PDA

View Full Version : Scotland squad

silverhibee
04-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Will Riordan get another call-up for the squad, or will Burley ignore him and not call him up for the Wales game. Thoughts everyone.

Ed De Gramo
04-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Will Riordan get another call-up for the squad, or will Burley ignore him and not call him up for the Wales game. Thoughts everyone.

He'd be better off staying up here therefore preventing any injuries IMO...also Burley custard pied him in Japan and will probably do the same against Wales because he's inept :agree:

Saorsa
04-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Will Riordan get another call-up for the squad, or will Burley ignore him and not call him up for the Wales game. Thoughts everyone.He'd be as well ignoring him if he's going tae get as much time on the park as last time. :bitchy:

rainman
05-11-2009, 04:08 AM
Keep him up here! :agree:

He's playing in a confident, winning team with a high feel good factor. We don't need him getting involved in that miserable farce they call international football.

GhostofBolivar
05-11-2009, 05:02 AM
Gotta think Ross Forbes will get a call up. Left out of the under-21s.

Raymond
05-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Scotland squad

Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Sunderland), Jamie Langfield (Aberdeen), David Marshall (Cardiff)
Defenders: Christophe Berra (Wolves), Gary Caldwell (Celtic), Steven Caldwell (Burnley), Danny Fox (Celtic), Alan Hutton (Tottenham), Stephen McManus (Celtic), Lee Wallace (Hearts), Steven Whittaker (Rangers)
Midfielders: Don Cowie (Watford), Graham Dorrans (West Brom), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Ross McCormack, James McFadden (Birmingham), Barry Robson (Celtic), Kevin Thomson (Rangers)
Forwards: Steven Fletcher (Burnley), Kevin Kyle (Kilmarnock), Kenny Miller (Rangers), Steven Naismith (Rangers), Derek Riordan (Hibernian).

HibeePaj
05-11-2009, 11:52 AM
....................Gordon........................

Hutton..G,Caldwell..McManus..Whittaker

?Naismith?..D,Fletcher..Katie..McFadden

............S,Fletcher....Riordan..............

i would prefer to see whittaker at right back than fox..
he's a decent player but whittaker was pretty good there against holland

Mon Dieu4
05-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Ian Murray IS and HAS been playing better than at least 4 of those defenders picked:grr:

Cabbage East
05-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Scotland squad

Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Sunderland), Jamie Langfield (Aberdeen), David Marshall (Cardiff)
Defenders: Christophe Berra (Wolves), Gary Caldwell (Celtic), Steven Caldwell (Burnley), Danny Fox (Celtic), Alan Hutton (Tottenham), Stephen McManus (Celtic), Lee Wallace (Hearts), Steven Whittaker (Rangers)
Midfielders: Don Cowie (Watford), Graham Dorrans (West Brom), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Ross McCormack, James McFadden (Birmingham), Barry Robson (Celtic), Kevin Thomson (Rangers)
Forwards: Steven Fletcher (Burnley), Kevin Kyle (Kilmarnock), Kenny Miller (Rangers), Steven Naismith (Rangers), Derek Riordan (Hibernian).

Utter dross either in terms of ability or form.

Pathetic excuse for a manager.

Jim44
05-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Scotland squad

"Utter dross either in terms of ability or form.

Pathetic excuse for a manager. "

Include her. :greengrin

Tomsk
05-11-2009, 12:07 PM

Just for clarification, Monza, is the utter dross the ones in bold or unbold?

:cool2:

GlesgaeHibby
05-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Scotland squad

What does Dundee Utd's Paul Dixon have to do to earn a call up? He's a great young left back, and arguably the best in the SPL.

HibbyAndy
05-11-2009, 03:48 PM
What the **** has Naismith done to justify being in the sqaud ?! :bitchy::bitchy:

Unreal.

Cabbage East
05-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Just for clarification, Monza, is the utter dross the ones in bold or unbold?

:cool2:

A valid point, well made.

Cocaine&Caviar
05-11-2009, 03:59 PM

Naismith and Fox are both decent players IMO...

