PDA

View Full Version : Hogg Solid Today

mandiandihibs
07-11-2009, 04:03 PM
He gets a bit of stick from time to time, but just finished watching the whole game again, must say Hoggy was immense. Stood up to the long throw onslaught and dealt with everything thrown at him. Nothing fancy, did what he needed to. Murray didn't put a foot wrong either, another clean sheet is a positive.

Phil MaGlass
07-11-2009, 04:06 PM
You are kidding eh? unless you were watchin a different game from me:confused: he made so many basic errors in the first half it was frightening,his positioning was gash and only by LUCK they didnae score, one or two good tackles does not mean he had a good game in my book.Mibbe Im wrong?
Although it is good to see hertz, 2nd bottom, equal.

Ell_Chrisso
07-11-2009, 04:08 PM
You are kidding eh? unless you were watchin a different game from me:confused: he made so many basic errors in the first half it was frightening,his positioning was gash and only by LUCK they didnae score, one or two good tackles does not mean he had a good game in my book.Mibbe Im wrong?

EHHHH ? ? ? ? ? ? ? :confused::confused::confused:

BULLSH*T

Phil MaGlass
07-11-2009, 04:09 PM
obviously I was watchin a different game

NaeTechnoHibby
07-11-2009, 04:11 PM

You are smoking too much, sweetie :wink:

I thought Hogg and Murray were brilliant today :agree:

All defenders make mistakes, our's didnae cost us :agree:

Given they're a big physical team and no Bamba today, well done to both Hogg and Murray :thumbsup:

heretoday
07-11-2009, 04:12 PM
He was great in the second half but I was very uncomfortable with the defence earlier. It looked uncertain and clumsy.

down-the-slope
07-11-2009, 04:12 PM
I thought all 4 defenders stood up well today when I thought we might have missed Bamba.

Only complaint would be too few balls played out from the back through midfield in first half, resorting to humping it up to Nish who couldn't make a stamp stick at the moment

Ell_Chrisso
07-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Infact :top marks for the thread, to the original post.

Its not often Chris Hogg does get a mention when he deserves one. I thought he was superb today. Never looked under pressure.. Won plenty of headers, and stayed solid all game along with the man beside him Ian Murray.

I think this is one reason we are doing well this season, the fact that we are defending well!

HibbyAndy
07-11-2009, 04:15 PM

CH was outstanding today so yeah, you must have been watching a different game?

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm not a big fan of Hogg's but I thought he had a good game today. Their barrage of long throws, big punts and corners were all dealt with comfortably IMO.

Broken Gnome
07-11-2009, 04:18 PM
So much better. Not going to go over the top in praise as it's about time he had a decent game, but really good today.

As comfortable a Hibs defensive display, particularly defending crosses, as I've ever seen against Hearts,.

AllyF
07-11-2009, 04:19 PM
I thought Hogg dealt well with everything thrown his way today. Particularly at the corners and long-throws which just kept on coming.

The defence as a whole were rock solid.

Hibee_Lisa
07-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Good game from CH today, not one of his biggest fans but credit where credits due :agree: Keep it up.

Hibercelona
07-11-2009, 04:21 PM

It would seem that we were all watching a different game than you today. :wink:

I thought Hogg was great today... He's been gradually improving again.

Most of the stick he gets is uncalled for.

It's easy to point to the captain of a team.

Alex Trager
07-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Am being deadly serious the whole back four were solid today!!

NaeTechnoHibby
07-11-2009, 04:25 PM
I know this sounds pish but.... Hoggy can jump like Cannavaro( not quite but any watcher will get my drift) or a Salmon and he gets punished :bitchy:

I have seen both players punished because they can "jump" :thumbsup:

He also seems to get the right side defence if he's in a 3 man defence :agree:

Lay off Hoggy IMO :thumbsup:

mandiandihibs
07-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Infact :top marks for the thread, to the original post.

Its not often Chris Hogg does get a mention when he deserves one. I thought he was superb today. Never looked under pressure.. Won plenty of headers, and stayed solid all game along with the man beside him Ian Murray.

I think this is one reason we are doing well this season, the fact that we are defending well!

Cheers for that. Hoggy can be a frustrating player, but I watched closely today, hardly missed a header and cleared his lines time after time. Good to hear I wasn't the only one who noticed! Need that every week now!

