PDA

View Full Version : Not a bad result in the circumstances (merged)

Part/Time Supporter
07-11-2009, 01:25 PM
2.5 key players down
never played
that's probably about as well as they've played

Still 11 points clear of a direct rival for a European place.

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-11-2009, 01:26 PM
My take is that at no time did the yams look like scoring, ok they dominated but they are pish poor up front, if anything we looked more likely to score, not the best performance from us but it proves they are a poor lot

Keith_M
07-11-2009, 01:28 PM
First round of games (11) finished, 21pts. Not a bad return when you think about it.

Still dissappointed today though.

hibiedude
07-11-2009, 01:28 PM
A great chance for us to go 4 clear of the huns

But as said we didn't play well and must be happy with a point.

But the yams were there for the taking today

Jim44
07-11-2009, 01:29 PM
A draw at Tynie and still three wins and and two draws ahead of them. I'd have jumped at that at the start of the season. We've got everything to look forward to in the next third of the season.

Part/Time Supporter

Hardly.

Hibercelona
How flookey are these bams at getting corners?! :grr:

It happens in every Edinburgh derby....

Every single deflection goes out for a corner! :grr:

Happy with a point though... unlucky not to nick it with another Wotherspoon special. (That man is class) :cool2:

Dibben
07-11-2009, 01:30 PM
If the big team can't beat us at home, when we, the wee team are missing some of our best players, and play badly, well. Not a good time to be the big team eh?

BH.

HFC 0-7
07-11-2009, 01:30 PM
2.5 key players down
never played
that's probably about as well as they've played
Still 11 points clear of a direct rival for a European place.

Not a bad result, but clearly shows how weak a squad we have. Nish played because bamba was out as we needed the height. Dont know how many times Nish was on his backside. He never won much in the air and not good at holding the ball up.

Zemmama missing means we have no creativeness. Hibs play well when a player can beat one man as this opens the game up, Wotherspoon did it once in the match and we almost scored. Stokes is wasted on the right.

In my opinion it was because we had to accomodate Nish that we were so bad. If Bamba was in, Nish wouldnt play, Stokes would be through the middle to make runs and drag the defenders around, Nish just doesnt do that.

I worry for January time when Bamba is away and possibly Zemmama. But until then, when Bamba and Zemmama are playing, I think we can take anyone and will play properly.

Part/Time Supporter
07-11-2009, 01:31 PM

There's no need to focus on Rantic. Unless Rangers do have a fire sale in January, they and Celtic will be 1-2 this season by a street. In the real world a point away to Hearts when you're already 11 in front is a good result. Hopefully Killie and Hamilton take points off Dundee Utd and Motherwell.

hibiedude
07-11-2009, 01:32 PM
They dominated with a piss poor team :confused:

Darth Hibbie
First round of games (11) finished, 21pts. Not a bad return when you think about it.

Still dissappointed today though.

:agree:

If someone had offered us to be in this position at the beginning of the season we would have bit their hand off.

bobbyhibs1983
Hardly.

you do realise that there best striker,nade, hasn't scored in 9months?

Thought we should have went 442, i hate 541 with a passion.Very dissapointed that in the 1st 45mins we had one,yes one half chance.
but hey one point and atleast we never got beat,

Hearts were piss poor today but we were worse or did I read the game wrong :confused:

2belhaven
07-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Probably as poor performances as we will get both last week against the sheep and today but we took 4 points which would never had happened previous seasons.

Quite content with outcome of opening round of fixtures.

As for hearts.....they are going to struggle to get top six with no cutting edge and possibly Driver leaving in january.

Head up !

Part/Time Supporter
07-11-2009, 01:35 PM

Thought we should have went 442, i hate 541 with a passion.Very dissapointed that in the 1st 45mins we had one,yes one half chance.

Hibs played the same system they have all season, 4-2-3-1. They played poorly and got forced back, which isolated Nish for most of the game.

bobbyhibs1983
07-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Hearts were piss poor today but we were worse or did I read the game wrong :confused:

thought it was a better 2nd half from us, I siad in the post above we had 1 half chance /shot in the 1st 45mins, i mean wtf?

thought deeks gave us something though i felt he was greedy on a couple of occasions, could have passed it to a player in a better position to shoot.

bobbyhibs1983
07-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Hibs played the same system they have all season, 4-2-3-1. They played poorly and got forced back, which isolated Nish for most of the game.

feel that system is still 541 mate imo, but imo we need 2 strikers upfront,as i feel it is negitive to have one striker upfront, but then again the big team do that dont they?:hmmm:

Monts
07-11-2009, 01:39 PM
I would have taken a point if offered it before the game...even before we knew there was no zemmama or bamba, and deek was on the bench.

