PDA

View Full Version : Bamba missing

SouthamptonHibs
07-11-2009, 10:44 AM
just heard that he's injured is this true or is someone on the wyde up?can anyone shed any light?

Onceinawhile
07-11-2009, 10:48 AM
If he is Hibs have done incredibly well not allowing anyone to know about it. Not even been mentioned in the press.

Think you're being wound up

Craig_in_Prague
07-11-2009, 10:49 AM
just heard that he's injured is this true or is someone on the wyde up?can anyone shed any light?

Don't need this 90mins from the game :grr:

Whoever told you, pls slap em from me :greengrin

SouthamptonHibs
07-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Don't need this 90mins from the game :grr: Whoever told you, pls slap em from me :greengrin

will do lads hope hes playing hail hail

hibee92
07-11-2009, 11:17 AM

heard this too, along with deek and zemmama, i hope to god its a wind up, probably is tbh

Bob1875
07-11-2009, 11:19 AM
That's the romour in the roseburn about zoomer & bamba.

Cool_Hand_Luke
07-11-2009, 11:24 AM
He didn't look too comfortable when he was leaving the pitch at halftime last week...and thought he might be iinjured then, but he looked ok the second half :agree:

Toaods
07-11-2009, 11:27 AM
We,ll find out soon - team sheets to be in for 11.30 someone at home get Radio Scotland on..!

hibiedude
07-11-2009, 11:29 AM

I'd be more worried if it was Ian Murray

Frank Moon
07-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Its true and Dekk on the bench too :grr:

MontrealHibs
07-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Deek has a knock... so he may make a late appearance. Rankin in for Deeks, Stevenson in for Bamba....

Nish is in too for Zemmama... (?)

TornadoHibby
07-11-2009, 07:10 PM
If he is Hibs have done incredibly well not allowing anyone to know about it. Not even been mentioned in the press.

Think you're being wound up

In the queue to get in at the Roseburn end today, someone was saying that Bamba and Yogi had had a "set to" at training yesterday and that Bamba would not even be in the squad or at the match with the squad! :confused:

Anyone know anything about this as I couldn't see Bamba at all at the ground although there is a limit to what you can see from Section K :wink:

Did anyone watching on tv see him at the match? :confused:

Hibercelona
07-11-2009, 07:11 PM
In the queue to get in at the Roseburn today, someone was saying that Bamba and Yogi had had a "set to" at training yesterday and that Bamba would not even be in the squad or at the match with the squad! :confused:

Anyone know anything about this as I couldn't see Bamba at all at the ground although there is a limit to what you can see from Section K :wink:

Did anyone watching on tv see him at the match? :confused:

A load of jobbies. :agree:

He was at the game today, but had a towel over his head.

So my first guess would be flu.

Hibee_Lisa
07-11-2009, 07:13 PM

Have to admit I thought that was Maka :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2009, 07:14 PM

If he had flu, why would he be in the vicinity of the other squad members???:confused::confused:

Hibercelona
07-11-2009, 07:15 PM

If he had flu, why would he be in the vicinity of the other squad members???:confused::confused:

My bad then :greengrin

TornadoHibby
07-11-2009, 07:15 PM

I asked my Dad who watched the match on tv today if he had seen Bamba and he definately said that Maka had a towel over his head in the dugout! :agree:

He recorded it and has watched it back - definately Maka IHO! :agree:

So, if that wasn't Bamba where was he then? :confused:

TornadoHibby
07-11-2009, 07:20 PM

Hmmm...........

D'ya think? :cool2:

I asked my Dad who watched the match on tv today if he had seen Bamba and he definately said that Maka had a towel over his head in the dugout! :agree:

So, if that wasn't Bamba where was he then? :confused:

scoopyboy
07-11-2009, 07:20 PM
I don't think Bamba would have been at the game.

TornadoHibby
07-11-2009, 07:21 PM

Why not then? :confused:

Hibercelona
07-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Hmmm...........

D'ya think? :cool2:

So, if that wasn't Bamba where was he then? :confused:[/QUOTE]

:cool2:

TornadoHibby
07-11-2009, 07:25 PM

What does this mean actually? :confused:

TornadoHibby
07-11-2009, 07:26 PM

Why not then? :confused:

johnbc70
07-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Come on, someone must know what the story is?

TornadoHibby
07-11-2009, 07:48 PM
In the queue to get in at the Roseburn end today, someone was saying that Bamba and Yogi had had a "set to" at training yesterday and that Bamba would not even be in the squad or at the match with the squad! :confused:

Did anyone watching on tv see him at the match (NB it was Maka with the towel over his head in the dugout!)? :confused:

Why do you think that then? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Just had a text from a mate, who's spotted him in southampton.

TornadoHibby
07-11-2009, 07:52 PM

Hmmm......!

Where is Scoopyboy when you need him!? :wink:

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Hmmm......!

I'm sure he said southampton, he might have said northampton. It could all be a load of cobblers.:wink:

zlatan
07-11-2009, 07:54 PM

:hilarious

thebakerboy
07-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Was he getting on a boat to Spain for a trial at Osasuna Real Santander or Real Madrid :greengrin or is he really(if injured at training centre getting treatment or at home resting ) same if its flu:blah:

silverhibee
07-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Bamba was not at the game today, Zemmama was.
Bamba has not got the flu either.
Bamba i doubt is in Southampton.:faf:
So if Bamba was injured he would have been in the stand sitting next to Zemmama, unless he has a serious injury. :agree:
Thats all i know.:wink:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-11-2009, 09:14 PM
So if Bamba was injured he would have been in the stand sitting next to Zemmama, unless he has a serious injury. :agree:

K1n ell..... thats all we need, typical Hibs when things are going ok........

TornadoHibby
07-11-2009, 09:19 PM

Silverhibee is, in my experience, rarely not "on the money" when it comes to matters of Hibs which are not quite in the public domain! :wink:

Almost like Uncle James used to be actually! :wink:

All will be revealed in due course I expect! :agree:

Expecting Rain
07-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Bamba should stop slavering on about EPL teams being after him and concentrate on being a good consistent player for Hibs.