Perspective
07-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Thought Hogg was our most impressive player today. A real captain's performance, despite all the stick he takes for apparently lacking leadership qualities.

Organised those around him well, was brave, won his headers and kept it simple with the ball.

Pass marks also to Murray, Stevenson and Wotherspoon.

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Organised those around him well, was brave, won his headers and kept it simple with the ball.

Pass marks also to Murray, Stevenson and Wotherspoon.

:agree: And the keeper.

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Hogg was very good today, thats a sentence i never thought i'd say. He needs to play like that every week.:top marks

The Voice Of Reason
07-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Hogg was very good today, thats a sentence i never thought i'd say. He needs to play like that every week.:top marks

:agree: Thought he played really well against Aberdeen last week also. Give me a solid defender over a "flashy" one every day of the week !

Perspective
07-11-2009, 05:19 PM
:agree: And the keeper.

Still not convinced.

Hibs Spain
07-11-2009, 05:22 PM
:agree: And the keeper.The telly obviously lies.. His phobia of coming for crosses or long throws couldn't have manifested itself accurately.Minute 69..a cross came over and from where I was sitting passed him by less than three feet with no attacker in sight ..He stays on his line and starts shouting at the guy at left back to clear the ball up the left wing, in a very authorative manner:bye ..Near the end he spillsa bread and butter ball,nearly a pen as a result and you think he's had a good game :faf:

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Still not convinced.

It's such a shame that you can't see past this. Your posts are normally really good but you just won't give this guy any credit for some reason.

The telly obviously lies.. His phobia of coming for crosses or long throws couldn't have manifested itself accurately.Minute 69..a cross came over and from where I was sitting passed him by less than three feet with no attacker in sight ..He stays on his line and starts shouting at the guy at left back to clear the ball up the left wing, in a very authorative manner:bye ..Near the end he spillsa bread and butter ball,nearly a pen as a result and you think he's had a good game :faf:

Was I not at the match? Another clean sheet - that's all that matters, isn't it?

And another "nearly" penalty - if the refs keep getting the decisions right we'll be ok. :rolleyes:

lucky
07-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Idont like Hogg as he could not pass water but today he was our MoM. Won all the headers he played very well

Perspective
07-11-2009, 05:34 PM
It's such a shame that you can't see past this. Your posts are normally really good but you just won't give this guy any credit for some reason.

I've no axe to grind with Stack and, obviously, as a Hibs fan I want him to do well.

I just don't like the aimless punts, inability to claim crosses or his idiotic behaviour (streaking, winding up oppoistion fans etc).

I realise the latter point might get me grief but I think too often in this country people associate 'character' with people acting like tubes.

euro Hibby
07-11-2009, 05:36 PM
credit where credit is due, Hogg had a very good game. He was busy for much of the 90 minutes and was never flustered. OK Nade is no great shakes but he is built like a bus. The fact is the defence could have played for 24 hours and still not lost a goal. Hearts deadball delivery was crap all day. Time and time again they floated the ball in and our defence just dealt with everything .......

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2009, 05:37 PM
I've no axe to grind with Stack and, obviously, as a Hibs fan I want him to do well.

I just don't like the aimless punts, inability to claim crosses or his idiotic behaviour (streaking, winding up oppoistion fans etc).

I realise the latter point might get me grief but I think too often in this country people associate 'character' with people acting like tubes.

I saw him claim a cross and also punching another one away today. No doubt they were straight at him or something though...

AllyF
07-11-2009, 05:39 PM

Eh?

He did excellent at coming for crosses today. Punched at least two of them out and at one point he was so desperate to get to the ball that he ended up heading it clear. Thought Stack had a great game today.

Hibercelona
07-11-2009, 05:42 PM

Whats Stack done thats been so bad? :confused:

He seems fairly confident at claiming crosses and punching them IMO.

His kicking isn't always that great. But I'd much rather see us building from the back than simply hoofing it up the park.

WindyMiller
07-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Eh?

He did excellent at coming for crosses today. Punched at least two of them out and at one point he was so desperate to get to the ball that he ended up heading it clear. Thought Stack had a great game today.

I was undecided before (despite HibSpain's forcefull attempts), but Stack's performance to-day confinced me that he's just the keeper we need.