Its disappoiningg that we didnt pla well at all as who knows what could have happened if we did, but the point is good enough for now.

How many games unbeaten is that now? In the league and against them?

Cant grumble really.

hibiedude
07-11-2009, 01:40 PM
There's no need to focus on Rantic. Unless Rangers do have a fire sale in January, they and Celtic will be 1-2 this season by a street. In the real world a point away to Hearts when you're already 11 in front is a good result. Hopefully Killie and Hamilton take points off Dundee Utd and Motherwell.

Do we not worry about the team behind us which happens to be the huns' A win today would have us 4 clear it's not all about how far we are from the yams and in the real world a point against a piss poor team is not good enough mind you thats just my opinion.

matty_f
07-11-2009, 01:42 PM
it was typical of their luck in this fixture that we were missing key players, yet they still couldn't beat us. not gutted with the point.

Hibercelona
They dominated with a piss poor team :confused:

We got a result at Tynecastle (By far the toughest place for Hibs to go) and yous are whining?

As for them dominating... Hardly.

Did I read the game wrong, or did 90% of Hearts chances come from miles outside the box that never looked to be troubling Stack? :confused:

We were dreadful today... But the fact that Hearts were unable to take advantage of that says it all about their quality.

Bring on the next derby!

:notworthy:

AFKA5814_Hibs
I would have taken a point if offered it before the game...even before we knew there was no zemmama or bamba, and deek was on the bench.

Its disappoiningg that we didnt pla well at all as who knows what could have happened if we did, but the point is good enough for now.

Cant grumble really.

Hibs unbeaten in last 5 league derbies, only lost one in last 8 league derbies.

It was a poor performance from Hibs over the 90 minutes, but I thought without Bamba we were brilliant in defence, especially up against about 100 long throw ins from Gonclaves.

Over the piece, a draw is a decent result. We will be 3rd at worst after the first quarter, I think we'd all have taken that at the start of the season.

hibiedude
07-11-2009, 01:43 PM
thought it was a better 2nd half from us, I siad in the post above we had 1 half chance /shot in the 1st 45mins, i mean wtf?

thought deeks gave us something though i felt he was greedy on a couple of occasions, could have passed it to a player in a better position to shoot.

Be honest could we have been any worse than we were in the first half so the 2nd half was alway going to be better.

the positives are we kept a clean sheet

And still can't understand why R01rdan did start

HFC 0-7
07-11-2009, 01:45 PM
it was typical of their luck in this fixture that we were missing key players, yet they still couldn't beat us. not gutted with the point.

Agree that its their luck that it comes at a time when we are missing players, problem is that its going to happen over the course of the season with injuries, suspensions, international duty. What it showed today that the squad needs strengthening, although, as I have said previously I think including Nish for height, unblanaced the team with stokes out wide. Nish wasnt giving the defenders a hard enough time.

CapitalHibs
07-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Hibs unbeaten in last 5 league derbies, only lost one in last 8 league derbies.

It was a poor performance from Hibs over the 90 minutes, but I thought without Bamba we were brilliant in defence, especially up against about 100 long throw ins from Gonclaves.
Over the piece, a draw is a decent result. We will be 3rd at worst after the first quarter, I think we'd all have taken that at the start of the season.

Yep, I knew they were going to attack our lack of height in the penalty area and Stacks reluctance to come for cross balls but I though we defended that brilliantly.

Col2

Cant grumble really.

They have only won one out of last eight league derbies. They also failed to score on last four league derbies, 3 of which have been at PBS.

Still they crow about the Edinburgh derby being the most one sided in world derby history.

500miles
In hindsight, I think we should have finished with the following team....

.......................Stack
....Hogg....Thicot........Murray...Stevenson
................McBride.Miller
...Wotherspoon..........Galbraith
................Riordan.Nish

Wotherspoon always looked a danger when going forward, and Galbraith would have given us a bit of pace to run at Hearts - something they didn't cope well with when we done it.