Hibercelona
07-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Thats all im saying.:wink:

:wink:

Hopefully we can hold onto Bamba a little bit longer...

But I wouldn't bet anything on it.

ceecee
07-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Tha chat at the game was Bamba will leave in Jan along with Nish. Barr to arrive and possibly Arfield. Bamba/Hughes bust up at training yesterday.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2009, 09:59 PM

:faf:

Twat.

CapitalHibs
07-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Tha chat at the game was Bamba will leave in Jan along with Nish. Barr to arrive and possibly Arfield. Bamba/Hughes bust up at training yesterday.

Well, I hope we get good money for him:bye: Still think we need a "big guy" in the middle of defence - Anderson or maybe Hanlon? Arfield is making more sense now as we can see how much we rely on the creativity of Zemmama and maybe he (Arfield) is the guy to give us more depth there. I'd still like to see a new right back - Volz (if recovered from injury) would be fantastic, or a loaner from Arsenal for Luke Ayling. This would enable McCann as cover and allow Wotherspoon an open spot in mid. I suspect Rankin, Stevenson, McCormack and possibly Cregg will be leaving soon.

Sorted!:notworthy:

silverhibee
08-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Silverhibee is, in my experience, rarely not "on the money" when it comes to matters of Hibs which are not quite in the public domain! :wink:

Almost like Uncle James used to be actually! :wink:

All will be revealed in due course I expect! :agree:

Well i will start the ball rolling on Bamba, he was in the squad for today, but i was told he failed to turn up at ER this morning to board the team bus.
Missing in action i believe.

IWasThere2016
08-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Well i will start the ball rolling on Bamba, he was in the squad for today, but i was told he failed to turn up at ER this morning to board the team bus.
Missing in action i believe.

Big spat with Yogi yesterday apparently .. so he must have figured he'd have no chance of a shirt.

This is not the first run-in they've had either.

oconnors_strip
08-11-2009, 12:12 AM
i think it will slowly come out this week what has happened. think the international break has came at a good time for bamba.

zlatan
08-11-2009, 12:13 AM
Big spat with Yogi yesterday apparently .. so he must have figured he'd have no chance of a shirt.

If that's true then I'm afraid Yogi has to go.

Bamba is Hibernian :agree:
nananana fishing

ian cruise
08-11-2009, 12:13 AM
Well, I hope we get good money for him:bye: Still think we need a "big guy" in the middle of defence - Anderson or maybe Hanlon? Arfield is making more sense now as we can see how much we rely on the creativity of Zemmama and maybe he (Arfield) is the guy to give us more depth there. I'd still like to see a new right back - Volz (if recovered from injury) would be fantastic, or a loaner from Arsenal for Luke Ayling. This would enable McCann as cover and allow Wotherspoon an open spot in mid. I suspect Rankin, Stevenson, McCormack and possibly Cregg will be leaving soon.

Sorted!:notworthy:

arfield could be the creative spark we need when zemmama is out, also wotherspoon if he was played in the more forward position, just look at his almost goals and celtic and today.

volz would be good but i dont think its anymore than messageboard rumours us being linked with him. anderson would be a very positive signing and a few sunderland fans have mentioned this as well

barr i think is a definite

if bamba goes i'd like to see both hanlon and mccormack given goes in centre of defence as it's their natural positions.

i'd see nish and rankin leaving in jan. cregg will be here till end of the season but im not sure if his contract will be renewed past then. stevenson i think will stay, hes started to show himself well in games and i'd guess yogi appreciates his workrate, from interview it sounds like hes really bought into yogis way of thinking as well

this is all just my opinion, not heard anything from any sources, due to the fact i have no sources.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2009, 12:15 AM
I was hoping bamba would see the season out, and we would sell in the summer. Maybe he will be gone in January now?

Westie1875
08-11-2009, 12:17 AM

Bamba needs to get a grip then, this along with the stuff he is spouting in the papers about signing for other teams is not what we need. Shape up or ship out, no-one is bigger than the team. He is a brave man taking on Yogi, only gonna be one winner there.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Bamba needs to get a grip then, this along with the stuff he is spouting in the papers about signing for other teams is not what we need. Shape up or ship out, no-one is bigger than the team. He is a brave man taking on Yogi, only gonna be one winner there.

Yip Bamba, a move to england on 10 times what he earns at easter road.:boo hoo:

silverhibee
08-11-2009, 12:19 AM

Dont know about a spat with Yogi, but if Bamba was in the squad then he should be turning up for the game no matter what has happened the day before.
And agree with your second piece as well.
Still think Bamba will be away from Hibs in the next transfer window.

silverhibee
08-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Yip Bamba, a move to england on 10 times what he earns at easter road.:boo hoo:

:agree::agree:

scoopyboy
08-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Hmmm......!

Sorry TH just back on the now hence the delay.

Spat on Friday, in the huff, didn't turn up yesterday and he was meant to.

Hopefully he has a wee think to himself when he's away.

Unless he comes back eating humble pie then I think he will be away in January.

scoopyboy
08-11-2009, 04:42 PM
I was hoping bamba would see the season out, and we would sell in the summer. Maybe he will be gone in January now?

My thoughts exactly.

I also reckon it was no coincidence that Hogg had his best game of the season yesterday.

Spike Mandela
08-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Why is it every time Hibs put a little run of consistency together somebody has to upset the applecart.:grr:

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2009, 04:48 PM
My thoughts exactly.

I also reckon it was no coincidence that Hogg had his best game of the season yesterday.

I have thought for a while he would be gone next summer. Why are these players so impatient?:grr: We always seem to get the start of something good, only to be disrupted by one thing or another.

I just hope we are suitably compensated, as i believe Yogi to be the right man to replace him, and strengthen the team/squad with what he's given.

Sir David Gray
08-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Why is it every time Hibs put a little run of consistency together somebody has to upset the applecart.:grr:

:agree: This seems to happen quite a lot.