Hainan Hibs
05-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Why the **** is Danny"can't get a game for England so may as well play for Scotland "Fox in the square ahead of Ian Murray?:grr:

And why the **** does Kenny "no goals in an entire qualification campaign" Miller still get ****ing picked?

Raging:grr:

Cocaine&Caviar
05-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Wouldve liked to see Snodgrass get a run out...

scoopyboy
05-11-2009, 04:14 PM
What does Dundee Utd's Paul Dixon have to do to earn a call up? He's a great young left back, and arguably the best in the SPL.

He would have to play a lot better than he did against Zouma when Burley is watching from the West Stand for a start.

Ritchie
05-11-2009, 04:17 PM

Don cowie has been playing really well for watford.

id have him in my squad.

RyeSloan
05-11-2009, 04:29 PM
He would have to play a lot better than he did against Zouma when Burley is watching from the West Stand for a start.

Exactly. Boy was totally undone that day and looked a million miles away from an International.

However that does not excuse the inclusion of Danny Fox. A player with a half decent delivery but has played a handful of games for Celtic, lost his place/been injured, never before even linked to being Scottish or in the squad yet lo and behold there he is! Shocking.

Andy74
05-11-2009, 04:32 PM
No Conway who played most of the game ahead of Riordan last time out? Bizarre. (that game not his lack of inclusion!)

Dunbar Hibee
05-11-2009, 04:37 PM
I'd rather have Dixon in than Fox. He is ****in murder:bitchy:

PeterboroHibee
05-11-2009, 04:42 PM
No Conway who played most of the game ahead of Riordan last time out? Bizarre. (that game not his lack of inclusion!)

Im not a fan of playing Riordan on the left, think it takes away alot of his game, so Conway was the logical option really considering thats where he plays for United (think hes very average though).

Since Burley wouldnt go with 2 up top against Japan, Riordan wouldnt be as good on his own, and I suppose Burley just wanted him to get some game time....

As for the selections, isnt too bad a squad, there is the usual rubbish in there that are always going to be selected (Miller, Caldwells), but good to see the likes of Wallace (who hopefully holds onto LB and doesnt get punted for Fox) and Dorrans being included.

Westie1875
05-11-2009, 04:43 PM
I'd rather have Dixon in than Fox. He is ****in murder:bitchy:

I'd rather have Ian Murray in than either of them.

Elephant Stone
05-11-2009, 06:26 PM
:agree:

Goalkeepers
Craig Gordon (Sunderland)
Jamie Langfield (Aberdeen)
David Marshall (Cardiff City)

Defenders
Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
Gary Caldwell (Celtic)
Steven Caldwell (Burnley)
Daniel Fox (Celtic)
Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur)
Stephen McManus (Celtic)
Lee Wallace (Hearts)
Steven Whittaker (Rangers)

Midfielders
Don Cowie (Watford)
Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion)
Darren Fletcher (Manchester United)
Ross McCormack (Cardiff City)
James McFadden (Birmingham City)
Barry Robson (Celtic)
Kevin Thomson (Rangers)

Forwards
Steven Fletcher (Burnley)
Kevin Kyle (Kilmarnock)
Kenny Miller (Rangers)
Steven Naismith (Rangers)
Derek Riordan (Hibernian)

lapsedhibee
05-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Zemmama overlooked again! :grr:

Hibercelona
05-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Zemmama overlooked again! :grr:

:tee hee:

With the way they bend the rules these days, he probably could walk into the Scotland squad.

Judas Iscariot
05-11-2009, 06:34 PM
No Ian Murray :bitchy:

He is, without a doubt, a better player than Fox, both the Caldwells and there's
not much between him and Wallace..

:grr:

Judas Iscariot
05-11-2009, 06:36 PM
:tee hee:

With the way they bend the rules these days, he probably could walk into the Scotland squad.

Apart from the fact he's played NUMEROUS times for the Morrocan full national team aye :confused:

Golden Bear
05-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Wot - no Kevin McBride?!

:shocked:

Surely the most consistent performer in the SPL at this stage of the season.

brydekirk
05-11-2009, 06:41 PM
correct me if im wrong but i thought Barry robsons first game of the season was last weekend.:confused:

ancient hibee
05-11-2009, 06:46 PM
correct me if im wrong but i thought Barry robsons first game of the season was last weekend.:confused:
People like you obviously don't understand football:greengrinDo you pick -

a) someone who has been in excellent form all season
or
b)an old firm player who has hardly played at all.

