PDA

View Full Version : Be honest, what's your gut feeling about tomorrow's result?

Mag7
06-11-2009, 03:12 PM
There's so much talk about how well Hibs are going and how poor Hearts are that I simply can't predict a win for us tomorrow with any confidence. It would be too good to be true.

Woody1985
06-11-2009, 03:17 PM
They're jammy ***** and will probably beat us 1-0.

Can't see us ending up 14 ahead after 11 games but here's hoping we are!

HibbyAndy
06-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Yesterday wasnt confident but today i am, not sure bout tomorrow though.

If 2 teams play to there potential, Hibernian will win.

bighairyfaeleith
06-11-2009, 03:24 PM
I have said we'll thump them on one thread the other day, earlier today I said I'd be happy with a draw and now I have just voted we'll get beat!!!

By tomorrow???? **** knows, I need some serious amounts of lager tonight I think :wink:

Hibee87
06-11-2009, 03:27 PM
All week i have been confident of a win, now im not, tomorrow i will, then ill have doubt, then ill have a few beers and be well up for it then ill sit in my seat and feel nervous again that we might get beat. just a usuall derby build up really :notworthy:

Mon Dieu4
06-11-2009, 03:29 PM
We shall win

Phil D. Rolls
06-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Truth be told, they need it more than us. It's curtains for them if they fall any further behing the wee team. The shame, the humiliation of being that far behind a group of Hobos from Lochend who have to tarmac drives to pay their players, and sell clothes pegs to afford the price of a Private Hire Car to go to away games is bound to be hard to take.

The players should also be aware that IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS, the fans of HOMO FC are not the type to take this sort of thing lightly. Should they lose they can not only expect a flurry of OPEN LETTERS to Mr Romanov, and Mr Bill Gates, but they should be wary of venturing out on the town. MAKE NO MISTAKE, THE YAMS KNOW WHERE THEY ALL LIVE, AND THEY WILL KILL THEM IF THEY LOSE.

Craig_in_Prague
06-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Me thinks many pink ST books will be chucked tomorrow :thumbsup:

Makaveli
06-11-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm getting more confident by the minute, the opposite of a usual derby buildup!

AFKA5814_Hibs
06-11-2009, 03:38 PM
I think it'll be a draw.

They're not as good as us, but think they'll raise their game for tomorrow.

Keith_M
06-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Where's the option for 'cr*pping my pants about it'?

:wink:

HIBERNIAN 1875
06-11-2009, 03:44 PM
My gut feeling is a draw. :agree:

MSK
06-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Hibs win ..

Better players...

Better Manager.....

Better board ............

Better finances................

Better stadium .....................

Classier fans ...............................:notworthy: :thumbsup:

Alicky Ranks
06-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Wow, interesting poll. Exactly equal voting for each option at present. Gives a lie to the impression you get from most on this board that we'll cruise to victory. It's a hard call that's for sure. On paper we're more than good enough to win but we have to show up right from the start. You just have to look back to the Hamilton game to see what happens when you underestimate lowly opposition.

Hibercelona
06-11-2009, 03:53 PM
I will stick with the dream I had a couple of nights ago... we were 2-0 up at half time, then I woke up!

So its some how going to be 3-2.... you just know it. :boo hoo:

Hibs07p
06-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Hearts are good defensively and very difficult to break down but they need the win more than us, so my tactics for tomorrow would be to sit in a wee bit, invite them to attack us, that will definitely confuse them. I would start with Colin Nish, allow them to make space for our forwards to get into by them attacking, and hoof the ball right up to Nishy to knock down for Deeks, Stokesy, and Zouma to run onto. If that doesn't work, we'll just have to refer back to our silky style and flair, then pass them off the park. Seriously though, sit tight, let their fans get on their backs, and then try to pick them off. :cool2:

New Corrie
06-11-2009, 04:06 PM
I've got a horrible feeling that we are going to lose. In the other poll I voted for settling for a draw. I've made the mistake before regarding us winning Derby matches and more often than not we come unstuck....Hope i'm wrong!

Funnily enough I fancied us the last time we were at Tynecastle (depleted squad and no form) and all that!

New Corrie
06-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Hibs win ..

