PDA

View Full Version : Media bbc news

suavegav
06-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Just watched the bbc news coverage and was expecting a report on the derby tomorrow considering its the biggest game this weekend. Nothing was said, all we got was more s...e about the huns riot on wed and the tics missed chances in hamburg. then tennis and rugby.
I think this is digraceful and more shoddy coverage from the west for the west. thoughts!:grr:

Ell_Chrisso
06-11-2009, 06:04 PM
This doesnt suprise me in the slightest...

Pretty Boy
06-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Did anyone really expect anything else?

Newhaven
06-11-2009, 06:06 PM
This doesnt suprise me in the slightest...

Sadly your right. Coupled with radio scotland and the ex hearts love in of hiring ex-players and it is disgraceful.

Ell_Chrisso
06-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Not only for the bbc news, but for bbc sport scotland aswell, its terrible.
Every saturday, listening to build ups to games on the radio, u are garanteed, to listen to an old firm debate for an hour, about how crap they are etc, rather than talk about any other team, that forms the LEAGUE the vermon are in, and not just they two by therselves.

Im glad we arent getting talked about much. Let us go about our work, un recognised, and hopefully we are the ones still there, in and around the mix come the end of the season!

EasterRoad4Ever
06-11-2009, 06:11 PM
The BBC and the OF are both dinosaurs from a previous era who's days are numbered. BBC will die as soon as the Government wake up to the fact that they can't continue to screw the public for £££ every year for one channel that's out of touch with the populous. The OF are on a downward spiral - no better than an "average SPL" club side trying to compete with the European elite :yawn:

Hibs are the future. The BBC are just in denial :greengrin

Hibercelona
06-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Am I the only person that sees the good side of this?

More media coverage = more pressure on players.

I'm glad the derby is getting a mention. :agree:

Ell_Chrisso
06-11-2009, 06:16 PM
No you are right, there is a good side, to no lime light. As you pointed out, with the less pressure on the players. But at the same time, the Derby tomorrow, is all the pressure they can get. No tv coverage etc, is not going to make it any more difficult, derbys take care of there self.

NOLA
06-11-2009, 06:24 PM
did they not cover it thursday night?

The Green Goblin
06-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Absolutely agree with the OP and have been thinking this myself of late. Living across the other side of the world, I was happy to discover the BBC Scottish football podcast recently. At last, I thought - I can stay in touch with the pre-match radio debates from saturday afternoons.

Tonight`s episode is entitled "celtic`s woes". Last week, we had "rangers in europe" and before that "walter and the media". In between those, there were an assortment of discussions about tony mowbray, walter smith, rangers finances, and a seemingly endless string of discussions about the ugly sisters wanting to leave the SPL.

It was on my mind to e-mail them and just tell them how utterly rubbish this was. The thing is, I don`t even just want to hear about hibs. I`d welcome features on any of the other spl clubs, or any one of the smaller clubs throughout scotland, sheesh, even the yams would be a welcome break from the predictable yawn-fest that these guys talk about night after night after night. How about a history of st. johnstone, or focus on cowdenbeath, or a light-hearted look at the highland league? Anything would be better than the dead air they are wasting licence payers` money on night after night.

From now on, I`ll just stick to the Off the Ball podcast, which never fails to entertain, and has more scottish footballing points of interest than the whole week of BBC guff put together.

What a pathetic and unimaginative let down the BBC have become. :bitchy:

GG

NAE NOOKIE
06-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Couldn't agree more with the OP.

This is the biggest game in Scotland by a mile tomorrow and yet not a mention on BBC Glasgow.

Typical though.

I can see the headlines on the BBC in May:

Tonight !!! Pictures from Hibs open top bus trip through Edinburgh with the League Trophy.

But first .... We talk to Tony Mowbray and Walter Smith about the Old Firms new pie deal with Walls.

:greengrin

Lofarl
06-11-2009, 06:45 PM
But first .... We talk to Tony Mowbray and Walter Smith about the Old Firms new pie deal with Walls.

:greengrin

Followed by Nade's opinion on them no doubt :wink:

James70
06-11-2009, 06:52 PM
I remember years ago there would a good preview of all the top games on Reporting Scotland every Friday night.

It makes me sick how one or other of the OF get mentioned in the headlines most nights followed by lengthy articles later in the programme on both clubs. If they were actually achieving anything in Europe it would be understandable. Surely the BBC have a duty to all licence fee payers to provide a comprehensive report on the SPL and not just the OF.

If they were to ever leave the SPL you can just imagine how little coverage the domestic game would get after their departure.

Horse
06-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Just watched the bbc news coverage and was expecting a report on the derby tomorrow considering its the biggest game this weekend. Nothing was said, all we got was more s...e about the huns riot on wed and the tics missed chances in hamburg. then tennis and rugby.
I think this is digraceful and more shoddy coverage from the west for the west. thoughts!:grr:

Was not surprised to see the first two stories were about the sectarian franchise but I was a bit surprised and not just a wee bit p***ed off that there was no mention of what is no doubt the biggest game of the weekend in Scotland! Typical west coast media ****!