PDA

View Full Version : Yams Unbelievable Nonsense

nribs
05-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Sorry I know some of you guys get bored of what goes on over at brokenback but i tought this might make your lunch time more enjoyable

Lets find a Buyer Seriously (Is the heading

Look maybe we could try and bring the state of HMFC to the attention of some Billion/millionaires, they may be tempted to buy, its a very long shot but why not try it? There is no point protesting to have Vlad out ( as i read some1 posted the other day) if there is no-one to step in and buy. I'v tried emailing, had a wee go at Bill Gates, sadley they wouldnt forward my email on, but im sure with some searching we can come across the email o some other big companies and rich guys we can send an email out? If someone could try and make a template email and post here people can copy and paste, meaning they dont need to re-type everytime?

It gives us something to do and makes us feel as if we have tried, becuase to be completly honest its quite frustrating watching Hearts this season.
Dont hate me for posting this!

Then someone says

I've always wondered why the Edinburgh 'big guns' like Standard Life and Scottish widows never gets involved

Sell the land at ER and Tynie and build a 30,000 Standard Life stadium for both clubs.

Both clubs get a big chunk of cash from the sale and the rest is used to build the stadium.

the 2 clubs would then own the ground as long as they kept the name etc

:faf:

Craig_in_Prague
05-11-2009, 01:09 PM

Hainan Hibs
05-11-2009, 01:13 PM
I'v tried emailing, had a wee go at Bill Gates, sadley they wouldnt forward my email on,

:faf::faf::faf:

Oh dear god, my sides:faf::faf::faf:

:faf::faf:

proud_and_green
05-11-2009, 01:18 PM
i've got a better a more certain way for them to get the cash. They should send e-mails to everyone in the world and explain that they have inherited a lot of money but are having difficulty in getting it out the country without a bank account and if the recipient would allow them to use their account they would give them loads of dosh!

I can't see how that would fail, well it has to be alot better than the pish suggested on brokeback!

Hibercelona
05-11-2009, 01:19 PM
I've always wondered why the Edinburgh 'big guns' like Standard Life and Scottish widows never gets involved

Sell the land at ER and Tynie and build a 30,000 Standard Life stadium for both clubs.

Both clubs get a big chunk of cash from the sale and the rest is used to build the stadium.

So now that they've finally reach the foregone conclusion that they are indeed "pish".... They now expect the high flying Hibees to form some sort of friendship with them? :greengrin

proud_and_green
05-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Even better, why don't a bunch of them go on Dragon's Den and ask the Dragons to give them the money to buy the club. I can't see how on earth the Dragons could refuse such a sound investment.

Business plan:

Gies money, cos wur team's pish and if you dinnae we'll write a joint letter

HibeeB
05-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Sending out begging letters :faf:

And they have the cheek to call us hobos :confused:

Hibercelona
05-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Sending out begging letters :faf:

And they have the cheek to call us hobos :confused:

Its how all the big boys operate.... what would we know? :boo hoo:

Andy74
05-11-2009, 01:38 PM
How many rich people are going to pay £40m debt off so they can get their hands on at the most £20m of assets.

Lots of rich people get their money by halfing their investment immediately I suppose.

And that's if someone sold the ground and players which maybe wouldn't be the ending they were hoping for!

Judas Iscariot
05-11-2009, 01:42 PM

That has to be one of us at the windup :faf:

SURELY even a yam can't be that deluded :cool2:

poolman
05-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Sorry I know some of you guys get bored of what goes on over at brokenback but i tought this might make your lunch time more enjoyable

Lets find a Buyer Seriously (Is the heading

Then someone says

I'm sure Alan Sugar would be mightily impressed with that business plan :cool2:

MB62
05-11-2009, 01:45 PM
The euro lotto is £90m this week. Maybe they should all try that.

magpie1892
05-11-2009, 01:52 PM
I like the way they have sold off Easter Road and have both clubs moving to a shared stadium. How could Hibs ever be anything less than 100% behind such a plan?

I really, really hope they go bust. Slowly.

Bayern Bru
05-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Bill Gates?! :LOL:

Heart of Microsoft FC!

Certainly a Window of opportunity there etc.

Phil D. Rolls
05-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Dear Yams

I am the owner of the biggest bank in Estonia. I have literally squazillions of money to spend and I want to buy your club.

I was thinking about Glasgow Rangers, but having spoken to the President of your country, Mr. Cardownie, I now realise that for the same amount of cash I can purchase Homo FC, Edinburgh (non nazi).

With your proud record in domestic and world football, your 400,000 fans and favourable treatment from Mr Codona's government, I see the potential for great things.

I dont care about the risk, as I will underwrite my investment from a pension scheme in my bank's Bosnian division. I understand from your owner, Mr Borthwick, that you don't mind that sort of thing.

Just one thing though. If I hear that you've been talking to leftist lickspittles like Bill Gates, or those commie running dogs Standard Life, the deal is off.