Stokes didn't have a great game, and Riordan looked fit when he came on. Nish was winning little knock downs all day, but there was no-one picking up the ball, and if Riordan, and perhaps even Stokes, was playing closer to him we would have got more shots away.

Perhaps the lateness of the call offs caused a bit of the edginess earlier on, and it would help explain how we improved as the game went on, but today was a wasted oppertunity to pick up another two points, and make clear our superiority over Hearts. We are a far better team than them.

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2009, 01:48 PM
We never played well, but picked up an away point in a derby game. That will do for me. It shows how far we have come, in such a short space of time, when we are disappointed with only one point.:thumbsup:

hibiedude
07-11-2009, 01:49 PM
We got a result at Tynecastle (By far the toughest place for Hibs to go) and yous are whining?

As for them dominating... Hardly.

Did I read the game wrong, or did 90% of Hearts chances come from miles outside the box that never looked to be troubling Stack? :confused:

We were dreadful today... But the fact that Hearts were unable to take advantage of that says it all about their quality.

Bring on the next derby!

:notworthy:

The hardest place for us to go is Glasgow (Fact)

They had 65% of the first half which means they dominated

check the % for the 2nd half again they dominated

And who is whining its called opinion mate we all have them

HFC 0-7
07-11-2009, 01:51 PM
We never played well, but picked up an away point in a derby game. That will do for me. It shows how far we have come, in such a short space of time, when we are disappointed with only one point.:thumbsup:

I am not disappointed with a point, I am disappointed with the way we performed today. Looked very poor in the first half, and in my opinion we are lucky it was hearts we were playing as they have no strike force.

I am more worried than anything, probably because of the need for zemmama.

hibiedude
07-11-2009, 01:53 PM

From our Mixu days BH todays result is a positive resilt but as you state we didn't play well and in other posts on this topic we were playing a bad hearts team who main striker has not scored for 8 months.

Just disapointed at the way we played today but will always except a point at tynecastle

bobbyhibs1983
07-11-2009, 01:54 PM
The hardest place for us to go is Glasgow (Fact)

They had 65% of the first half which means they dominated

check the % for the 2nd half again they dominated

And who is whining its called opinion mate we all have them

i agree, they had more chances, and more pocession in the 1st half, so yes they did dominate,
unsure bout the pocession for the 2nd half but i think we did better % wise and we have shots either on or off traget.
As you say everyone has an opinion and i feel everyone has hibs best intrests at heart so please respects others opinion ,

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2009, 01:56 PM
I am not disappointed with a point, I am disappointed with the way we performed today. Looked very poor in the first half, and in my opinion we are lucky it was hearts we were playing as they have no strike force.

I am more worried than anything, probably because of the need for zemmama.

I cant see how we were lucky, They never had a shot on target? Of course we will miss Zemamma, what team wouldn't? Its another game undefeated. Its international week next week, our injured players get more time to recover. Yes we want to win, yes we want to play well, sometimes you just cant get what you want. Today represents progress, and thats good enough for me.:thumbsup:

kevo1875
07-11-2009, 02:01 PM
yes hearts dominated possession but we limited them to long poor attempts at goal the only save of the game was at their end .........

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2009, 02:02 PM
From our Mixu days BH todays result is a positive resilt but as you state we didn't play well and in other posts on this topic we were playing a bad hearts team who main striker has not scored for 8 months.

Just disapointed at the way we played today but will always except a point at tynecastle

From our Mixu days today is positive, but from our Turnbull days it was not.:wink: I dont buy into this bad hearts team, it was a derby, they will always be difficult games, we played very average, but did not lose. We are sitting 2nd in the league, having played everyone, had some very good performances, some average and a couple of bad ones. Thats progress in my book, thats why i'm not disappointed.:thumbsup:

CapitalHibs
07-11-2009, 02:04 PM
I cant see how we were lucky, They never had a shot on target? Of course we will miss Zemamma, what team wouldn't? Its another game undefeated. Its international week next week, our injured players get more time to recover. Yes we want to win, yes we want to play well, sometimes you just cant get what you want. Today represents progress, and thats good enough for me.:thumbsup:

Today also showed me two things, WE need to strengthen in January, A good right back so Wotherspoon can move into midfield and another Zemmama type creative player.

