PDA

View Full Version : Media Huns fans at it again

Leithenhibby
04-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Or even Scotland's disgrace :bitchy:

The Rangers fans are doing what they do best :take that:take that
fist fights with the stewards WTF. not sure if I sould laugh or cry...it's embarrassing :agree: half way down page, click and listen..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8339063.stm

IWasThere2016
04-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Mare trouble fae the asreholes! :grr:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8343602.stm

silverhibee
04-11-2009, 11:01 PM
And celtc will disgrace Scotland with there game against Hamburg tomorrow on and off the field.
Its so not like the old firm as well:wink:,.
Scotlands Shame home and abroad.:agree:

iwasthere1972
04-11-2009, 11:02 PM

Ugly scenes in Bucharest. :agree:

Hope the huns get a sizeable fine although how they are going to pay it will be a mystery.

steakbake
04-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Well, as with simiar situations involving Brits abroad I think we all know its actually the johnny foreigner police who started it. They were probably just minding their own business and got unwanted attention from overzealous romanians and someone had to step in.

poolman
04-11-2009, 11:05 PM

Saw it on Sky Sports at half time, wisny watchin it but after I thought "now I really hope you get pumped"

Bet they come home and say "It wisny us, they started it"

Absolute tossers :bitchy:

Mixu62
04-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Ugly scenes in Bucharest. :agree:

Hope the huns get a sizeable fine although how they are going to pay it will be a mystery.

They'd be able to pay their fines more easily if they were in the English Premiership though. Once again Scottish fitba holding them back.

steakbake
04-11-2009, 11:07 PM
They'd be able to pay their fines more easily if they were in the English Premiership though. Once again Scottish fitba holding them back.

They'd be able to pay bigger fines and get into bigger types of trouble if they were in the EPL. They might even be able to attract top quality hooligans. :agree: They really are limited by the league they are in and you have to pity them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8339063.stm - 11 words in total in this article (including text coverage of the match).

Sprouleflyer
05-11-2009, 06:06 AM
Saw it on Sky Sports at half time, wisny watchin it but after I thought "now I really hope you get pumped"

Bet they come home and say "It wisny us, they started it"

Absolute tossers :bitchy:

Thats exactly what the huns were saying this morning on Sky Sports news!!

**** the lot of them!!!

mixumatosis
05-11-2009, 06:41 AM
From http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article6903818.ece

"First, seats were not ripped up. They were lying around loose and broken. The Steaua Stadium is in an extremely dangerous condition.

There was a troupe of stewards, who were extremely confrontational, removing flags and banners, and then pepper spraying fans who tried to retrieve their property.

After the fans had eventually reclaimed their emblems, and the stewards had retreated from the fans’ enclosure, peace and quiet returned."

Soooo, that's ok then ? They weren't ripping up seats, just lobbing them at stewards and police. This is Steaua's fault for having a poor stadium, I mean, what right minded set of fans wouldn't lob seats at officials if they were left lying around ?

As for the second part, presumably that's why officials at games in Scotland are so gutless about removing their "emblems". Surely any reasonable set of fans could be expected to charge the security if they weren't allowed to display their "emblems" and were subject to such outrageously strict policing as having stewards in their enclosure. Surely ?

But that's just a random fan, the President of the Rangers Supporters Assembly, Andy Kerr, will surely condemn the actions of a "small minority of the support" (copyright OFcorp) ???

"I wouldn’t say the Rangers fans did anything wrong. The organisation was very poor.”

Errrr, no then.

JackRegan
05-11-2009, 07:26 AM
And celtc will disgrace Scotland with there game against Hamburg tomorrow on and off the field.
Its so not like the old firm as well:wink:,.
Scotlands Shame home and abroad.:agree:

Sorry but why the need to bring celtic into this? When have we done anything like this in Europe??

Fair enough, if we are involve din trouble tomorrow in Hamburg - who's fans attacked a The Tolbooth after teaming up with Huns/ICF two weeks ago - then give us stick for it, but in the meantime leave us out of it.

JackRegan
05-11-2009, 07:27 AM
Thats exactly what the huns were saying this morning on Sky Sports news!!

**** the lot of them!!!

David McCarthy in the Record actually does blame "Burberry and Stone Island clad geezers with Cockney accents"

I'm not kidding.

PeeKay
05-11-2009, 07:30 AM
From http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article6903818.ece
"I wouldn’t say the Rangers fans did anything wrong. The organisation was very poor.”

Errrr, no then.