Please get in touch with me at the address below. I'll get back to you as soon as the "nurses" are on their tea break.

yours in Sport

W. Mitty
Ward One
Romanov Towers
TALINN (please check)

ps Could you arrange for Callum and Wullie to do that thing with the hats if I make it over?

Tinyclothes
05-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Dear Mr Gates

I am writing to you on the same pen that Beyonce used at her book signing that my dad went to. Please can my favrit fotballs teem hav sum moneys please as Nade neeeeds some noo shorts as the 1s he has rite now are chaffing heem.

Yours

Casabilly Laszlop

Kato
05-11-2009, 02:18 PM
I don't understand why there isn't a queue of billionaires waiting outside Tynie to buy the club, I mean after all they are really, really nice people to get involved with. :bitchy:

Phil D. Rolls
05-11-2009, 02:21 PM
I don't understand why there isn't a queue of billionaires waiting outside Tynie to buy the club, I mean after all they are really, really nice people to get involved with. :bitchy:

It has to be down to their negative portrayal in the Weedgie owned, West of Scotland press.

Cabbage East
05-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Bill Gates :faf:

Bill Odie more like :greengrin

Tinyclothes
05-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Bill Gates :faf:

Bill Odie more like :greengrin

Bill Odie, Bill Odie
Put your hands all over my body

Baader
05-11-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm sure there's a Nigerian syndicate interested. Just send the club's bank details to their hotmail account and they'll stick the money in lads... :greengrin

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
05-11-2009, 03:11 PM
I'v tried emailing, had a wee go at Bill Gates, sadley they wouldnt forward my email on

HibeeB
05-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Bill Odie, Bill Odie
Put your hands all over my body

:Ummm:

Graham Garden, Graham Garden,

You give me a ha...........

poolman
05-11-2009, 03:15 PM
:Ummm:

Graham Garden, Graham Garden,

You give me a ha...........

Ham Sandwich :confused::greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
05-11-2009, 03:23 PM
I'v tried emailing, had a wee go at Bill Gates, sadley they wouldnt forward my email on

Surely the fuds know Bill is a big Raith Rovers fan?

Jim Herriot
05-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Ham Sandwich :confused::greengrin

Mmm, ham sandwich...

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/400106

bobbyhibs1983
05-11-2009, 03:38 PM
i can confirm that the email that was sent to bill gates was read by bill gates and well to be honest he has informed me that it was the funniest thing he s ever heard in his life.

bill gates is a great guy, lives next door to me and IF he had money he d rather invest it in hot ice,

or did i confuse bill gates to another famous bill gates?:confused:

Woody1985
05-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah, cos SL and SW would really want to invest tens of millions of pounds in football clubs that will struggle to make any return on investment not to mention all of the other baggage that comes with football teams.

Perhaps if each of the football fans were millionaires they'd consider investing.

They'd be better off pinning their hopes on winning the Euromillions this week.

The_Sauz
05-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Bill Gates?! :LOL:

Heart of Microsoft FC!

Certainly a Window of opportunity there etc.

And how about the Windows "7" stadium :greengrin

GordonR
05-11-2009, 04:01 PM

Oh Lordy.

He should have tried explaining that this is the team who won World War One. That might have got their attention more.

ginger_rice
05-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Maybe they could try,

howard.hughes@hotmail.com

:wink:

Peevemor
05-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Maybe they could try,

howard.hughes@hotmail.com

Or robert.maxwell@blueyonder.co.uk :greengrin

Kato
05-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Or robert.maxwell@wildblueyonder.co.uk :greengrin

Fixed it for you.

Twa Cairpets
05-11-2009, 04:49 PM
And how about the Windows "7" stadium :greengrin

My Word, surely they would Excel there. Would there be a good Vista from this stadium?

ginger_rice
05-11-2009, 04:51 PM
My Word, surely they would Excel there. Would there be a good Vista from this stadium?

Would probably be designed with lots of "Open Architecture"

Danderhall Hibs
05-11-2009, 04:56 PM
ps Could you arrange for Callum and Wullie to do that thing with the hats if I make it over?

Yeah, cos SL and SW would really want to invest tens of millions of pounds in football clubs that will struggle to make any return on investment not to mention all of the other baggage that comes with football teams.

Exactly. They'd have been better trying RBS or HBOS - that's what they're into doing.

Dashing Bob S
05-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Look maybe we could try and bring the state of HMFC to the attention of some Billion/millionaires, they may be tempted to buy, its a very long shot but why not try it? There is no point protesting to have Vlad out ( as i read some1 posted the other day) if there is no-one to step in and buy. I'v tried emailing, had a wee go at Bill Gates, sadley they wouldnt forward my email on, but im sure with some searching we can come across the email o some other big companies and rich guys we can send an email out? If someone could try and make a template email and post here people can copy and paste, meaning they dont need to re-type everytime?

It gives us something to do and makes us feel as if we have tried, becuase to be completly honest its quite frustrating watching Hearts this season.
Dont hate me for posting this!

As if. Thank you and with big love from the Hibernian family for confirming what we've always believed about Los Yambolinos.