Allant1981
07-11-2009, 05:48 PM
The telly obviously lies.. His phobia of coming for crosses or long throws couldn't have manifested itself accurately.Minute 69..a cross came over and from where I was sitting passed him by less than three feet with no attacker in sight ..He stays on his line and starts shouting at the guy at left back to clear the ball up the left wing, in a very authorative manner:bye ..Near the end he spillsa bread and butter ball,nearly a pen as a result and you think he's had a good game :faf:

You really are a FUD

Hibs Spain
07-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Idont like Hogg as he could not pass water but today he was our MoM. Won all the headers he played very wellHe had an average game,which is a few notches up from his usual.Was sitting with daughter No one during a six or seven pass move ..Ball went to Hogg,he lined up for a 50/50 lob up front ...I said we're going to lose possession here cos of this aimless punt ..And surprise surprise....

Si_17
07-11-2009, 05:53 PM

Sorry, but you talk pish. Hogg was immense today, won every header that came near him.

TornadoHibby
07-11-2009, 05:55 PM

:faf: :faf: :faf:

You were on the wrong channel mate! :wink:

Hogg and Murray were possibly our two best players today IMO! :agree:

Had they not been we could easily have lost a goal or two with the continual high ball launched into our box although (:eek: :woohoo: :shocked:) Stack did come off his line to help out two or three times especially in the second half! :cool2:

Hiber-nation
07-11-2009, 05:57 PM

Your constant attention seeking must be working as I heard 2 Hibbies on the way into the ground actually mention your name (in completely derogatory terms of course).

Must be agony to see him have another clean sheet eh :bye:

Oh and well done Hoggy, wasn't up against much but dealt with everything very well indeed.

MSK
07-11-2009, 06:01 PM
The telly obviously lies.. His phobia of coming for crosses or long throws couldn't have manifested itself accurately.Minute 69..a cross came over and from where I was sitting passed him by less than three feet with no attacker in sight ..He stays on his line and starts shouting at the guy at left back to clear the ball up the left wing, in a very authorative manner:bye ..Near the end he spillsa bread and butter ball,nearly a pen as a result and you think he's had a good game :faf:Your getting pretty boring now ..change the record ffs !!! :yawn:

Broken Gnome
07-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Hibs keeper in clangerless Tynecastle debut appearance gets stick.

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Thought the whole defence coped well with the corners, long balls and throw ins into the box., was a bit worried that without Bamba this would be our downfall today.

Glad to also see that the goalkeeping howlers which has blightened every Hibs goalkeeper in recent seasons didn't show face today. Stack doesn't come off his line as much as he should, but I do feel that with Stack in goals we're less likely to lose the freakish goals we've lost under previous goalkeepers.

brydekirk
07-11-2009, 06:15 PM
He gets a bit of stick from time to time, but just finished watching the whole game again, must say Hoggy was immense. Stood up to the long throw onslaught and dealt with everything thrown at him. Nothing fancy, did what he needed to. Murray didn't put a foot wrong either, another clean sheet is a positive.

:agree: he done well.

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Stack keeps clean sheet again, i'm getting sick of it.

TornadoHibby
07-11-2009, 06:19 PM

He didn't have a lot to do today tbh BH but he did come for a couple of high balls and punched clear so that's progress as far as I'm concerned! :agree:

Hogg and Murray comfortably dealt with most high balls that came in today and played well together IMO! :wink:

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2009, 06:24 PM
He didn't have a lot to do today tbh BH but he did come for a couple of high balls and punched clear so that's progress as far as I'm concerned! :agree:

Hogg and Murray comfortably dealt with most high balls that came in today and played well together IMO! :wink:

Hogg was very good,:agree: as was murray, my MOM.:top marks Stack again showed why Yogi plays him before Maka, we had another new defence today, and Stack organised them as if they had played together all season. Another game without a calamity, its wonderful, i wonder if it will catch on?:greengrin

cad
07-11-2009, 06:25 PM

Yer wrong on todays performance Phil :wink:
,Im of the opinion that Hogg should never have got the captains armband , and in the first quarter of this season was the weakest link in the defence ,Yogis dropped him and hes came back made the odd mistake like most players do at times ,but credit where credits due he Hoggy was superb today just my 10p worth .