HFC 0-7
07-11-2009, 02:06 PM

read what i posted! I said we were lucky because it was hearts, and they have no strike force, hence very little shots on target! Any other team has better strikers and therefore probably would have been able to put away the chances. IMO if you give a team that many chances, that much possession, that many corners, that many throw ins close to our box when they have a massive throw in and offer very little up front its lucky to get a point.

I think a draw was a fair point, only because Hearts never looked like scoring easily because they have no strike force.

hibiedude
07-11-2009, 02:08 PM
i agree, they had more chances, and more pocession in the 1st half, so yes they did dominate,
unsure bout the pocession for the 2nd half but i think we did better % wise and we have shots either on or off traget.
As you say everyone has an opinion and i feel everyone has hibs best intrests at heart so please respects others opinion ,

I have alway's respected others opinions please show me were I haven't

We are 2nd in the league and call me foolish but I though as the in-form team in the league I though we were better than what was on offer today.

Part/Time Supporter
07-11-2009, 02:11 PM
I have alway's respected others opinions please show me were I haven't

We are 2nd in the league and call me foolish but I though as the in-form team in the league I though we were better than what was on offer today.

Hibs have been getting good results, but they've hardly been thrashing teams out of sight. They've been competing well in games and then taking the one big chance to win in most of the games.

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2009, 02:12 PM
read what i posted! I said we were lucky because it was hearts, and they have no strike force, hence very little shots on target! Any other team has better strikers and therefore probably would have been able to put away the chances. IMO if you give a team that many chances, that much possession, that many corners, that many throw ins close to our box when they have a massive throw in and offer very little up front its lucky to get a point.

I think a draw was a fair point, only because Hearts never looked like scoring easily because they have no strike force.

I did read what you said, i just choose to disagree with it. They may not have forwards who are scoring, but they still have forwards on the pitch that need marked. Other teams might have better strikers than hearts, but what chances is it you are talking about, that they would have put away? I cant think of one chance, or even one save Stack had to make.

RickyS
07-11-2009, 02:16 PM

I suppose if your at Tynie and dont play well, you have to be happy with a point but I have to say seein on the screen attempts 16 to our 1 did not make happy reading. I was surprised when they took Black off as he had three of those shots on target.

HFC 0-7
07-11-2009, 02:22 PM
I did read what you said, i just choose to disagree with it. They may not have forwards who are scoring, but they still have forwards on the pitch that need marked. Other teams might have better strikers than hearts, but what chances is it you are talking about, that they would have put away? I cant think of one chance, or even one save Stack had to make.

I can remember a few saves stack had to make. Just because stack didnt have to make 50 wonder saves, this doesnt mean that we were lucky to get a point. What I am saying is that if they had decent strikers they probably would have won. Strikers dont just shoot they get into positions, and bad strikers dont get into positions. Short of getting 2 forklift trucks out there to put nade in the right positions, bad strikers wont get into the correct positions.

this is my point, they had plenty of possession, plenty of corners and with good strikers they would have got goals.

And by the way hearts had 12 shots on targets and 9 off. (Doesnt mean Stack had to save 12 shots by the way)

they also had 12 corners to our 2.

Onceinawhile
07-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Rangers Away
Aberdeen Home
Hearts Away.

5 points is a solid, solid effort. Alright, today's performance was terrible but we were still the team who had the best chance. Today was the last tynie derby of the decade and I'm fairly sure we've only won three times there in that time (not including vs St. Johnstone) To think that we have any sort of right to go there and win is crazy.

Onwards and upwards, that's where we are going:agree:

Hibercelona
07-11-2009, 02:24 PM
I can remember a few saves stack had to make. Just because stack didnt have to make 50 wonder saves, this doesnt mean that we were lucky to get a point. What I am saying is that if they had decent strikers they probably would have won. Strikers dont just shoot they get into positions, and bad strikers dont get into positions. Short of getting 2 forklift trucks out there to put nade in the right positions, bad strikers wont get into the correct positions.

this is my point, they had plenty of possession, plenty of corners and with good strikers they would have got goals.

And by the way hearts had 12 shots on targets and 9 off. (Doesnt mean Stack had to save 12 shots by the way)

I totally agree.

We weren't "lucky".... Hearts are mince.

End of

GGTTH

Hibercelona
07-11-2009, 02:25 PM
People are calling us "lucky".

How lucky were Hearts with Wotherspoons shot?

We could may well have taken all 3 points today.

