10 men couldnae carry nade

oconnors_strip
07-11-2009, 07:30 PM
We'll I'm claiming the only goal in a 1 nil win
10 men couldnae carry nade

but you handled the ball before it went in:greengrin

HFC93
07-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Did anyone else notice Deek getting a photo taken with some hibee soldiers in the centre circle at half time. Was there any reaction to it in the bus shelter as i thought it was hilarious:thumbsup:

Sylar
07-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Not really - the soldiers were well appreciated and spoke with players from both sides.

The soldiers were the real heroes on the park today, and I think that sentiment was acknowledged by the united standing ovation from either support at the interval.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Not really - the soldiers were well appreciated and spoke with players from both sides.

The soldiers were the real heroes on the park today, and I think that sentiment was acknowledged by the united standing ovation from either support at the interval.

:agree:

Booked4Being-Ugly
07-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Good on both sets of supporters and credit to Deeks who was happily chatting and getting his photos taken with the soldiers. Showed a lot of maturity IMO. :applause:

Leithenhibby
07-11-2009, 09:19 PM

also thought the minutes silence was immaculate...well done guys :notworthy:

Titch
08-11-2009, 09:53 AM
I was worried at what kind of reaction we were gonnae get from our fans but was really taken aback with how they reacted especially as I put the ball into the net highlight of my day thanks to all the hibs support for that

givescotlandfreedom
08-11-2009, 10:01 AM
I was glad the guys got the reception they deserve and to be fair the way Hearts had soldiers who were supporters of both team was good patter and didn't provoke any potential anger from our support. I'd hate them all to have gone out in Hearts tops and suddenly us booing jambos would be turned into us booing the armed forces etc. Also the guys seemed to be having a great time, there were a few in front of me and I had wonder where they were going a few minutes before half time so that explains it. Top marks all round.:top marks

Winston Ingram
08-11-2009, 10:06 AM
I also liked the fact there was 8 Hibbys and 4 Yams:thumbsup:

Westie1875
08-11-2009, 10:10 AM
I must admit I was a bit worried about the minutes silence, but watching it on the tv it seemed perfectly observed by both sets of fans.

Teo10
08-11-2009, 10:18 AM
I was worried at what kind of reaction we were gonnae get from our fans but was really taken aback with how they reacted especially as I put the ball into the net highlight of my day thanks to all the hibs support for that

SIGN HIM!!!:greengrin you were the only one after the warm up to put the ball in the net!

Rossco1875
08-11-2009, 01:04 PM
both sets of fans were brilliant and gave the soliders the heros welcome they deserved:agree:

ArabHibee
08-11-2009, 01:11 PM

Well done you, I thought that was really funny. Never saw any of the Jambos doing it. Must have been a brill feeling to put the ball in the back of the net at Swynie! :thumbsup:

New Corrie
08-11-2009, 01:49 PM
both sets of fans were brilliant and gave the soliders the heros welcome they deserved:agree:

Couldn't agree more, I thought it was a great touch......and well played Titch on scoring at Tynie!:thumbsup:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-11-2009, 01:59 PM

Quality finish :top marks

When are you boys gonny get some Hibs strips on the SoccerAM Forces photos section? :I'm waiti :greengrin

Titch
08-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Quality finish :top marks

When are you boys gonny get some Hibs strips on the SoccerAM Forces photos section? :I'm waiti :greengrin
I sent photos in from Iraq last year but they never put it on I'll send some from afganistan in April

joe breezy
08-11-2009, 05:04 PM
I've noticed quite a lot of Hibbies in the forces on Soccer AM

Good on them, well done to all those yesterday, I'm glad it all went well

marinello59
08-11-2009, 06:49 PM

On a day of few highlights your strike will stick in the memory. Well done, loved that you did that. :thumbsup:

(Don't get too big headed though, if we lose against St Mirren in our next game there will be a thread started titled, "Titch, just not good enough for Hibs." :greengrin)

Titch
08-11-2009, 07:12 PM
On a day of few highlights your strike will stick in the memory. Well done, loved that you did that. :thumbsup:

(Don't get too big headed though, if we lose against St Mirren in our next game there will be a thread started entitled, "Titch, just not good enough for Hibs." :greengrin)
:faf:
:agree:
just wish someone got it on their phone

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-11-2009, 07:23 PM
I sent photos in from Iraq last year but they never put it on I'll send some from afganistan in April

Get it sorted Hells Bells :grr: ()disnae suit her hair short...)