That's exactly the line Martin Bain is spouting.

"RANGERS chief executive Martin Bain last night expressed his concern at crowd disorder from some of his club's supporters in Bucharest but blamed both Unirea Urziceni and Uefa for creating the circumstances which led to it"We asked for four turnstiles to be made open. And yet our fans turn up tonight and only two turnstiles are open".

With such unbearable provocation, well, you would start throwing seats about wouldn't you?

Sylar
05-11-2009, 07:34 AM
The cynical satire in this thread is not only accurate, but fair giving me a good laugh before starting work for the day! :thumbsup:

Coco Bryce
05-11-2009, 07:43 AM

"First, seats were not ripped up. They were lying around loose and broken. The Steaua Stadium is in an extremely dangerous condition.

There was a troupe of stewards, who were extremely confrontational, removing flags and banners, and then pepper spraying fans who tried to retrieve their property.

After the fans had eventually reclaimed their emblems, and the stewards had retreated from the fans’ enclosure, peace and quiet returned."

Soooo, that's ok then ? They weren't ripping up seats, just lobbing them at stewards and police. This is Steaua's fault for having a poor stadium, I mean, what right minded set of fans wouldn't lob seats at officials if they were left lying around ?

As for the second part, presumably that's why officials at games in Scotland are so gutless about removing their "emblems". Surely any reasonable set of fans could be expected to charge the security if they weren't allowed to display their "emblems" and were subject to such outrageously strict policing as having stewards in their enclosure. Surely ?

But that's just a random fan, the President of the Rangers Supporters Assembly, Andy Kerr, will surely condemn the actions of a "small minority of the support" (copyright OFcorp) ???

Errrr, no then.

It was actually deodorant which would probably have the same effect on them.

Keith_M
05-11-2009, 07:53 AM
David McCarthy in the Record actually does blame "Burberry and Stone Island clad geezers with Cockney accents"

I'm not kidding.

The sad thing is, I believe you. It's amazing that it's NEVER the real Rankers fans................

In all fairness to your lot, it's not right to use the term OF when it comes to this kind of carry on abroad. Rankers fans seem to have it down to a fine art that no one else can hope to compete with (even Hibs in their heyday :wink:)

JackRegan
05-11-2009, 08:06 AM
The sad thing is, I believe you. It's amazing that it's NEVER the real Rankers fans................

In all fairness to your lot, it's not right to use the term OF when it comes to this kind of carry on abroad. Rankers fans seem to have it down to a fine art that no one else can hope to compete with (even Hibs in their heyday :wink:)

As an aside, that late equaliser cost Rangers 400,000 Euros - that would have covered their bank interest payments for 50 days (they are paying £8k a day in interest) :greengrin

ANyway, enough gloating from me.

Keith_M
05-11-2009, 08:09 AM
As an aside, that late equaliser cost Rangers 400,000 Euros - that would have covered their bank interest payments for 50 days (they are paying £8k a day in interest) :greengrin

ANyway, enough gloating from me.

Don't worry, gloat all you want..............

:wink:

IWasThere2016
05-11-2009, 08:17 AM
Sorry but why the need to bring celtic into this? When have we done anything like this in Europe??

Fair enough, if we are involve din trouble tomorrow in Hamburg - who's fans attacked a The Tolbooth after teaming up with Huns/ICF two weeks ago - then give us stick for it, but in the meantime leave us out of it.

Because you're both the same to us :wink: Unclean and undesireable :bye:

Joe Baker II
05-11-2009, 08:23 AM

You are correct here sadly, a lot of Hibs fans will not accept this though.

Also, Aberdeen fans had similar problem with turnstiles though Rangers fans on Saturday as Rangers allegedly had last night and did not react same way. Though both Hibs and Romanian club were at fault too it seems, no excuse for not enough turnstiles being open at any game, and certainly not at champons league game.

blackpoolhibs
05-11-2009, 08:26 AM

What do you say about blueisthecolours accusation that celtic fans roam around ibrox during or after huns games, beating people up, Is this true?He also states govan is a celtic area.

IWasThere2016
05-11-2009, 08:35 AM
What do you say about blueisthecolours accusation that celtic fans roam around ibrox during or after huns games, beating people up, Is this true?He also states govan is a celtic area.

I've been beat up .. once - by 5 CELLIC fans. They are ****

basehibby
05-11-2009, 08:39 AM

Interesting the latest comment on that article...

