic still pander to these clowns and perpetuate the myth that they are the down trodden etc etc see the Famine tributes for evidence

hibbie02
08-11-2009, 03:47 PM
that was disgraceful. "greatest supporters in the world"!!!

they are **** and should be hammered for this.

Much as I hate everything they and their Ugly Sister over in Ipox, I am not sure that they can be hammered for some of their fans showing disrespect, particularly in another Team's ground.

GloryGlory
08-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Disgraceful.

:agree: Do the ENGLISH premier league actually understand the nature of the organisation that is Celtc (sic) FC that wants and indeed demands membership.

Kojock
08-11-2009, 03:53 PM

If you want to learn exactly what the bigot brothers are all about then read the comments below the you tube video. :grr:

EDIT : Posted by someone calling themselves celtsno1

"200 wooden boxes came outta afganistan, wish it was 2000  tiocaidh ar la"

Sergey
08-11-2009, 04:00 PM
What amazes me is the fact that John Reid MP is witnessing the events unfold with his own eyes and ears.

This is a man with considerable political clout who could actually do something to eradicate these morons from attending matches. Will he do anything about it? Will he pheck.

weecounty hibby
08-11-2009, 04:04 PM
What amazes me is the fact that John Reid MP is witnessing the events unfold with his own eyes and ears.

This is a man with considerable political clout who could actually do something to eradicate these morons from attending matches. Will he do anything about it? Will he pheck.

The only way he will do anything about it is if it is a vote winner. Don't know where his constituency is but I'm guessing that it will be somewhere that dealing with these bigotted filth would probably not go down too well

Sylar
08-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Youtube is down for maintenance, being the reason!

the_ginger_hibee
08-11-2009, 04:09 PM
******s, ****, cretins.

If it's a 'handful' then why didn't the 'majority' boo and quickly hound them out?

Hope this gets the media coverage that any other OF related story gets. Not just from the huns for point scoring but from Scottish football as a whole.

Take your two pathetic football teams to ****!

Moulin Yarns
08-11-2009, 04:11 PM
First, well done to Falkirk for getting 3 goals against them

Second, I was listening to the BBC Scotland coverage. They said the ground was only about 2/3 full for the minutes silence but quickly filled up after kick off, so I assume majority of TGFITW refused to take part in the silence. There was also very clear 'sectarian' (FTQ & the UDA) singing coming over the radio, so I doubt it was outside the ground.

scu m :grr:

vanNISHtelroy
08-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Posted this to the contact us thing from earlier in thread:

"Is there any particular reason why the sound was muted during the minutes silence?

Could it be Sky can't afford to upset the "Greatest Fans in the World"?

By hiding what they do, you are part of the problem."

JackRegan
08-11-2009, 04:57 PM
I will wait until Jack comes along to tell us what really happened, before i make my mind up over this.:wink:

3 pages!!!

I actually think there are some on here who are DELIGHTED that there was singing during the silence.

Anyway, seeing as your normally a decent sort. Here's whit happened.

I got in the ground 10 minutes before k.o (I was bursting for a pee!), gets to my seat and notice that our end is pretty empty and realised that there were a lot of guys staying outside. Fair enough thought I, we'll get through the silence.

WRONG. During the silence I'd say our end was 2/3's full and those inside the ground respected it to a man, however the bams started singing Aiden McAnespie outside - probably about 100 of them - heard that some outside tried to get them to shut up (don't know but thats what I heard). Funny thing is, these away day provos have an average age of about 16, so will have no frame of reference when it comes down to what happened in Ireland. Yet again wee ****bag neds ruin it for the rest of us. Those of inside were stunned that these bams could be so stupid.

For the record, I am deeply suspicious about all these minutes silences and poppy watching going on amid a backdrop of a very unpopular war. Why all of a sudden are we having these when we never had them when there were WW1 veterans still alive?

Okay, I've said my bit, let the self righteous indignation, sanctimony and hand wringing continue. :wink:

Cameron1875
08-11-2009, 05:03 PM
For the record, I am deeply suspicious about all these minutes silences and poppy watching going on amid a backdrop of a very unpopular war. Why all of a sudden are we having these when we never had them when there were WW1 veterans still alive?

So there should be no minutes silence or tributes at football games because one club doesnt have the decency to observe it. sorry if i am wrong but did any other club have a problem showing a bit of respect. Think you should take a look at your club, celtic before you begin criticising the issue of paying tribute to the brave soldiers.

hibee_boy
08-11-2009, 05:05 PM
3 pages!!!

I actually think there are some on here who are DELIGHTED that there was singing during the silence.

I got in the ground 10 minutes before k.o (I was bursting for a pee!), gets to my seat and notice that our end is pretty empty and realised that there were a lot of guys staying outside. Fair enough thought I, we'll get through the silence.

WRONG. During the silence I'd say our end was 2/3's full and those inside the ground respected it to a man, however the bams started singing Aiden McAnespie outside - probably about 100 of them - heard that some outside tried to get them to shut up (don't know but thats what I heard). Funny thing is, these away day provos have an average age of about 16, so will have no frame of reference when it comes down to what happened in Ireland. Yet again wee ****bag neds ruin it for the rest of us. Those of inside were stunned that these bams could be so stupid.

Okay, I've said my bit, let the self righteous indignation, sanctimony and hand wringing continue. :wink:

point taken but its funny how every other ground in top flight british football managed to observe the silence. Utter vile football club.

JackRegan
08-11-2009, 05:07 PM
So there should be no minutes silence or tributes at football games because one club doesnt have the decency to observe it. sorry if i am wrong but did any other club have a problem showing a bit of respect. Think you should take a look at your club, celtic before you begin criticising the issue of paying tribute to the brave soldiers.

Nothing to do with celtic in isolation, like others have said on here, why have we just started doing these? Why was there none at the Rugby or the Horse Racing? Did shopping centres fall silent today???

What about Man Utd refusing to have a poppy on their strip? Is that disrespectful?

joe breezy
08-11-2009, 05:09 PM
From Kerrydale Street

"I just feel uneasy these days at away matches sometimes if i am being honest if i take some friends or my girlfriend who don't go week in week out. I just don't enjoy them hearing things like IRA this, IRA that, orange folk this etc and what does it have to do with celtic and makes people who don't go to the games must think that we really are the other side of the old firm coin we claim and keep trying to show we aren't.

Remember going to the 0-0 game at Inverness last season when the first 25 minutes felt like a republican concert and it even makes me feel uneasy. I love celtic as much as anyone and i just find it so depressing that people think we care about hearing about all this crap. ."

"unfortunately the fact of the matter is that our away support is riddled with fools and gob*****s."

JackRegan
08-11-2009, 05:09 PM
point taken but its funny how every other ground in top flight british football managed to observe the silence. Utter vile football club.

Would say a football club with a section of vile fans is nearer the point. But at least you get to feel all superior. You should probably thank the bams who sung, for it. :agree:

I Love Lamp
08-11-2009, 05:12 PM
The only way he will do anything about it is if it is a vote winner. Don't know where his constituency is but I'm guessing that it will be somewhere that dealing with these bigotted filth would probably not go down too well

Airdrie & Shotts so kind of half and half.

He's standing down from Parliament at the next election so there would be NOTHING stopping him taking a stand on this.

Except he seems to be prefer to defend the indefensible rather than stand up for principle. He was Defence Sec too so you would think that would provide added impetus.

So Celtic say "at least we behave abroad" while Rangers say "at least we give a good minute's silence for the troops"; what it doesn't cover up is that both of them have large elements of **** in their support which they are unprepared to do anything about because they don't want to find out just how large it is.

JackRegan
08-11-2009, 05:12 PM
From Kerrydale Street

"I just feel uneasy these days at away matches sometimes if i am being honest if i take some friends or my girlfriend who don't go week in week out. I just don't enjoy them hearing things like IRA this, IRA that, orange folk this etc and what does it have to do with celtic and makes people who don't go to the games must think that we really are the other side of the old firm coin we claim and keep trying to show we aren't.

Remember going to the 0-0 game at Inverness last season when the first 25 minutes felt like a republican concert and it even makes me feel uneasy. I love celtic as much as anyone and i just find it so depressing that people think we care about hearing about all this crap. ."

"unfortunately the fact of the matter is that our away support is riddled with fools and gob*****s."

Joe, I think you will agree that this echos the sentiments I have expressed on here many times.

Celtic have an element who are braindead yet think they are being all intellectual and Political, in fact Celtic has become a side issue for these rodents

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Nothing to do with celtic in isolation, like others have said on here, why have we just started doing these? Why was there none at the Rugby or the Horse Racing? Did shopping centres fall silent today???

What about Man Utd refusing to have a poppy on their strip? Is that disrespectful?

Did horse fans sing IRA songs outside haydock park yesterday? Were Man United fans disrespectful during the minutes silence today? Will there be sellick people abusing the minutes silence on the 11th?

JackRegan
08-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Airdrie & Shotts so kind of half and half.

He's standing down from Parliament at the next election so there would be NOTHING stopping him taking a stand on this.

Except he seems to be prefer to defend the indefensible rather than stand up for principle. He was Defence Sec too so you would think that would provide added impetus.

So Celtic say "at least we behave abroad" while Rangers say "at least we give a good minute's silence for the troops"; what it doesn't cover up is that both of them have large elements of **** in their support which they are unprepared to do anything about because they don't want to find out just how large it is.

The club know exactly who these individuals are - their names, addresses, what games they've been at, what bus the travel on and where they sit in the ground. 5 or 6 have been banned.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2009, 05:18 PM
The club know exactly who these individuals are - their names, addresses, what games they've been at, what bus the travel on and where they sit in the ground. 5 or 6 have been banned.

The club dont want to do anything about it, you have the proof there in your post.

JackRegan
08-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Did horse fans sing IRA songs outside haydock park yesterday? Were Man United fans disrespectful during the minutes silence today? Will there be sellick people abusing the minutes silence on the 11th?

They were not racing at Haydock yesterday. :wink:

I'm not excusing what these guys done - if you had a brain you would have noticed that. My point was that I am suspicious of the whole introduction of minutes silences, the poppy watching and the forced "remembrance".

These are sentiments which have been expressed in various national newspapers and on TV and Radio.

BTW I say this as someone who has actually went to remembrance services. If you want to remember the war dead - do it a ceremony, not at the football.

Kojock
08-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Had the misfortune to be in Tullys Bar in Motherwell a few seasons back. Hibs were playing Motherwell and Celtic were at home and the place was crammed with Celtic supporters.

There was a guy playing a guitar and singing Republican songs, every song ended with FTQ or God Bless the IRA.

99% of the pub were singing at the top of their voices, this included children as young as 7 or 8 who knew every single word to every song, very sad indeed.

JackRegan
08-11-2009, 05:20 PM
The club dont want to do anything about it, you have the proof there in your post.