Better players...

Better Manager.....

Better board ............

Better finances................

Better stadium .....................

Classier fans ...............................:notworthy: :thumbsup:

Can't argue with any of that!......Definately going to lose:wink:

Barney McGrew
06-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Despite the fact we're better than them as a team in every department, it's got draw written all over it.

You have to bear in mind Hertz are a shower of spawny barstewards.

JE89
06-11-2009, 04:15 PM
60 people voted so far - and its 20,20,20 - good old derby predictions!

GraniteCityHibs
06-11-2009, 04:19 PM
It won't be pretty (cos they're a Big, Physical side):jamboak:

therefore:
1-1

And i'd take that with bells on!:agree:

The sellick fan at my work says 2-1 Hibs!

i'd also take that with bells on!

mully_bear
06-11-2009, 04:28 PM
I have said we'll thump them on one thread the other day, earlier today I said I'd be happy with a draw and now I have just voted we'll get beat!!!

By tomorrow???? **** knows, I need some serious amounts of lager tonight I think :wink:
just play 6-2 game over and over on you tube that should get your in the right mindset

Scooter
06-11-2009, 04:35 PM
We're 11 points ahead. We have 4 goal scorers to their none. Caba on shoggliy peg where Hughes getting plaudits, 3 internationalists to their none. People on this board asking how many we will hammer them by.

EVERYTHING is set up for us to get beat. So I think we will get beat :-(

brythehibby
06-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Very mixed reactions! I for one am bricking it but can't wait at the same time. I think this is the first big test to see just how good this team are. Ibrox was a test but we went there with nothing to lose, defeat at the PBS however may have a very bad affect on us. No games next week so let's make sure everyone gives absolutely everything. I believe we will win the game but not as easy as some predict.

C'mon the cabbage!

7Hero
06-11-2009, 04:54 PM
feel the same as i do every derby, were gonna lose..

dunno why them being tomkite and us flying would make any difference, it usually doesnt

Leithenhibby
06-11-2009, 04:57 PM
I think we can come away with a victory, but found the pole results very interesting - right across the board... :dizzy:

Green Man
06-11-2009, 05:05 PM
I really have no idea what's going to happen tomorrow. I'm not confident as it's a derby, but if we play well they shouldn't be able to match us.

RickyS
06-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Despite the fact we're better than them as a team in every department, it's got draw written all over it.

You have to bear in mind Hertz are a shower of spawny barstewards.

the chance to go 14 ahead! we are talkin about Hibs here, we have been let down so many times in the past, and I just cant shake the thought Hibs will let us down again and the deluded lot will be believin again.

please please please Yogi, get the boys fired up!

PS, can anyone come up with the stat about Hibs managers first derby success rate?

Hainan Hibs
06-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Got a bad feeling now to be honest. With everything pointing to a Hibs win it is set up for a big fall. Hearts will attempt to boot us off the park and with a tight pitch it's not going to be pretty. I also have a bad feeling for a calamity error allowing Heart's a 1-0 win:boo hoo:.

The only advantage to that view is we win when I feel that way, but I've got a really weird/bad feeling for this one.

Hopefully it's just derby nerves. C'MON THE HIBEES:notworthy:

hibbybrian
06-11-2009, 05:36 PM
PS, can anyone come up with the stat about Hibs managers first derby success rate?

Bob Shankly 4-0 win at Tynie
Willie MacFarlane 2-0 win at Tynie
Dave Ewing 0-0 draw at Tynie
Eddie T 2-0 win at Tynie

need to check out the rest (but suspect maybe not as good)

Other stats

- 1966 - Start of Hibs only losing 4 out of 32 League Derbies.
- 1969 - Beginning of no (hearts) goals in 9 league games against Hibs.
- 1973 - (7-0) Equaled Hearts record league defeat margin.
- 1986 - Hearts' first Ne'er Day victory since 1966

:flag:

EasterRoad4Ever
06-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Yams will go for an expansive all out attacking formation in the hope of outscoring us, using their world class fire-power up front.

Or maybe of course they'll try to squeeze the life out of the game, deny us any time and space on the ball, kick lumps out of any Hibs player who dwells or gets within 5 yrds of the ball in the hope they can keep it to 0-0 until the last few mins - and them hope to nick it.

