PDA

View Full Version : Benji away...

Hibs90
06-11-2009, 06:48 AM
at the end of the season?

Well according to himself: http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Flionsdelatlas.net%2Finfo-lda%2Finterviews-lda-%2F1162-interview-lda-abdeslam-benjelloun.html&lp=fr_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

Lionsdelatlas.net: Which is your objective of the season with Hib' S?

Benjelloun: One is 3rd with the classification, one practises a good football, one has a very good team and a very good trainer, one hopes to continue like that to play the Euro leagues the next season. Now relating to me, I think that it will be the last season with Hib' S

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-11-2009, 07:48 AM
A wind up

MacBean
06-11-2009, 08:04 AM

Well according to himself: http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Flionsdelatlas.net%2Finfo-lda%2Finterviews-lda-%2F1162-interview-lda-abdeslam-benjelloun.html&lp=fr_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

He goes on to say that he wants to play European Football next season so i presume he means that NEXT season will be his last.
The translator probably didnt work too well.

Doesn't matter, he is here just now and as long as he is playing well and a hibs player i will support him. Until i see any news on an official website then i will ignore this

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-11-2009, 08:11 AM
I wouldn't be overly annoyed if he left. We have plenty other attacking players that could step in. My only worry would be that if he left, it might have an influence on Zemama as they are a bit of a double act.

MacBean
06-11-2009, 08:13 AM
I wouldn't be overly annoyed if he left. We have plenty other attacking players that could step in. My only worry would be that if he left, it might have an influence on Zemama as they are a bit of a double act.

Benji - Ant
Zouma - Dec

do they do the Morrocan Version of I'm a Celebrity Get me out of here? :wink:

Perspective
06-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Hopefully if the team continues to do well and he's enjoying his football he can be coaxed into signing a new contract.

I think given all he's been through he could do with a bit of stability and he's obviously working with a manager who believes in him. He's got the talent to play for a bigger club but would do him no harm to hang about a bit longer.

Apart from Kevin Kyle I don't think there's a better target men in the SPL - in terms of a great first touch, movement and bringing others into play. He's added to that with a real work ethic of late (who would have forseen him tracking back to make tackles on the edge of his own box previously?).

H18sry
06-11-2009, 09:53 AM
full interview

Lionsdelatlas.net: How you go since your return to hibernian after your Belgian experiment of course?

Benjelloun: I am very well and I feel well in my 2nd country, I really feel at home with this club of Hibernian, all the conditions are met so that I produce best myself more especially as I have the confidence of the leaders and my coach. Here, the supporters respect me, therefore I very happy and am very motivated since my return.

Lionsdelatlas.net: What do you retain of your Belgian experiment?

Benjelloun: That remains a good experiment, J met several people who count for me like Mohcine Yajour and Mr. Khlal, I discovered another manner of working with correct people and others less, it is well of living different experiments especially when one is still young.

Lionsdelatlas.net: Is author of some beautiful services with Hibernian with goals with the key, what one can say that Benji is of return?

Benjelloun: It is not a question of the return of the player who was always active but rather return of a confidence lost afterwards of the problems of wound and the other family ones. I find my confidence and my desire for going from the front one, which feels now on the ground.

Lionsdelatlas.net: Which is your objective of the season with Hib' S?

Benjelloun: One is 3rd with the classification, one practises a good football, one has a very good team and a very good trainer, one hopes to continue like that to play the Euro leagues the next season. Now relating to me, I think that it will be the last season with Hib' S

Lionsdelatlas.net: Does that want to say that a good course with Hib' S will be synonymous with a transfer towards a club a little more crested?

Benjelloun: Yes, inchaallah, in any case, it is my objective. I hope to make one good season because for me, it is the moment to cross another stage in my progression, with new challenges.

Lionsdelatlas.net: Which is your glance on the service and the course of the lions of the atlas badly in point in this qualification with the world cup and EDGE?

Benjelloun: It is obvious, one can only be sad to see the national team producing such a service. Personally, I think that the responsibility for the players is undeniable, it is we who play! Thus we are responsible to 90%, there were certainly bad tactical choices or techniques but it is the fault with the players who did not adapt to the conditions of the matches in spite of their experiment of the high level.

Lionsdelatlas.net: Therefore, as a lion of the atlas, you admit criticize formulated by LDA and which overpower initially the players (because some think that LDA exaggerates when it points finger the services of the players pros with IN!!)

