PDA

View Full Version : Would you accept a draw tomorrow if offered it now?

Mag7
06-11-2009, 08:13 AM
Normally I would ALWAYS accept a draw in the derby but tomorrow is a bit different. We're so far ahead of Hearts that a defeat isn't a disaster, but on current form we must have a good chance of winning.

MyJo
06-11-2009, 08:18 AM
while a draw at tynecastle would not be a bad result i have to admit i'll be gutted if we can't win tomorrow, i really really really want us to tear them to shreds and beleive we are capable of doing it :agree:

Ell_Chrisso
06-11-2009, 08:23 AM
I think the majority of Hibs fans right now, dont want 1, they want 3 points.
With our league position, and the state of this Hearts team, we should be believing we can go out and win..
However, we all know what derbys are like. Regardless of how sh*t Hearts are playing, or us, it doesnt count for anything, as a derby always feels like a ONE OF game, to supporters and players.
Id rather just see Hibs go all out to win tomorrow, than be catious. As we have a far better attack than they do..

Cmon the Cabbaggeeeeeeeeeee!

Steve20
06-11-2009, 08:23 AM
I would take a draw right now. Not many teams pick up 3 points at Tynecastle. They are nowhere near as bad as some people would like to think.

ahibby
06-11-2009, 08:26 AM
Normally I would ALWAYS accept a draw in the derby but tomorrow is a bit different. We're so far ahead of Hearts that a defeat isn't a disaster, but on current form we must have a good chance of winning.

Nah all or bust I say.

MacBean
06-11-2009, 08:27 AM
I think the majority of Hibs fans right now, dont want 1, they want 3 points.
With our league position, and the state of this Hearts team, we should be believing we can go out and win..
However, we all know what derbys are like. Regardless of how sh*t Hearts are playing, or us, it doesnt count for anything, as a derby always feels like a ONE OF game, to supporters and players.
Id rather just see Hibs go all out to win tomorrow, than be catious. As we have a far better attack than they do..

Cmon the Cabbaggeeeeeeeeeee!

faaack off :wink:

I just want a good performance from us tomorrow. 45 mins against Motherwell and 45 Mins against D Utd & huns game proved the potential level we can play at.
If we go out tomoro and play like we did in those games then we will tear them a new *rsehole. however caution must be applied to some degree!

Judas Iscariot
06-11-2009, 08:32 AM
A draw keeps our undefeated run going, keeps us the same distance from them and still knocking on the door of the old squirm..

A defeat would be minging, they inbreeds wouldn't shut up for months to come..

A win would just be absolutely fantastic but as it's been sai many a time, it's a derby, league position and form are oot the windae, they aren't as bad as some make out...

And..

It's Hibs, it's set up for us to fail..

Maybe

number 27
06-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Definitely take a draw.

You can already hear them starting to come out with the line that the derby result is more important than league position. We cannot allow them that crumb of comfort.

Fully expect to hammer them at ER later on though.:agree:

James Connolly
06-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Would take a draw in a heartbeat; obviously I'm praying we take them apart and win; but the pain of defeat is too much to take.

So, to answer the OP's question, yes I'd take a draw right now.

Danderhall Hibs
06-11-2009, 08:52 AM
I would take a draw right now. Not many teams pick up 3 points at Tynecastle. They are nowhere near as bad as some people would like to think.

:agree: We're not as good as some think either.

bobbyhibs1983
06-11-2009, 09:02 AM
i think you always want to win, no way you should play for a draw but i would go for a win but i d rather draw than lose

stubru59
06-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Play for a win, but not upset if its a draw.

marinello59
06-11-2009, 09:31 AM

:agree: We're not as good as some think either.

:agree:

A draw would be a decent result. A win would be a fantastic result.

Ell_Chrisso
06-11-2009, 09:39 AM
faaack off :wink:

I just want a good performance from us tomorrow. 45 mins against Motherwell and 45 Mins against D Utd & huns game proved the potential level we can play at.
If we go out tomoro and play like we did in those games then we will tear them a new *rsehole. however caution must be applied to some degree!

