PDA

View Full Version : McBride

ceecee
07-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Thought he was excellent again today. Organises, reads the game so well, covers for midfielders and defenders. Passes usually reach their destination with minimal errors. Must run miles in every game.

Very, very good.

Jonnyboy
07-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Thought he was excellent again today. Organises, reads the game so well, covers for midfielders and defenders. Passes usually reach their destination with minimal errors. Must run miles in every game.

Very, very good.

Agreed :agree:

Elsewhere someone has suggested Stewart bossed him but I cant agree with that. For me I felt McBride tried to do something constructive when he had the ball whilst Stewart mainly ran about like a headless chicken. I accept Stewart put in a shift but running for 90 minutes is only a very small part of the game

Scooter
07-11-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm not saying he wasn't good but I thought he had his quietist game for is in a while.

We lost the midfield battle

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm not saying he wasn't good but I thought he had his quietist game for is in a while.

We lost the midfield battle

:agree: Definitely.

I was disappointed with Miller as well (although I've since found out he's been struggling all week with an injury).

500miles
07-11-2009, 09:27 PM
I said a while ago that McBrides performances will be subject to those around him. He had no out ball for the first hour of the game today, and this effected his game.

Expecting Rain
07-11-2009, 09:30 PM
I said a while ago that McBrides performances will be subject to those around him. He had no out ball for the first hour of the game today, and this effected his game.

I agree the out ball became available when Riordan replaced Benji who was hopeless today and that is me being kind.

Mark79
07-11-2009, 09:32 PM
I thought mcbride was excellent today. Neat and tidy. Far better than miller IMHO. My player of the year so far.

Crab apple
07-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Thought he was the best of our midfielders today and agree with Churchy's point that Riordan offered an outlet that had previously not been there during the game.

the_ginger_hibee
07-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Midfield was poor today.

Dont think they made any errors, just lost the battle.

IWasThere2016
07-11-2009, 11:12 PM
:agree: Definitely.

I was disappointed with Miller as well (although I've since found out he's been struggling all week with an injury).

Both were training on a very limited basis this week

RickyS
08-11-2009, 12:48 AM
I thought mcbride was excellent today. Neat and tidy. Far better than miller IMHO. My player of the year so far.

:agree:

Kato
08-11-2009, 01:34 AM
I think it's fair to say a lot of players will have picked up the odd bruise and knock during the Shaberdeen game. A wee break now will hopefully see everyone over whatever is ailing them. Good point away is the bottom line from the derby.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-11-2009, 11:26 AM
QUOTE=Sauzee 4;2234907]I thought mcbride was excellent today. Neat and tidy. Far better than miller IMHO. My player of the year so far.[/QUOTE]
:agree::agree:

If we could have had two McBrides yesterday we would have been better equiped. Benji had a real stinker being sort of half midfielder and half forward. In fact, I would say that there was a lot wrong with our shape and set up and we really did not see much directiion from the bench to try and change things.

lumbo_hfc
08-11-2009, 11:27 AM
My opinion of McBride is that he would run about all day for the team and when he gets the ball he keeps it simple BUT he can not tackle and will does not tackle! Can't see where everyone is getting player of the season from as Liam Miller who he is playing beside does just as much tracking back, is more creative on the ball and and will actually put a foot in to the opposition to win the ball back!

McBride and Miller Yesterday lost the midfield battle and barring the 20 mins spell in the 2nd half we had, were annonomous!

PeterboroHibee
08-11-2009, 01:27 PM
The way we played meant we missed out Miller and McBride hoofing the ball up the pitch, but when they got on the ball you can see their qualities.

Hope we dont play like that again as we were effectivly taking out two of our best players.

lumbo_hfc
08-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Thought we were always likely to lose the midfield battle given the different approach and personnel, must be hard to play against Tyson, Bruno, Calzaghi and Kahn in midfield

it was a contest not a battle, it only then becomes a battle when they bring u down to their level, therefore gettin the better of u!

Doesn't mean u dont have to tackle no matter who u are playing! and if u are refering to stewart, black and palazuelos as big bruisers i think u need to think again! maybe hes not cut out for this level then because he will be playing against alot bigger players than they 3!

Dashing Bob S
08-11-2009, 02:51 PM
If Stewart is being touted for Scotland (admittedly only by Casa, and with sale value in mind - see Wallace, Berra, Driver etc) then McBride must be a shoe-in.

He's the most effective midfielder in Scotland in his role at the moment. Looked the part against EPL opposition in pre-season and deserves his chance, given the nonentities who have, do and will continue to walk into this squad.

cannastar
08-11-2009, 04:25 PM
totally agree ive been well impressed by mcbrides performances for us.even against hamilton he was the one trying to drag the team back into the match.i think the job he does is spot on as he collects the ball and gives it to the players who can create chances.it wouldnt surprise me if he had been carrying a knock from the aberdeen game as it was his ankle that took brunt of the dons boys poor challenge leading to the red card.yesterday i thought he had an above average game though you could see that he was looking to play the ball into the spaces that zemmama or deek would normally have been running into.i think a few people are overlooking the fact that three players who had started most of the games when we went on our good run were unavaillable to start thus the teams shape was altered markedly.benji im afraid just didnt seem to get into the game but im sure he will prove valuable to us over the season.well done to both nish and hogg who appear to have found their confidence again as we are going to need all squad players to perform when called upon.if zemmama is going to be absent for a few games,then id like to see galbraith given a few starts to see if he can add another option to the side as he would appear to be quite fast which cant be a bad thing.as for the scotland squad i believe that mcbride would prove to be an excellent selection but would like to see him continue in good form in a hibs jersey first and foremost.:notworthy: