PDA

View Full Version : Leamington Hibs

Phil D. Rolls
05-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Trying to answer a quiz question by reading through the names of every team in the English Leagues, I came across this team.

http://www.leamingtonhibs.com/

Anybody know their story, the website is short on history. Maybe this is our way into the premiership?

Lofarl
05-11-2009, 02:59 PM
About time. We are to big for Scottish football.

Moody Mulder
05-11-2009, 03:11 PM
About time. We are to big for Scottish football.

could'nt agree more, with the old firm in terminal decline the likes of hibs, aberdeen, dun utd are in need of more competition

Phil D. Rolls
05-11-2009, 03:13 PM
maybe this could attract the likes of Bill Gates to invest on the back of this.

hibbie02
05-11-2009, 03:15 PM
maybe this could attract the likes of Bill Gates to invest on the back of this.

I would email him but apparently his email address is not easily accessible for some reason........:cool2:

Lofarl
05-11-2009, 03:15 PM
He's a rovers fan I hear.

Phil D. Rolls
05-11-2009, 03:17 PM
He's a rovers fan I hear.

The chance of premiership football might sway him. :pray:

Keith_M
05-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Just had a look at the website and they do wear proper Hibs style strips, Green with White sleeves.

Gotta be more than just a coincidence.

:dunno:

iwasthere1972
05-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Just had a look at the website and they do wear proper Hibs style strips, Green with White sleeves.

Gotta be more than just a coincidence.

:dunno:

:agree:

C'mon the Hibs

http://www.leamingtonhibs.com/storage/greatestday.htm

Dashing Bob S
05-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Never had an English team.

Until now.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Their club badge looks like something that you would see on a real ale tap. Mind you, a few years back, our club badge looked like a becks beer bottle label.

suzie
06-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Our badge is embroidered with 39,000 stitches and its kissed every night. :thumbsup:

suzie
06-12-2009, 08:03 PM
:agree:

C'mon the Hibs

http://www.leamingtonhibs.com/storage/greatestday.htm
try http://www.leamingtonhibs.com/storage/clubfoot.htm
We did this for our presentation night:notworthy:

suzie
08-12-2009, 10:02 PM
We all share the same roots, Hibernian being the roman name for Ireland. Unfortunately mission to dominate the english leagues taking a little longer than expected, any help in breeding out the locals more than welcome !:wink:

The Harp Awakes
08-12-2009, 11:22 PM
We all share the same roots, Hibernian being the roman name for Ireland. Unfortunately mission to dominate the english leagues taking a little longer than expected, any help in breeding out the locals more than welcome !:wink:

Now there's a proposition:cool2: Just as well you put the :wink: smiley on :greengrin

Other than the Hibernian/Ireland link are there any links between your Club and the famous Edinburgh Hibees?

suzie
15-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Not been with the club long enough to know the
ins and outs but know a man that undoubtedly does who I can ask. Like Hibernian FC, the 'Hibernian' connection is an Irish one, the founder family originating from Cork with connections to Cork Hibernian FC, 971 League of Ireland Champions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cork_Hibernians_F.C.

Leamington Hibernian started up around the time Cork Hibernian folded.Our Club is currently the biggest in the area, significantly larger in depth than surrounding clubs with grounds and facilities. Generation thing I guess. Kit colours, main directive being green and white tops, white shorts and gold socks. Historically the teams have played in green shorts/socks and green hoops in the early days.

Love the thread, would appreciate a call if Easter Road ever goes on the market :-) . I suppose a charity match against a Hibs vets or supporters XI would be out of the question?

MacBean
15-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Suzie,

Its Paul here.
Check out this thread. I have asked the hibs.net guys if they fancy a game.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=169259

MacBean
15-12-2009, 03:44 PM
can an admin maybe merge the 2/3/4 threads on this?

suzie
15-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi Paul

Sounds good to me. Let you know how i get on this end. We have no ground but do have good standard pitches that we can hire/beg/steal or borrow or we can come to you if you have the same. We have lots of Junior teams who would love to come up to Edinburgh to also get a game, so if you know of any teams that would be interested in playing under 10s,11s,and 13s. We are of a fair standard.