(You are an irredeemable bunch of sad ******s.)

TornadoHibby
05-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Or robert.maxwell@blueyonder.co.uk :greengrin

Fixed it for you.

Should it not be robert.maxwell@pensionsforthepeople.co.uk :greengrin

Heard he's (allegedly) got loads of dosh! :wink: :cool2: :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
05-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Ok own up, who wiz it???

Are these clowns seriously biting over there?

:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
05-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Isn't Nick.Leeson@notBarclaysanymore.co.uk the first place they should try?

Woody1985
05-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Have any of them actually agreed to give it a try or have they had the pish ripped out of them?

Mixu62
05-11-2009, 07:26 PM
There is one Edinburgh millionaire they could try, some Tim Firmer or something, but I think he's already got a wee football related project on the go just now. Shame eh?:greengrin

Hibercelona
05-11-2009, 07:32 PM
I know this guy named Wallace Mer...... err never mind. :rolleyes:

HibeeMcGinn1
05-11-2009, 07:36 PM
I know this guy named Wallace Mer...... err never mind. :rolleyes:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Andy.1875
05-11-2009, 07:39 PM
That post has got to have been started by someone on the windup.

Even they couldn't be that stupid, could they? :thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Perhaps they could approach Ken Stott to get a consortium together, he might just be The Messiah they are after!

Greentinted
05-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Perhaps they could approach Ken Stott to get a consortium together, he might just be The Messiah they are after!

Well it certainly looks like the lunatics have Taken over the Asylum as they await the ominous appearance of the Debt Collector! :greengrin

Baader
05-11-2009, 10:47 PM

Yes the Dream Team buyout of Stephen Hendry, Ronnie Corbett, Cicero and one of the guys out of The Wurzels. Oh to have celebrity fans...

Simkin911
05-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Then someone says

Quote:

Are these muppets living in the real world? Widows is owned by Lloyds Banking Group. Yes, that's the same banking group that we - the taxpayers (so not the Gorgie soap dodgers) - own to the tune of a 43% shareholding.

Standard Life aren't much better either... having just made a "strategic" decision to sell their banking arm.

Maybe neither company are fully appreciating the potential profit they are ignoring on their own doorstep. Donkeys.

Baader
05-11-2009, 11:16 PM

Well it certainly looks like the lunatics have Taken over the Asylum as they await the ominous appearance of the Debt Collector! :greengrin

Whose arrival would surely put them in a Shallow Grave...

:embarrass

deek
05-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Look I think the guys got a point and I can prove that it works. I email Santa every year since he had an email address, previously it was using a pen and paper but that worked as well. I write and ask him for a pair of socks, the Broons or Oor Wullie and an orange in my stocking and bugger me he gets it right every bloody year. You would think that just once I would get an apple or a pear!!! or even a different colour of socks and don't get me started on the jumpers that turn up that I don't ask for. Sorry I digress.

So you see the boy writing his email can get his wishes if he gets the right bloke. :thumbsup:

SvenNeil
06-11-2009, 12:44 AM
I think we should support our Yam chums with this one. Offer to lend them a stamp and a few crayons to get them started - and invite the media to spread the word on their innovative business strategy.

Their credibility would sky rocket.

machibby
06-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Ach come on give the yam some credit for not having his head in the sand. Maybe he could try this guy I heard of who's made millions out of pies, I'm sure he'd be interested... Failing that maybe fatty foulkes could put the PBS down as his second home and claim upkeep and gardening expences.

Woody1985
06-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Then someone says

Quote:

Are these muppets living in the real world? Widows is owned by Lloyds Banking Group. Yes, that's the same banking group that we - the taxpayers (so not the Gorgie soap dodgers) - own to the tune of a 43% shareholding.

Standard Life aren't much better either... having just made a "strategic" decision to sell their banking arm.

Maybe neither company are fully appreciating the potential profit they are ignoring on their own doorstep. Donkeys.

Rubbish, SL are and always were a long way off needing any government funding. The mortgage book had one of the lowest default rates in Britain and didn't go with the flow by offering sub prime mortgages. Hard to believe but some companies did not lower their lending criteria to give loans to any tom, dick and harry.

SL made a decision not to move back into the mortgage market as it is moving towards being an asset management business and going back into the market doesn't fit with the strategy.

MB62
06-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Look I think the guys got a point and I can prove that it works. I email Santa every year since he had an email address, previously it was using a pen and paper but that worked as well. I write and ask him for a pair of socks, the Broons or Oor Wullie and an orange in my stocking and bugger me he gets it right every bloody year. You would think that just once I would get an apple or a pear!!! or even a different colour of socks and don't get me started on the jumpers that turn up that I don't ask for. Sorry I digress.

So you see the boy writing his email can get his wishes if he gets the right bloke. :thumbsup:

Shirley an opporchancity for some hobo wag to create a banner for tomorrow.

DEAR SANTA, ALL WE WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS £35 MILLION, OH, AND A STRIKER WOULD BE NICE TOO