Hibercelona
05-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Apart from the fact he's played NUMEROUS times for the Morrocan full national team aye :confused:

Lighten up. :rolleyes:

brydekirk
05-11-2009, 06:54 PM
HELP i cant find the NEW POST tab. hasit been moved or have i been banned from posting :confused:

sorry to change the subject.:thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
05-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Lighten up. :rolleyes:

Ok boss..

I'll enjoy your pash slavering from now on :agree:

Hibercelona
05-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Ok boss..

I'll enjoy your pash slavering from now on :agree:

Why not? You enjoy your own. :greengrin

Broken Gnome
05-11-2009, 07:29 PM
How bad must Mark Wilson be, as a semi regular Old Firm defender, not to be called into a Scotland squad....

Cocaine&Caviar
05-11-2009, 07:53 PM
However that does not excuse the inclusion of Danny Fox. A player with a half decent delivery but has played a handful of games for Celtic, lost his place/been injured, never before even linked to being Scottish or in the squad yet lo and behold there he is! Shocking.

I really wish people would stop saying this, he was touted for Scotland about 6 months before he was even looked at by Celtic:

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/scottish-football/international-football/2008/12/28/coventry-ace-danny-fox-admits-he-d-love-to-play-in-dark-blue-of-scotland-78057-21000351/

December 2008 :grr:

DirtyDeeds
05-11-2009, 08:08 PM
This squad really highlights the woeful lack of quality in the midfield area, so much so they've had to resort to listing McFadden and McCormack as midfield players. And the centre of defence is just gash, cant find other words to describe it!! Given our shortcomings there in the last decade or so, its sort of bizarre that we are now fairly well loaded with decent striking options (step aside Kenny :grr:) with good attacking full-backs and strikers that look like they may actually bag a goal. James Morrison needs to get fit ASAP too, cracking wee player and will be vital in the next campaign seeing as Brown is injury prone and not creative enough to be a huge influence at internationa level, his passing is abysmal for a guy with his repuation.

JimBHibees
05-11-2009, 08:23 PM
What the **** has Naismith done to justify being in the sqaud ?! :bitchy::bitchy:

Unreal.

Left Killie and joined Rangers. Simple. :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
05-11-2009, 09:35 PM

sign for one of the bigot brothers.

bod
06-11-2009, 12:50 PM
any fellow netters going down to this game ?

Bad Martini
06-11-2009, 01:11 PM
The team SHOULD feature Ian Murray.

Forwards better feature Riordan from the kick off. Fletcher has bottled it too many times and has done so for Scotland too - wouldnt have him the team. Wouldnt have a few others in the team either tho as I understand, injuries are a problem too?

Anyway, Riordan SHOULD start and Murray should have been in tha squad and thats **** all to do with Hibs bias - the fact is, Murray is a good defender and Riordan is scoring and playing well.

Simple really.

Speedway
06-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Is GO'C injured?

silverhibee
06-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Is GO'C injured?

Dont think so.

Regina Phalange
06-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Is GO'C injured?

Aye, he's out with a groin injury.

GieTheBaTaeReilly
06-11-2009, 01:46 PM
HAs Kevin Kyle not been scoring for fun in the last few months?

As many as Riordan this season in the SPL at least.

M

RyeSloan
06-11-2009, 03:24 PM
I really wish people would stop saying this, he was touted for Scotland about 6 months before he was even looked at by Celtic:

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/scottish-football/international-football/2008/12/28/coventry-ace-danny-fox-admits-he-d-love-to-play-in-dark-blue-of-scotland-78057-21000351/

December 2008 :grr:

Fair enough....didn't see tooo much of this at the time and of course he didnae make it into a squad until he was playing where?

Tomsk
06-11-2009, 03:45 PM
I can't see why Burley has chosen Riordan. He clearly doesn't rate him. And Riordan's style doesn't fit in with Burley's set-up.

Lofarl
06-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Burley has a set up? I reckon I could get a game for that numpty