PDA

View Full Version : Deano...

PedroEdin84
05-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Just been watching videos on youtube and it keeps on bringing up Dean Sheils. How good a player was he for hibs?! This video link shows some of his best!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoG2Z0FvOcY&feature=fvw

Judas Iscariot
05-11-2009, 06:58 AM
I reckon Yogi would of got the best out of Deano and enjoyed working with such a technically gifted player!

Baldy Foghorn
05-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Just been watching videos on youtube and it keeps on bringing up Dean Sheils. How good a player was he for hibs?! This video link shows some of his best!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoG2Z0FvOcY&feature=fvw

I for one, have never understood the love-in with Deano.... Yes he produced some flashes of brilliance, but did not do it enough, had bad attitude, and was merely a bit part player for us.....

Hibee_Craig7062
05-11-2009, 11:13 AM
I for one, have never understood the love-in with Deano.... Yes he produced some flashes of brilliance, but did not do it enough, had bad attitude, and was merely a bit part player for us.....

And still would be in this current squad! :agree:

Andy74
05-11-2009, 11:35 AM

Never produced often enough really. Shame as he was a talented guy. Seems much about the same where he is, he seems to do something once every few weeks.

Bayern Bru
05-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Who would Deano start ahead of in the current 'normal' starting XI?

He's not better than anyone we start. He'd be a bench player - although many did argue his best performances came from the bench...

the_ginger_hibee
05-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Who would Deano start ahead of in the current 'normal' starting XI?

He's not better than anyone we start. He'd be a bench player - although many did argue his best performances came from the bench...

Agreed there.

He was the 'darling' of the east for some reason. But was much more inconsistant than most. Plus he was a moany bassa when he didnt start even though, as you say, his best place was off the bench.

ahibby
05-11-2009, 03:43 PM
I thought he did his best stuff before having the operation to remove his eye. Even though he could never see out of it while it was in seemed better than having it out and using a false one. Sounds like a serious operation and no wonder it had an affect if indeed I am right, but that's certainly the impression I got when comparing his performances. I thought at first he was the best finisher we had but as time wore on the less consistent he became but as i say, I noticed a difference between before and after his op, did anyone else?

RoslinInstHibby
05-11-2009, 03:46 PM
I thought he did his best stuff before having the operation to remove his eye. Even though he could never see out of it while it was in seemed better than having it out and using a false one. Sounds like a serious operation and no wonder it had an affect if indeed I am right, but that's certainly the impression I got when comparing his performances. I thought at first he was the best finisher we had but as time wore on the less consistent he became but as i say, I noticed a difference between before and after his op, did anyone else?

dunno tbh, though if i remember correctly he was starting to get really bad headaches which forced the operation......

Dashing Bob S
05-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Far be it from me to join the love-in surrounding the legend that is Dean Shiels, but he's a brilliant player and a Hibernian god and I'd have back at ER before you can say 'hand crafted Italian shoes for Bob.'