PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Derby Moment

Hainan Hibs
05-11-2009, 08:02 PM
What is everyone's favourite derby moment from the past?

Mine would have to be Garry O'Connor slamming in the 2nd in the "We Are Unbeatable" derby. I had just crawled back to my seat after the celebrations for Boozy's goal when I look to see O'Connor control the ball and rifle it past Gordon. I almost fainted from that celebration!

davym7062
05-11-2009, 08:07 PM
gordon hunter ending that run of draws:greengrin

or pat stanton equalizing about half past 5

PeterboroHibee
05-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Last seasons was pretty good. Team down to bare bones, no way we were winning, they were going to give us a doing 3 or 4-0.

Didnt work out that way though :greengrin.

Westie1875
05-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Of the recent games I really enjoyed the Brian Kerr derby, scoring in the first couple of minutes at that dump is brilliant! :greengrin

But my favourite derby moment has to be Latapy for the 6th!

Makaveli
05-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Deano's winner in April 05 is my favourite ever derby moment. I remember the celebrations being particularly wild; guy beside me falling down the stairs and other such shenanigans.

16_stevenson
05-11-2009, 08:23 PM
would have to say the 4-4 game i will never forget that game ... we should of won it but aw well good game good atmosphere cant ask for anything more cept for a win !:wink:

Pretty Boy
05-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Gordon Hunters winner, i was about 8 at the time and had never seen us beat Hearts, what a moment.

Also Deanos winner was special, the crowd reaction was near hysteria.

Spike Mandela
05-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Sauzee's goal in the Millenium Derby at Tynie when he ran the length of the pitch to the Hibs fans, Class!

SteveHFC
05-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Mines is when Deano scored the second goal at tynie in 2005.

Broken Gnome
05-11-2009, 08:32 PM
would have to say the 4-4 game i will never forget that game ... we should of won it but aw well good game good atmosphere cant ask for anything more cept for a win !:wink:

My god you're forgiving. I will never ever get over that.

I'd almost say the 2nd in the unbeatable game as well. Because of what Hearts represented at the time, because Hibs were doing so well, because the game had been so hyped, because we'd just broken the deadlock and sensed an edgy ten minutes ahead.... That almost didn't sound like a normal celebration, it was like white noise.

Only time that came close was Harper's solo run, similar kind of experience.

EasterRoad4Ever
05-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Tynie, 10 men for 70 mins, Archie :top marks

Hanny
05-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Deano's winner in April 05 is my favourite ever derby moment. I remember the celebrations being particularly wild; guy beside me falling down the stairs and other such shenanigans.

:agree: That was quite a mental few moments when that went in!

Wee Russell's volley on a dark October night will take some beating for me :top marks

hibernian36
05-11-2009, 08:34 PM
what about archie rifling one past henry smith at swynie in the p'ing rain in front of the hibbies ?:thumbsup:

PiemanP
05-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Deano's!

thought the roseburn stand was going to crumble down that night, sheer pandemonium when it went in.

ohh ****** im excited for saturday :greengrin

hibsbollah
05-11-2009, 08:44 PM
O'Connors injury time winner after being down to 10 men for the whole of the second half. My daughter's first (and so far, last) East Stand experience. She thinks its that mental at every game:faf:

Hainan Hibs
05-11-2009, 08:46 PM
My god you're forgiving. I will never ever get over that.

I'd almost say the 2nd in the unbeatable game as well. Because of what Hearts represented at the time, because Hibs were doing so well, because the game had been so hyped, because we'd just broken the deadlock and sensed an edgy ten minutes ahead.... That almost didn't sound like a normal celebration, it was like white noise.

Only time that came close was Harper's solo run, similar kind of experience.

Agree completely, I remember going home with my dad and the radio gave the soundbites from both goals, I've never heard a noise like the one heard from the 2nd goal.

Hiber-nation
05-11-2009, 08:55 PM
"Latapy....twisting....turning..."

You know the rest.

LamontHFC©
05-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Deeko's penalty last season, and the 'unbeatable' derby. :agree:

Ken
05-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Kenny Miller's to make it 3 at Tynie, the one and only derby at tynie that we've won convincingly in the last 20 years (approx).

Hibercelona
05-11-2009, 09:18 PM
We are unbeata... GOAAAAAAAAAL!

You were unbeatable... You were unbeatable... :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Both at Tynie and both when we still got the proper away end.

The second goal from Archibald when we did them with 10. The celebrations were mental.:thumbsup:

Secondly, when Joe McBride got two late goals in a midweek game to get us a very unlikely point in a 2-2 game.:thumbsup:

heretoday
05-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Stanton's injury time equaliser at Tynie in 1975. Boy were those Jam Tarts sick! The ref just refused to blow his whistle.

just remembered greetin' Jim jefferies was playing i think!