Is it just me or do we quite often miss one or two massive players when we go into a derby?

I have absolutely no doubt that if Zemmama, Riordan and Bamba had all been fully fit and available we would have won yesterday.

Obviously Zemmama and Riordan can't help injuries/knocks, but if the stories about Bamba are correct then it is extremely disappointing to say the least and it's not something that I would have expected from him.

Hopefully he will have a long, hard think to himself over the next few days and he will be big enough to accept that that type of behaviour isn't acceptable and he will apologise to Hughes and his team mates.

Toaods
08-11-2009, 04:59 PM

the answer is simple....greed.

Mon_the_cabbage
08-11-2009, 05:05 PM
I have thought for a while he would be gone next summer. Why are these players so impatient?:grr: We always seem to get the start of something good, only to be disrupted by one thing or another.

I just hope we are suitably compensated, as i believe Yogi to be the right man to replace him, and strengthen the team/squad with what he's given.

Do you not think he's a bit slow now?

Cool_Hand_Luke
08-11-2009, 05:05 PM

You think Yogi is going to pull his boots back on :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Do you not think he's a bit slow now?

You think Yogi is going to pull his boots back on :greengrin

:faf::faf::top marks

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-11-2009, 05:08 PM

He's no the brightest laddie then. If he had thought it through properly, and managed to hold his water, a decent performance in a big televised game would maybe add to the many clubs he keeps telling us are after him.

More clubs after him means a potentially higher fee to persuade the Tache to let him go in January, and a better sign on fee / wage to be negotiated for himself. :doh:

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2009, 05:20 PM
He's no the brightest laddie then. If he had thought it through properly, and managed to hold his water, a decent performance in a big televised game would maybe add to the many clubs he keeps telling us are after him.

More clubs after him means a potentially higher fee to persuade the Tache to let him go in January, and a better sign on fee / wage to be negotiated for himself. :doh:

I think he's been tapped up, and knows were he's going, and what kind of wages he will be getting.

cannastar
08-11-2009, 05:45 PM
its a shame if rumours are true but if so then the quicker he is away from easter road then the better for the squads benefit.hes been good some games but maybe not as good as he believes himself.perhaps the partnership yesterday should continue or maybe its time for young mccormack to be given a run of games 6 minimum,to see if he could adapt to spl and potentially save us splashing out on a central defender come january.it would be pleasing to think that our academy could come up trumps again.we need every player in the squad to be pulling together and wanting to play for hibs not looking for their next move away from easter road for a few extra pennies.

TornadoHibby
08-11-2009, 06:09 PM

Thanks for that, I had an idea you knew what had happened! :agree:

I think Bamba has had his head turned by inevitable stories (high life and salaries etc!) he's heard whilst in the company of his highly paid international colleagues and believes that he should be getting that now! :confused:

He should remember he is a Hibs player and under contract to the club for a while yet! His foreseeable future will be determined by Yogi and The Tache no doubt despite what he thinks unless Hibs do receive an offer for him that we simply can't refuse! :wink:

He let every Hibs fan down as well as the Club and his team-mates and Yogi etc by his childish and selfish actions yesterday! :grr:

joe breezy
08-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Oh well, that's disappointing but hope we get good cash for him and get it resolved ASAP.

As a player under contract he should be playing as well as he can till he goes and that should be till January if indeed he's off then.

He should of course be fined a massive sum for this. To me he's in breach of contract so Hibs shouldn't pay him a single wage till he goes if need be.

Hibercelona
08-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Good luck to him. :agree:

He may have bashed on quite a bit about other clubs from the bigger league coming in for him... But he still has a lot of respect for the Hibees, and I wish him well for the future.

TornadoHibby
08-11-2009, 07:18 PM

He may have bashed on quite a bit about other clubs from the bigger league coming in for him... But he still has a lot of respect for the Hibees, and I wish him well for the future.

Precisely how did you assess the apparent events and come to that conclusion may I ask young man!? :confused:

Looks like Yogi had to re-invent his game plan for yesterday's match as soon as he realised that Bamba wasn't coming to the game! :agree:

Just as well for us that Hogg and Murray performed as they did and that Stevenson once again showed that he is a valuable and talented player for the team! :agree:

--------
08-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Precisely how did you assess the apparent events and come to that conclusion may I ask young man!? :confused:

Looks like Yogi had to re-invent his game plan for yesterday's match as soon as he realised that Bamba wasn't coming to the game! :agree:

Just as well for us that Hogg and Murray performed as they did and that Stevenson once again showed that he is a valuable and talented player for the team! :agree:

:agree: If he went AWOL and left the team in the lurch, he surely has no respect for his team-mates or the club.... :cool2:

MyJo
08-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Very dissapointed in Bamba if these rumours turn out to be true, a terrible way to behave regardless of what is going on.

Looks like its off to the highest bidder in January which isn't great but if he is going to do this kind of stuff and act like a prize plum for the rest of the season then we're probably better getting rid.

Danny_Hibee
08-11-2009, 07:41 PM
arfield could be the creative spark we need when zemmama is out, also wotherspoon if he was played in the more forward position, just look at his almost goals and celtic and today.

volz would be good but i dont think its anymore than messageboard rumours us being linked with him. anderson would be a very positive signing and a few sunderland fans have mentioned this as well

barr i think is a definite

if bamba goes i'd like to see both hanlon and mccormack given goes in centre of defence as it's their natural positions.

i'd see nish and rankin leaving in jan. cregg will be here till end of the season but im not sure if his contract will be renewed past then. stevenson i think will stay, hes started to show himself well in games and i'd guess yogi appreciates his workrate, from interview it sounds like hes really bought into yogis way of thinking as well

this is all just my opinion, not heard anything from any sources, due to the fact i have no sources.

Hanlon's natural position is left mid

Scooter
08-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Hanlon's natural position is left mid

Wrong!!!

