PDA

View Full Version : Yams Hearts players question Vlad over unpaid bonuses

MB62
03-11-2009, 09:16 AM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Vlad-probed-over-late-bonus.5785931.jp

Loved the reply from Vlad to Zaliuskas

The majority shareholder flew to Edinburgh last Wednesday to introduce Ivan Svabovic, a prospective new sports director, to his players. Near the end of the meeting he invited any questions, which prompted Lithuanian defender Marius Zaliukas to ask: "When will we get our bonuses?"

Romanov replied: "Have you won any games?"

Mikey
03-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Fantastic. I don't believe for one minute that there's a clause in every player's contract stating that they get bonuses when the board feels they're deserved.

They're out of cash already and it's only November.

Judas Iscariot
03-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Fan again the hitting the 5hlts.. :agree:

BigKev
03-11-2009, 09:25 AM
This'll please them on brokeback. Imagine the EN running a story on this in the run up to a derby, Hobo journo, they're a oot to get us, etc, etc, :blah::blah::blah:

Any bad Yam news is good news IMO :greengrin

Mag7
03-11-2009, 09:29 AM
I love the way the journo refers to their meaningless second leg win against Dinamo as a 'European triumph'. I guess for Hearts these days that's as good as it gets.

Col2
03-11-2009, 09:39 AM
This'll please them on brokeback. Imagine the EN running a story on this in the run up to a derby, Hobo journo, they're a oot to get us, etc, etc, :blah::blah::blah:

Any bad Yam news is good news IMO :greengrin

Not one single thread or comment about it. These nothing stories are just not worth talking about.:wink:

matty_f
03-11-2009, 09:46 AM
I think I love Vlad.:thumbsup:

Mikey
03-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Not one single thread or comment about it. These nothing stories are just not worth talking about.:wink:

There is now. But it's a non story :wink:

MB62
03-11-2009, 10:51 AM
There is now. But it's a non story :wink:

Is that a non story, or a non payment :greengrin

I'm very much with you Mikey. I cannot see any player agreeing to allow the board to pay a bonus when they see fit and not when there are points won or cup games won, especially given Vlad's record on paying up.

Mikey
03-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Is that a non story, or a non payment :greengrin

I'm very much with you Mikey. I cannot see any player agreeing to allow the board to pay a bonus when they see fit and not when there are points won or cup games won, especially given Vlad's record on paying up.

Not only is it a non story, but it's **** stirring by the evening hobo in derby week. The fact that it's a new story and it's just coincidence that it's derby week seems to have escaped them.

Many are taking Vlad's side and agreeing that they don't deserve bonus payments anyway. Makes you wonder just what he would have to do to turn them against him. Also makes you wonder who the mole is in the dressing room :wink:

Ireallywasthere
03-11-2009, 11:09 AM
On another article in the same paper

Romanov used the sit-in to reveal that there will definitely be player sales this January and that he had learned of some former Hearts players who had been keen to return to Tynecastle. He did not elaborate further.

Non story as wel ??

Phil MaGlass
03-11-2009, 11:10 AM
I would have expected a team to have recieved a bonus for beating Celtic in the cup,it just gave them another pay day? Mind you what sort of a pay day will it be considering their crappy support at the weekend.

MSK
03-11-2009, 11:11 AM

Romanov used the sit-in to reveal that there will definitely be player sales this January and that he had learned of some former Hearts players who had been keen to return to Tynecastle. He did not elaborate further.

Non story as wel ??Henry Smith ..Gary Mackay..Gary Locke ...:greengrin

oneone73
03-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Henry Smith ..Gary Mackay..Gary Locke ...:greengrin

Andy Webster :greengrin
Steven Pressley :greengrin

MyJo
03-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Also makes you wonder who the mole is in the dressing room :wink:

i heard he tried to rally the players to go to the directors office to complain but they couldn't afford the flights to lithuania :greengrin

MSK
03-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Will have to get in touch wi my big Bro ...i wonder if he delivered the bog roll & washing up liquid to tynie this week or if the order was suspended again for non payment !!! :tee hee:

Phil MaGlass
03-11-2009, 11:35 AM

Non story as wel ??