I can't decide :wink:

soupy
06-11-2009, 06:03 PM
I think were gonna win, but ill be keekin it if and when they get forward due to the fact the defence is still dodgy....

GGTTH:notworthy:

NOLA
06-11-2009, 06:35 PM
hertz showed against sellik in the cup that they can raise therr game against the big teams, and will be hard to break down on their own patch, so i think a draw tomorrow

Removed
06-11-2009, 06:43 PM
hertz showed against sellik in the cup that they can raise therr game against the big teams, and will be hard to break down on their own patch, so i think a draw tomorrow

Cmon smeltc only lost that because of pish finishing. If that was hertz raising their game then bring it on.

Still *****ing masel though but it's gonny be barry :flag::scarf::partyhibb:smokin

hibsbollah
06-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Ive got a strong feeling its going to be a draw...

The Voice Of Reason
06-11-2009, 07:16 PM
I would take a draw right now, can't stand losing against those filthy reprobates :agree:

I hate the night before a derby....don't think I'll sleep much tonight. :worried:

Note - I had a dream that we won 1-0 with a late Liam Miller goal (a mazy run then a great finish)........that can't come true.....can it ?!?!? :pray:

joe breezy
06-11-2009, 07:19 PM
They have to win and we don't so I think it may be a draw

Prof. Shaggy
06-11-2009, 07:29 PM
We have a better team and our recent form is way better than theirs.
I know the conventional wisdom is that form goes out the window and even that the form team usually loses, BUT... we always tend to remember the results that go against form. I don't expect the real statistics actually bear out the 'form doesn't matter' theory - although I guess form matters less than it does usually.

What I've seen from Hibs recently is a real determination to win every game. You'll need to forgive the analogy, but its been similar to watching Celtic - ONLY in the sense that the players look like their determined not to let the game end until they have won it.

Going into tomorrow's game with that mentality should see us through.

But, hey, this is football and, more important, this is Hibs. I reserve the right to be wrong!
I'm confident Hibs will be the better team and will make their superiority count.

Dashing Bob S
06-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Have noticed over the years that my gut (or washboard six pack) makes no difference to the performance or result. I usually run the proverbial roller coaster from we'll to stuff them, we'll come a cropper to seeing past it being a draw.

In Yogi we trust, he'll have them up for it, passing the ball and not shirking the battles. If we do that, i'll be pleased.

Horse
06-11-2009, 07:39 PM
There's so much talk about how well Hibs are going and how poor Hearts are that I simply can't predict a win for us tomorrow with any confidence. It would be too good to be true.

I'm not going to vote because I genuinely have no idea how tomorrow will go. Sometimes I just know we're going to win - even when we went 1.0 down in the 6.2 game I still knew we'd win. I knew we'd lose he semi but the less said about that the better! This time I just don't know - we have the players to hurt them but if we don't click then I think they are capable of grinding us down like they did against Celtic. On the up side I think that if we create the amount of chances Celtic did then our strikers will surely score at least one of them and at 1.0 down Hearts would be there for the taking. If they score first then we're gonna have a real hard time breaking them down.

Who knows? But to say I really hope we stuff the big pink sub-species tomorrow is an understatement of the highest order!

Craig_in_Prague
06-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Have noticed over the years that my gut (or washboard six pack) makes no difference to the performance or result. I usually run the proverbial roller coaster from we'll to stuff them, we'll come a cropper to seeing past it being a draw.

In Yogi we trust, he'll have them up for it, passing the ball and not shirking the battles. If we do that, i'll be pleased.

Well said that man.

At the end of the day, no matter how pessimistic we are, or how optimistic we are, it will bear nothing on the game.

It's down to the players and management.
As I've said on many other threads, who better would be want to take us to Tynie?
We've a really quality team, a sound management team and a generally very very positive feeling with the club right now.

Lets get behind the team and roar them on to victory. And watch the yams suffer.
:notworthy:

Sir David Gray
06-11-2009, 07:44 PM
the chance to go 14 ahead! we are talkin about Hibs here, we have been let down so many times in the past, and I just cant shake the thought Hibs will let us down again and the deluded lot will be believin again.

please please please Yogi, get the boys fired up!