I think they do. They are forever complaining now about being harassed. Antifa who posts on here will back this up.

JackRegan
08-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Had the misfortune to be in Tullys Bar in Motherwell a few seasons back. Hibs were playing Motherwell and Celtic were at home and the place was crammed with Celtic supporters.

There was a guy playing a guitar and singing Republican songs, every song ended with FTQ or God Bless the IRA.

99% of the pub were singing at the top of their voices, this included children as young as 7 or 8 who knew every single word to every song, very sad indeed.

You must have loved the feeling of superiority it gave you though, No?

hibiedude
08-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Its the first time of seeing Hamish link and like all decent thinking people its shocking and can't be justified in my opinion. The old firms actions this week is just typical of what these half-wits have been getting away with for years.

As in most cases its the minority that spoil it for the majority and lets see what the Glasgow's press take is on it tomorrow.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2009, 05:28 PM
They were not racing at Haydock yesterday. :wink:

I'm not excusing what these guys done - if you had a brain you would have noticed that. My point was that I am suspicious of the whole introduction of minutes silences, the poppy watching and the forced "remembrance".

These are sentiments which have been expressed in various national newspapers and on TV and Radio.

BTW I say this as someone who has actually went to remembrance services. If you want to remember the war dead - do it a ceremony, not at the football.

I did notice that, I also will pay my respect to any minutes silence, whether its at a church, a football match, or a car wash. Its just decent and respectful, something your clubs fans couldn't do, and more importantly wouldn't do on purpose.:bitchy: And while you say on one hand you condone their action, you kind of try and make an excuse for it, with your forced remembrance quote. You cant seem to help yourself, can you?

Spike Mandela
08-11-2009, 05:29 PM

Always found it strange that this bastion of socialism and Labour troubleshooter should morph into the Chairman of a 'business' like Celtic.

He then forgets about spreading the wealth and socialist ideology and adopts the 'I'm alright Jack' attitude and wants to **** off with that other bastion of social justice the Govanites and doesn't give a **** about the rest of us.

The man's a grade A hypocrite. He will likely pay lip service to condemning this then continue to profit from the sectarian shilling:grr:

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2009, 05:30 PM
I think they do. They are forever complaining now about being harassed. Antifa who posts on here will back this up.

Harrased :faf: Why dont they just ban them?:confused:

WindyMiller
08-11-2009, 05:31 PM

The wife tells me there was minutes silence in IKEA preceded by Laurence Binyons "We will remember them" and the bells live from the Cenotaph.

Doubt that would be played in the "Forge" though.

The Green Goblin
08-11-2009, 05:31 PM
3 pages!!!

Aye, that`s right, we were all sitting by our tvs hoping and praying that your fans would ruin the silence for the dead, just so we could justify having a go at you. Pathetic deflecting. Get over yourself.

Yet again wee ****bag neds ruin it for the rest of us. Those of inside were stunned that these bams could be so stupid.

It must have fair broken all your wee oirish hearts right enough. Damn that annoying minority yet again, how do they manage to find their way into every Celtic game, but thank goodness Celtic as a club don`t actually have a problem.

Yup, it`s the government`s fault. It`s the SFA`s fault. It`s the journo`s fault. It`s the SPL`s fault. It`s the huns fault. But once again, for the millionth time, it`s not Celtic`s fault. I too am suspicious that the tradition of holding a minute`s silence for our ancestors who fought fascism etc. in large public gatherings is upheld. Why don`t you just admit the truth for once?

Winking smiley or not Jack, I found this post appalling, as you probably figured out by now from my response. Only someone in total denial about the the deeply distasteful nature of their own club would call the angry reaction to the wrecking of the Remembrance silence sanctimonious and self-righteous. Terrible post.

GG

JackRegan
08-11-2009, 05:34 PM
I did notice that, I also will pay my respect to any minutes silence, whether its at a church, a football match, or a car wash. Its just decent and respectful, something your clubs fans couldn't do, and more importantly wouldn't do on purpose.:bitchy: And while you say on one hand you condone their action, you kind of try and make an excuse for it, with your forced remembrance quote. You cant seem to help yourself, can you?

I assume you mean condemn?

My view on remembrance is shared by many on here, has nothing to do with my support of Celtic and has been put across on BBC Radio 2, Radio 4, The Guardian, The Independant, The Times and The Herald among other. Its a valid pint of view.

Like i said, I think you, like others, are secretly delighted that 100 or so fans, waited outside and sung throughout the minutes silence.

Keith_M
08-11-2009, 05:37 PM

My view on remembrance is shared by many on here, has nothing to do with my support of Celtic and has been put across on BBC Radio 2, Radio 4, The Guardian, The Independant, The Times and The Herald among other. Its a valid pint of view.

Like i said, I think you, like others, are secretly delighted that 100 or so fans, waited outside and sung throughout the minutes silence.

Are you still here?

I'm not normally impolite to other posters but why don't you just p*ss Aff!

JackRegan
08-11-2009, 05:37 PM
GG

What a lot of *****.

I never one said it was anyone elses fault. Its as clear as day that some on here are delighted at what happened - its got a 3 page thread FFS!!

Lastly, cursory glance at any Celtic messageboard will tell you that these bams pissed us off no end. But hey thats does not suit your agenda.

JackRegan
08-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Are you still here?

I'm not normally impolite to other posters but why don't you just p*ss Aff!

Still here. Now about the points I raised?

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2009, 05:38 PM

Yes sorry, condemn. Personally i am delighted you are again on here, defending the undefendable. Your club could get rid of these people if they wanted. Your club does not want to, i wonder why?

JackRegan
08-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Yes sorry, condemn. Personally i am delighted you are again on here, defending the undefendable. Your club could get rid of these people if they wanted. Your club does not want to, i wonder why?

Where have I defended these guys?

lapsedhibee
08-11-2009, 05:42 PM
I also will pay my respect to any minutes silence, whether its at a church, a football match, or a car wash.

Just dinnae, unless you're alluding to a return to the (genuinely) good old days when everyone stopped whatever they were doing wherever they were doing it at 11 on the 11th for two minutes as an act of respect. I don't want to try and fill up with petrol at 3pm on Saturday the 13th next year and find that someone has switched the pump off because I'm not wearing a poppy.

The Green Goblin
08-11-2009, 05:42 PM
What a lot of *****.

I never one said it was anyone elses fault. Its as clear as day that some on here are delighted at what happened - its got a 3 page thread FFS!!

Lastly, cursory glance at any Celtic messageboard will tell you that these bams pissed us off no end. But hey thats does not suit your agenda.

It`s got a 3 page thread because once again your fans` disgusting behaviour has got people very angry.

The only agenda here is the one that infects your club, the one you always claim doesn`t exist yet which you constantly find yourself defending.

GG

joe breezy
08-11-2009, 05:44 PM
It`s got a 3 page thread because once again your fans` disgusting behaviour has got people very angry.

The only agenda here is the one that infects your club, the one you always claim doesn`t exist yet which you constantly find yourself defending.

GG

Some people mustn't be reading what Jack has written. He's not defended these people at all

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Where have I defended these guys?

By trying to deflect the blame on politicians, the SFA, in fact anyone else, bar the people who support your team and represent your club. Why dont you condemn the people who run your club for doing nothing apart from harrasing them, :faf: about it. 5 or 6 token bans means diddly squat.

Hibs90
What a lot of *****.

Wow...3 pages...

Who really cares if this thread is 3 pages?

The Green Goblin
Some people mustn't be reading what Jack has written. He's not defended these people at all

and you must be one of them, unless you think i`m on here arguing because i was `delighted` celtic fans once again showed their true colours.

GG

JackRegan
08-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Harrased :faf: Why dont they just ban them?:confused:

They've ejected them a fair bit and banned some. Why don't they ban them? Many reasons: Proof, Bad Publicity, Cash.

JackRegan
08-11-2009, 05:49 PM
By trying to deflect the blame on politicians, the SFA, in fact anyone else, bar the people who support your team and represent your club. Why dont you condemn the people who run your club for doing nothing apart from harrasing them, :faf: about it. 5 or 6 token bans means diddly squat.

SO were the hibs fans discussing this last week, expressing the same sentiments as me doing it to deflect these actions?

Part/Time Supporter
08-11-2009, 05:49 PM
3 pages!!!

I think it's a little bit disingenuous to suggest that it's just a bunch of wee neds whodunnit.

Anyway Jack, what's your thoughts on Liam Miller winning the SPL player of the month award?

:stirrer:

Westie1875
08-11-2009, 05:51 PM
What a lot of *****.

If you don't like it then you know what to do :bye:

No-one here is delighted, get a grip and stop trying to deflect from the point by calling everyone self righteous etc. You're just trying to stir it.

JackRegan
08-11-2009, 05:51 PM
I think it's a little bit disingenuous to suggest that it's just a bunch of wee neds whodunnit.

Anyway Jack, what's your thoughts on Liam Miller winning the SPL player of the month award?

:stirrer:

Suppose so, there were plenty of older bigger neds involved, although they were too clever to do the deed themselves, they certainly had there paws all over it.

Liam Miller - Genuinely pleased for the guy, I'm not bitter towards him at all.

joe breezy
08-11-2009, 05:53 PM
and you must be one of them, unless you think i`m on here arguing because i was `delighted` celtic fans once again showed their true colours.

GG

Maybe some people don't know people who support other football teams. I do and I know lots of Celtic fans who hate the sizeable element at away games who sing IRA songs. The guys I know won't go to away games because of it.

But I didn't see Jack Regan defend the singing the rebel song during the silence today. That's all

FWIW I hate Celtic Rangers and Hearts and if Celtic closed tomorrow I wouldn't be bothered.

Just don't see the point in going on about something that doesn't represent all Celtic fans. Most football supports contain a large amount of idiots.

Due to the baggage of Rangers and Celtic they harbour a much larger proportion than most other clubs but they're not all the same

Kojock
08-11-2009, 05:57 PM

Superiority - no

Disgust - yes

At least the Rangers fans admit they are bigots while your mob insist they are singing about history - pathetic.

Old Firm = Scotlands shame

JackRegan
08-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Superiority - no

Disgust - yes

At least the Rangers fans admit they are bigots while your mob insist they are singing about history - pathetic.

Old Firm = Scotlands shame

Do they?? Missed that.

joe breezy
08-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Do they?? Missed that.