Henry Smith return on the cards

lapsedhibee
03-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Henry Smith return on the cards

The fat striker could do them a turn just now.

Hainan Hibs
03-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Marius Zaliukas : "When will we get our bonuses?"

:faf:

Romanov should open the top drawer and stick that come-back in:faf:

bobbyhibs1983
03-11-2009, 01:27 PM
The fat striker could do them a turn just now.

imagen him and nade up front, god, scary stuff, i thought halloween was over n all:grr:

Cropley10
03-11-2009, 01:51 PM

The majority shareholder flew to Edinburgh last Wednesday to introduce Ivan Svabovic, a prospective new sports director, to his players. Near the end of the meeting he invited any questions, which prompted Lithuanian defender Marius Zaliukas to ask: "When will we get our bonuses?"

To which Zaliukas should have said, "aye 4 games - 2 in the league and 2 in the wee cup, so where's our cash".:wink:

Vlad's trying to sound like a smart arse, when in fact once again, he does owe his players money.

Cropley10
03-11-2009, 01:52 PM

Non story as wel ??

Strange use of the past tense there too... 'had been keen' suggesting they're not any longer...

Hibercelona
03-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Strange use of the past tense there too... 'had been keen' suggesting they're not any longer...

Exactly... They "had" been keen in the past...

Now its just "naw". :wink:

Jack
03-11-2009, 02:18 PM

Non story as wel ??

But they decided not to while Vlad was there and wages remained unpaid. :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
03-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Not only is it a non story, but it's **** stirring by the evening hobo in derby week. The fact that it's a new story and it's just coincidence that it's derby week seems to have escaped them.

Many are taking Vlad's side and agreeing that they don't deserve bonus payments anyway. Makes you wonder just what he would have to do to turn them against him. Also makes you wonder who the mole is in the dressing room :wink:

There’s not much to wonder about is there? My “guess” is the player that was out doing all the pre-derby match press conferences and photo-shoots yesterday. Plenty time to slip in a few off the records during the afternoon.

brog
03-11-2009, 05:30 PM
There’s not much to wonder about is there? My “guess” is the player that was out doing all the pre-derby match press conferences and photo-shoots yesterday. Plenty time to slip in a few off the records during the afternoon.

Nah, surely not!! He's never done that before has he?? :wink:

greenlex
03-11-2009, 05:35 PM

Non story as wel ??
The former players will be the Lithuanians who are getting paid sheitpence as it is anyway.

Horse
03-11-2009, 06:15 PM

You have to hand it to Mr Romanov - He is a true genius, I mean at the at the start of the season his cronies were spouting on about the restructuring of wages so that the players would have a modest salary and any success would be rewarded by generous bonus'. Now he has decided that 2 league wins does not count as success for such a massive club and he is now using his expertise in motivation to galvanise the Hearts squad into winning more games! When will we learn that this is the way all big clubs operate? On top of that think of the NI contributions that Hearts have avoided paying (take note Rod). At the end of the season we are going to look pretty foolish when our wage bill has spiralled out of control through all the win bonus' we've been paying, not to mention all the additional NI expenses. Vlad runs a tight ship and I'd be very surprised if Hearts have paid any win bonus' at all come the end of the season.

When will we get our heads out of he sand and realise that Rod and Yogi are running us into the ground with all this entertaining/winning football and the bonus payments that go with it? Mr Romanov didn't mess around when Burley was single handedly ruining Hearts by consistently winning games and costing a fortune in bonus'.

Barney McGrew
03-11-2009, 06:51 PM

Non story as wel ??

Translation : He's going to punt Lee Wallace in January and replace him with that Barasa felly - remember him, the one that looked like a brickie and played like a one legged brickie?

He'll fit right in with their big, physical team.