Keep at them mate.

The Hibby Sailor on the Tug O' War this week was a hoot :greengrin

Jones28
08-11-2009, 07:27 PM

Anyone see Mick Mcarthy's interview on MOTD yesterday?

Said: people think football players are heroes, no, these guys (soldiers) are the real heroes :thumbsup:

Nitten Hibee
08-11-2009, 07:28 PM

awrite titch mate higgy here glad tae hear you put the baw in the back off the net at tynie :thumbsup:
wouldnt have got out the army if i knew you were gonna get a crack at that :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-11-2009, 07:28 PM
I've noticed quite a lot of Hibbies in the forces on Soccer AM

Good on them, well done to all those yesterday, I'm glad it all went well

mind you, I'm no at my most observant that time on a Saturday morning :greengrin

Green_one
09-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Good on both sets of supporters and credit to Deeks who was happily chatting and getting his photos taken with the soldiers. Showed a lot of maturity IMO. :applause:

Deeks in positive press shocker. :dizzy:

Well done the Hearts and Hibs support. Sounds like the whole thing went well considering the potential for issues. Pity the game was mince.

Part/Time Supporter
09-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Whole bunch of posts moved here (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=166263) because they had fluff all to do with what happened on Saturday.

I'll also add a note commending Hearts :faint: for the way the match on Saturday was handled. In the past with the Romanov regime there has been a lot of classlessness (eg docksiders), but Saturday was done in a good way that brought credit to both clubs. Pity about the match itself.

silverhibee
09-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Has anybody got or know where i can get any photos of Deek and the soldiers at half time. thanks Silver.

hibbybrian
10-11-2009, 12:13 AM
Has anybody got or know where i can get any photos of Deek and the soldiers at half time. thanks Silver.

No Deek in the pic but

http://sport.scotsman.com/getEdFrontImage.aspx?ImageID=447018

NaeTechnoHibby
10-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Might be oan the ESPN website ??? or something, as I caught I wee snippet just at the end of half-time, of him with the soldiers doing some sort of scarf waving :agree:

Lal might have it oan her Sky+ thingy.... :dunno:

Or someone else who hasnae watched it back yet :greengrin

Titch
10-11-2009, 07:19 AM

I have the pic with deek on my phone I'll try to put it on my laptop and send it to you if you want

silverhibee
10-11-2009, 12:58 PM
I have the pic with deek on my phone I'll try to put it on my laptop and send it to you if you want

That would be great Titch.:thumbsup:
Were you the soldier who got his hat signed by Derek.

lucky
10-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Surely someone can come up with a song about Titch scoring more goals at tynie than Nade

:notworthy:

Titch
12-11-2009, 07:44 PM
That would be great Titch.:thumbsup:
Were you the soldier who got his hat signed by Derek.

Yes mate I have the hibs badge sown in he seemed surprised when he seen it
I cut up one of my old tops and sowed it in myself I have put the pic on facebook but don't know how to get it on here

Billy
12-11-2009, 10:12 PM

From the LHWM pics

http://www.londonhearts.com/gall2010/20091107a/content/bin/images/large/IMG_6004.jpg

silverhibee
12-11-2009, 11:45 PM
From the LHWM pics

http://www.londonhearts.com/gall2010/20091107a/content/bin/images/large/IMG_6004.jpg

:thumbsup:

Titch
13-11-2009, 10:52 AM
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs104.snc3/15143_101602239862731_100000388673020

lapsedhibee
13-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Yes mate I have the hibs badge sown in he seemed surprised when he seen it
I cut up one of my old tops and sowed it in myself I have put the pic on facebook but don't know how to get it on here

You need to be a private - no pun intended - member to post pictures.