PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Touch and passes

HFC 0-7
07-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Dont know how many times a Hibs player had the ball passed to them and their first touch showed so much to the hearts players that they nicked in and got the ball. I know Hearts were playing tight, but this will happen again over the course of the season so it needs to get sorted.

Also, a lot of lazy passes today from Rankin (poor game I though, didnt look sharp), Mcbride (Looked tired) and especially miller who also looked tired. Miller at times looked to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible when he could drive forward with it and other times wanted too much time.

Thoughts?

bobbyhibs1983
07-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Dont know how many times a Hibs player had the ball passed to them and their first touch showed so much to the hearts players that they nicked in and got the ball. I know Hearts were playing tight, but this will happen again over the course of the season so it needs to get sorted.

Also, a lot of lazy passes today from Rankin (poor game I though, didnt look sharp), Mcbride (Looked tired) and especially miller who also looked tired. Miller at times looked to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible when he could drive forward with it and other times wanted too much time.

Thoughts?

agree 100%
i also feel there is a lack of width as well as a lack of pace and a lack of movement,I felt when we got the ball , whoever it was, looked up,. no movement, hearts players moves in and nicks the ball

TheBall'sRound
07-11-2009, 01:53 PM
agree 100%
i also feel there is a lack of width as well as a lack of pace and a lack of movement,I felt when we got the ball , whoever it was, looked up,. no movement, hearts players moves in and nicks the ball

have to say I thought miller was very harshly treated by the ref. Everytime he won the ball it seemed to annoy the ref. Thought Conroy ruined the game.

bobbyhibs1983
07-11-2009, 01:56 PM
have to say I thought miller was very harshly treated by the ref. Everytime he won the ball it seemed to annoy the ref. Thought Conroy ruined the game.

ye do agree with you, thoguht 1-2 of his tackles were free kicks though the others were 50-50's and should have let the game flow

euro Hibby
07-11-2009, 01:59 PM
very true especially inthe first half where the ball was trated like a hot potato. I think that was Hearts at their best while we have still a couple of gears to move up.

johnbc70
07-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Something that needs worked on in training - our first touch was awful and usually ended up with ball 10 yards away.

RIP
07-11-2009, 05:50 PM

Thoughts?

Asbofucinglootley

My boys had to watch me screaming at the telly most of the game. FIRST TOUCH!!FIRST TOUCH!!FIRST TOUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Benji, Stokes, Nish - all had the boots on the wrong feet?

davym7062
07-11-2009, 05:56 PM
thought miller was good in 2nd half only footballer on the park.

our 1st touch was poor but we missed zemamma big time but not easy on a pitch thats the same size as a 5 aside park

SANH 1875
07-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Was very poor, thought nish had his ice skates on as usual, no upper body strength at all. Nish, Stokes and Benji all poor today which meant midfield had a hard task to takre a touch, look up and find movement. That said, both Miller and Wotherspoon played v. well 2nd half and all hibs good passing stemmed from them. Bit of a non-event overall though:yawn:, other than nade song of course:top marks