PDA

View Full Version : NHC Ref orders penalty to be retaken SIX times!!!

Ed De Gramo
04-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Penalty retaken 6 times (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F8e6mq3yqs&feature=related)

The ref would be lynched if he did this in the SPL :agree::greengrin

Hermit Crab
04-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Thats a farce.

Hibercelona
04-11-2009, 10:26 PM
It's the rules of the game.

If players run into the box before your foot makes contact with the ball, then it has to be retaken.

Very stupid rule if you ask me.

If you score the penalty and the opposition were cheating by running into the box early... then surely the ref should just let the goal stand. :confused:

Sas_The_Hibby
04-11-2009, 10:39 PM
It's the rules of the game.

If players run into the box before your foot makes contact with the ball, then it has to be retaken.

Very stupid rule if you ask me.

If you score the penalty and the opposition were cheating by running into the box early... then surely the ref should just let the goal stand. :confused:

Trouble is there's usually defenders and attackers encroaching, in which case the ref should really order the penalty re-taken, whether the penalty is scored or not. Fact is that most refs just ignore encraochment, meaning it tends to get worse and any referee then applying the rule is criticised.

Refs also tend to ignore goalies moving off their line at penalties, blatant fouling in the box at corners and free-kicks, and foul throw-ins but DON't get me started.......... :grr:

GreenCastle
04-11-2009, 10:44 PM
:faf::faf::faf:

I thought if the keeper moves off the line or the defenders come into the box before the penalty was taken the advantage goes to the attacking team. So if they score it's given if missed it's a re take ?

Or maybe I'm just making it up :confused:

Hibercelona
04-11-2009, 10:54 PM
:faf::faf::faf:

I thought if the keeper moves off the line or the defenders come into the box before the penalty was taken the advantage goes to the attacking team. So if they score it's given if missed it's a re take ?

Or maybe I'm just making it up :confused:

It would seem like the simple thing to do.

But this is the rules of football we're talking about...

jgl07
04-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Top marks to the referee for pulling things back for rule violations.

silverhibee
04-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Crazy stuff indeed from the ref.:confused:

Hibercelona
04-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Crazy stuff indeed from the ref.:confused:

So thats where Hugh Dallas went. I was beginning to wonder. :greengrin

AndyB_70
05-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Hope the Refs next game is Aberdeen. Imagine a ref playing to the rules and stopping their free flowing football :greengrin

Sylar
05-11-2009, 07:37 AM
Hope the Refs next game is Aberdeen. Imagine a ref playing to the rules and stopping their free flowing football :greengrin

I've never understood how someone can "spit their coffee all over the keyboard" in the past, but I nearly gave a stellar example reading this post! :faf:

Steve-O
05-11-2009, 07:53 AM
:faf:

Stevie Reid
05-11-2009, 10:28 AM
How's this for a pen?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dBqnqx0zxc