Celtic fans definitely think they're the 'good guys' a million miles removed from the Huns. Everyone else in Scotland sees Rangers and Celtic as 2 sides of the same coin

Kojock
08-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Yep you obviously did miss it. Rangers fans are openly bigoted and in fact seem to be quite proud of the fact where as Celtic are a lot more sinister about it all.

lapsedhibee
08-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Celtic fans definitely think they're the 'good guys' a million miles removed from the Huns. Everyone else in Scotland sees Rangers and Celtic as 2 sides of the same coin

Dunno about that. Think Huns also see themselves as the good guys. A Hun once tried to convince me that Celtc's sectarian problem was much worse than the Huns' because at the time the composition of their board was disproportionately Catholic measured against the general population. What he seemed to genuinely believe was that if the Huns' board was (say) ten Protestant gentlemen and the Celtc board was (say) ten Catholic gentlemen and the general population of the greater Glasgow area was (say) 60% Protestant and 40% Catholic, this was proof that Celtc were a more sectarian club - because their board was more disproportionately Catholic than the Huns' board was disproportionately Protestant. He had a university degree and was training to be a schoolteacher, and he was apparently quite happy with his 'reasoning'.

Kojock
08-11-2009, 06:13 PM
He had a university degree and was training to be a schoolteacher, and he was apparently quite happy with his 'reasoning'.

Donald Findlay is apparently very intelligent as well - frightening really.

joe breezy
08-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Dunno about that. Think Huns also see themselves as the good guys. A Hun once tried to convince me that Celtc's sectarian problem was much worse than the Huns' because at the time the composition of their board was disproportionately Catholic measured against the general population. What he seemed to genuinely believe was that if the Huns' board was (say) ten Protestant gentlemen and the Celtc board was (say) ten Catholic gentlemen and the general population of the greater Glasgow area was (say) 60% Protestant and 40% Catholic, this was proof that Celtc were a more sectarian club. Because their board was more disproportionately Catholic than the Huns' board was disproportionately Protestant. He had a university degree and was training to be a schoolteacher, and he was apparently quite happy with his 'reasoning'.

I suppose it depends who you know - most of the Rangers fans I've known have enjoyed the 'no-one likes us' thing.

Some of them have said to me they like the Rule Britannia / sectarian stuff cos it winds everyone else up and some have told me 'aye I'm a bigot'

All the Celtic fans I know really believe they're the good guys in all this

greenlex
08-11-2009, 06:18 PM
They've ejected them a fair bit and banned some. Why don't they ban them? Many reasons: Proof, Bad Publicity, Cash.
So are you happy that your club thinks banning the perpetrators of sectarianism would be seen as bad publicity or that they think sectarianism is OK if it brings in the cash? :confused:
Celtic could do a lot more than they do. You know it and so do we.
The other half of the Old Firm are just as culpable

JackRegan
08-11-2009, 06:24 PM
So are you happy that your club thinks banning the perpetrators of sectarianism would be seen as bad publicity or that they think sectarianism is OK if it brings in the cash? :confused:
Celtic could do a lot more than they do. You know it and so do we.
The other half of the Old Firm are just as culpable

TO be honest I'd like the club to bite the bullet and ban them all. When it gets to the stage of a group of hardcore ****bags, using the club to promote their Wolfie SMith brand of politics and intimidate other celtic fans, to the point of putting guys off from going to away games, then something has to be done.

They are genuinely putting guys off from going to away games. Lawwell has to act.

--------
08-11-2009, 06:24 PM
3 pages!!!

I suspect you're right there, Jack. :agree:

Something someone once said about casting the first stone comes to mind here, and about specks of dust and planks of wood and eyes? Maybe not.

I agree with you about the sudden proliferation of Acts of Remembrance recently - I believe we should be remembering the war dead from the last hundred years, though my preference would be that we remember them without glorifying war and without using the concept of remembrance as a cloak for an unpopular war in Afghanistan and the IMO illegal war in and occupation of Iraq.

I have the highest respect for the soldiers who do a difficult and dangerous job in circumstances over which they have little or no control, for very little in the way of thanks. I have very little respect for the fat politicians who so often set the agenda without any reference whatsoever for morality, ethics, or international law.

Toaods
08-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Lawwell has to act.

:faf:..that man's a complete tosspot.

ancient hibee
08-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Dunno about that. Think Huns also see themselves as the good guys. A Hun once tried to convince me that Celtc's sectarian problem was much worse than the Huns' because at the time the composition of their board was disproportionately Catholic measured against the general population. What he seemed to genuinely believe was that if the Huns' board was (say) ten Protestant gentlemen and the Celtc board was (say) ten Catholic gentlemen and the general population of the greater Glasgow area was (say) 60% Protestant and 40% Catholic, this was proof that Celtc were a more sectarian club - because their board was more disproportionately Catholic than the Huns' board was disproportionately Protestant. He had a university degree and was training to be a schoolteacher, and he was apparently quite happy with his 'reasoning'.
Just run that past me again would you:greengrin

lapsedhibee
08-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Just run that past me again would you:greengrin

Ok. To be non-sectarian boards, Celtc and Rongers should both have included 60% Protestants. The Huns missed that target by 40% and Celtc missed by 60%, therefore Celtc were more sectarian. :agree: :bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2009, 06:52 PM
SO were the hibs fans discussing this last week, expressing the same sentiments as me doing it to deflect these actions?

No, they were talking about it last week, and i'm pretty sure if we had made a **** up of our minutes silence, not one would be on this site using it as an excuse for their actions.

Killiehibbie
08-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Problem is celtic and rangers whole tradition is based on bigotry take that away and their 'worldwide' appeal disappears and what they got left to market? Not an awful lot.

Mr Magoo
08-11-2009, 07:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc5ZS3QRJ7Q

Celtic are are total disgrace along with the other side of the fence Rangers. Scotlands finest are a bunch of biggoted tossers.....................

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2009, 07:15 PM

There's a few people in Ireland who kind of think that the British were an occupying power and that there army was a tool of oppression.

I don't know what that has to do with the Tic though. (I do, I do). I really don't (I do really).

McD
08-11-2009, 07:41 PM
I respect every silence, anything less is disrespectful and disgusting. The fallen and wounded men and women of these shores (and beyond) gave up their lives to allow us to live in the freedom their sacrifices provided. That includes the celtic fans who live within the borders of Great Britain. I find it ironic that they abuse the remembrance ceremonies for the fallen of this country, but yet they dont find it hypocritical to live here.

Celtic constantly play the victim card. These celtic "fans" (the ones who cannot show respect) condemn the actions of the British army in Ireland (I dont know enough abt it all to pass comment but I am prepared to believe that the army were not as pure as the driven snow), but yet are silent if not vocally supportive of the IRA, who have killed many innocents also. The hypocracy stinks. And rangers are no better.

I dont care where anyone comes from, it is a matter of common decency to show some respect in such situations.

Using the same warped logic as this bunch of cretins, people of the more extreme rangers/british way of thinking are equally entitled to be disrespectful/offensive to the memories of the irish people who died during the troubles, since they did not have the same views as them.

Brizo
08-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Maybe some people don't know people who support other football teams. I do and I know lots of Celtic fans who hate the sizeable element at away games who sing IRA songs. The guys I know won't go to away games because of it.
But I didn't see Jack Regan defend the singing the rebel song during the silence today. That's all

FWIW I hate Celtic Rangers and Hearts and if Celtic closed tomorrow I wouldn't be bothered.

Just don't see the point in going on about something that doesn't represent all Celtic fans. Most football supports contain a large amount of idiots.

Due to the baggage of Rangers and Celtic they harbour a much larger proportion than most other clubs but they're not all the same

:agree:

To add to Joes comment above , a couple of my best mates since childhood are Celtc supporters who both served in the Army. They told me they served alongside loads of other Tic fans and im reliably informed there are loads of Tic fans currently serving in Afgananistan and Iraq. Which flies in the face of the stereotype that all Celtc supporters are armchair provos.

My ex Army Celtc mates and other Celtc mates hate all the up the Ra nonsense that comes from the hardcore away ned Celtc support but away from home these pondlife are apparently in the majority .... its probably the way we feel in a pub full of neds singing the Embra song .... you want to shout them down but arent convinced your fellow hibbies will back you up or will just stare down into their pints.

The Celtc and Rangers away ned elements arent representative of the whole OF supports just as our cashie ned element arent representative of the whole Hibs support. It could be argued that the only difference between their idiots and ours are the numbers involved and the subject matter.

marinello59
08-11-2009, 08:01 PM
3 pages!!!

Jack, I think you have downplayed the extent of the problem that Celtic have but I basically agree with what you say. The "away day provos" hits the nail right on the head for me, ignorant people singing songs about things they just don't understand. You see the same in towns and villages up and down Scotland from supporters of both sides of the Old Firm.
And you are right, there are people that will be delighted that Celtic fans disrupted the silence today just as there would be those that would have been disappointed if the silence had been perfectly observed.

joe breezy
08-11-2009, 08:04 PM
There's a few people in Ireland who kind of think that the British were an occupying power and that there army was a tool of oppression.

I don't know what that has to do with the Tic though. (I do, I do). I really don't (I do really).

Still doesn't make sense though eh. The way I understand it the silence is for all people who have died in conflicts, especially the First World War but all since too. Lots of Irish died and a few Celtic players too as detailed on the Celtic web-site.

joe breezy
08-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Jack, I think you have downplayed the extent of the problem that Celtic have but I basically agree with what you say. The "away day provos" hits the nail right on the head for me, ignorant people singing songs about things they just don't understand. You see the same in towns and villages up and down Scotland from supporters of both sides of the Old Firm.
And you are right, there are people that will be delighted that Celtic fans disrupted the silence today just as there would be those that would have been disappointed if the silence had been perfectly observed.

Yes, Rangers fans will be loving all the 'Scotland's Shame' stuff they can now type and try and take some flack from their own fans behaviour in Europe.

I'm very glad there wasn't any Hibs songs outside Tynecastle just before kick off yesterday as you can only imagine the fuss they would make on Keekback.

jon_snows_tie
08-11-2009, 08:09 PM
dont know if this has been posted on this already, apoligies if it has

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5y2-U6Ll1Q

also scotlands shame

heretoday
08-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Celtic and Rangers people are basically the same. They love to cause offence and they love to take offence.

Danderhall Hibs
08-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Yep you obviously did miss it. Rangers fans are openly bigoted and in fact seem to be quite proud of the fact where as Celtic are a lot more sinister about it all.

:agree: I said the same last time we had a Celtic/Jack Reagan bashing thread on here.

Celtic fans defend the indefensible, Rangers fans know they're a bunch of James Blunts so don't bother.

ancient hibee
08-11-2009, 08:20 PM
:agree: I said the same last time we had a Celtic/Jack Reagan bashing thread on here.

Celtic fans defend the indefensible, Rangers fans know they're a bunch of James Blunts so don't bother.