Benjelloun: Honestly lionsdelatlas.net makes very a good work and denounces what owes the being, it does not gain anything of all that and its team acts for the good of the national team. That being known as, I continue to say that they are the players who play the matches which are LMBO first persons in charge, it is neither the trainer, nor the president of the federation and even less the supporters. Thus it is in all logic that one is the first with being criticized, it is the consequence of our bad services, it is thus of our fault…

Lionsdelatlas.net: And how to make?

Benjelloun: The player, who does not want to play for his village and his public, remains at his place, final point

Lionsdelatlas.net: You are preselected in the widened list of the 36. The absence of Chamakh and that of Baha the door of establishment you especially if the wound of el Hamdaoui is confirmed, Va one could to possibly open to see Benjelloun taking part in this meeting which will be played in its birthplace, Fès?

Benjelloun: As usual, I am very happy to be in the national team because I think that it is the dream of 36 million Morrocan, much would like to be in my place. I hope to be selected and play this match which will be played in my birthplace. I will be very happy if I play at home in Fès.

Lionsdelatlas.net: What do you think of this meeting vis-a-vis Cameroun? With untameable lions which will come to play gains it to ensure their qualification the world cup whereas Morocco must ensure a place Can.

Benjelloun: It will be a very open match, J have the feeling which one will make something, it will not be easy but that remains possible, one must seize this last chance which remains us by playing the whole for the whole.

Lionsdelatlas.net: One will not be favorite against Cameroun, concealed can constitute an advantage to surprise these untameable lions which found their confidence and the taste of the victory. Can one expect a match “Reference” of the lions of the atlas more at ease when they are not in position of favourites?

Benjelloun: Yes it is sure, one does not have more anything to lose now, it is necessary to play the whole for the whole with the heart and with players who want some, those who do not think of giving the maximum would make better declare fixed price…

Lionsdelatlas.net: What do you think of the young Morrocans who are undecided and who hesitate to join the lions of the atlas like Carcela, Belhanda, Kabul…?

Benjelloun: They are high level players but the problem it is that they do not have the heart to play with Morocco and to defend his colors. If these players want to play for a country, they must specify it as of the first day, one does not say “Not the career initially, I will see…” or “I play with the hopes, I will change later…”, It is not the ideal, it is necessary to be clear and honest in these choices and it is necessary that the choice is that of the heart not that of the head

Lionsdelatlas.net: And how you see the arrival of several local players in the preselection (18 on the whole), you, who are former local player become pro?

Benjelloun: Honestly, there are local players of very good level who can integrate the national team but unfortunately, they are not very numerous. I look at all the matches of Botola, it does not have many players able there to hoist the level of the national team. That will come inchaallah because it takes time to establish a high level championship like that hoped so much.

Lionsdelatlas.net: Do you have news of your friend and brother Mohcine Yajour, you always in contact are?

Benjelloun: Of course, Mohcine occupies a great part of my life, one speaks every day on the telephone, I hope that it will leave Charleroi the rather possible one because it deserves much better,

Lionsdelatlas.net: What can one wish in Benjelloun?

Benjelloun: Inchaallah, a great transfer at the end of the season if god wants it. I hope that the Rajah gains the Moroccan championship, that Real Madrid becomes champion of Spain, that Hib' S finish 2nd or 3rd and that our expensive and tender Morocco qualifies itself with the EDGE, if possible with the goal of the victory against Cameroun marked by Benji (laughter).

MacBean
06-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Lionsdelatlas.net: What can one wish in Benjelloun?

Benjelloun: Inchaallah, a great transfer at the end of the season if god wants it. I hope that the Rajah gains the Moroccan championship, that Real Madrid becomes champion of Spain, that Hib' S finish 2nd or 3rd and that our expensive and tender Morocco qualifies itself with the EDGE, if possible with the goal of the victory against Cameroun marked by Benji (laughter).

:grr::grr::grr::grr:

Mon Dieu4
06-11-2009, 10:17 AM
I like Benji, hope he scores tomorrow and does his shaky handy celebration again :agree:

hibhib7
06-11-2009, 10:30 AM
I hope he's not even playing. I don't see this new work ethic - all I see is a player who wants to go to ground as soon as anyone looks at him and throws his hands in the air if the ref doesn't give him the decision. I thought Nish did far more in the short time he was on the park, against Aberdeen, than Benji had done previously. For a player with his undoubted talent and ability he should be producing far more than he does. He's been around for long enough now and if he doesn't make it this season he never will.

