PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Support

Gerrintaethem
07-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Only managed to get the game on the radio but sounded fantastic, especially in the 2-3 minutes after Nade got taken off :nade::feed:

For those who watched on the TV, how were numbers?
:notworthy:

JE89
07-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Only managed to get the game on the radio but sounded fantastic, especially in the 2-3 minutes after Nade got taken off :nade::feed:

Sellout. Great shift from the fans :agree:

bobbyhibs1983
07-11-2009, 02:44 PM

we sold out our allocation mate, last week or so there have been threads about posters who would like spare tickets.

agree about the point about the 2-3minutes after nade, got a standing ovation from the home support as well:greengrin

a lil question, there seemed to be 5-6 soilders in there uniforms in the hibs end, sitting together, did the club give them tickets for free?if so good touch

hibztilltheend
07-11-2009, 02:58 PM
could we start to sing and sell out every game and no just the big games.

sparkiehibs
07-11-2009, 03:39 PM
could we start to sing and sell out every game and no just the big games.

Great point

Especially Home Games

We should be filling out our 3 stands completely plus a big chunk of the south

Rick Rude
07-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Biggest respect has to go to the boy in the hearts end who appeared in the corner about half time and proceeded to show off the hibs badge tattooed on his arm, sing a few hibs song, abuse ian black whilst he was taking a corner and all the while the hearts fans around hibs remained oblivious. The undercover hibby is a legend!!! :greengrin

GlesgaeHibby
07-11-2009, 04:18 PM
we sold out our allocation mate, last week or so there have been threads about posters who would like spare tickets.

agree about the point about the 2-3minutes after nade, got a standing ovation from the home support as well:greengrin

a lil question, there seemed to be 5-6 soilders in there uniforms in the hibs end, sitting together, did the club give them tickets for free?if so good touch

Was great to get a full run through of 10 men couldnae carry. I made it on TV at that point :greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
07-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Amazing today, **** game but had a great day atmosphere was superb:thumbsup:

thebakerboy
07-11-2009, 06:52 PM
First time at the PBS for 25 years had a great time only 2 things spoiled it slightly 1. the general performance of the team(keeper and back 4 excepted) 2. the wee clown that broke up a seat at end of game and was taking the broken bits home.
THE BEST BIT was the boy David sidestepping Mr Stewart causing him to slide on his backside into the wall:bye::faf: The Nade song and the Driver for England chants were brill:top marks:notworthy:

.SeventyFive
07-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Was great to get a full run through of 10 men couldnae carry. I made it on TV at that point :greengrin

It was fantastic how it really gathered pace and by about 7 (poor) men, the Hearts fans were completely drowned out.

CallumHibs07
07-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Amazing today, **** game but had a great day atmosphere was superb:thumbsup:

Disagree mate, thought the atmosphere was piss poor, especially for a derby and compared to "the Riordan game" last time out.

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Disagree mate, thought the atmosphere was piss poor, especially for a derby and compared to "the Riordan game" last time out.

yip agree, not much singing to be honest, apart from the dreaded WM songs.......

lapsedhibee
07-11-2009, 07:12 PM
THE BEST BIT was the boy David sidestepping Mr Stewart causing him to slide on his backside into the wall:bye::faf:

Was excellent and probably the only piece of skill in the whole match that'll stick in the mind as long as tomorrow.

Sloppy
07-11-2009, 09:50 PM
yip agree, not much singing to be honest, apart from the dreaded WM songs.......
were was you sitting, i was in block L and thought the singing was continuous:confused:

Jonnyboy
07-11-2009, 09:56 PM

I think the atmosphere at Tynie is electric when they sing throughout but they were pretty quiet today which made the general atmosphere at the game pretty poor

Sylar
I was wondering if we oversold our allocation actually? At the single seats, in block M (at the very edge of the stand), there were a fair few of them with 2 folks standing/sitting here, and in the row in front of me, there were 6 guys to 3 seats, which resulted in them standing for the full game!

Some of the craic from the fans around me today was top-drawer, though there were a few utter headcases just behind me, who were absolutely infatuated with the fact that Goncalves kept taking foul throws, screaming at the linesman "watch his ****ing leg!".

HibbiesandtheBaddies
were was you sitting, i was in block L and thought the singing was continuous:confused:

We were Block L too and I thought the atmos was really good. Could be that there wasn't much singing elsewhere tho.