I think you're wrong-Rangers fans think they're RIGHT.

weecounty hibby
08-11-2009, 08:24 PM

We were discussing it and there was a fair number on here who disagree with it, but and here is the thing you and your Celtic minded pals don't seem to grasp, there is disagreeing and being completely moronic, vile, disgusting, disrespectful(please add in any other adjectives that suit) like your fans today.
For a club that "knows their history" their are more than a few of you who have no idea about anything really. Thousands of Irish died in the first world war there was no North and South when it began, so they are being disrespectful to the people they would love to be, Irish I mean not dead soldiers. I would bet that most of these idiots are Scottish, some may have Irish ancestry but a lot will have no ties to Ireland except for this ill concieved notion that supporting Celtic means you must be a wannabe Irishman.
Hibernian - Discussion and some disagreement then impeccably observed minutes silence = Class
Celtic - Discussion, hatred, bigotry, embarrasingly disrespectful minutes silence = No class whatsoever

One Day Soon
08-11-2009, 10:30 PM
3 pages!!!

There were 3 pages, 4 now, because what was observed was really vile. Really, why would it surprise you that there would be such a response on this? Go look at Brokebank and you will find the same reaction, the Falkirk fans made their views clear at the time and Sky were sufficiently embarassed/sensitive/wired into the Ugly Sisters agenda that they actually censored it 1984-style.

Your bit on the silences is just paranoid, delusional rubbish. Do you seriously think there is some pan-agency conspiracy to have more Remembrance silences in order to justify present wars? Even if you do it in no way justifies the behaviour of those in your support today who behaved so appallingly. Many on here (I'm not one of them) thought that a silence yesterday was not necessary - but they didn't then publicly pi55 on the memory of fallen service men and women. In fact your raising it in this way substantially undermines your arguments in which you clearly attempt to distance yourself and others from the behaviour of this 'minority'. Why mention it at all in this context unless you are trying to use it as a mitigating justification for the behaviour that took place?

Every time you come on here to defend your club it's the weasel worded football version of 'the dog ate my homework' or 'a big boy did it and ran away'. I would have some respect for your two clubs if a) you both stopped your rioting fans from travelling, b) you started systematically imposing lifetime bans on a weekly basis for any fans caught engaging in the sectarian stuff and c) you started to show some committment to Scottish football collectively rather than avariciously looking out exclusively for your own interests as you have since your inception.

Your fundamental problem is that the two clubs you support - Celtc and Rangers - have a business model which is founded upon an inflated pan-Scotland and Ireland fan base which exists because the clubs are rooted in sectarianism. Take the the sectarian context away and your number one commercial driver - the hatred of one another's religion and attendant mindless division - is gone. You know it, we know it, Sky know it and the rest of the world knows it.

The Greatest Fans In The World? My ar5e. You're like the warring drug dealers on the scheme - everyone else just wants you both to leave.

wee 162
08-11-2009, 10:41 PM
There were 3 pages, 4 now, because what was observed was really vile. Really, why would it surprise you that there would be such a response on this? Go look at Brokebank and you will find the same reaction, the Falkirk fans made their views clear at the time and Sky were sufficiently embarassed/sensitive/wired into the Ugly Sisters agenda that they actually censored it 1984-style.

Your bit on the silences is just paranoid, delusional rubbish. Do you seriously think there is some pan-agency conspiracy to have more Remembrance silences in order to justify present wars? Even if you do it in no way justifies the behaviour of those in your support today who behaved so appallingly. Many on here (I'm not one of them) thought that a silence yesterday was not necessary - but they didn't then publicly pi55 on the memory of fallen service men and women. In fact your raising it in this way substantially undermines your arguments in which you clearly attempt to distance yourself and others from the behaviour of this 'minority'. Why mention it at all in this context unless you are trying to use it as a mitigating justification for the behaviour that took place?

Every time you come on here to defend your club it's the weasel worded football version of 'the dog ate my homework' or 'a big boy did it and ran away'. I would have some respect for your two clubs if a) you both stopped your rioting fans from travelling, b) you started systematically imposing lifetime bans on a weekly basis for any fans caught engaging in the sectarian stuff and c) you started to show some committment to Scottish football collectively rather than avariciously looking out exclusively for your own interests as you have since your inception.

Your fundamental problem is that the two clubs you support - Celtc and Rangers - have a business model which is founded upon an inflated pan-Scotland and Ireland fan base which exists because the clubs are rooted in sectarianism. Take the the sectarian context away and your number one commercial driver - the hatred of one another's religion and attendant mindless division - is gone. You know it, we know it, Sky know it and the rest of the world knows it.

The Greatest Fans In The World? My ar5e. You're like the warring drug dealers on the scheme - everyone else just wants you both to leave.

Does anyone believe that isn't the exact reason why it's happening?

IndieHibby
08-11-2009, 10:41 PM
I think your starting to wake up bud. :wink: I always use alternative media outlets for my information & important news releases etc . You will be amazed at the amount of stories that go unreported in mainstream media, all because they have their own agenda on what the sheeple ,oops I mean people should believe.

I wont allow myself to be manipulated by the big media conglomerates such as fox,sky,cnn etc. But hey, that's another story for another thread/forum. :wink:

Start it with some recommended links.

marinello59
08-11-2009, 10:43 PM

In order to play devils Advocate here (JackRegan being the devil:greengrin) the same argument was used by some on here regarding yesterdays minutes silence. Those inside falkirk stadium today (Jack included) observed the silence. The disruption came from outside he stadium from people that Jack has rightly condemned.

One Day Soon
08-11-2009, 10:57 PM
In order to play devils Advocate here (JackRegan being the devil:greengrin) the same argument was used by some on here regarding yesterdays minutes silence. Those inside falkirk stadium today (Jack included) observed the silence. The disruption came from outside he stadium from people that Jack has rightly condemned.

Great, he condemned them and then effectively suggested that it only happened because of some conspiracy to hold silences. The difference is we held a healthy debate and then behaved properly.

The Ugly Sisters have a permanent condition which they are failing to properly acknowledge and effectively confront (CCTV anyone?). It doesn't matter how many 'nice' apologists like Jack come on here attempting to play down the the issue by minimising its scale, it is still being allowed to continue. You know, it wouldn't be half as bad if they stuck to justifying the status quo among themselves, it is the attempt to inveigle the rest of us into an acceptance that its just a bit of a localised thing that really winds me up.

And this is just the Sectarianism - if you really want to get me started move on to what I think about their parasitical relationship to Scottish football purely in the context of the game itself.

marinello59
08-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Great, he condemned them and then effectively suggested that it only happened because of some conspiracy to hold silences. The difference is we held a healthy debate and then behaved properly.

The Ugly Sisters have a permanent condition which they are failing to properly acknowledge and effectively confront (CCTV anyone?). It doesn't matter how many 'nice' apologists like Jack come on here attempting to play down the the issue by minimising its scale, it is still being allowed to continue. You know, it wouldn't be half as bad if they stuck to justifying the status quo among themselves, it is the attempt to inveigle the rest of us into an acceptance that its just a bit of a localised thing that really winds me up.

And this is just the Sectarianism - if you really want to get me started move on to what I think about their parasitical relationship to Scottish football purely in the context of the game itself.

I didn't read Jacks post as offering anything up as an excuse for some Celtic fans behaviour. Basically it was inexcusable anyway.
I don't disagree with the rest of your post though.

One Day Soon
08-11-2009, 11:04 PM

Me. Maybe you can outline how such a conspiracy would be organised?

I think the altogether more prosaic and rational explanation, that 1. a range of institutions want to honour sacrifices made by those who just serve when others decide and 2. a range of institutions want to help raise funds for them, makes more sense - but then that's much less fun than "it's an illegal war" etc.

I suppose that pacifist Swedish-owned IKEA could be a part of some war mongering militaristic conspiracy too seeing as they held a Remembrance silence, but I doubt it.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2009, 11:06 PM

Those that did not observe the silence did eventually come in though, still celtic fans, INSIDE/OUTSIDE whats the difference? Still ****. Plus, we only have Jacks word on this, from what i heard i have my doubts.

Steve-O
09-11-2009, 06:54 AM
Celtic are d!cks but it's time to stop these minute's silences IMO.

All they do is create controversy and I think they are unnecessary. If it's an old Hibs player or whatever, fair enough, but minutes silences for every event where more than 10 people are killed is just too far. Nothing to do with football and those who want to pay their respects can (and will) do other things than stand in silence (or not) at a football match for a minute.

IWasThere2016
09-11-2009, 07:09 AM
Cellic fans are ****. Whether inside or ootside a stadium :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
09-11-2009, 12:00 PM
I think we are missing a bit part of the story here, it seems all the singing was done outside NOT inside the stadium.I think or would hope that all the decent fans would have shut these guys up inside the stadium if they had started.Not all Celtic fans are provo lovin,queen hatin morons.Give them a bit of credit.

Phil MaGlass
09-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Just to add

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8347426.stm

Looks like alot of work has been done at Parkhead,but it doesnt seem to be mentioned too often.
compare that to the buns,police heavy handedness led to all their troubles?

lapsedhibee
09-11-2009, 12:16 PM

Gotta admire the well-organised Hamburger wind-up in that photae.

Phil MaGlass
09-11-2009, 12:18 PM
First thing I thought was, f,n hell thats impressive.

Sergey
09-11-2009, 12:38 PM

I'm going to disagree.

On the footage of the incident that appears earlier in the thread (the Arabic station) the singing is clearly audible and is being picked up by the microphones. Microphones that are strategically placed inside the ground.

That singing didn't sound as if it was coming from afar. IMO, it was taking place inside the ground close to a fixed microphone.

I think Jack is buttering this up to deflect the blame and save face.

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2009, 12:41 PM
I think we are missing a bit part of the story here, it seems all the singing was done outside NOT inside the stadium.I think or would hope that all the decent fans would have shut these guys up inside the stadium if they had started.Not all Celtic fans are provo lovin,queen hatin morons.Give them a bit of credit.

Inside/outside, whats the difference?

Sir David Gray
09-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Just to add

Looks like alot of work has been done at Parkhead,but it doesnt seem to be mentioned too often.
compare that to the buns,police heavy handedness led to all their troubles?

So because they didn't react to Hamburg fans creating a large Union Flag display with "No Surrender" under it, they are praised for their behaviour? :confused:

I'm sorry but I wouldn't expect any normal person to get so het up about something like that, that they end up rioting.

If we are in Europe next season and our opponents make a large display in support of Hearts to try and wind us up, I wouldn't expect any of our fans to start becoming violent and riot with the local police force etc. and I wouldn't expect to get any praise for our restraint, either.

In terms of your previous post, you are correct to say that not all Celtic fans are "provo lovin, queen hatin morons", I think the majority of Celtic fans would quite gladly observe a minute's silence at Remembrance time. However, Celtic cannot deny that they have a large, and very vocal, number of supporters (particularly at away games), who are "provo lovin, queen hatin morons" and yesterday they brought shame upon their club.

I don't think it matters too much whether these people were inside or outside the ground at the time. They were, without question, Celtic supporters who obviously had tickets for the game as the numbers in the away end by the time the game had kicked off had risen quite considerably in comparison with how many had been there during the silence only a few minutes earlier.