Hibs7
07-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Just my opinion, but hearts would never have scored in a month of sundays, Wotherspoon is class act so much so that Driver changed wings a he was getting nowhere, young Lewis didn't give him an easier time of it either, all in all I thought we were better in the second half but I never once worried about them scoring, they are pish and a full strength Hibs team playing football would have ripped them, did you see Yogi shouting at the Hibs players saying pass the F***king ball.:greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
07-11-2009, 02:28 PM
That is the first Edinburgh derby in my entire life where not once, even taking into account their corners and possession, did I ever, ever feel threatened by them. Not once.

They are pathetically punchless, short of thought and bereft of any goalscoring prowess up front.

The fact that they will go home today and be delighted with that result whilst we turned in our worst performance for a while, yet took a share of the spoils, shows how far they are in decline and how much we have progressed.

Can't remember the last time I rued four dropped points at Ibrox and Tynecastle respectively in the space of a fortnight.

Onwards and upwards for the Cabbage, that rotten, risible lot are sinking deeper and deeper.

HFC 0-7
07-11-2009, 02:29 PM

How lucky would we have been if he had scored bearing in mind it took a massive deflection!

I am very happy with the point and would have taken that result yesterday, however, I just think that the way that we performed today it was lucky that Hearts never scored.

crewetollhibee
07-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Great result, considering how relatively poor we played, and the amount of possession Hearts had. Puts into perspective the idiots who were predicting all number of goals we were going to take off them. A point at the PBS is always acceptable considering we were without Zouma and Sol, and Deeks and Stokes were clearly not 100%. We WILL get better as the season progresses, whereas that lot gave it their best shot and STILL couldn't score.In Yogi we trust. :wink:

MSK
07-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Hardly.What do you mean by hardly ..? ..as the poster says yams were there for the taking & thats exactly what they were ..a decent team would have put them to the sword ..we never got out of first gear but all in made them look semi decent ..if we had actually moved up a gear we would have ripped them a new hole !!!!

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2009, 02:32 PM

We will agree hibs did not play well, and i'm sure we will agree we can only play against the opposition team selected. Hearts you say have bad forwards, and we were lucky they didnt have better. Well we have played every team in the league, we have played all the teams who have better forwards, and we are 2nd, and thats progress, i'm sure you will agree. Thats why i'm not disappointed. Dont let me stop you though.

hibiedude
07-11-2009, 02:34 PM

A massive deflection that came of Colin Nish's head is not a Wotherspoons shot :confused:

Hibercelona
07-11-2009, 02:36 PM
How lucky would we have been if he had scored bearing in mind it took a massive deflection!

I am very happy with the point and would have taken that result yesterday, however, I just think that the way that we performed today it was lucky that Hearts never scored.

But it wasn't. :confused:

Stacks must have had 2 extremely comfortable saves to make in the whole game.

As for whoever said that Glasgow is tougher than Tynecastle... I couldn't disagree more.

When we go to Glasgow, we aren't expected to take anything from the games... Hearts on the other hand (We CANT lose to them)... Players are under far more pressure against Hearts.

0-0 was a very fair result today... considering neither side really had any chances (Bar Wotherspoons deflected effort).

Bishop Hibee
07-11-2009, 02:36 PM
A good result considering we played poorly. A bad result considering hearts could have played forever without scoring.

Yogi has done a great job so far given how unattractive our football was last season. It's still a job in progress though. We'll hopefully get a good right back in the transfer window which will allow Wotherspoon to push up into right midfield and push Zemamma into the position Benji played/stood about in today.

Given Hearts will probably get rid of their better players in the transfer window if anyone wants them, they look a certainty for the bottom 6.

Hibercelona
07-11-2009, 02:37 PM
We will agree hibs did not play well, and i'm sure we will agree we can only play against the opposition team selected. Hearts you say have bad forwards, and we were lucky they didnt have better. Well we have played every team in the league, we have played all the teams who have better forwards, and we are 2nd, and thats progress, i'm sure you will agree. Thats why i'm not disappointed. Dont let me stop you though.