Mixu62
05-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Kevin Harper's screamer from the edge of the box. Or Hunter ending the hoodoo. Was in the "enclosure" in front of the old main stand and the polis had been hassling the hibs fans all day for refusing to sit on soaking wet seats. Cue Hunter and a mini-pitch invasion, including a guy with his kid on his shoulders which can still be seen on the footage! Funny as!:greengrin

Zimmy
06-11-2009, 05:48 AM
So many great moments over the last forty odd years, My favourite was after the 7-0 game standing outside the players entrance wishing the Hibs players a happy New Year when out strolled Pat Stanton shook our hands and asked "did you enjoy the game boys". Class :thumbsup:

Hibs90
06-11-2009, 07:18 AM
Latapys in the 6-2 game, Deanos winner, Any derby goal against them is special. Bring them on! :notworthy:

Mon Dieu4
06-11-2009, 07:28 AM
Sauzee's back heel :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Joy Zipper
06-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Tynie, 10 men for 70 mins, Archie :top marks

Without a doubt.

number 27
06-11-2009, 08:51 AM
what about archie rifling one past henry smith at swynie in the p'ing rain in front of the hibbies ?:thumbsup:

:agree::agree: Absolutely :thumbsup:

Baw187
06-11-2009, 09:00 AM
Harpers volley from the Keith Wright knock down - the game after we got horsed 7-0 by Rangers.

Although Latapy's 6th in the 6-2 always gives me goosebumps.

TornadoHibby
06-11-2009, 09:05 AM
O'Connors injury time winner after being down to 10 men for the whole of the second half. My daughter's first (and so far, last) East Stand experience. She thinks its that mental at every game:faf:

That's mine too! :agree:

Stuart Dougall sent Grant Brebner off for a non tackle on Gary Locke (I think) around the half way line and then apologised for it the next day saying he had got it wrong! :grr:

:singing: Ten men! We only need 10 men, we only need 10 men.............! :agree:

Brilliant! :wink: :cool2: :greengrin

NeilOrrSquareBa
06-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Andy Walker's equalizer in the 2-2 game at Tynecastle 1998 (?)
We were 2-0 down in 7 minutes and we feared the worst. A combination of good goal keeping, atrocious finishing and luck meant we went in at HT 2-0 down.
Kevin Harper came on at HT he terrorised them with a superb display of wing play. With Daring Darren Dodds rampaging up the Left wing like a berserk left wing we scrambled a goal back to make it 2-1 then unbelievably we scored an equalizer.
Bumping down the stairs in the Roseburn Stand I passed 3 mates doing cartwheels and kissed men i didn't even know!!
The best was taunting the Jambo stands skulking away as if we'd hammered them shouting "you thought you'd got seven but you've no!"
The worst was the realisation that Duffy's reign as manager was to continue as a result. Never mind it only lasted a week when we went to Motherwell, went 2-0 up in 10 minutes then lost 6-2.
Oh the banter!
:faf::greengrin:faf::thumbsup:

MacBean
06-11-2009, 12:12 PM

Deano's!

thought the roseburn stand was going to crumble down that night, sheer pandemonium when it went in.

ohh ****** im excited for saturday :greengrin

One of the best nights of my life
:top marks:top marks

dirtydirk
06-11-2009, 12:18 PM
One of the best nights of my life
:top marks:top marks

Thats was my favourite too - we have actually been quite succesful at midweek derbys recently. Just remember Deano and Gary O sliding right in to the corner where we were and all the Hearts fans trying to get at them.

JeMeSouviens
06-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Andy Walker's equalizer in the 2-2 game at Tynecastle 1998 (?)

Remember it well but .... wasn't it Pat McGinlay that equalised?

LancsHibs
06-11-2009, 12:30 PM
My favourite derby moment.....................................

the final whistle when we have won:agree:

Makaveli
06-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Remember it well but .... wasn't it Pat McGinlay that equalised?
Aye I'm pretty sure that Walker got us back in it and Pat equalised. Some fightback given the circumstances! Never been happier with a draw in truth (1-1 John O'Neil to maintain Franck's record runs it close)!

TheBall'sRound
06-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Aye I'm pretty sure that Walker got us back in it and Pat equalised. Some fightback given the circumstances! Never been happier with a draw in truth (1-1 John O'Neil to maintain Franck's record runs it close)!