Sloppy
07-11-2009, 10:00 PM
We were Block L too and I thought the atmos was really good. Could be that there wasn't much singing elsewhere tho.
:agree:probably

CapitalHibs
07-11-2009, 10:04 PM
I was wondering if we oversold our allocation actually? At the single seats, in block M (at the very edge of the stand), there were a fair few of them with 2 folks standing/sitting here, and in the row in front of me, there were 6 guys to 3 seats, which resulted in them standing for the full game!

Some of the craic from the fans around me today was top-drawer, though there were a few utter headcases just behind me, who were absolutely infatuated with the fact that Goncalves kept taking foul throws, screaming at the linesman "watch his ****ing leg!".

They are right! Saw that too, watching on HibsTV. Goncalves lifts his back foot off the ground on almost every throw-in. Definite "foul throw.":agree:

GlesgaeHibby
07-11-2009, 10:13 PM

Hibs TO made a massive cock up. They made a cock up by double selling our tickets (which we booked ages ago) and then told us we had to get them at Tynecastle and assured us that we wouldn't have other people wanting our seats. How wrong they were.

Sylar
07-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Hibs TO made a massive cock up. They made a cock up by double selling our tickets (which we booked ages ago) and then told us we had to get them at Tynecastle and assured us that we wouldn't have other people wanting our seats. How wrong they were.

I know - I was in the Murrayfield Hotel with you prior to kick off :greengrin

GlesgaeHibby
07-11-2009, 10:16 PM
I know - I was in the Murrayfield Hotel with you prior to kick off :greengrin

:faf: Fail!

Sylar
07-11-2009, 10:19 PM
:faf: Fail!

Being that Scott never introduced you though, I only now know who LyonHibs is!

Guy with the glasses? (must be, seeing as you're a physicist :cool2:)

Sorry for the complete hijack!

GlesgaeHibby
07-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Being that Scott never introduced you though, I only now know who LyonHibs is!

Guy with the glasses? (must be, seeing as you're a physicist :cool2:)

Sorry for the complete hijack!

Got it in one. Were you the guy with the water?

thebakerboy
07-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Nae problem with ticket , in fact there were 2 empty seats on each side of me but unable to sit on my seat as everyone was standing but have to say singing of Nade song and Driver for Engerland was superb but was totally ***ked when I got home ,not used to standing at matches at my great age:greengrin

Sylar
07-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Got it in one. Were you the guy with the water?

What a nice way to put it :faf:

Aye, that was me (don't drink, so...)!

marti1875
08-11-2009, 07:15 AM
I watched it on TV here and thought that there seemed like no atmosphere at all really?? Maybe if you were there it was different but it certainly didn't really come across that way on TV apart from the odd occasion. Mind you, having to suffer watching that awful dire game there wasnae exactly much to sing about i suppose. It actually sent my aussie mates off to sleep...or maybe that was due to the ridiulous amounts of alcohol that was consumed prior to the game, after all it was 23.30 here when it kicked off,!:greengrin

Petrie's Tache
08-11-2009, 07:35 AM

Get a room you two! Away and discuss Noetic science and its relationship to conventional physics, with particular to if all things contain mass, therfore do thoughts/emotions, contain/produce mass and can they collectivley effect the mass surrounding them? And how would this effect the super string theory?

While I am at it wasn't the superstring theory written long before Einstein? Maybe wrong with that one though!

PS Not anything to do with physics, just interested.

:greengrin

greenlex
08-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Definately not as good an atmosphere than the Riordan penalty game.
I think it was more to do with the performance yesterday. It did not compare to the Riordan game. If we had played like we can yesterday it would have been vintage!!!!

heartbreaker
10-11-2009, 08:45 PM
It was an uninspiring Derby onfield and the home team did nothing to get the fans going. Most matches depend on the home support being up for it to have any real athmosphere and the Gorgons were happy to slink away with a draw.

If we're still top 3 come the home game we should raise the roof.

lyonhibs
10-11-2009, 09:01 PM

Given the appalling nick and subsequent fool I made of myself by 11pm that night and a horrendous text outbox (13 missed calls from the ladyfriend...................:idea:) I may soon be joining you on that pledge.

I think the atmosphere is slightly diminished in the lower tier for some reason, and I think from the off, with the players that didn't make it, we - as a support - were more nervous than normal.

Still, good atmosphere, and impressed that we made the Nade song last for all 10 rounds!!

erin go bragh
10-11-2009, 09:48 PM
watched the game in an irish bar in playa blanca[lanzarote] hibs end looked packed but dire game until deeks appeared
but fair enjoyed my halftime pint on the beach:wink: