PDA

View Full Version : Question New Hibs shirts

Richard Scott
04-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Hate to have to be a mardy arse here but am I the only one who's had problems after washing their Hibs Kits for the SECOND time? I only bought my Home strip a fortnight ago, just got it out the wash (for it's second clean) and the logo at the back of collar is peeling off, as is the one on the bottom left of the strip itself? I know things don't last forever, after excessive usage and life etc, but TWO weeks? :confused:

TheMentalHibees
04-11-2009, 08:21 PM
The McEwan Fraser sponsor on the front of my home top started peeling off after 3 washes.

HibeesLA
04-11-2009, 08:33 PM
have the away top, and I've washed it 5 or 6 times now with no issues. Always wash it and dry it inside out.

Hibercelona
04-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Wash your strip at no more than 30 degrees. :agree:

RoYO!
04-11-2009, 08:48 PM
wash mine at 30 and its fine. however the badge suffers- lots of pulling around the badge/ creases.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Hate to have to be a mardy arse here but am I the only one who's had problems after washing their Hibs Kits for the SECOND time? I only bought my Home strip a fortnight ago, just got it out the wash (for it's second clean) and the logo at the back of collar is peeling off, as is the one on the bottom left of the strip itself? I know things don't last forever, after excessive usage and life etc, but TWO weeks? :confused:

Now you know why Rangers and Celtic tops last for so long.:devil:

monktonharp
04-11-2009, 09:36 PM
get yer Ma,yer burd or the Wife tae wash it,that's their trade:greengrin

jabis
04-11-2009, 09:41 PM
have the away top, and I've washed it 5 or 6 times now with no issues. Always wash it and dry it inside out.

:agree:

Jay
04-11-2009, 09:48 PM
wash mine at 30 and its fine. however the badge suffers- lots of pulling around the badge/ creases.

My boys wear so many football strips that I can do a weekly wash just for them. The Hibs strip always comes out fine apart from the embroidered badge but a wee coolish iron over it with that teflon paper stuff covering it works a treat.

Riordans Boots
04-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Wash your strip at no more than 30 degrees. :agree:

I do!! And have to say, I am always careful to wash our tops inside out - Mine is the away white and seems to be not-so-white these days :grr:and for £30 odd, am no too happy likes :greengrin

LALthehibeeGAL
04-11-2009, 09:52 PM
My boys wear so many football strips that I can do a weekly wash just for them. The Hibs strip always comes out fine apart from the embroidered badge but a wee coolish iron over it with that teflon paper stuff covering it works a treat.

Jill - you iron football tops:confused: oh how very girlie!!

Calum has the away strip and it has been washed a few times with not issues that I can see but again like said before I always wash and dry it outside in.

Cheers. :wink:

PS you have a pm!

Jay
04-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Jill - you iron football tops:confused: oh how very girlie!!

Calum has the away strip and it has been washed a few times with not issues that I can see but again like said before I always wash and dry it outside in.

Cheers. :wink:

PS you have a pm!

no dufus! I iron the badge on the hibs strip as it gets all messed up. Actually he did it usually but now the grand prix is done for a while I will be ironing again - it was his excuse to get peace to watch it :rolleyes:

hibbie02
04-11-2009, 10:22 PM
I get everything ironed whether I need it or not! :greengrin

Properly trained burd! :cool2:

jabis
04-11-2009, 10:32 PM
I get everything ironed whether I need it or not! :greengrin

Properly trained burd! :cool2:

Aaaahhhh...your the one in the East,with the crease down the middle of the Levi legs ......coool :cool2:

:greengrin

hibbie02
04-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Aaaahhhh...your the one in the East,with the crease down the middle of the Levi legs ......coool :cool2:

:greengrin

Naw I am the one in Essex with the crease down his Y's (front and back) :greengrin

Used to have the bags in the auld days with the high waists..........:cool2:

jabis
04-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Naw I am the one in Essex with the crease down his Y's (front and back) :greengrin

Used to have the bags in the auld days with the high waists..........:cool2:

aye............ye cannae beat the bags :agree:

Whit are ye slaverin aboot noo min !

(Damn the Aiberdeen game and all Doric)