Perspective
06-11-2009, 10:37 AM
I hope he's not even playing. I don't see this new work ethic - all I see is a player who wants to go to ground as soon as anyone looks at him and throws his hands in the air if the ref doesn't give him the decision. I thought Nish did far more in the short time he was on the park, against Aberdeen, than Benji had done previously. For a player with his undoubted talent and ability he should be producing far more than he does. He's been around for long enough now and if he doesn't make it this season he never will.

You can't be watching the same game as me?

Benji is playing off the front with far more responsibility on him than he's ever had. You can see Yogi regularly giving him instructions that he has to relay to the team, organising people in front of him.

He's definitely working harder. Against Kilmarnock he gave a free-kick away in the dying stages right on the edge of our own box. He'd tracked a run right back the pitch then mist-timed a sliding tackle.

I think he gives far more to the team than Nish does.

hibhib7
06-11-2009, 12:56 PM

Benji is playing off the front with far more responsibility on him than he's ever had. You can see Yogi regularly giving him instructions that he has to relay to the team, organising people in front of him.

He's definitely working harder. Against Kilmarnock he gave a free-kick away in the dying stages right on the edge of our own box. He'd tracked a run right back the pitch then mist-timed a sliding tackle.

I think he gives far more to the team than Nish does.Well, mistiming a tackle doesn't surprise me because he can't tackle. Believe me, I'd love to be proved wrong with this guy because I had high hopes for him at one time but, for the life of me, I just haven't seen any improvement and he still spends too much time on his arse.

Callum_62
06-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Well, mistiming a tackle doesn't surprise me because he can't tackle. Believe me, I'd love to be proved wrong with this guy because I had high hopes for him at one time but, for the life of me, I just haven't seen any improvement and he still spends too much time on his arse.

:confused:

probably our most fouled player in the last few games....generally due to be technically gifted.

TornadoHibby
06-11-2009, 02:24 PM

I think he gives far more to the team than Nish does.

Well, mistiming a tackle doesn't surprise me because he can't tackle. Believe me, I'd love to be proved wrong with this guy because I had high hopes for him at one time but, for the life of me, I just haven't seen any improvement and he still spends too much time on his arse.

You clearly don't appreciate a Hibs player with bucket loads of natural ability who is presently doing everything that the manager ask of him FOR THE TEAM and are probably one of those people who booed, screamed and shouted at him every time he did anything less than perfect with the ball! :grr:

I wouldn't be surprised if he scored tomorrow! :wink:

Go on Benji! Let some of these guys who don't pay attention to what's happening on the pitch during matches see what you can do as you have been this season so far! :agree: :wink:

vahibbie
06-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Benji : God will I get a transfer next season to a higher standard team.

God : Naw, there isnae one.:wink:

StevieC
06-11-2009, 02:40 PM

Sounds to me like he's talking about playing in Europe WITH HIBS in the Europa League next season and then leaving at the end of that season (is that when his contract runs out?).

I could be wrong though?

:dunno:

martin63
06-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Sounds to me like he's talking about playing in Europe WITH HIBS in the Europa League next season and then leaving at the end of that season (is that when his contract runs out?).

I could be wrong though?

I thought his contract ran out at the end of this season so am surprised there has not been any talk of a new contract (if only to give Hibs a transfer fee which I think he owes us).
But, then again I could also be wrong?

NOLA
06-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Thought this bit was interesting

Lionsdelatlas.net Chilaalic Youngash exclusive :agree:
:devil:

Bostonhibby
06-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Benji : God will I get a transfer next season to a higher standard team.

God : Naw, there isnae one.:wink:

:agree: Aye, keep it in perspective, gods own team and gods own fans have given you a second chance, sieze it and you might make our D list of moderately famous Hibs players, not Hibby's.

I hope he goes onto do well during his second spell with us and atones for the previous disrespect of our institution. Tomorrow would be a good time to start repaying us.

down-the-slope
06-11-2009, 11:08 PM
I like Benji, hope he scores tomorrow and does his shaky handy celebration again :agree:

secondedZibis only notable save was stopping Benji getting into the firts row of Jumbos after scoring