PDA

View Full Version : Where's Bob's Derby Clothing Thread

GC
07-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Have I missed it DBS?

This is tradition on here:greengrin

I can't sleep, I'm way too excited now about the game.

Mon the Cabbage:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::hnet:

NaeTechnoHibby
07-11-2009, 01:15 AM
There's a "Credit Crunch" ye ken :agree:

It would surely be bad form for him to post his extravagant pre-derby shopping minutae when so many people are struggling to make pegs :agree:

Besides, the value of that caravan in Merchiston will have taken a hit tae :wink:

Hibbyradge
07-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Disgrace.

Hibercelona
07-11-2009, 01:44 AM
DBS forgetting about the Derby Clothing Thread?

I think your slipping Bob.... :wink:

Perhaps not Hibs class anymore :devil: :greengrin

hibbie02
07-11-2009, 09:11 AM
I am starting to panic. I have to head off into London shortly to watch the game and not only do we not have any idea whit Dashing Bob is featuring today....but Calgary hasn't done the needful yet either [Lazy Git]. I am starting to get a bad vibe..................:bitchy:

IWasThere2016
07-11-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm reliably informed that Derby nerves have had the better of Bob all week and it has one comfort binge after another.

I am saddened to report that the once elegant and gracious Sir Bib (not a typo but his new nickname) has gained 120lbs and will mostly be wearing grey elastic waisted sweatpants, stained sleeve t-shirt, hoody and unfastened trainys (he cannae reach the laces!) this weekend.

Sad sad times.

Edit: Disclaimer - all of the above remains an unconfirmed rumour until verified and exclaimed as a .net exclusive by Bawheid.

Bristolhibby
07-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Jeans and Cabs Away.

Class.

Dashing Bob S
08-11-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm reliably informed that Derby nerves have had the better of Bob all week and it has one comfort binge after another.

I am saddened to report that the once elegant and gracious Sir Bib (not a typo but his new nickname) has gained 120lbs and will mostly be wearing grey elastic waisted sweatpants, stained sleeve t-shirt, hoody and unfastened trainys (he cannae reach the laces!) this weekend.

Sad sad times.

Edit: Disclaimer - all of the above remains an unconfirmed rumour until verified and exclaimed as a .net exclusive by Bawheid.

Not so much nerves TQM, it was more to do with having the busiest week workwise I can recall for some time. Even thought that i'd miss the game at one stage. In the event, there wasn't that much to miss.

I was in the Tyney hospitality (if one could actually use that term in relation to such ungracious institution without the accompanying veritable swathes of irony) so I opted for a dark Alexander McQueen Shearling Peacoat, (no poppy) charcoal Amani trousers, black Dolce and Gabbana shoes (I wouldn't wear handcrafted Italians to that place, you never what your soles might pick up from the carpet) and a cream Paul Smith shirt to show off a tan recently gleaned from Egypt.

Not a big fan of McQueen, but love this particular item, and obviously kept a nervous eye on it's whereabouts in such a den of scoundrels, thieves and vagabonds.

I didn't realise that my derby attire threads had become so popular, one feels suitably humbled and will endeavour to keep up flying the sartorial flag.

If I was up me, ER would be the most exclusive club on the planet with strict dress codes. I realise that many of comrades prefer to slop about in jeans and replica strips, but I feel that if they made the effort, they would reap the psychological rewards.

hibbie02
08-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Not so much nerves TQM, it was more to do with having the busiest week workwise I can recall for some time. Even thought that i'd miss the game at one stage. In the event, there wasn't that much to miss.

I was in the Tyney hospitality (if one could actually use that term in relation to such ungracious institution without the accompanying veritable swathes of irony) so I opted for a dark Alexander McQueen Shearling Peacoat, (no poppy) charcoal Amani trousers, black Dolce and Gabbana shoes (I wouldn't wear handcrafted Italians to that place, you never what your soles might pick up from the carpet) and a cream Paul Smith shirt to show off a tan recently gleaned from Egypt.

Not a big fan of McQueen, but love this particular item, and obviously kept a nervous eye on it's whereabouts in such a den of scoundrels, thieves and vagabonds.

I didn't realise that my derby attire threads had become so popular, one feels suitably humbled and will endeavour to keep up flying the sartorial flag.

If I was up me, ER would be the most exclusive club on the planet with strict dress codes. I realise that many of comrades prefer to slop about in jeans and replica strips, but I feel that if they made the effort, they would reap the psychological rewards.

Careful Bob or you may be accused of starting up a Very Smart Casual Crew... You will be pleased to know that the lack of posting of a sartorial nature was noted and commented on, even down in London. :cool2:

Betty Boop
08-11-2009, 02:35 PM

Bob you are such a fashionista !

GC
08-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Stylish as always Bob, I feel you may have looked very much out of place in Hospy however, mixing in with the locals dressed as ever in whatever they could have pulled from the bottom of the washing basket that morning.

Keep it up my good man.