"tom daly wrote:
I was there in Romania just like I was in Manchester and once again I witnessed fellow Rangers fans disgrace the club.
Right from the start so-called fans urinated in the streets smashed bottles as soon as they were empty and chanted sectarian songs at the poor locals who quite frankly will never see the likes again. I saw at least 20 seats being ripped from their hodlings and thrown at police and stewards.
This will be my last trip abroad to see the Gers and I stongly urge Martin Bain to denounce these hooligans who time and time again shame not just Rangers but the UK as a whole."

This is the other side of the coin from the other comment quoted - it shows that things are rarely black and white in these situations - this guy is obviously a decent supporter who's been disgusted by the thuggery on display around him. I don't think we can paint ourselves as whiter than white but the proportion of lowlife that follows Rankgers does seem to be incredibly high - something that really comes as no surprise to anyone that's seen them en masse and up close.
The poor state of a Romanian stadium and dodgy stewarding comes as no surprise - but neither does the thuggish arrogance of a Rankgers support that has had 100 years + practice in Scotland. Hope they get fined severely for disgracing themselves and Scotland once again :asshole::asshole::asshole:

Antifa Hibs
05-11-2009, 09:00 AM
From what i've read they tried to eject a fan and the rest of the support stuck up for him. Fair play to Rangers I say.

JackRegan
05-11-2009, 09:01 AM

This happened once about ten years ago, but it is not the norm, unlike at Bridgeton, dennistoun and Parkhead.

As for Govan, well its a big area, with many areas in it. Ibrox, Cessnock and Kinning Park where Rangers play is not a Celtic area at all, it not even really a "Rangers" area as its mostly Asians living there. But further down into areas such as Linthouse and Drumoyne - the old "wine Alley", Brighton Street and Orkney Street are very much Celtic areas. Govan does, or did have three Celtic Buses leaving for every home game at one point. I did a rundown of Glasgow areas and listed who were the prominent support in each one about a year ago. :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
05-11-2009, 10:03 AM

"RANGERS chief executive Martin Bain last night expressed his concern at crowd disorder from some of his club's supporters in Bucharest but blamed both Unirea Urziceni and Uefa for creating the circumstances which led to it"We asked for four turnstiles to be made open. And yet our fans turn up tonight and only two turnstiles are open".

With such unbearable provocation, well, you would start throwing seats about wouldn't you?

so we can expect trouble at the next Hibs v Huns home game then due to the fact it might take them a day and a half to get into ER

_hucks_
05-11-2009, 10:28 AM
From what i've read they tried to eject a fan and the rest of the support stuck up for him. Fair play to Rangers I say.

Depends what said fan was doing though. I used to be a steward, and it's a very undesirable job - often getting stick and abuse for what are perfectly reasonable actions, with so many supporters just thinking that whatever stewards are doing, its going to be unreasonable and deliberately provocative. The attitude towards stewards from fans really is awful.

Kojock
05-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Huns track record

Barcelona, May 1972

Rangers manager Willie Waddell labels fans 'louts and hooligans' when they invade the Camp Nou pitch after winning the Cup-Winners' Cup against Dynamo Moscow. Rangers got a one-year European ban.

Ibrox, December 2005

A Rangers fan runs on the pitch to celebrate Peter Lovenkrands' goal in a 1-1 draw with Inter (£2,000 fine).

Villarreal, March 2006

A Rangers fan breaks a window on Villarreal's team bus (£9,000 fine), while sectarian chanting lands the club a £13,000 fine.

Osasuna, March 2007

Rangers fans clash with Spanish riot police at a Uefa Cup match in Pamplona. The club blames Osasuna for a lack of segregation.

Manchester May 2008

Rangers fans were appalling; fans fighting each other, drunk, urinating, rude, mocking English people that went by.

Bucharest Nov 2009

Rangers fans clashed with police and stewards inside the stadium. Embattled police used tear gas to hold back Rangers fans as seats were thrown at stewards and fans rushed police across seats and down passageways.

Glasgow Rangers Scotlands shame since 1873

cwilliamson85
05-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Has anyone seen the violence? was it shown on the highlights?

link?

Bad Martini
05-11-2009, 11:22 AM
...of the wonderful old firm "representing" SCOTLAND in Europe.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8343684.stm

Aye. And we want these ********s doing well on OUR behalf do we? Its no the first time, it'll no be the last.

Old firm, and all yer apologists and sympathisers - GTF.

ENDOF :grr::grr:

Bad Martini
05-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Nice one.

Wheres all the old firm apologists and sympathisers to defend the latest EMBARASSMENT for SCOTLAND thanks to these tits?