WE WANT TO WIN BEEEF! LETS GET RIGHT AT THEM 2MRO.
If we sit off, and be catious, we will lose. The team thats more adventurous, and up for it, will win.

bighairyfaeleith
06-11-2009, 09:42 AM
****ing right I'd take a draw, but I'd love it if we shat all over the flaky inbred little faces tomorrow and took all three points with a nice 4-0 win :greengrin

Makaveli
06-11-2009, 09:46 AM
No chance would I take a draw. It's a rarity we go into a derby there in so much better shape than them, we must take advantage.

Zimmy
06-11-2009, 09:58 AM
I would not take a draw right now, at this time tomorrow? I'd snap your hand off.

HH81
06-11-2009, 10:00 AM
No.

Its time a hibs team went there and really got into them.

Lets see 3 sides of the ground sat down all day while the hibs fans party at scoring a few goals. Lets show them we mean business.

3-0 Hibs. :thumbsup:

Baba O'riley
06-11-2009, 10:18 AM
I'd take a draw; I don't know how my nerves are going to hold up for the next 27 hours or so.....:worried::worried::worried:

PeterboroHibee
06-11-2009, 10:19 AM
A win would be huge regarding us progressing in the league, we would be joint top seperated by goal difference, but a draw would also be a good result; would set us up nicely for the next 3 games which we should be looking to take a decent number of points from.

Hibs7
06-11-2009, 10:47 AM
No.

Its time a hibs team went there and really got into them.

Lets see 3 sides of the ground sat down all day while the hibs fans party at scoring a few goals. Lets show them we mean business.

3-0 Hibs. :thumbsup:

Now that would be a Carlsberg weekend :notworthy:

Dinkydoo
06-11-2009, 11:31 AM
A draw against the Hearts.....................

NEVER!!!:notworthy:

Franck is God
06-11-2009, 11:32 AM
A draw at Tincastle is always a good result and one I would take right now.

I think we are a better team than them and I think we have better players too but that can count for nothing on the day. From what I have seen they are playing ok but struggling to find the goals to win them games.

I was confident of getting a good result at Ibrox and a win against Aberdeen but I have none for tomorrow at all.

Andy.1875
06-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Would obviously prefer a Hibs win, but as long as we don't lose there any result is good.

jakedance
06-11-2009, 11:47 AM
I would accept a draw at half time if we're 3-0 down.

Westie1875
06-11-2009, 11:48 AM
No way, I want a win.

banarc7062
06-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Go get 'em Hibs :thumbsup:
GGTTH

Hibercelona
06-11-2009, 12:58 PM
First derby of the season.
Always a possible chance that we will do them over.
Everybodies up for it.

But hey... lets just accept a draw. :yawn:

Just Jimmy
06-11-2009, 01:00 PM
we wouldn't go to st mirren or hamilton before the game saying we'd take a draw. Bottom six clubs and all that :wink:

Dashing Bob S
06-11-2009, 01:33 PM
I've been slightly disappointed by all derbies since the 7-0 win. It set the bar so high that even after 6-2 I was shaking my head bitterly, saying "it should have been more." So nothing short of an 8-0 win will satisfy me. Come on Hibs, sort it out, you know you want to.

big-mo
06-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Now that would be a Carlsberg weekend :notworthy:

And Falkirk's first win of the season would make it a great Carlsberg weekend. :thumbsup:

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Go for a win but take a draw. I don't know how happy they would be with a draw though. We should factor that into how we play. The longer that the game stays level the more their supporters will get annoyed.

Craig_in_Prague
06-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Given that Rangers play St Mirren at home tomorrow, we really must win.
That's if we wish to stay up near them for much longer...... if we drew, we'd be behind them and they also have 1 game in hand.

I know it's a derby and tynie aint easy, but if clueless Mixu can win there, why can't this outfit, with quality players and a good management team.

Let's take the game to them and stuff em' :thumbsup:

Bad Martini
06-11-2009, 04:38 PM
If we end up with a draw it won't be a disaster. If we play for a draw we will definitely get pumped.

We play well when we go for it....not when we try to be clever and hold out for a draw or such like.

A win is definitely within our capabilities right now. If we lose tomorrow it'll be down to us and our playing poorly and lacking baws. There is no reason why this should happen tho and anyone less than 200% commited tomorrow can piss off to the reserves.