Alex McLeish-Hibs 2-1 Hearts
Franck Sauzee-Hearts 1-1 Hibs
Bobby Williamson-Hibs 1-2 Hearts
Tony Mowbray-Hearts 2-1 Hibs
John Collins-Hibs 1-0 Hearts (CIS Cup), first league derby-Hearts 3-2 Hibs
Mixu Paatelainen-Hearts 1-0 Hibs

That's the stats for our past few managers.

chrisski33
06-11-2009, 07:46 PM
personnally i think with the hype around the game tomorrow it will be a cr@p game and cud end up being 0-0! at some point we are going to lose but i hope it aint tomorrow! ill be working tomorrow and thats usually a good sign! they will raise their game like they did against celtic but they only beat them because of a penalty lets hope we dont give them a penalty as thats the only way i see them scoring!

Monts
06-11-2009, 07:56 PM
I can't see us winning I'm afraid. There's just too much of a good thing for us if we do...bragging rights, 3 derby wins in a row, 14 points ahead, keeping rangers below us for at least another week, even going top of the table!
It's just not the hibs way to deliver....

I'm hoping for a draw...

sahib
06-11-2009, 08:29 PM
I can't see us winning I'm afraid. There's just too much of a good thing for us if we do...bragging rights, 3 derby wins in a row, 14 points ahead, keeping rangers below us for at least another week, even going top of the table!
It's just not the hibs way to deliver....

I'm hoping for a draw...

It certainly hasn't been the Hibs way in my life time but it has not always been like that- so fingers crossed.

heidtheba
06-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Hoping for a win but fully expecting some great unskilled carthorse to put it into our net. Form looks good but I've never taken much from that in the past. We should have lost the last one (on paper) so anything is possible.

brydekirk
06-11-2009, 09:45 PM
this team will deliver. :thumbsup: they need our support though.
for 88mins on saturday, i thought i was in a library . they are trying for us lets get right behind them.:agree::agree::agree:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

mcfly
06-11-2009, 09:58 PM
they are crap - early goal and we could win easy however they are likely to play a 5 - 5 - 0 formation and kill the game.

settle for 1 goal win.

stokes 1st goal scorer at 7/1 looks a good bet.

blackhibee
06-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Despite the difference in league positions, and overall form, as usual this is a hard one to call. I would still say our best performance this season was against Motherwell at Fir Park, and that show's that the potential is there to beat Hearts comfortably. But even though since then we've continued to play well most of the time, and we're still picking up points, to me we're not really killing off teams, just yet anyway. I don't think Hearts are a particularly good team this year, and i'm not particularly convinced about their morale either, so sadly, a draw for me.

Pete
06-11-2009, 11:09 PM
The gist I get from reading the news is that Hearts will come at us all guns, shoulders and bellys blazing and we will sit back and see how it goes...trusting in our superior footballing abilities.

I hope this is mind games and we go for the throat early on and match fire with fire.

If we sit back early and try and soak them up we're finished. They'll grow in confidence and will batter our defence. I think that nade might be a thorn in our side.

I think we'll lose the battle tomorrow but we'll win the war.

Sorry but you asked for the gut feeling:greengrin

PedroEdin84
07-11-2009, 04:57 AM
Im honestly not sure. When i go to tynecastle we get beat. Im not well and in bed for the forseeable future due to cartilidge around my ribs, so all going well i fancy 2-1 for us but would happily take a draw!

PeeJay
07-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Funny that not even half of us think we can win (44+%) -

Anyway, due to my wife arranging some event that I have to attend I am going to miss the Hibernian Television live transmission - :grr::grr::grr:

Still, I think as a team we are confident enough to do the Hearts some damage today - I'd like to think we can take them 3-0.

Course it is derby day so anything can happen - this all reminds of of THAT day so many years ago when we needed so many points to go top; I missed the game we won 7-0 ...now that really would be something. Hope everyone giong to the game has a great time.

I'll catch up on the result some time this evening - let it be a good one for us!

steakbake
07-11-2009, 09:13 AM
8-0 to the Hibees and a new dvd out in time for Christmas.