If they're no singing aboot ****ing fenians and proddies, their wrecking something or fighting, smashing windaes or whatever.

********s - the sooner they GTF to wherever will take them, the better. Theres naebody really still gonna stand up and tell us we should all be supporting these tossers for the BENEFIT of Scottish football is there :confused: the co-effecient? :confused: etc etc etc :confused:

They can all away and lie in their ain pish...

ENDOF

_hucks_
05-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Huns track record

Barcelona, May 1972

Rangers manager Willie Waddell labels fans 'louts and hooligans' when they invade the Camp Nou pitch after winning the Cup-Winners' Cup against Dynamo Moscow. Rangers got a one-year European ban.

Ibrox, December 2005

A Rangers fan runs on the pitch to celebrate Peter Lovenkrands' goal in a 1-1 draw with Inter (£2,000 fine).

Villarreal, March 2006

A Rangers fan breaks a window on Villarreal's team bus (£9,000 fine), while sectarian chanting lands the club a £13,000 fine.

Osasuna, March 2007

Rangers fans clash with Spanish riot police at a Uefa Cup match in Pamplona. The club blames Osasuna for a lack of segregation.

Manchester May 2008

Rangers fans were appalling; fans fighting each other, drunk, urinating, rude, mocking English people that went by.

Bucharest Nov 2009

Rangers fans clashed with police and stewards inside the stadium. Embattled police used tear gas to hold back Rangers fans as seats were thrown at stewards and fans rushed police across seats and down passageways.

Lets not forget Feb 07, where away to Hapoel Tel-Aviv, the rangers fans popped up the Nazi salutes in Israel of all places. Got away with it claiming it was a (non existant!) 'red hand' salute.

poolman
05-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Aye, Ah notice Blueisthecolour hasny been on to defend the Huns

Maybe he's languishing in a Bucharest nick :greengrin

Leithenhibby
05-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Huns track record

Barcelona, May 1972

Ibrox, December 2005

Villarreal, March 2006

Osasuna, March 2007

Manchester May 2008

Bucharest Nov 2009

:top marks Spot on...

The Huns officials are already saying it was no their fault :yawn:

Like anyone with previous, the writing is on the wall. I look forward to this sorry mob getting what they deserve. But will they?.

Phil D. Rolls
05-11-2009, 01:19 PM

I'm not kidding.

Surely, "a big boy did it and ran away"? :confused:

You have to admire their restraint. :agree:

Judas Iscariot
05-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Aye, Ah notice Blueisthecolour hasny been on to defend the Huns

Maybe he's languishing in a Bucharest nick :greengrin

Behave yourself now!

That would involve one of their many "Fans" leaving the house to actually take in a game properly for a change :rolleyes:

givescotlandfreedom
05-11-2009, 04:20 PM
The media are just as bad with their claims these aren't real Rangers fans. Kiddy on Huns don't go to a city in the middle of nowhere in Romania for a freezing cold night game in November against a team that just hammered them at home. These are dedicated Rangers fans and the media need to stop making excuses for Rangers.

blackpoolhibs
05-11-2009, 04:49 PM
The media are just as bad with their claims these aren't real Rangers fans. Kiddy on Huns don't go to a city in the middle of nowhere in Romania for a freezing cold night game in November against a team that just hammered them at home. These are dedicated Rangers fans and the media need to stop making excuses for Rangers.

They keep telling us the huns are a world wide brand, with fans all over the globe. If this is right, they all wont have weegie accents.

Brizo
05-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Huns track record

Barcelona, May 1972

Ibrox, December 2005

Villarreal, March 2006

Osasuna, March 2007

Manchester May 2008

Bucharest Nov 2009

:top marks

As the facts show they really are in a league of their own when it comes to causing bother abroad. And as usual its everyones elses fault.

I wonder how the media Manchester apologists will try and whitewash this latest escapade.

ancient hibee
05-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Roll on the Atlantic League.

Mixu62
05-11-2009, 06:02 PM
"We asked for four turnstiles to be made open. And yet our fans turn up tonight and only two turnstiles are open".

Really? Is that what passes for provocation these days? I got to work this morning and only 1 lift was working, so I threw my chair at the chief exec. I'm sure he'll understand, it was unbearable provocation!

Mikey
05-11-2009, 06:54 PM
They've been charged by UEFA...........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8343684.stm

Given their previous, I wonder if they could be kicked out of Europe next season?

There are 2 Champions League spots next season, aren't there :cb