If we're going to talk about draws, the 1-1 at ER when Deeks curled one into the top bag from 20 yards was simply awesome. I had taken my cousin along to his first (and so far, only) Hibs game and we had the misfortune of being stuck in the lower West near the day-release ****. I was in the middle of explaining that Derek regularly scores from this distance... Think I surfaced about 4 rows down from where I started off.

It seemed at the time and from the angle we saw it from that the net had grabbed the ball as it was going by. Top class goal in a game with little else to commend it. I seem to recall Murdock giving away a particularly stupid penalty in the second half to ruin the fun.

Zorro
06-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Geebsie's winner at their place - first time I'd ever seen us beat them...

Kano's ball to Archie who slammed it past Henry, Henry drop the ball...

And one game I can't remember exactly (we won or drew) on the terrace at Tynie. We scored and I ended up surfacing from the crowd about 20 feet from where I started. Always remember a guy shouting and screaming so hard that his false teeth flew out of his mouth - only for him to catch them mid flight - panther like reactions!

Oh, and "You're not unbeatable" too. I was sadly away for the 6-2 game, but did enjoy my 6 celebrations to a bemused London pub audience!

Brighton Hibee
06-11-2009, 02:01 PM
My only derby so far was a 0-0 at Easter Road in 1994.

The game was shocking and the only thing I remember was bumping into a young lad on the terrace along the side with what seemed like a very long spliff.

Happy days!

BSEJVT
06-11-2009, 02:27 PM
The we are unbeatable game for me.

Was in Florida for the 6-2 game

Knew the score but spotted 2 jambos the next day and asked them the score

6-2 to Hibs says one

I know said I to the other, but I'm a Hibby and just wanted to hear you saying it.

For some reason I have never been able to fathom they seemed a bit put out after that!

Moody Mulder
06-11-2009, 04:51 PM
The ITV teletext news heading which said

" Masacre in the Capital as Hibs hammer Hearts 6-2"

libernian
06-11-2009, 05:10 PM
the season we went down, hearts going for the league. barry lavety winner! woulda been sweeter at tynecastle to be fair, but still.

zero7onyd
06-11-2009, 08:32 PM
O'Conner's goal in the Only 10 men game at ER is still fresh in my memory, but the 2 all game at Tynecastle when Mcbride scored a free kick sometime in the . . . mid 80's was a classic.:thumbsup:

Monts
06-11-2009, 08:49 PM
That's mine too! :agree:

Stuart Dougall sent Grant Brebner off for a non tackle on Gary Locke (I think) around the half way line and then apologised for it the next day saying he had got it wrong! :grr:

:singing: Ten men! We only need 10 men, we only need 10 men.............! :agree:

Brilliant! :wink: :cool2: :greengrin
Think the "tackle" was on phil stamp, or is my memory failing me...again! :greengrin

thebakerboy
06-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Geebsies goal Stantons 95 min equaliser(time added on cause Jeffries took 5 mins to leave field when sent off I think) Archie not just goal fabulous play at 10 men, the Baker boys diving header for a hatrick(that was actually punched in), but ultimately my brother in law and me carrying my old man into my jambo supporting uncles house to find him sitting with a towel over his head and 3 drams in front of him after 7 0 and too many more to mention:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy :

heidtheba
06-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Walking back along from Tynie after Hunters goal. The goal was good but the atmosphere after was like nothing I'd ever experienced. Also loved the 'happy new stand' chanting!

Cracker
06-11-2009, 09:18 PM
How many players now a days would have got up after the tackle on shadler in that wonderful day in "73"?????:thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
06-11-2009, 09:26 PM
There is no contest......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luB0aej4_rE

fiolex1
06-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Wee latapy's goal in the 6-2 game sheer class

G15 Hibs
06-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Watching 3 sides of *********** empty sharpist after Kenny Miller scored the 3rd in the Millenium Derby

CalgaryHibs
07-11-2009, 01:45 AM
what is everyone's favourite derby moment from the past?

Mine would have to be garry o'connor slamming in the 2nd in the "we are unbeatable" derby. I had just crawled back to my seat after the celebrations for boozy's goal when i look to see o'connor control the ball and rifle it past gordon. I almost fainted from that celebration!

=============

6 fin 2 I was at that game,

PedroEdin84
07-11-2009, 04:50 AM
Has to be the 6-2 game. Latapy's goal is the best bit. Just made it that bit sweeter! Would happily take a 1-0 own goal tommorrow tho!

PedroEdin84
07-11-2009, 06:11 AM
Has to be the 6-2 game. Latapy's goal is the best bit. Just made it that bit sweeter! Would happily take a 1-0 own goal tommorrow tho!