It will be interesting to see what Celtic say in response to all of this. They were quick enough to put up an article on the official Celtic website praising their fans for their good behaviour in Hamburg last week, so I think it's only right that they condemn the despicable behaviour from yesterday.

Bad Martini
09-11-2009, 12:49 PM

All they do is create controversy and I think they are unnecessary. If it's an old Hibs player or whatever, fair enough, but minutes silences for every event where more than 10 people are killed is just too far. Nothing to do with football and those who want to pay their respects can (and will) do other things than stand in silence (or not) at a football match for a minute.

"for every event where more than 10 people are killed " - this point is almost valid for some things where false grief does seem to be the order of the day.

However, I think the War qualifies your criteria though and any ******** who can't shut their mouth for 60 seconds as a mark of respect for those who died to avert the nazi onslaught needs to have a word with themselves.

Simple really, unless you think a world war is another indifference, spanning the better part of 6 years with countless deaths :rolleyes:

Green_one
09-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Congrats to Celtic on this. Even if you take their 'version' of events it does not look good.

1. A bunch of daft boys own the Celtic support. Its what they do that counts
2. They have again shown to the English that they are not fit to join the EPL. BBC 606 has picked up their singing
3. The current buns (another group who never did anything wrong) are only too happy to show this up
4. Is clear from the media coverage that many are only too happy to try to cover up the ugly sisters faults. Again a lesson learnt to the rest of us.

Of course Celtic have others excuses to the 'a wee boy did it and ran away'. There was the Famine, the Troubles, the surprise use of deodorant by the rest of the civilised world and the good old 'everyone is against us'. Oh, forgot about War in Iraq / Afganistan , the Palestine question and the topology of land in Athenry. Did I miss anything? Yeah, loads more. :rolleyes::yawn:

Bad Martini
09-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Congrats to Celtic on this. Even if you take their 'version' of events it does not look good.

1. A bunch of daft boys own the Celtic support. Its what they do that counts
2. They have again shown to the English that they are not fit to join the EPL. BBC 606 has picked up their singing
3. The current buns (another group who never did anything wrong) are only too happy to show this up
4. Is clear from the media coverage that many are only too happy to try to cover up the ugly sisters faults. Again a lesson learnt to the rest of us.

Of course Celtic have others excuses to the 'a wee boy did it and ran away'. There was the Famine, the Troubles, the surprise use of deodorant by the rest of the civilised world and the good old 'everyone is against us'. Oh, forgot about War in Iraq / Afganistan , the Palestine question and the topology of land in Athenry. Did I miss anything? Yeah, loads more. :rolleyes::yawn:

Aye, you forgot they took 4390458903458934058349085034534908534853490853490 fans to Seville and they all behaved impeciably, every single one of them, and indeed, the local constuabulary said so (according to Jack :greengrin)

Hmmm, aye :rolleyes:

matty_f
09-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Aye, you forgot they took 4390458903458934058349085034534908534853490853490 fans to Seville and they all behaved impeciably, every single one of them, and indeed, the local constuabulary said so (according to Jack :greengrin)

:greengrin And definitely nobody on a plane back from Seville was naughty, apart from those stirring bassas - the stewardesses.:agree:

Part/Time Supporter
09-11-2009, 01:46 PM

No, it's more to do with this whole post-Diana media world where everyone has to be seen to be doing something to commemorate or mourn whatever it is that they are supposed to be marking, or they are castigated for being uncaring and enemies of the state.

The first public examples of that were the media reaction to the Royal Family not flying a flag at half mast over Buckingham Palace after she died, and the castigation of the SFA for initially refusing to postpone an international that was due to be played on the same day as her funeral. The most recent example being the Daily Mail's witch-hunt last week of Premiership teams who hadn't committed to embroidering poppies into their shirts.

I don't think there's any real evidence that this proliferation of war memorials has boosted support for the Government's policy re Afghanistan, as public support has fallen over the period of time the British Army has been there.

Nailrod
09-11-2009, 01:50 PM
The natives are not happy, a scarf is on the pitch. :greengrin Surely healthy competition is what they want?:confused::wink:
I understand it was picked up by Mowbray to keep himself warm. His coat was dirty as it had fallen to the ground off a very shoogly peg. :wink:

lapsedhibee
09-11-2009, 02:31 PM
:greengrin And definitely nobody on a plane back from Seville was naughty, apart from those stirring bassas - the stewardesses.:agree:
:agree: Heavy-handed stewardessing to blame.

No, it's more to do with this whole post-Diana media world where everyone has to be seen to be doing something to commemorate or mourn whatever it is that they are supposed to be marking, or they are castigated for being uncaring and enemies of the state.

The first public examples of that were the media reaction to the Royal Family not flying a flag at half mast over Buckingham Palace after she died, and the castigation of the SFA for initially refusing to postpone an international that was due to be played on the same day as her funeral. The most recent example being the Daily Mail's witch-hunt last week of Premiership teams who hadn't committed to embroidering poppies into their shirts.

Media definitely distorting the Remembrance experience. For weeks virtually everyone that appears on the tellybox has either worn a poppy or had to explain why they're not wearing one. Yet out on the streets of Edinburgh the proportion of people sporting poppies has been very small.

--------
09-11-2009, 02:37 PM

My thoughts. :agree:

However, if a football club requests a minute's silence on Remembrance Sunday as a mark of respect to dead and disabled servicemen and women, it should be respected.

Remembrance Sunday isn't the same as a minute's silence because the Auchenshoogle United chairman's dog's died.

Hibs On Tour
09-11-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm going to disagree.

On the footage of the incident that appears earlier in the thread (the Arabic station) the singing is clearly audible and is being picked up by the microphones. Microphones that are strategically placed inside the ground.

That singing didn't sound as if it was coming from afar. IMO, it was taking place inside the ground close to a fixed microphone.

Correct. No footage of Celtic support during silence was as telling as Sky switching the mics off IMHO.

Phil MaGlass
09-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Inside/outside, whats the difference?

I think, if its outside, you are less oblivious to a minutes silence,not making excuses,theres the folk that arrive late,folk that are pi5hed just trying to get in,mmm mibbe that is an excuse:greengrin

FalkirkHibee
I dont see what the problem is when a team such as Celtic are praised for their behaviour when playing abroad in Europe,there are reports like this for almost every Scottish club playing in Europe.if they had misbehaved I would have expected them to have been shafted by all the papers which is what all or should I say a few have done to the buns. Is it maybe too much to acknowledge that Celtic have been trying hard, again some would say not hard enough to get their house in order? For that they should be praised,mibbe its just me, I see that alot of folk want to score petty points against them, thats fine but atleast acknowledge when something is atleast being done to weed out the crap.
As for the No Surrender banner and the Union Kack, some will see that this was done to get a reaction from the Celtic support,others will see it as harmless fun its a difference of opinion.

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2009, 03:13 PM
I think, if its outside, you are less oblivious to a minutes silence,not making excuses,theres the folk that arrive late,folk that are pi5hed just trying to get in,mmm mibbe that is an excuse:greengrin[

I understand that, but they stayed outside to deliberately ignore, and sing their IRA songs during the minutes silence, and knew they were disrupting it from outside. These were celtic fans abusing the minutes silence, outside or in, they knew what they were doing.

JackRegan
09-11-2009, 03:28 PM
I understand that, but they stayed outside to deliberately ignore, and sing their IRA songs during the minutes silence, and knew they were disrupting it from outside. These were celtic fans abusing the minutes silence, outside or in, they knew what they were doing.

Wee point of order. It was not an IRA song that was sung.

JackRegan
09-11-2009, 03:31 PM

Why is it only non Celtic fans who come out with bonkers figures of how many we took to Seville.

6 years on and it still stick in everyones craw. Great. :thumbsup:

JackRegan
09-11-2009, 03:34 PM

I was on the plane that night. Two guys got done for smoking in the bog.

Astreus got hammered by the CAA.

Thecat23
09-11-2009, 03:46 PM
I hope every Celtic fan who sang through that feels the pain of losing someone close to them and i mean that. I don't care if it's family or friends how old or young. That was the **** of the earth whether inside or outside.

If caught i'd love to put them all on an island and drop a bomb on it. *****ing @rseholes.

As for the ones who didn't sing, shout, scream fair play you have your views and if you stayed out the ground fair enough but tell me something if your so worked up about the clubs name being dragged through the mud why not grass them up??? didn't think so!!!

JackRegan
09-11-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm going to disagree.

It definately came from outsdie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG6dbz2bvEA&feature=player_embedded

HibbyAndy
09-11-2009, 03:58 PM
The 1st half yesterday was maybe the worst ive ever seen Celtc play.

That really was unbelievabley dire to watch..What happened to Mowbrays philosophy on the beutiful passing game? Loovens HOOF...Caldwell..HOOF..If Celtc have any aspirations to win the league back from Der Hun then they need to play better than that, tho in saying that the Huns are absolute tom kite aswell.

JackRegan
09-11-2009, 04:04 PM
The 1st half yesterday was maybe the worst ive ever seen Celtc play.

That really was unbelievabley dire to watch..What happened to Mowbrays philosophy on the beutiful passing game? Loovens HOOF...Caldwell..HOOF..If Celtc have any aspirations to win the league back from Der Hun then they need to play better than that, tho in saying that the Huns are absolute tom kite aswell.

Andy,

I loved the 1990's, it was a great decade for me, apart from watching Celtic for the first 5 years of it. the first half yesterday took me back to a world pf Chipie Jackets, Nick Coleman T shirts, Blue System Jeans, Molson Dry and Piano based dance music.

Having my doubts about Mowbray. Hope he turns it round, but he's getting it tight from the support - its akin to the last days of Barnes, Macari and Brady.

Sylar
09-11-2009, 04:09 PM

It makes not one jot of difference whether it was inside or outside the ground to be honest. These idiots made a deliberate choice to remain outside the ground, and disrupt the silence from there.

I've read the statement which the Green Brigade produced which includes their reasoning behind why they're against the minute's silence and the poppy, and although I disagree with it wholeheartedly, believe they are entitled to their (very warped) opinion.

However, there are places and times to make a protest (in this case against the British Army) and this was not one of them. The silence is held to observe the death of soldiers of ALL nationalities who endured casualities in the 2 World War's (which includes many Irish soldiers) - the "Oirish" contingent of the Celtic fans must be udderly ******ed, or just purely ignorant if they think their cries of "Poppy Fascism" and "murderous *******s" are going to excuse their antics, as they don't seem to grasp WHY the silence is observed in the first place!

It said everything for me that Michael Ballack (to name one German player in the EPL) wore a poppy and looked sombre as the silence was held yesterday, but a group of morons in the Celtic support couldn't bite their tongues and repress their biggoted viewpoints for a solitary minute.