:agree: :top marks

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Just my opinion, but hearts would never have scored in a month of sundays, Wotherspoon is class act so much so that Driver changed wings a he was getting nowhere, young Lewis didn't give him an easier time of it either, all in all I thought we were better in the second half but I never once worried about them scoring, they are pish and a full strength Hibs team playing football would have ripped them, did you see Yogi shouting at the Hibs players saying pass the F***king ball.:greengrin

:top marks

HFC 0-7
07-11-2009, 02:41 PM

I agree with almost everything you said there. I am not slating hibs here, I am just saying I was disapointed with the way hibs played, because I know they can do better, and have seen them play better. We have played the same way twice before and got beat by St johnstone and hamilton. I am basically saying that we were lucky that hearts have bad forwards and lucky that we werent playing anyone else with a performance like that.

hibiedude
07-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Hibs have been getting good results, but they've hardly been thrashing teams out of sight. They've been competing well in games and then taking the one big chance to win in most of the games.

you keep quoting me with words I haven't used' I never said thrashing teams out of sight I said we are the in-form team in the league hence the reason we are in 2nd spot.

hibiedude
07-11-2009, 02:44 PM
What do you mean by hardly ..? ..as the poster says yams were there for the taking & thats exactly what they were ..a decent team would have put them to the sword ..we never got out of first gear but all in made them look semi decent ..if we had actually moved up a gear we would have ripped them a new hole !!!!

Thank god someone got what I said' love the avatar happyhibbie :thumbsup:

Part/Time Supporter
07-11-2009, 02:46 PM
What do you mean by hardly ..? ..as the poster says yams were there for the taking & thats exactly what they were ..a decent team would have put them to the sword ..we never got out of first gear but all in made them look semi decent ..if we had actually moved up a gear we would have ripped them a new hole !!!!

They raised their game from pish to mediocre and did their usual nonsense with long throws and so on. I would accept the "Hibs were mince" argument if they had been at full strength, but they clearly weren't.

Part/Time Supporter
07-11-2009, 02:48 PM
you keep quoting me with words I haven't used' I never said thrashing teams out of sight I said we are the in-form team in the league hence the reason we are in 2nd spot.

I'm saying that there are no good or "in-form" teams in the SPL. Just differing levels of consistency in professionalism. There's very few players (if any) who make you wonder how you're going to deal with them, even in Glasgow.

Hibs90
07-11-2009, 02:51 PM
We will do them at ER. :agree:

MSK
07-11-2009, 02:53 PM
They raised their game from pish to mediocre and did their usual nonsense with long throws and so on. I would accept the "Hibs were mince" argument if they had been at full strenghth, but they clearly weren't.We didnt get out of first gear mate ..they hit us with all their might which was powderpuff !!

Yes we missed Zemmama..a player who could poss have unlocked the yams defence ..a player who could have linked with Mcbride & Miller ...hearts got of lightly imo ..i do agree though they moved up a gear from pish to mediocre..:agree:

MSK
07-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Thank god someone got what I said' love the avatar happyhibbie :thumbsup:Cheers mate ..courtesy of Saltire2k...:thumbsup:

hibiedude
07-11-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm saying that there are no good or "in-form" teams in the SPL. Just differing levels of consistency in professionalism. There's very few players (if any) who make you wonder how you're going to deal with them, even in Glasgow.

If you look at it this way and this is what I meant' as things stand we are the form team in the SPL going back the last 5-6 games. Now as a hibs fan I expected a hard game today I was not one of the people who was saying we were going to win by a mile. As some have said the yams can't buy a win these days and they have what I would call a 2nd rate team out today and yet the stats will show were we out classed in possession- shots on targets- corners kicks-. A point today is a good result but I cant help feeling that the yams were there for the taking and we blew it big time.

lapsedhibee
07-11-2009, 03:05 PM
As for hearts.....they are going to struggle to get top six with no cutting edge and possibly Driver leaving in january.

Wotherspoon was great today but I've never got the fuss about Driver. Is it just us he's always pish against? I don't remember him doing anything in the last three or four derbies.

MSK
07-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Wotherspoon was great today but I've never got the fuss about Driver. Is it just us he's always pish against? I don't remember him doing anything in the last three or four derbies.He is an average player in a pish team...i certainly wouldnt cream my pants if he became a Scotland player ...prob worth at least £250,000...

fife hfc
07-11-2009, 03:46 PM
I've had a few drinks so may talk utter p1ss. but even though we were brutal today they never ever looked like scoring. I( drunk so much before the game started because we had Deek, bamba and Zemmama out. Anyway it shows the lack of strength in depth we have in the forward areas (sounds daft when we play four up) when we lose a couple of players.

