PDA

View Full Version : Murray standing on Black

Monts
07-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Wont win him any votes after McGhees whinging last week...

Why did he bother?

zlatan
07-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Because Ian Black is a ****.

SlickShoes
07-11-2009, 02:07 PM

This

SRHibs
07-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Was ****ing stupid tbh.
Could've cost us if the ref had spotted it. Completely needless.

shamo9
07-11-2009, 02:08 PM
I though he was just wiping the feces from his boot? :devil::wink:

SlickShoes
07-11-2009, 02:09 PM
I though he was just wiping the feces from his boot? :devil::wink:

Nah he was standing on the feces

CapitalHibs
07-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Payback for Black stomping on Benji.:dunno:

Monts
07-11-2009, 02:10 PM

Is that worth gettin sent off in a derby for?

Hibs Class
07-11-2009, 02:11 PM
It was daft, and he was lucky that the linesman on that side pretty much missed everything today (everything being he got a few corners wrong and struggled to call throw-ins the right way)

zlatan
07-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Is that worth gettin sent off in a derby for?

It was cute, and just let Black know nice and early that he won't get away with his usual dirty tricks.

At the time the only people to notice it were the Hearts fans directly in front of the incident, like I said, it was cute.

Hibercelona
07-11-2009, 02:14 PM
He was probably frustrated due to the fact that we got nothing from the ref today. (Still no excuse for it though) If the media start mealing this, he could end up with a fine from the SFA.

On another matter...

What did Stokes get booked for? :confused:

Hibs Class
07-11-2009, 02:16 PM
He was probably frustrated due to the fact that we got nothing from the ref today. (Still no excuse for it though) If the media start mealing this, he could end up with a fine from the SFA.

On another matter...

What did Stokes get booked for? :confused:

Stokes was booked for a late tackle, clipping their boy's standing leg after he had played the ball away.

The Green Goblin
07-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Where did you get the idea that he "stood" on Black? He didn`t. From what I saw on the slo-mo replay, it was nothing whatsoever, slight contact in passing as he got to his feet.

GG

HibbyAndy
07-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Where did you get the idea that he "stood" on Black? He didn`t. From what I saw on the slo-mo replay, it was nothing whatsoever, slight contact in passing as he got to his feet.

GG

Correct.

Watched it back and cant see what IM does wrong TBH.

Austinho
07-11-2009, 04:20 PM
What time in the match did this happen?

steakbake
07-11-2009, 04:53 PM

GG

:agree:

It looked like he stood on him, but even if he had, i think the way they were tangled and the way murray got up he couldn't really avoid it.

judas
07-11-2009, 06:55 PM

Why did he bother?

I wouldn't change Murray or his temperament.

Black is a dirty wee 5hite.

Murray was simply fighting fire with fire.

--------
07-11-2009, 06:59 PM

Why did he bother?

Votes? he up for election for something?

Who cares about what McGhee thinks or says? Ian's sound - IF he stood on Black (and it's by no means certain he did) Black obviously deserved to be stood on.

If he didn't, Black STILL obviously deserved to be stood on. He's a haemorrhoid, and a Jambo.

Simples!

lapsedhibee
07-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Black is a dirty wee 5hite.

Did he manage to deliberately elbow Benji in the nuts at one point, without even bending down? :dunno:

Jonnyboy
07-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Votes? he up for election for something?

Who cares about what McGhee thinks or says? Ian's sound - IF he stood on Black (and it's by no means certain he did) Black obviously deserved to be stood on.

If he didn't, Black STILL obviously deserved to be stood on. He's a haemorrhoid, and a Jambo.

Simples!

He gives them a bad name IMO :greengrin

Toaods
07-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Murray never stood on Black or he would have walked without any doubt he used all his experience 2 rattle that wef tosserin the back of the legs when the opportunity presented itself.

Part/Time Supporter
07-11-2009, 08:29 PM

It looked like he stood on him, but even if he had, i think the way they were tangled and the way murray got up he couldn't really avoid it.

Let's put it this way though, he wasn't going to miss the opportunity.

:devil:

jacomo
07-11-2009, 09:03 PM

GG

Hmm.

Anyhow, I don't think Murray is a dirty player, but he'll certainly dish it out if needed.

Leithenhibby
07-11-2009, 09:25 PM
GG

Spot on, it looked as if IM lost slight balance we he got too his feet. :agree:

From what I saw on the tele anyway..

truehibernian
08-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Wrong, yes, but hey, always good standing on a Hearts **** like Black who winked and laughed when he took out Benji. Derby football at the end of the day. Should have raked the studs a wee bit harder down the wee hobits calf muscle IMO

The_Horde
08-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Who cares about Mcghee?

Toaods
08-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Murray never stood on Black or he would have walked without any doubt he used all his experience 2 rattle that wef tosserin the back of the legs when the opportunity presented itself.

have to correct myself...Murray defo stood on the back of Ian Black's knee. Well Done Ian...:thumbsup:

Hibs Spain
08-11-2009, 09:36 PM

Why did he bother?Never noticed it at the game but watching the replays,it was a bit naughty ...:greengrin

MB62
09-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Never noticed it at the game but watching the replays,it was a bit naughty ...:greengrin

Never noticed the incident and can't find it on the highlights (?) (HIGHlights, were there any?)

A wee link would be appreciated if anybody can manage that.

Golden Bear
09-11-2009, 08:40 AM
The incident was highlighted during the ESPN live broadcast. Unfortunately the slow motion replay suggested that it was a deliberate act and will not exactly enhance IM's reputation.

scoopyboy
09-11-2009, 08:48 AM
The incident was highlighted during the ESPN live broadcast. Unfortunately the slow motion replay suggested that it was a deliberate act and will not exactly enhance IM's reputation.

I never noticed it at the game to be honest. Never seen any footage since.

Thing is it couldn't have been that bad or the big team would have been going nutz about it on keekback.

Golden Bear
09-11-2009, 09:01 AM
I never noticed it at the game to be honest. Never seen any footage since.

Thing is it couldn't have been that bad or the big team would have been going nutz about it on keekback.

Least said the better I think.

basehibby
09-11-2009, 10:05 AM
From watching the replays at the time there was very little in it - if IM had meant to hurt Black he would have known all about it - as it turned out there was a collision and both went to ground - IM's boot does make contact with black's body as he untangles himself but there's no weight behind it - thus no stamping involved.

Judas Iscariot
09-11-2009, 10:27 AM
What time in the game did this happen?

Still got it on Sky+ so want to see it for myself!

If it was intentional he should have stamped on the wee yam jakeball harder!

brog
09-11-2009, 02:25 PM
I dont think it was intentional at all & fair play to Black, he made no fuss about it. Stuart Dougal does today however in DR. Assuming Dougal was in the press box he must have been about 70 yards from the incident. Dougal never spotted OF fouls against Hibs so his eyesight has improved remarkably post retirement!

Toaods
09-11-2009, 06:14 PM
What time in the game did this happen?

Still got it on Sky+ so want to see it for myself!

If it was intentional he should have stamped on the wee yam jakeball harder!

I've deleted it but 1st half in front of the heatfield. Miraay chases a ball forward and accidently collides with Ian Black. Totally accidental however if you watch Murray when he gets up he is drawing his left leg back over the fallen Black and when placing his foot back down he ever so sweetly places it in the soft flesh at the back of Black's knee.

No studs, stamp or rugby style rake just getting the full weight right on it. Surprised the linesman never spoke up.

The Green Goblin
09-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Still think there was absolutely nothing going on here - nothing.

Stuart Dougal`s column/journo `remit` is probably to stir up crap and pass it off as expert opinion.

GG