Hibercelona
09-11-2009, 04:16 PM
If it was outside the ground... Then why did Sky Sports do their damn best to keep the Celtic support out of the picture? :grr:

Absolutely disgraceful stuff from Celtic and Sky Sports! :grr:

Rangers have always been on the top of my list for most hated club in the world... Celtic can now consider themselves up there completely on par with the other a*s*holes! :grr:

Cropley10
09-11-2009, 04:16 PM

I completely agree and also much prefer a minute of applause to remember an ex-player too.

JackRegan
09-11-2009, 04:23 PM
It makes not one jot of difference whether it was inside or outside the ground to be honest. These idiots made a deliberate choice to remain outside the ground, and disrupt the silence from there.

I've read the statement which the Green Brigade produced which includes their reasoning behind why they're against the minute's silence and the poppy, and although I disagree with it wholeheartedly, believe they are entitled to their (very warped) opinion.

However, there are places and times to make a protest (in this case against the British Army) and this was not one of them. The silence is held to observe the death of soldiers of ALL nationalities who endured casualities in the 2 World War's (which includes many Irish soldiers) - the "Oirish" contingent of the Celtic fans must be udderly ******ed, or just purely ignorant if they think their cries of "Poppy Fascism" and "murderous *******s" are going to excuse their antics, as they don't seem to grasp WHY the silence is observed in the first place!

It said everything for me that Michael Ballack (to name one German player in the EPL) wore a poppy and looked sombre as the silence was held yesterday, but a group of morons in the Celtic support couldn't bite their tongues and repress their biggoted viewpoints for a solitary minute.

Agree with all your post apart from the bit in bold - I was of the understanding that it was for British Serviceman only.

No doubt about it they knew what they were doing - the choice of song, where they were outside the ground. I've had some clown on Celticminded trying to say they never knew that the silence was happening. :rolleyes:

They are ******s. We take 3,000 to Hamburg with nae bother (despite Hamburg fans with their hun mates attacking pubs in Glasgow), get praised by the German Polis. All undone by 50 to 100 cowardly rodents. I can asure you, thos of us in the ground were livid.

Killiehibbie
09-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Agree with all your post apart from the bit in bold - I was of the understanding that it was for British Serviceman only.

No doubt about it they knew what they were doing - the choice of song, where they were outside the ground. I've had some clown on Celticminded trying to say they never knew that the silence was happening. :rolleyes:

They are ******s. We take 3,000 to Hamburg with nae bother (despite Hamburg fans with their hun mates attacking pubs in Glasgow), get praised by the German Polis. All undone by 50 to 100 cowardly rodents. I can asure you, thos of us in the ground were livid.

The ******s will need to be taught a lesson the same way the celtic casuals used to be on a regular basis.

JackRegan
09-11-2009, 04:42 PM
The ******s will need to be taught a lesson the same way the celtic casuals used to be on a regular basis.

I wish that would happen, Love Street 1986 :greengrin. Back of the old Celtic End as well - They shat if from the Jungle, who's residents went up the back of the Celtic End and mangled them.

The thing is at away games - where these ******s put their heads above the parapet - they make up, or have the backing of a large percentage of those travelling.

Take Sunday - Half of us went in the Ground, Some were genuinly late (If you've been to Falkirks ground you'll know there's not many turnstiles) - however about 800 to 1000 stayed outside. This 800 to 1000 turned a blind eye to those singing - Some did tell the neds to shut up, but there were no punches thrown.

Those of us inside were made up of those with too much too lose by getting caught rammying at the football or are just not as hard as these bams.

Lofarl
09-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Ive no doubt Jack that plenty of celtic fans are livid about this. I showed the footage to a celtic mate of mine at work today an I could see the shock and anger on his face.

But what is really getting to me is the complete silence from the club an media outlets over this.

matty_f
09-11-2009, 05:29 PM
I was on the plane that night. Two guys got done for smoking in the bog.

Astreus got hammered by the CAA.

I was on the plane too, all Hell was kicking off.

From what I remember, the stewardess had asked everyone on board to keep quiet for a minute so she could go over the safety drill.

There was a rumour that the quiet was disrupted by folk still waiting to get on the plane, or by folk illegally having a fly fag in the bogs, but the cabin crew (rightly, IMHO) noted that the disruption was not caused by the minority.

Houchy
09-11-2009, 06:20 PM

From what I remember, the stewardess had asked everyone on board to keep quiet for a minute so she could go over the safety drill.

There was a rumour that the quiet was disrupted by folk still waiting to get on the plane, or by folk illegally having a fly fag in the bogs, but the cabin crew (rightly, IMHO) noted that the disruption was not caused by the minority.

:greengrin:thumbsup::top marks:devil:

wee 162
09-11-2009, 06:39 PM

I don't think there's any real evidence that this proliferation of war memorials has boosted support for the Government's policy re Afghanistan, as public support has fallen over the period of time the British Army has been there.

I don't disagree for a second about the reasons why this can now happen, but it doesn't really explain why something which used to never take place is now pretty much compulsory. Who do you think approaches the SPL etc to request this sort of stuff? Do they just do it off their own back? I don't buy that for a second tbh.

I'd also point out that just because support is falling doesn't mean this sort of thing hasn't got an effect. For starters military events and memorials have always been a recruiting agent for armies. Everywhere, not just in the UK. And who's to say that support wouldn't have went even further down if it wasn't for stuff like Remembrance Sunday.

Sir David Gray
09-11-2009, 07:24 PM
I dont see what the problem is when a team such as Celtic are praised for their behaviour when playing abroad in Europe,there are reports like this for almost every Scottish club playing in Europe.if they had misbehaved I would have expected them to have been shafted by all the papers which is what all or should I say a few have done to the buns. Is it maybe too much to acknowledge that Celtic have been trying hard, again some would say not hard enough to get their house in order? For that they should be praised,mibbe its just me, I see that alot of folk want to score petty points against them, thats fine but atleast acknowledge when something is atleast being done to weed out the crap.
As for the No Surrender banner and the Union Kack, some will see that this was done to get a reaction from the Celtic support,others will see it as harmless fun its a difference of opinion.

I don't have a problem with the local police, or the club themselves, making a statement and thanking supporters for behaving themselves or reporting that the game passed off without any major incidents taking place.

It was the fact that Celtic made reference to the fact that they behaved themselve despite the "provocative atmosphere" at Hamburg last week, as if that UJ/No Surrender display would have been a reasonable excuse for any bad behaviour by Celtic supporters, which annoyed me.

I have absolutely no doubt that, if there had been trouble, Celtic would have condemned it but they would also have said that it occurred because they were provoked by the Hamburg fans' display.

As for the display being something intended to get a reaction from the Celtic fans, of course that was the intention of whoever decided to organise it. But it's hardly a reason to expect that there could be a full blown riot as a result of it taking place.

:top marks Well said.

Ive no doubt Jack that plenty of celtic fans are livid about this. I showed the footage to a celtic mate of mine at work today an I could see the shock and anger on his face.

But what is really getting to me is the complete silence from the club an media outlets over this.

:agree: The silence, so far, has been truly deafening.

Betty Boop
09-11-2009, 07:58 PM
I don't have a problem with the local police, or the club themselves, making a statement and thanking supporters for behaving themselves or reporting that the game passed off without any major incidents taking place.

It was the fact that Celtic made reference to the fact that they behaved themselve despite the "provocative atmosphere" at Hamburg last week, as if that UJ/No Surrender display would have been a reasonable excuse for any bad behaviour by Celtic supporters, which annoyed me.

I have absolutely no doubt that, if there had been trouble, Celtic would have condemned it but they would also have said that it occurred because they were provoked by the Hamburg fans' display.

As for the display being something intended to get a reaction from the Celtic fans, of course that was the intention of whoever decided to organise it. But it's hardly a reason to expect that there could be a full blown riot as a result of it taking place.

:top marks Well said.

:agree: The silence, so far, has been truly deafening.

Clean your ears out then, Celtic have released an official statement on the matter, I heard it on Real Radio. :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
09-11-2009, 08:27 PM

A wee bit of technical info

The Ipod Nano microphone is directional, so the **** idiots outside who were disrupting the minutes silence were behind the person recording it.

The BBC Radio Scotland coverage sounded as if the 'choir' were standing round a microphone, it was that clear. remember the microphones are for effect, the boot of the ball and crunch of the tackle, they are not set up to pick up voices. That is how loud and clear these 'greatest fans in the world' (copyright Celtc Football Club) were.

Moulin Yarns
09-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Wee point of order. It was not an IRA song that was sung.

Does it matter what they were singing, (I clearly heard the F word) they were disrupting an officially sanctioned minutes silence, one your own club agreed to, eventually, after trying to get a minutes applause so they could cover up the fact their fans would not observe the silence. SIMPLES

Sir David Gray
09-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Clean your ears out then, Celtic have released an official statement on the matter, I heard it on Real Radio. :greengrin

I can't comment on that as I haven't listened to Real Radio today but if they were making an official statement on the matter, why haven't they posted it up on their official website?

There's still nothing on there that I can see.

As a matter of interest, what was read out on Real Radio?

Ants
09-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Beliefs or no beliefs....

How f|_|cking hard is it to shut your trap for 1 measly minute?

I remember the French recently advocating to the Muslims that no facial scarfs were allowed to be worn, if they disagreed, the go back home was their reply.

We all live in Scotland, part of the British Isles, United Kingdom and if you cannot observe 1 minutes silence for all the past and CURRENT British service personnel then adopt the French attitude.....

F |_| ck OFF overseas to visit your beliefs.

JackRegan
09-11-2009, 08:54 PM

Matty, admit it - you're delighted that some Celtic fans spoiled that minutes silence.

That's pretty sad. :agree:

matty_f
09-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Matty, admit it - you're delighted that some Celtic fans spoiled that minutes silence.

Get tae f..k! Where have I indicated that? Other than having a dig at the behaviour of Celtc fans on the plane, where I have I given any indication of being delighted about it?

100% I would rather not be talking about the silence being disrupted (if only just because it would have kept you from having a reason to be here).

I don't give a flying one about Celtc. Really. I can count on one finger how many seconds thought I would ordinarily give Celtc in a normal day. If it wasn't to rip the pish out of your lot, I would happily never talk about Celtc at all.

Why would I want something as solemn as a minute's silence of remembrance ruined for some petty point scoring?:bitchy:

Get over yersel' Jack - I think you're due me an apology.

Moulin Yarns
09-11-2009, 09:20 PM
it took 5 site visits before I found any mention on a Celtc minded web site

http://www.celtic-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=471985

Well where do you start with this then? Well first and foremost I cannot even begin to deem the actions of those who decided to sing songs during yesterday afternoon’s silence outside the Falkirk Stadium acceptable. However we live in a Country where freedom of speech is considered to be just and therefore I defend their right to do it, I just cannot agree with it.
I suppose the Irony of this is that this freedom of speech was won for them by the very persons whose memory they chose to besmirch, and regardless of everything else that the Poppy campaign has become and all the pointless and unjust wars that have ensued since the last ‘great’ campaign, the minutes silence is in memory of the fallen in the two world wars, it does not glorify any other aspect of the British Army, nor does it seek to do so.