GGTTH

Hibs Spain
07-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Your getting pretty boring now ..change the record ffs !!! :yawn:Me? boring? Don't think so..I'm reflecting on the way I see all the matches I attend..Why don't you ask the people who have diamtrically opposed views from mine to to change the record? It's hardly as though i'm in a minority. :bye:

I Love Lamp
07-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Hogg was very good,:agree: as was murray, my MOM.:top marks Stack again showed why Yogi plays him before Maka, we had another new defence today, and Stack organised them as if they had played together all season. Another game without a calamity, its wonderful, i wonder if it will catch on?:greengrin

Yes they were good. Stack makes the position his own more with each passing game.

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Me? boring? Don't think so..I'm reflecting on the way I see all the matches I attend..Why don't you ask the people who have diamtrically opposed views from mine to to change the record? It's hardly as though i'm in a minority. :bye:

:confused: You're definitely in the minority. And it's gettimg smaller and smaller.

It takes a big man to admit he's wrong.

Hibercelona
07-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Me? boring? Don't think so..I'm reflecting on the way I see all the matches I attend..Why don't you ask the people who have diamtrically opposed views from mine to to change the record? It's hardly as though i'm in a minority. :bye:

:faf:

:fishin:

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2009, 06:32 PM

I think you are in the minority, you are the only one who thinks Maka is up there with Buffon, while thinking Stack is worse than Zibi. Most folk realise we have 2 keepers who are decent, you on the other hand cant see whats staring you right in the face.

brydekirk
07-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Yer wrong on todays performance Phil :wink:
,Im of the opinion that Hogg should never have got the captains armband , and in the first quarter of this season was the weakest link in the defence ,Yogis dropped him and hes came back made the odd mistake like most players do at times ,but credit where credits due he Hoggy was superb today just my 10p worth .

GGTTH

:agree::agree::agree: hogg done a good job :thumbsup: im not hoggs biggest fan but he done well .

sahib
07-11-2009, 06:37 PM
I find my self warming to Stack. He is sort of a non-keeper. He has a sort of less is more, minimalist, approach to keeping goal. I thought that when he had to act to help his defence he did it, but by and large he just lets them get on with it.

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2009, 06:41 PM
I find my self warming to Stack. He is sort of a non-keeper. He has a sort of less is more, minimalist, approach to keeping goal. I thought that when he had to act to help his defense he did it, but by and large he just lets them get on with it.

Yes, less **** ups, = more clean sheets, all the decent keepers do this.:agree:

Hibs Spain
07-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Your getting pretty boring now ..change the record ffs !!! :yawn:Change your record or the records of those who diametrically oppose my views because you're obviously a little clique. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Change your record or the records of those who diametrically oppose my views because you're obviously a little clique. :wink:

Macar talks less pish than you do.:bitchy:

MSK
07-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Change your record or the records of those who diametrically oppose my views because you're obviously a little clique.Aw diddums ...perhaps more to the point you spout absolute gash ..:dummytit:

See, it obviously doesnt matter to you that Stack has had two clean sheets in a row ..it matters not a jot to you..just you keep fantasising about Maka ..:wink:

Hibs Spain
07-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Aw diddums ...perhaps more to the point you spout absolute gash ..:dummytit:

See, it obviously doesnt matter to you that Stack has had two clean sheets in a row ..it matters not a jot to you..just you keep fantasising about Maka ..:wink:And you keep fantasizing about Stack!

oconnors_strip
07-11-2009, 07:06 PM
And you keep fantasizing about Stack!

can you please create a new thread about stack!!!!!!!!!:grr:

this is a thread about chris hogg's performence today. i thought hoggy had a brilliant game today, looking like his formal self. :top marks he played well alongside murray and wotherspoon

Hibee_Lisa
07-11-2009, 07:13 PM

:agree: Bring back the fumbles ans stupidly sloppy goals!! :greengrin

Storar
07-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Hogg, Murray and Wotherspoon were very good today

Hiber-nation
07-11-2009, 07:21 PM
:agree: Bring back the fumbles ans stupidly sloppy goals!! :greengrin

:agree:

That was boring today.