Hanlon is a natural centre half, and has been getting great reports for Scotland in that position

Sergey
08-11-2009, 07:50 PM
:agree: If he went AWOL and left the team in the lurch, he surely has no respect for his team-mates or the club.... :cool2:

In a nutshell.

ozzie
08-11-2009, 08:11 PM
i dont think i was the only hibee that had to watch the game on tv yesterday but was i the only one who watched the pre match interviews :confused::confused::confused::confused: yogi said deek's had an ankle injury but zouma was deff out & bamba also wouldn't play due to a knee injury picked up last week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sean
08-11-2009, 08:11 PM
this sort of behaviour if true,is why i feel its a shame for such players as chris hogg,a good honest hard working pro,who has been contistenly good for hibs over the seasons,after a few bad games,the abuse he recieved from the stands was pathetic.

sol bamba is a half decent,centre haf,who tbh wil only get better.shoudnt wear the shirt again though if true,unexectable behaviour and has let the whole club down

Danny_Hibee
08-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Wrong!!!

Hanlon is a natural centre half, and has been getting great reports for Scotland in that position

I wouldve thought natural position meant where you played growing up, you're original position, not what uv been made into

Scooter
08-11-2009, 08:29 PM
[QUOTE=Danny_Hibee;2235870]I wouldve thought natural position meant where you played growing up, you're original position, not what uv been made into[/QUOTE

Unless I've missed something he's come through the ranks as a centre half

Danny_Hibee
08-11-2009, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=Danny_Hibee;2235870]I wouldve thought natural position meant where you played growing up, you're original position, not what uv been made into[/QUOTE

Unless I've missed something he's come through the ranks as a centre half

was an attacking left midfielder before he signed for hibs

Scooter
08-11-2009, 08:35 PM
[QUOTE=Archie21;2235878]

was an attacking left midfielder before he signed for hibs

Really?? You could never tell, imo he looks uncofrtable out left and rarely likes to get forward.

I think he was born to play CH so that's his natural position :cool2:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-11-2009, 08:39 PM
I think he's been tapped up, and knows were he's going, and what kind of wages he will be getting.

Could explain the strop if he's been told that we want him here till the end of the season :agree:

crewetollhibee
08-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Not withstanding the possibility that he may have another specific club lined up, he is totally sending out the wrong message to any prospective new employer. IMHO he isn't good enough yet to compete at the top level in England, and should concentrate on improving himself with us - his employers NOW.

monktonharp
08-11-2009, 10:26 PM

He may have bashed on quite a bit about other clubs from the bigger league coming in for him... But he still has a lot of respect for the Hibees, and I wish him well for the future.f/ck off wi that pish!

monktonharp
08-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Could explain the strop if he's been told that we want him here till the end of the season :agree::agree:you are correct,but,if he has signed a contract for even longer than that:HFC shold hold him to that. I'm getting slightly pished off at some players who suddenly think they are too good for clubs like ours and go off on an ego trip,hoping that this will hasten their departure to pastures new and great. Boozy,where are you :wink:

Hibee_Rab
08-11-2009, 11:23 PM
i dont think i was the only hibee that had to watch the game on tv yesterday but was i the only one who watched the pre match interviews :confused::confused::confused::confused: yogi said deek's had an ankle injury but zouma was deff out & bamba also wouldn't play due to a knee injury picked up last week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I saw that as well. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt. Official site says injured trio, including Bamba

monktonharp
09-11-2009, 12:08 AM
Yeah I saw that as well. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt. Official site says injured trio, including Bambayou may be correct,and hope you are but my apologies if I've jumped the gun and followed some suggested reports of him going awol. needs cleared up by the magement though

Hibercelona
09-11-2009, 12:13 AM

I don't see what he's done which has been so wrong TBH.

Any player would jump at the chance of playing in the EPL if given the chance.

Although he's gone on about the EPL thing a little, He's had nothing but good things to say about Hibs... He hasn't bad mouthed Hibs what so ever.

He's just a young lad getting overly excited at the chance of playing in a very big league... Who wouldn't?

f/ck off wi that pish!

F/ck off with the "wi" pish. :wink:

MrRobot
09-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Heard him and Yogi were fighting in training twice last week.

Steve-O
09-11-2009, 05:48 AM

Although he's gone on about the EPL thing a little, He's had nothing but good things to say about Hibs... He hasn't bad mouthed Hibs what so ever.

He's just a young lad getting overly excited at the chance of playing in a very big league... Who wouldn't?

F/ck off with the "wi" pish. :wink:

Er, it appears he has gone AWOL on derby day? Done nothing wrong? :blah:

Hibs7
09-11-2009, 06:53 AM
Well without big Sol I thought the defence played very well, Hearts never had a look in.

TornadoHibby
09-11-2009, 08:56 AM

You really just don't get it do you? :confused:

Hope you concentrate and develop your thinking processes better for your highers this year! :wink:

Good luck! :agree:

TornadoHibby
09-11-2009, 09:00 AM

Well, if what has come out is in fact true, Yogi is hardly going to broadcast that on national live tv watched by millions now is he?! :wink:

Far better to tell a "white lie" that keeps everything (officially) calm for the game ahead! :agree:

DaveF
09-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Official site says injured trio, including Bamba

Of course the official site will say that! They are hardly likely to post up details of a potential bust up and a no show, are they? :greengrin

I'd like to think that he was injured, though I seriously doubt that's the case.

ahibby
09-11-2009, 09:40 AM
Of course the official site will say that! They are hardly likely to post up details of a potential bust up and a no show, are they? :greengrin

I'd like to think that he was injured, though I seriously doubt that's the case.

We haven't heard what the fall outs were about and they may well have been about an injury. Yogi calling the Morrocans soft gives you a clue that he expects players to perform through some pain and maybe Bamba wasn't willing to? I can see that as being a reason for a fall out. Does his national side have a game coming up this week if so it will be interesting to see whether he plays?

TornadoHibby
09-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Heard him and Yogi were fighting in training twice last week.