I can't believe how ***** they are. honestly we were hopeless and they never looked like scoring:faf: I believe if we had our usual midfield and attack we would have won.

Mag7
07-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Rangers Away
Aberdeen Home
Hearts Away.

5 points is a solid, solid effort. Alright, today's performance was terrible but we were still the team who had the best chance. Today was the last tynie derby of the decade and I'm fairly sure we've only won three times there in that time (not including vs St. Johnstone) To think that we have any sort of right to go there and win is crazy.

Onwards and upwards, that's where we are going:agree:

Four times. 3-0, 2-1 and two 1-0s. Not great, but we've done a lot better there in recent years than we used to. IMHO a point is always an acceptable result there.

steakbake
07-11-2009, 04:56 PM
I'd rather be disappointed at not getting 3 points, than delighted at getting a point.

Would have loved to have put them away. Today could be a bit of a wake up call. A win today would have put some pretty nice daylight between us and the rest of the pack. But keep picking up the points as we go and it should work out okay.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Dashing Bob S
07-11-2009, 05:00 PM
If it doesn't seem a little too crazy, I'm happy that I feel so disappointed by an away point from Tynecastle, with 2.5 of our key players missing. It shows how far we've come under Yogi.

It also shows how poor Hearts are. This was, after Hamilton and St.Johnstone, the worst we've performed this season. They had 12 corners against a relatively short defence, and never looked like scoring. If they do lose further quality in January, as Vlad has been saying, and the likes of Falkirk don't get too detached, they could well be sucked into the relegation battle.

That said, it was a terrible game, reminiscent of those turgid affairs in the 80's where we'd draw 0-0 or lose 0-1, only that second option didn't really look on the cards today.

I think we have had a fair bit of luck this season, but we have talented players with a good team spirit, and I think we will gel and turn in some great performances and cause some teams real pain soon. In the meantime, let's just keep winning points and staying at the top end of the table.

sambajustice
07-11-2009, 06:20 PM
We took a point away from home and kept a clean sheet! We were also 3 key players down. There shouldnt be any moaning!

I've not seen any of it (been couped up in ma scratcher all day) but by all accounts Hearts played well and we played crap. We know we are capable of more, we know that they're probably not capable of playing better than that.

We can't play well in every game. Infact, we've not played well in a lot of games this season and thats frightening, not for us, for the other teams.

Just keeping backing the boys, we'll be alright, infact we'll be more than alright!

new malkyhib
07-11-2009, 07:03 PM
That is the first Edinburgh derby in my entire life where not once, even taking into account their corners and possession, did I ever, ever feel threatened by them. Not once.

They are pathetically punchless, short of thought and bereft of any goalscoring prowess up front.

The fact that they will go home today and be delighted with that result whilst we turned in our worst performance for a while, yet took a share of the spoils, shows how far they are in decline and how much we have progressed.

Can't remember the last time I rued four dropped points at Ibrox and Tynecastle respectively in the space of a fortnight.

Onwards and upwards for the Cabbage, that rotten, risible lot are sinking deeper and deeper.

Correct. They're p!sh and they know it.

IWasThere2016
07-11-2009, 07:47 PM

Not entirely true .. We have played 4-2-3-1 recently. We started the season with a mid 3 of Rankin, McBride and Cregg.

chorley_fm
07-11-2009, 07:51 PM
they played out of their skins today, we were average.

Says so much about how fortunes have turned in Edinburgh

matty_f
08-11-2009, 02:40 AM

:agree: That's twice on the trot we've played them at the PBS minus key players, and the big team have managed a whopping one point.

They're gash.:agree:

Lucius Apuleius
08-11-2009, 04:40 AM
Let's make a wee comparisson to the sheep game last week.

Against Hearts

Possession 52% Hibs 48%
Shots on target 12 Hibs 7
Shots off 9 Hibs 3
Corners 12 Hibs 2
Fouls 10 Hibs 16

Against Aberdeen

Possesion 63% Sheep 37%
Shots on 6 Sheep 4
Shots off 12 Sheep 1
Corners 7 Sheep 3
Fouls 10 Sheep 13

Figures from BBC.

Now, we cannot say on one hand we were damn lucky last week against the sheep when we totally dominated them and say we were lucky again yesterday because hertz dominated. Reckon our domination against sheep was a bit more than hertz against us.

Happy with a point.