PDA

View Full Version : Well done Yogi and Hibs, good first quarter

Mag7
07-11-2009, 04:59 PM
I didn't see the game today, but it sounds like we didn't play well enough to deserve a win. However, without Zemmama and Bamba a draw is a decent result and completes a very fine first quarter of the season. I admit I was worried by the Hamilton and St Johnstone (cup) results, but Yogi has done great IMHO. Sure, we are only playing well in patches, but better to start slow and improve rather than start with a bang and fizzle out as has often happened with Hibs teams.

I'd imagine everyone on here would have been happy with 21 points and sitting third at this stage if offered it before Now it's time to build on them!

Mikey
07-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Yep, third after the first round of matches isn't to be sneezed at. Now that Miller has settled in there's no reason why we can't keep up the tempo.

You'll be coming to the Falkirk game then? :wink:

:notworthy:

Mag7
07-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Yep, third after the first round of matches isn't to be sneezed at. Now that Miller has settled in there's no reason why we can't keep up the tempo.

You'll be coming to the Falkirk game then? :wink:

Yep, I hope to be there. Very impressed by the Hibees reunited initiative and feel inspired enough to make a return.

jakedance
07-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Well done to them.

I'm sure this team can improve too. We've not seen the best of Miller and Stokes yet and hopefully McCann can solve the right back problem. From what we've seen so far it will be a straight fight between us and United for third and Hearts will struggle to make the top six. The Scottish cup will be ours of course, put your mortgages on it.

whiskyhibby
07-11-2009, 05:26 PM
I didn't see the game today, but it sounds like we didn't play well enough to deserve a win. However, without Zemmama and Bamba a draw is a decent result and completes a very fine first quarter of the season. I admit I was worried by the Hamilton and St Johnstone (cup) results, but Yogi has done great IMHO. Sure, we are only playing well in patches, but better to start slow and improve rather than start with a bang and fizzle out as has often happened with Hibs teams.

I'd imagine everyone on here would have been happy with 21 points and sitting third at this stage if offered it before Now it's time to build on them!

AT THIS RATE WE ARE DESTINED FOR 70+ POINTS!!!

:top marks:top marks:top marks

:notworthy::notworthy:

sahib
07-11-2009, 06:24 PM
I agree with the OP a better performance in the first round of matches than I expected. Still, it is hard not to be dissapointed that we are not sitting second. Hope dies hard, even after all these years. One Hibs league win would be worth fifty for the old firm in this depressingly skewed league of ours.

Hibercelona
07-11-2009, 06:28 PM
21 points out of 33 isn't a bad return at all. :agree:

Spike Mandela
07-11-2009, 07:15 PM
St Mirren away in two weeks time is the sort of game we need to win to keep our season on track.

It's fixtures like this we used to lose around November time as our teams challenge used to fizzle out on the winter pitches combined with squad limitations.

Hopefully the two week break can help get the full squad back to fitness and get our momentum going again at a tricky venue against a difficult team.

Hibercelona
07-11-2009, 07:22 PM
St Mirren away in two weeks time is the sort of game we need to win to keep our season on track.

It's fixtures like this we used to lose around November time as our teams challenge used to fizzle out on the winter pitches combined with squad limitations.

Hopefully the two week break can help get the full squad back to fitness and get our momentum going again at a tricky venue against a difficult team.

The November slump (as its called) has already be proven to be a big pile of tosh. :wink: