PDA

View Full Version : Question Should hibs advertise themselves more than they do...

Hakim Sar
05-11-2009, 05:05 PM
With one of those large jcdecaux advertising hoardings that u can see on the cowgate fire site on the bridges? maybe advertising ticket sales in polish/chinese etc?

possibly some type of marketing promotion at waverley/airport to attract visitors with money to burn?

If hibs were to offer you a credit card with a percentage of interest accruals going to youth acadamy would you take it? If there was less than 1000 sold would it be pointless or does it open the door to new streams of income?

Could hibs advertise more on the sides of buses? or maybe even an advert on stv or bbc Scotland promoting a game or club merchandise?

Or is it money wasted attempting any of the above unless we win more trophies and move onto another level?

down-the-slope
05-11-2009, 05:45 PM
I think that more could be made of Edinburghs tourist trade - there are often tourists in the club shop both on match and non-match days.

A strip and match ticket deal promoted via Accomodation providers would take advantage of this.

You are right to mention Polish etc who are settling here as its a chance to get those with an interest in football to take Hibs as their adopted Scottish team

danhibees1875
05-11-2009, 06:10 PM
I think they should be looking at students, you get alot of people from different countries going to Edinburgh, Napier and HW uni. Perhaps football isn't that big in their home country and they are looking for a taste or they just want a different team to follow while here.

I think I read a half-season cat B ticket was £25 for students, thats good value. If Hibs could find a way to tell people about this deal through a more main stream form of advertising than the club website then they could potentially find a fan for life. :agree:

hibbymac
05-11-2009, 06:15 PM
With one of those large jcdecaux advertising hoardings that u can see on the cowgate fire site on the bridges? maybe advertising ticket sales in polish/chinese etc?

possibly some type of marketing promotion at waverley/airport to attract visitors with money to burn?

If hibs were to offer you a credit card with a percentage of interest accruals going to youth acadamy would you take it? If there was less than 1000 sold would it be pointless or does it open the door to new streams of income?

Could hibs advertise more on the sides of buses? or maybe even an advert on stv or bbc Scotland promoting a game or club merchandise?

Or is it money wasted attempting any of the above unless we win more trophies and move onto another level?

That's all the advertising we need.

Bayern Bru
05-11-2009, 06:16 PM
As someone who works for a PR team, the short answer is yes, but only in specific areas, as someone mentioned, students for example. A lot of people I've spoken to are put off football because they think it's hellishly expensive. And in some cases it is, but I think it would be a chance missed if Hibs didn't exploit this lack of knowledge, and promote half STs etc. to those unaware that it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to go and see football.

Especially the classy, graceful and attack minded football that Hibs play.:greengrin

Perhaps a Hibs stand at the next freshers' fayres at the city's universities and colleges?
:hmmm:

PaulSmith
05-11-2009, 06:17 PM

The half season tickets should've been advertised more IMO

Speedy
05-11-2009, 06:20 PM
I would assume that Hibs consider many different ways of advertising and probably don't invest in a lot of them because they don't think it would be worth it financially.

I'm not sure credit cards is a good idea, I don't know what it would involve but I would imagine there would be a lot.

Pretty sure we've done the buses thing before, not sure how that went.

I agree that getting to students would be a good idea but again I'm not too sure how they would do that because HW aren't too keen on advertising on campus. An ad in the metro would probably reach a lot of students.

As someone said in one of the other threads, Hibs pay a marketing team to come up with these ideas and I'm pretty sure they are working on it.

Westie1875
05-11-2009, 06:26 PM
I think the bus adverts we did a few years ago were fantastic, seen by thousands of people everyday.

Woody1985
05-11-2009, 06:34 PM
I think the bus adverts we did a few years ago were fantastic, seen by thousands of people everyday.

Tell me the last advert that you seen on the side of the bus that made you interested in a product.

The only thing that ever catches my eye on the buses is the latest film that coming out and I would guess that 99 times out of 100 I haven't went to see it.

Hibercelona
05-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Tell me the last advert that you seen on the side of the bus that made you interested in a product.

The only thing that ever catches my eye on the buses is the latest film that coming out and I would guess that 99 times out of 100 I haven't went to see it.

And now presenting..... "Hibernian FC"

Staring "Merouane Zemmama" "Derek Riordan" "Liam Miller" "Ian Murray" "Graham Stack"... etc

Come see the remake of the all time classical of "We papped Hearts 7-0 on their own patch".

That advert would catch my attention 100 times out of 100. :wink:

oconnors_strip
05-11-2009, 06:39 PM
hibs should be using more media ways to advertise, to get in touch with fans and potenial fans/visitors and keep people updated of on and more off the field news and goings on.

the method im meaning here is NEWSPAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very little is in the edinburgh evening news/scotsman about hibs tickets being on sale, prices, initiatives that the club/fans are running. basically everything that fans can access online on forums and the club official website. not everyone has access to the internet, they rely on newspapers and/or most of all family and friends to pass on any hibs news and info. hibs are isolating some fans here and if they want people to return to ER and be "reunited" then they need to let everyone know by using every way possible.

Woody1985
05-11-2009, 06:45 PM
And now presenting..... "Hibernian FC"

Staring "Merouane Zemmama" "Derek Riordan" "Liam Miller" "Ian Murray" "Graham Stack"... etc

Come see the remake of the all time classical of "We papped Hearts 7-0 on their own patch".

That advert would catch my attention 100 times out of 100. :wink:

But you're a Hibs fan, not someone you're trying to entice along to your stadium with little or no previous interest. :wink:

Hibercelona
05-11-2009, 06:48 PM
But you're a Hibs fan, not someone you're trying to entice along to your stadium with little or no previous interest. :wink:

I guess your right...

My biggest worry is them choosing to go to Tynecastle instead...

They might actually think it is a circus. :wink:

Woody1985
05-11-2009, 07:01 PM
I guess your right...

My biggest worry is them choosing to go to Tynecastle instead...

They might actually think it is a circus. :wink:

They'd be right!