Absolutely shocking if true although I doubt very much if Yogi, the manager, would resort to showing how tough he can be by using his fists on one of his players! :cool2:

In his earlier playing days however...........................! :greengrin

HFC 0-7
09-11-2009, 09:47 AM
We haven't heard what the fall outs were about and they may well have been about an injury. Yogi calling the Morrocans soft gives you a clue that he expects players to perform through some pain and maybe Bamba wasn't willing to? I can see that as being a reason for a fall out. Does his national side have a game coming up this week if so it will be interesting to see whether he plays?

Bamba has been playing through pain. He had to have an injection in his knee before the Aberdeen game.

H18sry
09-11-2009, 09:50 AM

Story circulating from a fellow player, says that at training on Friday, Bambas group were messing about and not doing what they were told, and Chipper told them to quit it and get back to what they were told to do, Bamba told Chipper to F/O, Yogi heard this then, went over to Bamba and told him in no uncertain terms not to swear at any of his coaching staff, Bamba had a swing at Yogi and missed, Yogi swung back and missed, then Bamba went to his car with Yogi following telling Bamba to get back to training and that if he left EM he would never play again for Hibs, Bamba got in his car and left, the rest as they say is history.

zlatan
09-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Story circulating from a fellow player, says that at training on Friday, Bambas group were messing about and not doing what they were told, and Chipper told them to quit it and get back to what they were told to do, Bamba told Chipper to F/O, Yogi heard this then, went over to Bamba and told him in no uncertain terms not to swear at any of his coaching staff, Bamba had a swing at Yogi and missed, Yogi swung back and missed, then Bamba went to his car with Yogi following telling Bamba to get back to training and that if he left EM he would never play again for Hibs, Bamba got in his car and left, the rest as they say is history.

That's a cracking charity boxing match waiting to happen.

This afternoons Evening News stories will be interesting, wonder if we'll continue to claim it's an injury or not.

Booked4Being-Ugly
09-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Some posters and the fishul site are saying that he had a knee injury while others are saying that Hughes fell out with Sol at training. So if Sol was injured why would he even be on the training pitch at EM telling Hughes to **** off? :confused:

Keith_M
09-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Bamba had a swing at Yogi and missed, Yogi swung back and missed,

They just don't make the old 'Hard Man' footballer like they used to....

:faf:

HFC 0-7
09-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Some posters and the fishul site are saying that he had a knee injury while others are saying that Hughes fell out with Sol at training. So if Sol was injured why would he even be on the training pitch at EM telling Hughes to **** off? :confused:

According to Yogi he hurt his knee at training on friday.

Part/Time Supporter
09-11-2009, 11:33 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs39-Bamba-off-to-answer.5806332.jp

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2009, 11:37 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs39-Bamba-off-to-answer.5806332.jp

There does not seem to be anything sinister going on there. Hopefully this is all there is to it?

Booked4Being-Ugly
09-11-2009, 11:53 AM
There does not seem to be anything sinister going on there. Hopefully this is all there is to it?Exactly, seems there may be a few posters here on a fishing trip! I don't doubt that players and managers fall out from time to time but some of these rumors are pretty wild!

ahibby
09-11-2009, 11:54 AM

I know this is second or third hand info but unless something was said other than don't speak to my coaching staff like that, I can't understand why Bamba would take a swing.

Sick Boy
09-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Ivory Coast have their last WC Qualifier next week so I was under the impression he was heading away with them after the derby. If he was carrying an injury, maybe he was unfit to play on Saturday but still has a chance of being fit for the weekend game so is travelling to join up with his international team mates and will be assessed by their doctors.

Edit: Reading the Scotsman report that seems to be exactly what has happened.

euro Hibby
09-11-2009, 12:20 PM
its a bit like the Daily record on here at times !
mince.......

lapsedhibee
09-11-2009, 12:25 PM
:I'm waiti

Still no clarification on whether SB poured the wine over JH, or versa vice.

the_ginger_hibee
09-11-2009, 12:36 PM
To be fair Hughes pretty much 'lied' about Zemmama's fitness all week, fair enough it was to stifle any Hearts gameplan, but its not totally unreasonable for Hughes to lie about this.

Seems to be too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

CapitalHibs
09-11-2009, 03:55 PM
The only part that might raise suspicions is that it was posted that Zemmama was watching the game in the stand but Bamba was nowhere to be seen. Anyone confirm?

ahibby
09-11-2009, 04:08 PM
The only part that might raise suspicions is that it was posted that Zemmama was watching the game in the stand but Bamba was nowhere to be seen. Anyone confirm?

Maybe he gets to completely rest his knee which went on Friday where as Zemama was training on Thursday (allegedly)

silverhibee
09-11-2009, 04:09 PM

Yeah i said that, and it looked like Zemmama was in a bit of pain with his injury.

TornadoHibby
09-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Exactly, seems there may be a few posters here on a fishing trip! I don't doubt that players and managers fall out from time to time but some of these rumors are pretty wild!

I think its fair to say that the following posters are normally pretty accurate with information not yet in the "public domain" re Hibs and players! :agree:

However, maybe they have got it wrong and none of what they mention actually did take place! :confused:

The internet allows "information" to be "broadcast" quickly to many people and that may be the probem here. :wink:

I don't think Bamba would have been at the game. Post 19

Thats all i know.:wink: Post 31

Missing in action i believe. Post 39

Dont know about a spat with Yogi, but if Bamba was in the squad then he should be turning up for the game no matter what has happened the day before.
And agree with your second piece as well.
Still think Bamba will be away from Hibs in the next transfer window.Post 47

Unless he comes back eating humble pie then I think he will be away in January.Post 49

CapitalHibs
09-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Maybe he gets to completely rest his knee which went on Friday where as Zemama was training on Thursday (allegedly)

I thought Yogi said it was the Moroccans that were soft:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
09-11-2009, 04:33 PM

Zemmama was definitely there, he was sitting in the Hibs dugout, in the seat nearest to the tunnel. The TV coverage showed him in the background as Yogi was prowling about in the technical area.