Diclonius
09-11-2009, 09:31 PM

Persecution complex.

Part/Time Supporter
09-11-2009, 10:06 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8351598.stm

If you know your history?

One Day Soon
09-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Persecution complex.

You're wrong. Its not a persecution complex, its just that he's an apologist for the plastics who likes to come on here to preach the TGFFITW doctrine and then runs away from inconvenient things like facts and the truth. That's the polite version.

This notion that we're delighted by the behaviour of Celtc fans on Sunday is deranged. Jack Regan coming on here and talking cobblers on this and other threads is the equivalent of his walking into your living room uninvited, sitting down in your armchair, kicking off his shoes and lighting up a fag without asking, farting and then giving you the benefit of his 'Celtic minded' view of the world. When Matty let's him have it with a direct contradiction of his 'facts' over one incident he just ignores the subject and asserts that all we're interested in is seeing Celtc letting themselves down.

I definitely prefer the pet hun. Blue is the Colour seems a lot less offensive.

One Day Soon
09-11-2009, 10:20 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8351598.stm

If you know your history?

Well you certainly nailed it with that posting P/TS. You couldn't get a more mealy-mouthed statement from Celtc than what they appear to have told the reporter:

"A very small minority of fans who 'appear' to have been singing. 'If' this was the case they aren't welcome at the club."

So no clear acceptance of what happened, and no actual action to be taken by the club. Nice.

Hibercelona
09-11-2009, 10:23 PM

I tell you whats sad...

Following those shower of unwashed neds that can't keep their mouths shut for just 1 minute to respect those that have fallen.

I'm sure you and the rest of your buckie drinking jakey pals were having a right good slaver over the minute silence with your usual Celtic Symphony songs.

Celtic are equally as shameful as Rangers fans.

Now be off. :bye:

clerriehibs
09-11-2009, 10:28 PM

I would accept that it's only a minority of celtc fans that would ever want to be so undignified as to shout abuse during a remembrance silence for British services personnel. I could also accept that it's actually more than just an attempt to save celtc's blushes when the celtc board try to change the silence into appreciative applause.

What I can't fathom is why no celtc official is seen wearing a poppy. Allegedly. Especially John Reid, for obvious reasons.

And if British services personnel are so repugnant to the hoops ... why the 'uck-leberry finn is the English league so attractive?

Money eh? To hell with principles when there's money involved.

weecounty hibby
09-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Is anyone surprised by this reaction from them. They will not take the necessary action to stop these people from doing this kibnd of thing. Jack Regan can come on here and tell us that they have banned five or six but Hibs have probably banned just as many in recent times. Jack also tells us that it is the "away day provos" and never happens at Parkhead, well that is absolute bull**** and he knows it. The last Celtic game I saw from Parkhead we were treated to the usual "folk songs" heard loud and clear. Celtics statement is almost as disgusting as the behaviour of their fans.

basehibby
09-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Just saw an article about all this on Reporting Scotland. There was some interesting info at the end - apparently seven Celtic players lost their lives in WW1. Which makes you wonder why some of their fans just refuse to "get" the whole notion of rememberance day and see it as an opportunity for petty political point scoring instead. You'd think they could just keep their gubs shut even just to respect the memories of their own players who became victims of that awful conflict - ignorant fuds that they are! :grr::grr::grr:

sleeping giant
09-11-2009, 11:10 PM
I would accept that it's only a minority of celtc fans that would ever want to be so undignified as to shout abuse during a remembrance silence for British services personnel. I could also accept that it's actually more than just an attempt to save celtc's blushes when the celtc board try to change the silence into appreciative applause.

What I can't fathom is why no celtc official is seen wearing a poppy. Allegedly. Especially John Reid, for obvious reasons.

And if British services personnel are so repugnant to the hoops ... why the 'uck-leberry finn is the English league so attractive?

Money eh? To hell with principles when there's money involved.

That's a top post:top marks

Hibbyradge
09-11-2009, 11:11 PM

You know, I was finding myself concurring with some of what you wrote earlier in this thread.

That, however, is a pathetic, avoiding response and has lost you any respect I may have been affording you.

Hibbyradge
09-11-2009, 11:16 PM
I would accept that it's only a minority of celtc fans that would ever want to be so undignified as to shout abuse during a remembrance silence for British services personnel.

Remembrance is about all the war fallen, not just the military.

Sir David Gray
09-11-2009, 11:28 PM
I don't always agree with Jim Traynor but he writes a very good piece in today's Daily Record and is bang on the money.

Read it here (http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/jimtraynor/2009/11/we-must-silence-spiteful-minor-1.html#comment-515906)

Gatecrasher
10-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Talk sport just about to talk about it after the news

Steve-O
10-11-2009, 07:06 AM
"for every event where more than 10 people are killed " - this point is almost valid for some things where false grief does seem to be the order of the day.

However, I think the War qualifies your criteria though and any ******** who can't shut their mouth for 60 seconds as a mark of respect for those who died to avert the nazi onslaught needs to have a word with themselves.

Simple really, unless you think a world war is another indifference, spanning the better part of 6 years with countless deaths :rolleyes:

Aren't you talking about the wrong war?

I don't think a minute's silence for rememberance Sunday is necessary at the football. Hearts fans might argue with that right enough.

I'm not condoning what Celtic eejits did, I just think such things could be easily avoided.

JackRegan
10-11-2009, 08:32 AM
You're wrong. Its not a persecution complex, its just that he's an apologist for the plastics who likes to come on here to preach the TGFFITW doctrine and then runs away from inconvenient things like facts and the truth. That's the polite version.

This notion that we're delighted by the behaviour of Celtc fans on Sunday is deranged. Jack Regan coming on here and talking cobblers on this and other threads is the equivalent of his walking into your living room uninvited, sitting down in your armchair, kicking off his shoes and lighting up a fag without asking, farting and then giving you the benefit of his 'Celtic minded' view of the world. When Matty let's him have it with a direct contradiction of his 'facts' over one incident he just ignores the subject and asserts that all we're interested in is seeing Celtc letting themselves down.

I definitely prefer the pet hun. Blue is the Colour seems a lot less offensive.

I was present at both incidents. Matty was not.

BTWIf you feel I should not be on here, then have a word with Admin - they can ban me anytime they wish.

JackRegan
10-11-2009, 08:33 AM
I don't always agree with Jim Traynor but he writes a very good piece in today's Daily Record and is bang on the money.

Read it here (http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/jimtraynor/2009/11/we-must-silence-spiteful-minor-1.html#comment-515906)

I'm sorry but I think thats a border line racist. it effectivley says "Why Don't you go home"

did der huns fans not get into trouble for the same?

JackRegan
10-11-2009, 08:35 AM
I tell you whats sad...

Following those shower of unwashed neds that can't keep their mouths shut for just 1 minute to respect those that have fallen.

I'm sure you and the rest of your buckie drinking jakey pals were having a right good slaver over the minute silence with your usual Celtic Symphony songs.
Celtic are equally as shameful as Rangers fans.

Now be off. :bye:

Read my posts about what I sadi abou those who disrupted it.

Steve20
10-11-2009, 08:40 AM
No one should be surprised that Celtic spoiled the minute silence. They are a disgraceful football club.

Funny how it's always just a minority. Yeah right. :rolleyes:

JackRegan
10-11-2009, 08:49 AM
No one should be surprised that Celtic spoiled the minute silence. They are a disgraceful football club.

Funny how it's always just a minority. Yeah right. :rolleyes:

I'd call 50 to 100 fans out of an away support of 3000 at Falkirk a minority.

Antifa Hibs
10-11-2009, 08:51 AM
who gives a ******.

get life's :yawn:

JackRegan
10-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Get tae f..k! Where have I indicated that? Other than having a dig at the behaviour of Celtc fans on the plane, where I have I given any indication of being delighted about it?

100% I would rather not be talking about the silence being disrupted (if only just because it would have kept you from having a reason to be here).

I don't give a flying one about Celtc. Really. I can count on one finger how many seconds thought I would ordinarily give Celtc in a normal day. If it wasn't to rip the pish out of your lot, I would happily never talk about Celtc at all.

Why would I want something as solemn as a minute's silence of remembrance ruined for some petty point scoring?:bitchy:

Get over yersel' Jack - I think you're due me an apology.

fair enough on that one and that goes for anyone else who I levelled this at.

BTW you were not on that plane. :agree:

steakbake
10-11-2009, 09:25 AM
This thread could have been written weeks ago. we could anticipate that the "silence" would not be impeccably observed and some of us have been sharpening our knives in preparation.

1. Are you really surprised?
2. Will this indignation get us anywhere?
3. Will the situation be the same next year, and every year thereafter?
4. Does it really - in the greater scheme of things - change what we already know?
5. Will we ever get tired of blasting sections of supports who breach a minute's silence (for whatever reason the silence is being held)?

lapsedhibee
10-11-2009, 09:51 AM
I really, really, really thought he was, and that the account he gave was a wholly accurate description of what went on. At no time, whatsoever, did I think it was a gentle spoof for comic effect. Never. I am glad that Matty's despicable lying is now out in the open for all to see. Not for the first time, we should be grateful that Jack is around to put us right about all matters Celtc. :agree:

marinello59
10-11-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm sorry but I think thats a border line racist. it effectivley says "Why Don't you go home"

Garbage. You have seen what you want to see there. Read it again without the apologist glasses on. You started well on this thread IMHO...you should have quit while you were ahead.

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Garbage. You have seen what you want to see there. Read it again without the apologist glasses on. You started well on this thread IMHO...you should have quit while you were ahead.

Exactly, he always trys to deflect the subject onto something else.

Keith_M
10-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Is this thread STILL going?

I think we're going to have a serious contender for the Calendar Thread at this rate.

:wink:

JackRegan
10-11-2009, 11:56 AM

Fair enough, but the comment about the ferry to stranraer was uncalled for.

GieTheBaTaeReilly
10-11-2009, 12:23 PM
No, it's a ferry FROM Stranraer.

And it's just one guy writing in a paper out of let's say a ballpark of 1000 journos, doesn't the minority argument work both ways?

I couldn't care if it's one supporter, a minority or the whole crowd disrupt the silence it's simply a disgrace.

Additionally, should those who disrupted the silence wish, as it seems, to commemorate someone who fell during a conflict, the sheer stupidity of doing it in such a manner where the focus is fully on the context and not on the content speak for itself.

And for the record, I do feel wholly superior on this topic.

M

Danderhall Hibs
10-11-2009, 12:24 PM

Pretty sure John Reid had a poppy on - Sky panned round and he was in full view. I don't know who the guy next to him was but I don't think he had one on.

