PDA

View Full Version : Deek watch

macca70
05-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Deek steps out his house and nothing happens but The Sun feel the need to report on a complete non-event.

The Sun GTF

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2714776/Derek-Riordan-faces-lifetime-Edinburgh-club-ban.html

Jim44
05-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Deek steps out his house and nothing happens but The Sun feel the need to report on a complete non-event.

The Sun GTF

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2714776/Derek-Riordan-faces-lifetime-Edinburgh-club-ban.html

Riordan has nobody to blame for his extra-curricular nightmare except himself. If he had had the sense to keep his head down at the beginning of this boring saga and to somehow express some sort of apology or remorse for his stupid behaviour, he might have set up some sort of return to 'normality' in his relationship with Edinburgh nightclubs in the not too distant future. As it is, he has stuck his fingers up at the authorities and, no matter how sympathetic some people might be towards his situation, he has almost certainly set himself up for a lifetime ban and a stupid, yet avoidable, continuation of his problems. I've nothing but admiration for Riordan's contribution to Hibs but I have no respect for him beyond that.

Bad Martini
05-11-2009, 12:21 PM
What a pile of *****.

I havent read what the sun report says on principle they make money from others misery and you need only ask anyone in Liverpool about that.

Id rather hear the insightful opinion of a tramp on the street, with a can of Tennents Super, lying in his ain pish and covered in his ain puke than hear ANYTHING from the sun. Pish pish and mair pish.

As for Riordan, he scores goals. We need goals. Goals win games. I couldnae gie a ratts arse aboot anything else he does.

ENDOF :thumbsup:

Bayern Bru
05-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Riordan's in essence a young lad wanting to enjoy a bit of a night out every now and then, same as most guys his age I'd imagine.

If I was him I wouldn't be risking it, but it must be frustrating, although this obviously doesn't excuse it. I don't understand why security made no attempt to remove him despite having clocked him, according to the Sun.

As it is, it sounds like a total non-event, really.

hibernian36
05-11-2009, 12:41 PM
i stopped buying this trash rag when they started supporting the tories so i gtf sun !

Westie1875
05-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Sorry, but for me Derek is being victimised because of who he is.

The article says he did nothing wrong and had actually been somewhere which isn't included in this scheme, how is he supposed to know the difference if they don't even tell him hes not allowed in?

degenerated
05-11-2009, 01:07 PM
who really cares ???

some po faced kipper licker from unight says he could be banned for life for going somewhere that isnt even included in her jumped up little gang.

this is obsessive and verging on stalking :bitchy:

down-the-slope
05-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Derek has be an A1 plonker on numerous occasions and not helped his own situation.

However this is really scrapping the Barrel for a story.....

But we had better get used to it as the OF biased media is seeing a threat coming their way...so stories like this will keep coming

Jonnyboy
05-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Is this the same Scottish Sun that sponsors certain events at Hibernian FC? Surely not? 'Here's yer sponsor dosh, now sit quiet and dinnae complain when we rip one of your players'

I know times are hard and sponsorship difficult to attract but I really do thing HFC should tell them where to shove their money

TheMentalHibees
05-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Our source said: "I was surprised to see him in there. But to be fair, Riordan didn't cause any bother."

He's not causing trouble, but he should know better than to be trying to sneak into these places. If he doesn't go to nightclubs, then the press won't pick up on it. They're vultures who will report a non-story and blow it up to make it look worse than it is. Often the headlines are disproportionate to the actual content of the article.

GlesgaeHibby
05-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Is this the same Scottish Sun that sponsors certain events at Hibernian FC? Surely not? 'Here's yer sponsor dosh, now sit quiet and dinnae complain when we rip one of your players'

I know times are hard and sponsorship difficult to attract but I really do thing HFC should tell them where to shove their money

:agree: JC got it spot on when he banned the daily ******.

Hibercelona
05-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Hibs sitting in 2nd place.
Derby coming up.
Rangers just behind us.

Weegie rag trying to unsettle Hibs players.... the shock of it. :yawn:

Hank Schrader
05-11-2009, 02:07 PM
What a pile of *****.

I havent read what the sun report says on principle they make money from others misery and you need only ask anyone in Liverpool about that.

Id rather hear the insightful opinion of a tramp on the street, with a can of Tennents Super, lying in his ain pish and covered in his ain puke than hear ANYTHING from the sun. Pish pish and mair pish.

As for Riordan, he scores goals. We need goals. Goals win games. I couldnae gie a ratts arse aboot anything else he does.

ENDOF :thumbsup:

:top marks

silverhibee
05-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Hibs sitting in 2nd place.
Derby coming up.
Rangers just behind us.

Weegie rag trying to unsettle Hibs players.... the shock of it. :yawn:

Dont forget the yam reporter douglas walker who has held on to this story from the weekend for today hoping that George Burley would not pick Riordan for the Scotland squad due to this non story.
walker=:lolyam:

EskbankHibby
05-11-2009, 02:41 PM
"Hibs, his agent and Jongleurs did not comment."

At the risk of sounding a bit pink, the very definition of a non-story, move along now.

PaulSmith
05-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Dont forget the yam reporter douglas walker who has held on to this story from the weekend for today hoping that George Burley would not pick Riordan for the Scotland squad due to this non story.

How many stories has Douglas Walker now run about Riordan, he guy has a fication with him.

I wonder what Walker's user name is on Kickback.....

Hibercelona
05-11-2009, 03:28 PM

Douglas Wa*ker :agree:

bighairyfaeleith
05-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Who are this unite group and how can they ban him for going out at a club which isn't part of unite???????

Fair play to the boy, surely going to a comedy club is a bit preferrable to hitting espionage and getting leathered with the drink all night.

Some folks need to get a grip, hope this fires deeks up to bang in a hattrick on saturday. :thumbsup:

ancient hibee
05-11-2009, 06:50 PM
I think Riordan was very lucky that Wallace wasn't driving by with his kalashnikov.

CropleyWasGod
05-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Who are this unite group and how can they ban him for going out at a club which isn't part of unite???????

:

Unfortunately, Jongleurs IS part of the scheme.

Woody1985
05-11-2009, 07:31 PM
The problem is now that he has a ban which last for a number of years that realistically there is not really any point in trying to adhere to the ban.

If I got banned for a year, I'd think **** it, I'll try and get in somewhere else anyway. You're then hit with a two year ban. Once it gets to 2/3/5 years there's no point staying away.

By the time 2/3/5 years down the line he could be playing elsewhere and the ban won't affect him.

Let the guy go for a pint FFS rather than DR being used as publicity on how well their Unite scheme is doing.