PDA

View Full Version : Plea to Yogi and the players

Spike Mandela
01-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Please avoid the media pitfalls this week of coming over arogant and over confident. The jambos won't need much motivation to put one over on us but there is no point in 'stoking the fire'.

Be confident by all means, but quietly so and be respectful to our opponents and let our football do the talking on the park.

Leave the slavering to Lazlo and his ginger first lietenant who will no doubt be wheeled out to talk up their chances. If you have to put a gag on Benji and Zoumma do so but please no talk of splitting OF or any other ambitions.

If it were me I'd play the undedog card as our record over the years at Tynie should suggest we are just that:wink:

Yogi, you know it makes sense!:notworthy:

Jack
01-11-2009, 06:57 PM
While I understand what you're saying are they not just a pub team? :duck:

Spike Mandela
01-11-2009, 07:00 PM

Very true Jack:greengrin

Rather than say it though we should think it then let them prove it!

SouthMoroccoStu
01-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Please avoid the media pitfalls this week of coming over arogant and over confident. The jambos won't need much motivation to put one over on us but there is no point in 'stoking the fire'.

Be confident by all means, but quietly so and be respectful to our opponents and let our football do the talking on the park.

Leave the slavering to Lazlo and his ginger first lietenant who will no doubt be wheeled out to talk up their chances. If you have to put a gag on Benji and Zoumma do so but please no talk of splitting OF or any other ambitions.

If it were me I'd play the undedog card as our record over the years at Tynie should suggest we are just that:wink:

Indeed:agree:

Hibercelona
01-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Yogi isn't the type of man to spout junk.... he just says it how it is. :agree:

"Hearts are rank" :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
01-11-2009, 08:36 PM

If it were me I'd play the undedog card as our record over the years at Tynie should suggest we are just that:wink:ogi, you know it makes sense!:notworthy:

Agreed

Spike Mandela
01-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Just had a text from Yogi, It read.
Please avoid the message board pitfalls this week of coming over arogant and over confident. The jambos won't need much motivation to put one over on us but there is no point in 'stoking the fire'.

Leave the slavering to Lazlo and his ginger first lietenant who will no doubt be wheeled out to talk up their chances. please no talk of splitting OF or any other ambitions.

.net , you know it makes sense

Exactly:top marks:greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
01-11-2009, 08:49 PM

Calm the beans! Yogi knows the score :agree:

Hibercelona
01-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Calm the beans! Yogi knows the score :agree:

Is that him being "silently" over confident? :greengrin

bobbyhibs1983
01-11-2009, 08:59 PM

how can you compare a pub team and heartz, i mean one would be a well run team and the other,
well what can i say about hearts?:greengrin

i think you are due all the pub teams a sorry for even mentioning them in the same sentence as heartz, i mean what have the pub teams done to deserved being compared to heartz?:grr:

stubru59
01-11-2009, 09:04 PM
All our talking should be done on the pitch - always.

Self belief is one thing, advertising it is another.

Alex Trager
01-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Very true Jack:greengrin

Rather than say it though we should think it then let them prove it!

my point has been this for weeks so ten out of ten for you.:top marks:notworthy:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
01-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Is that him being "silently" over confident? :greengrin

"How about some more beans Mr Taggart?"

"I'd say you've had enough!" :greengrin

Hibs07p
02-11-2009, 01:07 PM
WELL, it's that time of year when we encounter scary visions, frightening masks and the ugly undead. But enough of our trip to Tynecastle on Saturday,

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Grant-Stott-Tricky-Hallowe39en-clash.5785916.jp

I think Grant Stott has the right idea.
:greengrin

JimBHibees
02-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Given our truly appalling record at Tyncecastle I dont think we are in any position to be over confident. Also Saturday's performance IMO wouldnt have had Hearts shaking in their boots. Very even game with Hearts probably slight favourites given their derby home record and their result v Celtic last week.

Spike Mandela
03-11-2009, 06:21 PM

As predicted....

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2009/11/03/hibs-have-managed-to-split-the-old-firm-thanks-to-a-rub-of-the-green-claims-hearts-skipper-86908-21794135/

Spike Mandela
03-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Now the ginger one is fuming about the article claiming it misrepresents him. He's raging on Radio Scotland.

Think he's read this thread and he's worried about giving us aour teamtalk:greengrin

In the face of intense media pressure from the Aberdeen and Hearts story I hope the Hibs camp play it cool.