Hibee_Rab
09-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Maybe he had an argument with yogi (which I don't condone but is understandable, something that happens sometimes) and knew he wouldn't be playing on Saturday with his knee injury so didn't turn up, or maybe like people said he was told to stay back or has gone to join up with ivory coast. It is perfectly possible that he did have an argument without it meaning anything important.

Hibercelona
09-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Er, it appears he has gone AWOL on derby day? Done nothing wrong? :blah:

Gone AWOL? :confused:

He may well have been freaken injured!

Think before you drivel nonsense.

Hibercelona
09-11-2009, 06:00 PM
You really just don't get it do you? :confused:

Hope you concentrate and develop your thinking processes better for your highers this year! :wink:

Good luck! :agree:

You're the one acting like an indisciplined school kid. :rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
09-11-2009, 06:06 PM

Yer some laddie eh :greengrin

Dirkster23
09-11-2009, 06:08 PM

Read post 39 from a normally reliable poster before you jump in wi both feet :blah:

Hibercelona
09-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Yer some laddie eh :greengrin

It's those westies... They are far too close to Glasgow to have a well balanced thought process. :devil:

Hibercelona
09-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Read post 39 from a normally reliable poster before you jump in wi both feet :blah:

silverhibee stated what he heard, not what he seen himself.

If it turns out that Bamba and Yogi did have a huge fall out.... then surely we should wait for more information on the matter before jumping the gun and pointing the finger at 1 individual. :confused:

scoopyboy
09-11-2009, 06:20 PM

If it turns out that Bamba and Yogi did have a huge fall out.... then surely we should wait for more information on the matter before jumping the gun and pointing the finger at 1 individual. :confused:

Do you ever listen to anyone or do you just automatically believe what you want?

There is no chance Hibs will come out and say exactly what happened, nor would I expect them to. No club should wash their dirty linen in public.

Hibercelona
09-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Do you ever listen to anyone or do you just automatically believe what you want?

There is no chance Hibs will come out and say exactly what happened, nor would I expect them to. No club should wash their dirty linen in public.

I'm sure if its something so serious that Bamba wont be playing in a Hibs strip again, the club would have to issue something.

HibbyAndy
09-11-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm sure if its something so serious that Bamba wont be playing in a Hibs strip again, the club would have to issue something.

Nah no ataw.

Just punt him in January- End off.

Barney McGrew
09-11-2009, 06:29 PM

There's no way that the club is going to come out and confirm that one of the players was swinging for his boss, did a runner from the training ground and then didn't turn up when he was meant to the following day.

Dirkster23
09-11-2009, 06:32 PM

It's a forum, full of speculation and rumours! FWIW Silverhibee and Scoopyboy seem to be pretty accurate with their posts so i'm happy to believe there's some sort of problem with Bamba and Yogi.

Hibercelona
09-11-2009, 06:37 PM
It's a forum, full of speculation and rumours! FWIW Silverhibee and Scoopyboy seem to be pretty accurate with their posts so i'm happy to believe there's some sort of problem with Bamba and Yogi.

Perhaps so.

But I'm hoping thats not the case and that he's back against St Mirren.

We can't afford to lose him this early as it showed against Hearts.

scoopyboy
09-11-2009, 06:39 PM

Not so.

Hibs hold all the aces in this one.

If he comes back and has relented then he may get back into the side, at the end of the day he is a good player getting better all the time and I would rather he played for us.

However if he returns and goes through the motions Hibs could simply freeze him out and that would cost him his place in the ANC and the World Cup.

Bamba could not let that happen, it means too much to him.

So in my opinion he will either return to the side and play to the end of the season or he will be sold in January.

Either way the club need not make a statement.

scoopyboy
09-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Perhaps so.

How did it show against Hearts?

Clean sheet and Ian Murray doing really well.

HibbyAndy
09-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Not so.

If he comes back and has relented then he may get back into the side, at the end of the day he is a good player getting better all the time and I would rather he played for us.

However if he returns and goes through the motions Hibs could simply freeze him out and that would cost him his place in the ANC and the World Cup.

So in my opinion he will either return to the side and play to the end of the season or he will be sold in January.

Any info about Darren Barr heading our way soon?

scoopyboy
09-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Any info about Darren Barr heading our way soon?

No info.

Just read the same as everyone else. Going by the posters I have faith in I reckon it could happen though.

Hibercelona
09-11-2009, 06:47 PM
How did it show against Hearts?

Clean sheet and Ian Murray doing really well.

Bamba is better in Midfield than in defence IMO.

I just felt that our midfield was lacking...

But of course, Zemmama was a huge loss for us as well. :agree:

HibbyAndy
09-11-2009, 06:48 PM
No info.

Just read the same as everyone else. Going by the posters I have faith in I reckon it could happen though.

Cheers mate.

Hope he signs, was rock solid against Celtc

scoopyboy
09-11-2009, 06:49 PM

If Yogi was going to play Bamba in midfield I think he would have done it by now.

Barney McGrew
09-11-2009, 06:56 PM

Who would you drop to make way for him then?

Zemmama, McBride (our most consistent player this season) or Miller (SPL player of the month)?

Bamba wasn't missed on Saturday, and I wouldn't be too gutted if he's away.

Part/Time Supporter
09-11-2009, 07:08 PM
I don't understand this obsession with getting Bamba back into midfield. He played in midfield for most of last season and Hibs were utter pish in that department. Come to think of it, playing alongside the likes of Keenan is probably what made Bamba look like a half-decent midfielder.

:wink:

HibbyAndy
09-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Bamba is a centre half no two ways about it...he's lost in Midfield.

Id like Hibs to hang on to him AFTER the world cup, would rake in a hefty fee for the club, think we know this tho to be honest.

--------
09-11-2009, 07:12 PM

Zemmama, McBride (our most consistent player this season) or Miller (SPL player of the month)?

He's a very good defender, and I'd be sorry to lose him this early. I'd rather we had him playing for us up till the World Cup before selling him on, but playing in the back four, not in midfield.