Caversham Green
10-11-2009, 12:24 PM

As was the singing of obscenities during the minute's silence and the comment that posters on this board were 'delighted' that it happened.

You're clearly too far up your own arse to see how angry (not delighted) some people get about the desecration of their families' memory.

Hibs On Tour
10-11-2009, 12:33 PM

No really. The rest of football here is bored of all the well-worn pish both side of the OF come out with. Seriously. If any of you feel the need strongly enough to keep coming out with all of that ****** why not **** off somewhere where you may find others who aren't bored ****less with it all. To be honest, I couldn't care where you both take it - just sling it and stop trying to avoid the issue of both of you still milking it for all its worth cos that's still the main route both of you have to make money off yer fans.

All this poor-wee-me, a-big-boy-did-it-and-ran-away, -they're-worse-than-us and all the we're-really-trying-to-stop-it-honest petty posturing is just so much window-dressing and yer fooling absolutely no-one outwith your own wee tiny ponds.

--------
10-11-2009, 12:41 PM

Not racist in the slightest. JT says that those who want to tarnish Scotland with Irish Republican or Little England xenophobia should leave. No one else.

"These people need to understand we are Scottish with no wish to be dragged back into the past. We don't want to be Little Englanders. And we don't have any desire to become Irish. Those who do should scramble over the Wall or catch a ferry from Stranraer and leave the rest of us alone."

That reads to me that those who want to be Little Englanders or Irish should go to England or Ireland where they'll fit in. Everyone else is welcome.

I had a bit of sympathy for you at the start - there may well be one or two on here who were waiting for the Celtic support to disrupt and disrespect the silence - but the 'silence' from Celtic Park in regard to the behaviour of those morons speaks volumes for the attitude of the club. The fact is that Celtic trade on their perceived connections with Irish Republicanism and won't unequivocally condemn what happened on Sunday for fear of losing revenue.

Bad Martini
10-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Why is it only non Celtic fans who come out with bonkers figures of how many we took to Seville.

6 years on and it still stick in everyones craw. Great. :thumbsup:

What sticks in oor craw is this PISH that you lot are so much better than everyone else and well behaved.

I KNOW you lot dont like it but you are NOT much better than the huns. It may be the "minority" but since you have a large support, your "minority" is rarely "minor".

Yes, I said it before, the huns ARE more odious than you lot but that doesny make you lot good...it just makes youse less odious than the huns. And to be honest, a tramp in the street with pish, puke and whatever is less odious than the huns.

Anyways, it was ra sellik, the media and all yer glory hunting fans whae sais youse lot took the 34583489050 folk ower to yon Seville....

WE COULDNAE GIE A RATS ASS where ye's all went. Am only disappointed passport control let ye's all back IN again when ye come back :grr:

--------
10-11-2009, 12:43 PM
What sticks in oor craw is this PISH that you lot are so much better than everyone else and well behaved.

I KNOW you lot dont like it but you are NOT much better than the huns. It may be the "minority" but since you have a large support, your "minority" is rarely "minor".

Yes, I said it before, the huns ARE more odious than you lot but that doesny make you lot good...it just makes youse less odious than the huns. And to be honest, a tramp in the street with pish, puke and whatever is less odious than the huns.

Anyways, it was ra sellik, the media and all yer glory hunting fans whae sais youse lot took the 34583489050 folk ower to yon Seville....

WE COULDNAE GIE A RATS ASS where ye's all went. Am only disappointed passport control let ye's all back IN again when ye come back :grr:

I think jack will take that as racist, BM. :rolleyes:

BTW - nice to have YOU back. Whereya been? :thumbsup:

Bad Martini
10-11-2009, 12:48 PM
I think jack will take that as racist, BM. :rolleyes:

BTW - nice to have YOU back. Whereya been? :thumbsup:

Racist would imply I'm prejudiced against one faction of the unwashed....alas, I reserve a fair portion of dislike for them all :greengrin.......indeed, passport control screwed up that day matey - should've locked the gates and sent them packing when we had the chance. Alas, I think I'll rethink my plans on the old firm going IN to Europe..................then promptly lobby Parliament to ensure the bassas STAY in Europe, away fi us :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've been busy matey...actually, twas like yon seen fi Dallas - I just nicked in for a quick shower and whatdyaken, it's months and months later
:greengrin

--------
10-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Racist would imply I'm prejudiced against one faction of the unwashed....alas, I reserve a fair portion of dislike for them all :greengrin.......indeed, passport control screwed up that day matey - should've locked the gates and sent them packing when we had the chance. Alas, I think I'll rethink my plans on the old firm going IN to Europe..................then promptly lobby Parliament to ensure the bassas STAY in Europe, away fi us :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've been busy matey...actually, twas like yon seen fi Dallas - I just nicked in for a quick shower and whatdyaken, it's months and months later
:greengrin

Gonnae no tell me - YOU shot JR??????????????? Or was it JFK? :cool2:

Totally agree about the passport business, btw. We should organise a SuperFinal somewhere nice for the GFITW to go to - Helmand Province or maybe Chechnya spring to mind - and then implement the scheme immediately.

It would probably solve the unemployment problem overnight as well.... :devil:

Bad Martini
10-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Gonnae no tell me - YOU shot JR??????????????? Or was it JFK? :cool2:

Ssshhhh. :idea: ... naebody is to ken that :greengrin

Totally agree about the passport business, btw. We should organise a SuperFinal soemwhere nice for the GFITW to go to - Helmand Province or maybe Chechnya spring to mind - and then implement the scheme immediately.

:devil:

It would probably solve the unemployment problem overnight as well.... :devil:

...and a raft of other crimes - shoplifting, hub cap choring, etc etc :thumbsup:

Actually, all in all it's a bloody good plan sir :faf:

--------
10-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Ssshhhh. :idea: ... naebody is to ken that :greengrin

...and a raft of other crimes - shoplifting, hub cap choring, etc etc :thumbsup:

Actually, all in all it's a bloody good plan sir :faf:

It would bankrupt Buckfast Abbey, though....

And the Acme Shell-Suit Company.

http://www.trends-for-friends.co.uk/compare/keyword/shell%20suits/subid/6-02084506/sdc/t016936/categoryid/11450/campid/5336234861

crewetollhibee
10-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Sorry to post this late,(and apologies if already noted), but Radio 5 on Sunday night reported that Celtic were held to a 3-3 draw with Falkirk. AYE RIGHT !!!!!

--------
10-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Sorry to post this late,(and apologies if already noted), but Radio 5 on Sunday night reported that Celtic were held to a 3-3 draw with Falkirk. AYE RIGHT !!!!!

Tought it was the other way round.... :devil:

matty_f
10-11-2009, 03:03 PM
fair enough on that one and that goes for anyone else who I levelled this at.

Really? Glad you cleared that up in case anyone thought I was actually on the plane and was giving a true account of what happened with my post, which (and I can admit this now, having had time to reflect on it) could have easily been construed as factual.

Tomsk
10-11-2009, 03:20 PM

Are you sure it wasn't a fly flag? And how did Jack let the cheap jibe about bogs pass without comment? Racist surely! Must be losing his touch.

Sir David Gray
10-11-2009, 04:25 PM

Rangers fans got into trouble for basically telling every single person of Irish Catholic origin to "go home". I do not wish to see people leaving this country simply because of where they, or their family, originate and I don't believe that Jim Traynor is saying that either.

But for the people who deliberately set out to disrupt Sunday's minute's silence, I think it's entirely reasonable to say to them, 'If you detest Britain as much as you say that you do, please just leave and stay in a country that you find less repulsive".

I would never dream of living in a country that I hated as much as these people seem to hate Britain.

The only thing that I disagree with Jim Traynor about is that he seems to be calling on these people to get on a ferry to Ireland. I personally couldn't care less where they go, as long as it's far enough away for their disrespectful and offensive behaviour not to be heard in Scotland.

And before you start to think that I'm picking solely on Celtic fans, that call also applies to Rangers fans who would rather be Northern Irish, English or Dutch. Please feel free to leave, too.

I'm sure I speak for the vast majority of the fans of the other forty professional football teams in Scotland (along with quite a lot of decent minded Celtic and Rangers fans) when I say that I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of the baggage that both Celtic AND Rangers bring with them.

I just hope that what happened on Sunday will finally end the myth, that the Old Firm are not two sides of the same coin, once and for all.

48 hours on and still no official statement about the issue on your club's website.

That just about sums things up for me.

Keith_M
10-11-2009, 07:09 PM

48 hours on and still no official statement about the issue on your club's website.

That just about sums things up for me.

There's an article on their website praising their fans for restraint in light of the provocation (pun intended) at the Hamburg game. Aren't they just so good, they went abroad and didn't have a riot. How many other clubs fans could say that? Interestingly, the article contained the following:

"A minute's silence will be held before kick-off at Celtic’s match against Falkirk to mark Remembrance Sunday and to remember the fallen in all conflicts.

And in the same manner as last season at Celtic Park, the Club and its supporters will remember, in particular, the men who served Celtic Football Club and who lost their lives in wartime.

These include a number of Celtic players who fought and died in the Great War of 1914-18, such as Patrick Slavin, Leigh Roose, Donnie McLeod, Archie McMillan, Robert Craig, John McLaughlin, Peter Johnstone, William Strang and Thomas Clifford." **

Strangely enough, there has been, as you said, absolutely NO comment on the behaviour of the Jakeys that spoilt the minute's silence. I can only presume that everyone at the club was wearing headphones and listening to the censored Sky converage.

** I make that ten dead Celtic players disrespected by the actions of those Ars*h*les.

lapsedhibee
10-11-2009, 07:22 PM
** I make that ten dead Celtic players disrespected by the actions of those Ars*h*les.

Was the one not listed a proddy? :dunno:

--------
10-11-2009, 09:51 PM
There's an article on their website praising their fans for restraint in light of the provocation (pun intended) at the Hamburg game. Aren't they just so good, they went abroad and didn't have a riot. How many other clubs fans could say that? Interestingly, the article contained the following:

"A minute's silence will be held before kick-off at Celtic’s match against Falkirk to mark Remembrance Sunday and to remember the fallen in all conflicts.

And in the same manner as last season at Celtic Park, the Club and its supporters will remember, in particular, the men who served Celtic Football Club and who lost their lives in wartime.

These include a number of Celtic players who fought and died in the Great War of 1914-18, such as Patrick Slavin, Leigh Roose, Donnie McLeod, Archie McMillan, Robert Craig, John McLaughlin, Peter Johnstone, William Strang and Thomas Clifford." **

Strangely enough, there has been, as you said, absolutely NO comment on the behaviour of the Jakeys that spoilt the minute's silence. I can only presume that everyone at the club was wearing headphones and listening to the censored Sky converage.

Statements from club and supporter's representative.....

Same old, same old.