MSK
07-11-2009, 07:21 PM
And you keep fantasizing about Stack!Im no fantasizing about Stack though, please point me to a post where i have been fantasizing about him ..gie the guy a break ffs, he has done absolutley nowt wrong but obviously something must have upset you as you keep mumping yer gums aboot him wi yer constant inane drivel ..!!!!

Hibs Spain
07-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Im no fantasizing about Stack though, please point me to a post where i have been fantasizing about him ..gie the guy a break ffs, he has done absolutley nowt wrong but obviously something must have upset you as you keep mumping yer gums aboot him wi yer constant inane drivel ..!!!!Please point me to a post where I've been fantasizing about Maka..

MSK
07-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Please point me to a post where I've been fantasizing about Maka..Aw gie it a ****in rest eh !!!

Sergey
07-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Please point me to a post where I've been fantasizing about Maka..

Removed
07-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Aw gie it a ****in rest eh !!!

:agree: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

As pointed out earlier this is a Hogg thread.

Well done Hoggy :thumbsup:

ceecee
07-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Thought Hogg was very good at winning headers and clearing his lines. But his distribution - a key part of defending IMO - was the usual cack. Reminded me of his Hamilton performance. But maybe that is influenced by Nish playing up front and we simply lump it up to him.

Jonnyboy
07-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Hoggy's had a bit of an up and down season IMO but he was good today. If I had to pick a fault it would be that he sends too many clearing headers into the middle of the park when he should be aiming to head the ball to either wing

Hibercelona
07-11-2009, 07:42 PM

You're going on and on and on, and you pick out every little thing that Stacks does and you put a negative spin on it.

On the other hand... You were always quick to defend Makas clangers.... You even said he done some of them on purpose. :crazy:

If you're that deluded... May I recommend a place full of your type? :cool2:

Sergey
07-11-2009, 07:44 PM

You're going on and on and on, and you pick out every little thing that Stacks does and you put a negative spin on it.

On the other hand... You were always quick to defend Makas clangers.... You even said he done some of them on purpose. :crazy:

If you're that deluded... May I recommend a place full of your type? :cool2:

:troll:

Hibs Spain
07-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Aw gie it a ****in rest eh !!!Give what a rest? Do you ask the pro Stack brigade to give a rest?

EasterRoad4Ever
07-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Thought Hogg had a good game today, against arguably the worst strike force in the SPL :agree:

Overall, Hibs were awful against bottom 6 fodder. The only players worth a mention were Murray and Wotherspoon. The rest we pretty poor. 2 points dropped meekly.

ian cruise
07-11-2009, 08:23 PM
hogg was great today, showing the form of last couple of seasons

would it be crazy to suggest trying a 3 man defence and lt lewis and wotherspoon play further up field

stack
hogg bamba murray
wotherspoon stevenson
mcbride miller
zemmama
stokes riordan

Hibs Spain
07-11-2009, 08:25 PM
:troll:You'll be on "nil by mouth" then?

oconnors_strip
07-11-2009, 08:29 PM
You'll be on "nil by mouth" then?

please take your non-hogg talk elsewhere. preferably far far away:bitchy:

Expecting Rain
07-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Hogg played well, Murray was immense.

Sergey
07-11-2009, 08:34 PM
You'll be on "nil by mouth" then?

You're teetering on the brink, bud.

Do yourself a favour and log out for the night.

I ain't in the mood for playing games.

Kaiser1962
07-11-2009, 08:36 PM
obviously I was watchin a different game

i was watching a different game as well. Hogg was MOM closely followed by Murray.

Hibs Spain
07-11-2009, 08:44 PM
You're teetering on the brink, bud.

Do yourself a favour and log out for the night.

I ain't in the mood for playing games.Teetering on the brink? I'm not playing games and I'm commenting on things the way I see them as a season ticket holder and an attendee of almost every away game every season for the last God knows how many years....

FranckSuzy
07-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Dear Hibs Spain

Whilst undoubtably you are entitled to your opinion, please take note of the following points:

Arguing with the admins is NOT a good idea unless you want a ban or expulsion
This is a Chris Hogg thread as pointed out previously. IMHO, I think the Capt. has his best game this season.
I'm sorry, but it is slightly deranged to continue arguing that your version of events/opinion is the only truth. Surely the fact that Hibs, not just Stack, kept a clean sheet today is the only point of the exercise?
Yours in a concerned, fellow Hibs.netter way

FS