If he does move on in January, I'd expect we'd have the resources available to replace him without too much trouble, but even right now we have options available to us - we're not going to be struggling without him as much as we would have been last season.

Barney McGrew
09-11-2009, 07:20 PM
He's a very good defender, and I'd be sorry to lose him this early. I'd rather we had him playing for us up till the World Cup before selling him on, but playing in the back four, not in midfield.

If he does move on in January, I'd expect we'd have the resources available to replace him without too much trouble, but even right now we have options available to us - we're not going to be struggling without him as much as we would have been last season.

I'm not saying he's not a good defender Doddie, but no-one is bigger than the club and his actions last week make it look like that's exactly what he thinks he is.

Minder
09-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Does anyone seriously think the Gaffer would have missed?

Sergey
09-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Does anyone seriously think the Gaffer would gave missed?

Can I have a vowel please, Carol?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
09-11-2009, 09:59 PM

We're a stronger team with Bamba as it allows Murray to drop back in at Left Back. I hope he gets his heid together and puts in a decent shift until he does move, in the scanario Scoopyboy outlines if he wants to retain his place in the Ivory Coast squad.

Zitelli
09-11-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm a big fan of Sol but if the rumours about his "spat" with Yogi is true then we should get rid in January. No ones bigger than the club and it sounds as though Bamba has forgotten this.

ancient hibee
09-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Cheers mate.

Hope he signs, was rock solid against Celtc

Do you think so?His spell at right back was dreadful-when he went to centre half he was posted missing for both McDonald's goals-McLean looks a much better prospect.

--------
09-11-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm not saying he's not a good defender Doddie, but no-one is bigger than the club and his actions last week make it look like that's exactly what he thinks he is.

I agree totally. No one is bigger than the club.

I just wouldn't play him in midfield. If he HAS gone AWOL (and Yogi isn't satisfied with the outcome when he gets back from international duty) then I have absolutely no problems with him being disciplined as severely as deemed necessary.

We have Murray, Hanlon, McCormack and Stevenson available - and also one Steve Thicot who played rather well beside IM in the previous Tynecastle derby, IIRC.

FWIW, I've had the feeling off and on that Bamba isn't the only one with a rather inflated opinion of himself right now. A certain Republic of Ireland striker needs to get down to some hard graft, because presently he isn't quite living up to his reputation, IMHO. But at least he turned up on Saturday.

HibeePaj
10-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Don't think we missed Bamba at all on Sat. Ian Murray and Stevenson done really well IMO.

I do think Bamba was good as a midfeilder with Thicot under Mixu, but with Miller and Mcbride he is redundant in that position now.

Bamba is 'happy' at hibs but i dont think he will be at ER in a years time.
Hope im wrong though because he is a good solid player for us:thumbsup:

Paget

Steve20
10-11-2009, 07:28 AM
If this is true, then we should get rid of him.

hibhib7
10-11-2009, 08:43 AM
It's only a couple of weeks since Chris Hogg was being slated here but he was outstanding on Saturday. Bamba has made a lot of mistakes in the past but is still learning and improving all the time. He will develop into a top-class centre half and we should be looking for a lot of money for him. In the meantime, maybe he has had a bit of a dust-up with Hughes, but Yogi will win that one and we can look forward to him performing for us for the rest of the season, at least.

Remember the money we got for De La Cruz after his performances at the World Cup.

TornadoHibby
10-11-2009, 08:54 AM

Look in a mirror first wee_hibee! :agree: :wink:

TornadoHibby
10-11-2009, 08:57 AM

Listen wee_hibee, it's very easy to find fault! That's why there are so many critics in life! :wink:

Now why don't you explain the rationale you adopted for reaching the conclusion you have reached here as I for one would really like to understand that please! :agree:

TornadoHibby
10-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Perhaps so.

Ahem! No it didn't! :wink:

Hogg and Murray were immense! :agree:

TornadoHibby
10-11-2009, 09:00 AM
Not so.

:top marks

zlatan
10-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I love the blind loyalty some posters on this board have towards certain players :hilarious

scoopyboy
10-11-2009, 10:29 AM
I love the blind loyalty some posters on this board have towards certain players :hilarious

Too right mate.

Check #42

Hibs90
10-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Hope this isn't true for our sake, Bamba is a good player. But if it is true what he's done then we should just sell in January.

Keith_M
10-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Ahem! No it didn't! :wink:

Hogg and Murray were immense! :agree:

Yes, they were, but unfortunately the shape of the team had to be changed to compensate. I'm sure that contributed to failing to beat a very poor Hearts team.

I for one would prefer the sitaution to be resolved and Bamba not just written off. I'm getting pretty hacked off with having to just 'write off' any player who decides they're suddenly too good for the club and want to leave.

johnrebus
10-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Assuming there is no smoke without fire and there is a problem between Bamba and Yogi ........,

We have had to put up with so much **** from players such as Thompson and Brown etc over the last few years that this Bamba stuff is pretty much over my head now.

If we can cop a couple of million for someone who cost £100K then I will be delighted - although I would rather it was in the summer than in January.

:yawn:

TornadoHibby
10-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Yes, they were, but unfortunately the shape of the team had to be changed to compensate. I'm sure that contributed to failing to beat a very poor Hearts team.

I for one would prefer the sitaution to be resolved and Bamba not just written off. I'm getting pretty hacked off with having to just 'write off' any player who decides they're suddenly too good for the club and want to leave.

Shape of the team changed due to loss of Zemmama and Riordan IMO! :agree:

No defensive shape change that I could notice unless you know better! :wink:

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Shape of the team changed due to loss of Zemmama and Riordan IMO! :agree:

No defensive shape change that I could notice unless you know better! :wink:

You are right when you say Riordan and Zemamma not playing changed the shape of the team further up the park, but i also think things also changed at the back. We had a back 4 as usual, but were restricted to just wotherspoon going forward, whereas in recent weeks, we have also seen Murray bombing forward too. Stevenson never crossed the half way line.

