PDA

View Full Version : Decent assessment of derby in Scotland on Sunday

Alex B
08-11-2009, 12:31 AM
http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-0--0-Hibernian.5805142.jp

Mag7
08-11-2009, 12:39 AM
I like the Sunday Herald's opening line: "Watching Hearts is like watching some trying to chisel through granite with a spoon" :agree:

Hibercelona
08-11-2009, 12:45 AM
To cut it all down...

"Hearts played like a bunch of robots as always"

"Hibs were far poorer than usual"

BS44
08-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Sums it up!

"No excitement either, not really. Save for a few hairy moments in the second half, featuring a quite brilliant save from Janos Balogh in the Hearts goal, this was about as tame as this fixture gets."

"Their great tactic was to lump it long and high into the Hibs box and hope for a break."

euro Hibby
08-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Hearts will really struggle if thats the best they can do. Albeit they pressed forward I had the feeling they would never score.

a) because Hibs were defending well
b) because they are crap.

I don't think they made a clear cut chance all day and we left with shots from outside the box or a barrow load of corners.

Its a pity HIbs were useless going forward until Riordan came on.
I am looking forward to the next set of games because here we will see if Hibs are going to be challengers this year for 3rd spot.

lumbo_hfc
08-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Hearts will really struggle if thats the best they can do. Albeit they pressed forward I had the feeling they would never score.

a) because Hibs were defending well
b) because they are crap.

I don't think they made a clear cut chance all day and we left with shots from outside the box or a barrow load of corners.

Its a pity HIbs were useless going forward until Riordan came on.
I am looking forward to the next set of games because here we will see if Hibs are going to be challengers this year for 3rd spot.

can't say we did either, which is becoming more and more worrying that we cant create chances unless zemmama is playing! even last week against the 9 men of aberbeen we struggled to create!

euro Hibby
08-11-2009, 12:36 PM
very true. We spent too much time defending........I am not convinced we are yet good enough but I think Yogi knows this so its still very much work in progress for us.