PDA

View Full Version : how much is hibernian football club worth?

Tha Cabbage Kid
06-11-2009, 02:33 PM
as it says on the tin.

just reading about clubs getting bought down south. And obviously our neighbours wishing someone would buy out mad vlad. got me thinking.

how much is hibernian football club worth? if Sir tom was to sell how, much would he be looking for?

and would it be good value for money?

Phil D. Rolls
06-11-2009, 02:34 PM
It's priceless.

Dr_Regal
06-11-2009, 02:37 PM
as it says on the tin.

just reading about clubs getting bought down south. And obviously our neighbours wishing someone would buy out mad vlad. got me thinking.

how much is hibernian football club worth? if Sir tom was to sell how, much would he be looking for?

and would it be good value for money?

Good question. Have you got your Euromillions ticket on?

GB6
06-11-2009, 02:43 PM
It's priceless.

:top marks

bobbyhibs1983
06-11-2009, 02:44 PM
i think its upto whoever owns the club.I feel people who d wanna buy a club will value the clubs assets, for us it be like how much the stadium is worth, the training centre, the players, any other assets, add them up and take away the debt prehaps?

but as i said its upto whoever owns the club, because say we are worth 40millions whoever owns the club could say i want x amount

Tha Cabbage Kid
06-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Good question. Have you got your Euromillions ticket on?

sure have Dr.:wink:

Jack
06-11-2009, 03:06 PM
If you have to ask, you cant afford it!

Tha Cabbage Kid
06-11-2009, 03:06 PM
would we be around the 15m mark? or 20m maybe?

jgl07
06-11-2009, 03:29 PM
would we be around the 15m mark? or 20m maybe?
And the rest.

The stadium (or rather three quarters of it) would be valued at £30 - £40 million in terms of costs of reinstatement. Add in the value of the land which must be in the region of £10 million.

The players contracts are also valuable. Riordan, Zemamma, Miller, Stokes, Bamba, etc could probably raise decent transfer fees.

Offset the £6.8 million in debts (mainly long term mortgages) and you would have a substantial (if rather notional) value.

Compare that with the (negative) value of our hosts tomorrow.

Keith_M
06-11-2009, 03:31 PM
The answer is, whatever a potential buyer is willing to pay for it.

ancienthibby
06-11-2009, 03:32 PM
And the rest.

The stadium (or rather three quarters of it) would be valued at £30 - £40 million in terms of costs of reinstatement. Add in the value of the land which must be in the region of £10 million.

The players contracts are also valuable. Riordan, Zemamma, Miller, Stokes, Bamba, etc could probably raise decent transfer fees.

Offset the £6.8 million in debts (mainly long term mortgages) and you would have a substantial (if rather notional) value.

Whatever WE might think, it's only worth what a buyer would pay!!

Seen any recently??

Especially around any other SPL teams??:devil::devil:

Phil D. Rolls
06-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Whatever WE might think, it's only worth what a buyer would pay!!

Seen any recently??

Especially around any other SPL teams??:devil::devil:

Apparently even Bill Gates is scared to invest in the SPL.

mglancy23
06-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Apparently even Bill Gates is scared to invest in the SPL.

till raith rovers are promoted

Hibercelona
06-11-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm not sure.

Lets gather all our pegs together and count them up.

I reckon about 15-20 million pegs.

libernian
06-11-2009, 04:20 PM

pretty much, substancial goodwill due to the potential i feel (think i'm getting the terminolgy right here)

Tha Cabbage Kid
06-11-2009, 04:21 PM
how much did romanov buy hearts for?

5 pegs?

Mikey
06-11-2009, 05:50 PM
how much did romanov buy hearts for?

An awful lot less than he's taken out of Hearts!

HFC 0-7
06-11-2009, 06:04 PM
And the rest.

Dont think thats how it works, usually football teams assets dont include stands as such, but more the land that the stands are on. Any buyer would be looking of ways to recoup cash if they want out, easiest way to do this is to sell the stadium. Unfortunately, most business people wouldnt shell out to buy a club based on how much it would cost to replace stands. Hibs would get around 15-20mill.

Horse
06-11-2009, 07:54 PM

Exactly.

jgl07
06-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Dont think thats how it works, usually football teams assets dont include stands as such, but more the land that the stands are on. Any buyer would be looking of ways to recoup cash if they want out, easiest way to do this is to sell the stadium. Unfortunately, most business people wouldnt shell out to buy a club based on how much it would cost to replace stands. Hibs would get around 15-20mill.
That's why I said 'notional value'. It was a stupid answer to a stupid question.

You would use that approach to value for fire insurance and possibly also for business rates.

Most business people wouldn't buy a football club, Full stop!

If you use the value of the land less cost of demolition, that would only apply in the vent of the club becoming defunct or at least selling their stadium.

That may be appropriate for Hearts (who are technically insolvent) but not for a viable club like Hibs.

I could give a four page screed on the various approaches to valuing fixed assets (there are five distinct approaches) but it wouldn't really help.