TornadoHibby
10-11-2009, 12:07 PM
You are right when you say Riordan and Zemamma not playing changed the shape of the team further up the park, but i also think things also changed at the back. We had a back 4 as usual, but were restricted to just wotherspoon going forward, whereas in recent weeks, we have also seen Murray bombing forward too. Stevenson never crossed the half way line.

Think that's a bit harsh BH although Murray does tend to get forward more agressively than Lewis when he plays at LB! :wink:

Think you'll find that when Derek came on, Lewis moved forward in support of him continually providing with him with support and assisted at least of one of his goal attempts! :agree:

Lewis has only had one start so far this season and I felt that he did pretty well ok and certainly didn't let the side down on Saturday! :agree:

To sum up - I don't agree with you! :wink: :greengrin

--------
10-11-2009, 12:21 PM

I wasn't at the game but I was told that the attack shaped up much better as soon as Deek came on - his absence is always a blow. Looking at the highlights, he appeared to pose a more dangerous goal-threat than all the other forwards on the field put together - from both sides, that is.

I would imagine that Zouma's absence would mean that we lost a lot of penetration from midfield - the difference when he was taken off against Aberdeen was obvious.

This isn't to criticise either Colin Nish or Kurtis Byrne; however, the team has become used to playing in a particular pattern and the loss of Deek and Zouma disrupted that pattern, as did the loss of Bamba, since Ian Murray is taller and more mobile than Lewis is. It's also a tall order to make your first appearance of the season in a local derby, especially one as important as Saturday's was. From all accounts, Lewis did well, and fully deserves his recall to the Scotland under-21 side. But I suspect he had safety-first firmly at the forefront of his mind - he wouldn't want to be caught out and end up as the guy who made the mistake that cost us the game. Hibs fans aren't renowned for their forbearance and understanding....

We have options, and not just in defence. We could have played either Cregg or Galbraith on the left rather than Rankin - maybe we should have done so? But Bamba's an important player for us, and while I still say he should be disciplined if he in fact did go AWOL, it would be good if we could keep him playing for us until the World Cup so we can do a De La Cruz with him.

Another defender signed in January would be handy.

Expecting Rain
10-11-2009, 12:52 PM
I wasn't at the game but I was told that the attack shaped up much better as soon as Deek came on - his absence is always a blow. Looking at the highlights, he appeared to pose a more dangerous goal-threat than all the other forwards on the field put together - from both sides, that is.

I would imagine that Zouma's absence would mean that we lost a lot of penetration from midfield - the difference when he was taken off against Aberdeen was obvious.

This isn't to criticise either Colin Nish or Kurtis Byrne; however, the team has become used to playing in a particular pattern and the loss of Deek and Zouma disrupted that pattern, as did the loss of Bamba, since Ian Murray is taller and more mobile than Lewis is. It's also a tall order to make your first appearance of the season in a local derby, especially one as important as Saturday's was. From all accounts, Lewis did well, and fully deserves his recall to the Scotland under-21 side. But I suspect he had safety-first firmly at the forefront of his mind - he wouldn't want to be caught out and end up as the guy who made the mistake that cost us the game. Hibs fans aren't renowned for their forbearance and understanding....

We have options, and not just in defence. We could have played either Cregg or Galbraith on the left rather than Rankin - maybe we should have done so? But Bamba's an important player for us, and while I still say he should be disciplined if he in fact did go AWOL, it would be good if we could keep him playing for us until the World Cup so we can do a De La Cruz with him.

Another defender signed in January would be handy.

Doddie, imo we were shapeless until Riordan came on and handed the initiative to Hearts, Rankin,Benji, Stokes and Stevenson were all played out of position, which not only effected the players mentioned but the positions around them also, i agree Galbraith for Rankin and also Cregg for Benji would have given us a better balance, as for Bamba i have mixed feelings about him he can be brilliant and poor within a couple of minutes, irrespective of the reasons for his absence i`d like to see him listening and learning to the coaches at Easter Road before making his way down to the premiership if that ever happens.

--------
10-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Doddie, imo we were shapeless until Riordan came on and handed the initiative to Hearts, Rankin,Benji, Stokes and Stevenson were all played out of position, which not only effected the players mentioned but the positions around them also, i agree Galbraith for Rankin and also Cregg for Benji would have given us a better balance, as for Bamba i have mixed feelings about him he can be brilliant and poor within a couple of minutes, irrespective of the reasons for his absence i`d like to see him listening and learning to the coaches at Easter Road before making his way down to the premiership if that ever happens.

That's almost exactly what my mate said, churchy.

When I've seen Bamba this season he's played well. I agree he has stuff to learn still before moving on, and I suspect he has an agent who's looking to cash in on him quickly rather than encouraging him to develop as a footballer with a view to a really successful career. (Is there any other kind of agent, come to think of it?) He's already improved a lot this season, IMO.

brog
10-11-2009, 01:58 PM
There are credible posters on here who are saying Yogi/Sol had a spat & some of the circumstantial evidence seems to back this up. On the other hand I heard about the " spat " some 45 mins before ko on Saturday from more than one person. It's possible therefore it's a rumour which has grown legs & re-cycled back to become a " fact ". Regardless, if true it's in both Hibs & Bamba's interest for it to be kept quiet & to move on.
I strongly suspect Bamba will be back in team for next game but will move in January. As long as we can reinvest in Barr & others I'll be happy.

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Think that's a bit harsh BH although Murray does tend to get forward more agressively than Lewis when he plays at LB! :wink:

Think you'll find that when Derek came on, Lewis moved forward in support of him continually providing with him with support and assisted at least of one of his goal attempts! :agree:

Lewis has only had one start so far this season and I felt that he did pretty well ok and certainly didn't let the side down on Saturday! :agree:

To sum up - I don't agree with you! :wink: :greengrin

Aye maybe a bit harsh.:wink: I just wish we had the 3 good players that were missing on the park Saturday. We'd have pumped them imho if they were.