Suzie

monktonharp
15-12-2009, 06:12 PM
we met 3 Hibees fans while drinking in Hamilton,before the Sunday game,1 an ex-Leither,the others were Warwick born and bred i think. all stayed in Leamington. They never mentioned the local Hibernians:grr: and i've got friends that stay there in Whitnash!

Phil D. Rolls
15-12-2009, 08:21 PM
we met 3 Hibees fans while drinking in Hamilton,before the Sunday game,1 an ex-Leither,the others were Warwick born and bred i think. all stayed in Leamington. They never mentioned the local Hibernians:grr: and i've got friends that stay there in Whitnash!

:hmmm:Very interesting, were they able to say Scheveningen?

(There's a crisp fiver for anyone who can explain this reference, and answer a simple follow up question).

wpj
15-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Got their own facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Royal-Leamington-Spa-United-Kingdom/Leamington-Hibs-Football-Club/48804422276

hibee_nation
15-12-2009, 10:40 PM

(There's a crisp fiver for anyone who can explain this reference, and answer a simple follow up question).

Would it be a reference to German spies. Sch you know who :wink:

jacomo
15-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Got their own facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Royal-Leamington-Spa-United-Kingdom/Leamington-Hibs-Football-Club/48804422276

Cheers... I've just become a fan.

Mon the Hibs! :flag:

monktonharp
16-12-2009, 12:57 AM

(There's a crisp fiver for anyone who can explain this reference, and answer a simple follow up question).was ist das? ich kenne nicht.

ballengeich
16-12-2009, 09:45 PM

It's a Netherlands shibboleth for Germans. I don't care about the fiver, but the follow-up intrigues me.

hibee_nation
16-12-2009, 09:51 PM
It's a Netherlands shibboleth for Germans. I don't care about the fiver, but the follow-up intrigues me.

Just aswell you don't care about the fiver as i got there first. :greengrin

ballengeich
16-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Just aswell you don't care about the fiver as i got there first. :greengrin

I'm still interested by the follow up question.

hibee_nation
16-12-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm still interested by the follow up question.

Me too i think we should hound him in case he does a John Findlay on us. :wink:

Bet the follow up question will be a belter :greengrin

ballengeich
16-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Me too i think we should hound him in case he does a John Findlay on us. :wink:

Bet the follow up question will be a belter :greengrin

If it's not simple as promised he should send you a fiver anyway.:greengrin

hibee_nation
17-12-2009, 10:27 PM

Cmon FR never mind yer fiver whats the question, me and ballengeich are on tender hooks waiting. :worried:

Big Frank
17-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Cmon FR never mind yer fiver whats the question, me and ballengeich are on tender hooks waiting. :worried:

:faf::faf:

hibee_nation
18-12-2009, 12:03 AM

[Q] From Lee Becker: What’s the meaning and origin of on tenterhooks?

[A] It’s been so long since anyone has seen either a tenter, or the hooks on one, that the word and the idea behind it are now quite mysterious, so much so that it sometimes appears as on tenderhooks, which sounds as though it ought to make more sense. But at one time, the phrase on tenterhooks would have evoked an image that was immediately understandable.

Yer right fatboy a real rib tickler. :faf:

Big Frank
18-12-2009, 12:08 AM
[Q] From Lee Becker: What’s the meaning and origin of on tenterhooks?

[A] It’s been so long since anyone has seen either a tenter, or the hooks on one, that the word and the idea behind it are now quite mysterious, so much so that it sometimes appears as on tenderhooks, which sounds as though it ought to make more sense. But at one time, the phrase on tenterhooks would have evoked an image that was immediately understandable.

Yer right fatboy a real rib tickler. :faf:

Even better.Over an hour! tender!! Vintage:devil:
Aye. very good.