PDA

View Full Version : Tactics for Saturday

hibhib7
05-11-2009, 01:09 PM
I don't think we should change much about the way we are playing at the moment, with the possible exception of getting more shots on target, as we have the formation and players to win the game. The danger areas, as I see it, is from free-kicks - they tend to take them quickly when out of range or rifle them in when nearer the goal.

My other concern, is they will come like a bull out the gate, trying to get an early goal then shutting up shop. We have to be alert right from the kick-off and concentrate on cutting out any sloppy passing in our own half as they will be charging in trying to dispossess us. Sometimes a punt up the park from defence could turn this to our advantage as we have the players up front to take advantage of it. This is a derby and they certainly won't be standing about watching us playing pretty football in front of our own goal.

nribs
05-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Get in their faces from the first whistle and when we have the ball play it the Hibs way

Craig_in_Prague
05-11-2009, 01:14 PM
They are a big, physical team.

We will definitely need to be up for the physical side of the game, be concentrated and hope our front players have a good day.

All going well, the rest of Saturday could be enjoyed with ridiculous amounts of lager.

:party::party:

HibsNibs
05-11-2009, 01:21 PM
If Zemamma is injured I'd start with Nish (tin hat on) and drop Benji or Stokes. I thought he made all the difference against the Sheep when we were reduced to lobbing hopeful balls into the area because the creativity usually provided by Zouma was absent.

Jack
05-11-2009, 01:53 PM
They are a big, physical team.

It doesn’t really matter how big and physical they are - they are crap!

“My other concern, is they will come like a bull out the gate, trying to get an early goal then shutting up shop.”

They have only managed one of their 9 goals in the first 10 minutes, they’ve had one around the half hour but remarkably most of the others have been within a couple of minutes of the hour mark!

Speedway
05-11-2009, 01:57 PM

“My other concern, is they will come like a bull out the gate, trying to get an early goal then shutting up shop.”

They have only managed one of their 9 goals in the first 10 minutes, they’ve had one around the half hour but remarkably most of the others have been within a couple of minutes of the hour mark!

I think you underestimate the advantage that Hearts have being as they are, a big, physical side.

Miller and McBride will need to contain them and Hearts will look to overrun the midfield with Mikey S being prepared to puke on demand, on any passing Hibs player.

We need to make sure that we dictate the play, keep possession and enjoy plenty of width (which we will if Nade's playing).

hibhib7
05-11-2009, 05:14 PM

They have only managed one of their 9 goals in the first 10 minutes, they’ve had one around the half hour but remarkably most of the others have been within a couple of minutes of the hour mark!Yes, but that's because most of the teams in the league don't pass the ball at the back like we do. That's the way they started against Celtic, chasing everything, and they will certainly do that to us. Remember, they are at home so their fans will be roaring them on. I'm just saying - beware of being caught early and I'm sure when the game settles down from the early derby frenzy we will be able to take control.

Dashing Bob S
05-11-2009, 05:17 PM
kill dem